Thread: Canadian sniper kills ISIS jihadi from two miles away

Canadian sniper kills ISIS jihadi from two miles away

believed to be the longest ever - well done sir - I assume it is a male

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-792mph.html

Canada has put out some damn fine Snipers. This dude's shot was more good skills and instinct than just a good rifle. Well done indeed.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    believed to be the longest ever - well done sir - I assume it is a male

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-792mph.html
    What are Canada's interests in Iraq?

Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    What are Canada's interests in Iraq?
    member of NATO

Love it! Two miles away!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Nice two miles, I think that might be a record.

I'm going to use it in my crime novel. Except the sniper is the bad guy.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Still Canadian?

Changed my mind. The good guy is the sniper. Chinese American.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

That's incredible !
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

We cheer someone killing someone that did absolutely nothing to them.

FCOL, it was ISISI. There isn't one who is innocent. I applaud the sniper.
    Last edited by cindyt; 06-23-2017 at 08:51 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Not really something I'd go around bragging about or feeling good about.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Not really something I'd go around bragging about or feeling good about.
    And yet we do. We are no better than those we condemn.

Last edited by john*thomas; 06-25-2017 at 07:00 AM.

Yeah, there's no telling what the US does that we don't know about, but it's not the same thing as what ISIS is guilty of. End of story on my part.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I applaud the Sniper, he was doing his job and taking out someone that was a part of ISIS, no telling what that man did.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I applaud the Sniper, he was doing his job and taking out someone that was a part of ISIS, no telling what that man did.
    Exactly.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I hope the point is understood. During WWII we were so brutal in raping and torturing those we captured that thousands jumped to their deaths rather than get captured.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_Cliff

From the wiki article " in order to avoid capture by the United States, as Japanese propaganda emphasizing brutal treatment of Japanese such as American mutilation of Japanese war dead. Many Japanese feared that 'American devils [were] raping and devouring Japanese women and children.'[2] The precise number of suicides there is not known, but has been estimated at around 8,000 deaths.[3] A contemporary correspondent, praising their actions as 'the finest act of the Shōwa period', described them as 'the pride of Japanese women.'

"Japanese propaganda" being the key phrase here.

Snipers save much more lives than they take. Our young Men and Women in combat would agree. What this young Canadian did is going to be a record that should stand for quite some time. Until smart bullets are available.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    From the wiki article " in order to avoid capture by the United States, as Japanese propaganda emphasizing brutal treatment of Japanese such as American mutilation of Japanese war dead. Many Japanese feared that 'American devils [were] raping and devouring Japanese women and children.'[2] The precise number of suicides there is not known, but has been estimated at around 8,000 deaths.[3] A contemporary correspondent, praising their actions as 'the finest act of the Shōwa period', described them as 'the pride of Japanese women.'

"Japanese propaganda" being the key phrase here.

Snipers save much more lives than they take. Our young Men and Women in combat would agree. What this young Canadian did is going to be a record that should stand for quite some time. Until smart bullets are available.
    Exactly.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Exactly. Propaganda is a strong thing. That Iraq was a threat to us (or Canada) was nothing more than propaganda. That they are a threat to us today is propaganda as long as we are not there and we have no business being there.

Um, I disagree with your statement they are a threat, we have men and women doing things in the name of that group, I refuse to call them ISIS as it dishonors the Goddess Isis, the bombing at the concert in London, he claims ISIS affiliation, the other acts of terrorism some claimed they were doing for ISIS, at one time we thought and believed Russia was a threat to us, my mom is a child of the 80s and before alzhimer's got her, she used to talk about how in some 80s movies Russia was always the bad guy and they were going to set off a bomb, or sent planes to attack, and how Regan, kept talking peace with Russia, Yes there were war crimes committed but it wasn't just one sided either, the Japanese did some horrible things as well, Troops going to kill Native Americans back in the day did horrible things to the Natives, but the Natives gave back in return, war is hell and you do what you can to survive, I don't condone rape at all, some of the men that did things like that were already messed up, whose to say that they didn't do it back home or that when they got back home would have done it as well. Again like Cindy said, the Sniper, did his job and saved many lives, that man he shot could have been the next suicide bomber killing hundreds of people or even fly the next plane into a building here on American soil or in London.

I absolutely agree with you. I applaud him and all who serve in the war against terror. Not an easy job, but I am glad they are there !
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I wish someone had taken out Hitler circa 1933

It is amazing all of the calculations and considerations necessary to make that shot. Wind, velocity, distance curvature of the earth etc... I'd love to know where on the body the bullet hit.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    It is amazing all of the calculations and considerations necessary to make that shot. Wind, velocity, distance curvature of the earth etc... I'd love to know where on the body the bullet hit.
    Snipers usually aim for center mass. At that distance it would not matter where it hit.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

the guy must have great hand eye coordination.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    FCOL, it was ISISI. There isn't one who is innocent. I applaud the sniper.
    So shouldn't we be trying harder to kill them all?
    Surely we can do better than the odd one here and there via a one-off sniper's shot.

Boots on the ground, go door to door; kill 'em where you find them.
    We could probably round up hundreds, maybe even thousands of those people and their supporters and just shoot them where they stand.

If you applaud the sniper's shot - the resulting death, not the marksmanship - why don't you condemn the lack of organized, aggressive, lethal action otherwise?

Just curious.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.