Thread: John Dunsworth 1946-2017

John Dunsworth 1946-2017

Actor John Dunsworth most recently recalled for TRAILER PARK BOYS has died at age 71.

http://www.thompsoncitizen.net/john-...-71-1.23065978
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

I heard about that; it's such a shame. I loved him as Jim Lahey, the drunken shit-talkin' trailer park supervisor in Sunnydale.

May he RIP.

One of my favorites shows, and he was excellent on it. I have friends in Halifax and they said he was one of the nicest people. Always charming. RIP John.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Wojciech Guest
    thanks for your information

I just finished watching the last episode of season 12 of Trailer Park Boys. I think it's the funniest show that's ever been created because of the insanity of it all. Some of which mirrors real life.

I didn't know John Dunsworth was dead until the last frame of the final episode being a tribute to Dunsworth/Lahey. That's a drag. He was perfect as the drunken, coniving, closeted, then openly gay trailer park supervisor who's boyfriend, Randy, called him Mr. Lahey instead of by his first name. Dunsworth was so good in his role that watching this show didn't feel like watching an actor perform all of the absurdity his character created.

I have all the movies and specials on my playlist still to watch, including the original short film from 1998 that started the series and is still going strong in animated form with almost all of the original actors in it. According to his RL daughter, Sarah who plays the character of the same name on the shows and specials, Dunsworth's real voice was used in the only episode of the animated series in which his character appears. I was wondering how they were gonna pull that off since he's listed in the cast, but was no longer with us when the animated series was broadcast on Netflix. https://www.newsweek.com/trailer-par...y-cast-1383638