Thread: Michelle Carter Manslaughter Case

Michelle Carter Manslaughter Case

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/loc..._will_continue
    A judge in Massachusetts threw out a motion to declare Michelle Carter not-guilty of manslaughter. Her trial will continue.

Carter has been charged with manslaughter after urging her boyfriend to commit suicide through a series of text messages.

Should telling someone to kill themselves, suggesting options on how to do it, then egging them on while they are in the middle of a suicide attempt be covered under the First Amendment, as the defense argues?
    Last edited by parapsycho; 06-09-2017 at 08:10 PM.

I've read all the text messages, she was really going at him to do this. So yeah, she should be charged. Her whole look has changed, she has that Myra Hindley look about her now. Scary !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	conrad-roy-800.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	54324   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0ddea7c3cbfc4d408c0ae6307490e386-0ddea7c3cbfc4d408c0ae6307490e386-0.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	54325  
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 06-10-2017 at 04:41 PM.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

The judge issued a guilty verdict this morning.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/16/us/mic...ase/index.html

I wonder what the sentence will be.

what was her motivation ??? strange case

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...slaughter.html
    Last edited by cash; 06-16-2017 at 10:17 AM.

He was her boyfriend??? Why would she do this?? Why not try to save him? Very strange and sick.

I am too many generations away from really understanding this whole kill yourself due to social media thingy. You had to say crap to someone's face and then it was either a fight or not. We are dealing with a new type of addiction and society is being damn slow to address it.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

If I recall, she got quite a bit of attention after he died playing up the "tragic mourning girlfriend" angle. I don't know if that was her motivation though. Honestly, I think she wanted to see how far she could take it and assumed he would back out at the last minute.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I am too many generations away from really understanding this whole kill yourself due to social media thingy. You had to say crap to someone's face and then it was either a fight or not. We are dealing with a new type of addiction and society is being damn slow to address it.
    Same here growing up.
    Sometimes I think Social media makes it just too easy for cowards. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    If I recall, she got quite a bit of attention after he died playing up the "tragic mourning girlfriend" angle. I don't know if that was her motivation though. Honestly, I think she wanted to see how far she could take it and assumed he would back out at the last minute.
    Shes a pretty sick ticket, I read that her punishment could be anywhere from probation to 20 years in prison.
    I hope she gets the 20 years and spends her time getting all the wrong kind of attention in prison.

9. 06-17-2017, 03:49 PM

It shows my age to wonder how a series of texts-- which many crime shows have taught me could come from anyone who got hold of one's device-- could convince someone to finish killing oneself, rather than vocal communications (preferably in a weepy tone of voice, preferably promising to do likewise.) Something that serious deserves a more personal interaction-- and unless a phone is bugged, there would have been no record of the actual conversation.
    And this is the generation that will inherit the earth.

From what I understand he kept saying he was going to do it, apparently has been for years, he would tell her I am going to do it tonight or on this day and then not do it, perhaps after awhile she got tired of hearing him saying it, and just said fine do it already, and got tired of trying to talk him out of it, I don't know the reason for her egging him on, she deserves to go away as she urged him in taking his life and to me that is manslaughter,? Murder?

2.5 years is prison

ww.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/a11260866/michelle-carter-sentenced/

She only has to serve 15 months and then on probation, she starts probation today.
    On Thursday, Judge Lawrence Moniz sentenced Carter to two and a half years at the Bristol House of Correction, with only 15 months of that to be served behind bars. Terms of her probation include never profiting from the experience with paid books or interviews, not leaving her home state without permission, and never contacting Roy's family. Also a news video about this case just stated she can remain at home while her case is being appealed....wtf, is she or isn't she going away.
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/2...155832210.html
    Last edited by pkstracy; 08-03-2017 at 01:48 PM.

Amanda Knox wants sympathy for Carter

http://nypost.com/2017/08/04/amanda-...rves-sympathy/

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    what was her motivation ??? strange casel
    I think dependence on psychotropic drugs may also be involved. She was still texting her dead boyfriend for weeks after he had committed suicide.

Looks like she is going to stay in prison for awhile.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Looks like she is going to stay in prison for awhile.
    Good. HBO did a documentary I Love You, Now Die:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	index.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	54881 The Commonwealth Vs. Michelle Carter. I would like to see this.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    She's rather pretty - shouldn't have any trouble finding a boyfriend who'll try to please her.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Now I remember where I have seen those eyebrows ... on Bette Davis in Now Voyager. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	u-g-PH4PUU0.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	54928

Wow. That resemblance is eerie.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Now I remember where I have seen those eyebrows ... on Bette Davis in Now Voyager. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	u-g-PH4PUU0.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	54928
    She seemed to only start styling them that way after what happened because if you look at pictures of her beforehand, they weren't as...wild and she looked a lot better. There is a picture going around of her after being released and while it's not clear, from what you can see, they do look a little tamer.

The trial is way over; she's served her time and been released; so I changed the title.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Someone must have given her a pair of tweezers for Christmas. Lol.