Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Cornell - Soungarden, Audioslave

Chris Cornell - Soungarden, Audioslave

My profile picture and avatar are pictures of the lovely Agnetha Fältskog from ABBA, not me. I am a man, and an admirer of her. Friend proposers take note!

Stunned. He had an exceptional voice. RIP.

So sad. Wonderful voice!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "I just know I'm not the greatest power on this earth. I didn't create myself, because I would have done a hell of a better job." -Layne Staley

BBC are reporting it as a possible suicide

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39960066

I hope not...

Holy Shit!!!! Well this is going to be interesting... If it's drugs or suicide I'm gonna be pissed.....
    My Posse's On Broadway

I am seriously bummed by this. He was one of my favorite vocalists. I've never seen him live and he's one I always wanted to. Suicide? I really hope not. Everything in his life seemed to be on track. He got sober in 2004 so I sure hope he didn't get back into drugs. This really sucks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Was saddened to hear of his passing. I was supposed to go to the show last night, but I couldn't make it. Contrary to stated reports, many of my friends who went to the show said he seemed to be off all night. They weren't sure what was up. One of them even wrote on his Facebook page (before he learned of Chris's death) "Never seen a great band humiliate themselves in public - Way to kill the band's legacy". While another one wrote "Lots of us are talking about the show and his passing, don't mean to be rude, but he really seemed off last night".

R.I.P. Really shocked to hear of his death.

I am sorry to say I am not familiar with him or Soundgarden. It is sad and if it was suicide that would be so horrible to do to his family, but people that commit suicide aren't thinking of family and friends, if it's drugs again another sad way to go and end a talent that was God/Goddess given.

According to the radio, it was alleged he was found in his hotel bathroom with something wrapped around his neck. :-( His wife had asked someone to check on him, and the door had to be broken down. My God. :-( I knew he suffered from depression for years, but man. I loved his song, "Seasons" from the Singles soundtrack. (Ironically, the deluxe version reissue is out this week with more songs, many from Cornell, on it.)

From one who likes grunge (AIC, Nirvana, Soundgarden), this is another gut punch. :-(
    Last edited by ShyLurker; 05-20-2017 at 12:06 AM.

RIP.

Grrrrr.... Now I am pissed.... I watched a clip or two from his show last night and it was not "good" - actually he seemed to be fucked up and that in itself is sad.

His children, that is who I feel sorry for. I get it, don't preach mental illness yadda yadda yadda to me... This is going to suck and effect those kids for the rest of their lives....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CCKids.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	54261  
    My Posse's On Broadway

It has to be said I'm afraid...

Suicide or Asphyxywank?

I can't believe he's gone when I first saw it on Facebook I thought it was a hoax

an interview with Stern from 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-IOu4s7MHY

They are ruling it suicide by hanging. I'm really shocked and sad. This one really stings. He was in my top 5 favorite vocalists.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Another grunge icon from my teens and 20s is no more. :-(
    Last edited by ShyLurker; 05-20-2017 at 12:07 AM.

I was shocked to hear this. My part time job is doing transcription and closed captioning and someone posted about this on the forum on the website I work for, she had just transcribed an interview with him yesterday, maybe his last. How sad. I wasn't a huge Soundgarden fan, but I LOVED Black Hole Sun and the video. This is so sad. RIP.

I've been crying on and off since yesterday morning because it's just fuck. This is like my old high school friend that understood how I was feeling died. Obviously we didn't know each other in the slightest, but fucking hell I could relate so much to the lyrics that he wrote. He has been trying not to die pretty much his entire life only for it to come to this and it's so damned sad

he used an exercise band ( resistance band I guess) and a shackle used in rock climbing to hang himself

http://pagesix.com/2017/05/19/chris-...199.1489287649

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedkitten View Post
    I've been crying on and off since yesterday morning because it's just fuck. This is like my old high school friend that understood how I was feeling died. Obviously we didn't know each other in the slightest, but fucking hell I could relate so much to the lyrics that he wrote. He has been trying not to die pretty much his entire life only for it to come to this and it's so damned sad
    I know exactly how you feel. I was never into the grunge scene. I was in high school in the 80s and I loved 80s metal. Grunge came along and destroyed it! lol But I loved Chris Cornell's voice. I was a huge Audioslave fan. He's always been in my top five favorite vocalists. I do agree that he was also a talented lyricist. It's really really sad. A talent lost. I feel for his family. Most of all I'm sad for him that he felt that was the only way out. I've been there. I know how much it hurts. I wish he could have gotten some help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

https://www.drugs.com/ativan.html
    -I have to go with Chris Cornell's wife on this one. Ativan, or any antidepressant/ anti anxiety medication are nothing to take "one or two more" of. We see the commercials, read the ads with the list (long) of possible side effects at the end. One of them is "suicidal thoughts or actions, go see a doctor" I hope she uses this to raise awareness on the overuse/ abuse of these drugs. I have seen people hooked on Xanax, not pretty... Just my opinion though.
    Last edited by Squishy; 05-20-2017 at 08:03 AM.

He was an addict with an addictive personality. He fell off the wagon, it happens...

You know any freakin' med can be dangerous if not taken correctly and this blame game shit pisses me off. It's frustrating that meds that really help 90% of the population get put on lock down and nearly impossible to get prescribed because of the 10% of the assholes who abuse it. How about some personal responsibility or self accountability for a change?

Sorry.... I am venting, but when I first saw the wifey's comment I was like "and here we go"... Pretty soon we all gonna be cray cray because they are banning anything that can help. Yeah and forget about that Sudafed for that headcold if the pharmacy is closed - thanks meth heads!

Hel_Eljudnir Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    He was an addict with an addictive personality. He fell off the wagon, it happens...

You know any freakin' med can be dangerous if not taken correctly and this blame game shit pisses me off. It's frustrating that meds that really help 90% of the population get put on lock down and nearly impossible to get prescribed because of the 10% of the assholes who abuse it. How about some personal responsibility or self accountability for a change?

Sorry.... I am venting, but when I first saw the wifey's comment I was like "and here we go"... Pretty soon we all gonna be cray cray because they are banning anything that can help. Yeah and forget about that Sudafed for that headcold if the pharmacy is closed - thanks meth heads!
    Agree 100%, I had to login in to say thank you. I thought the same thing, people are going to demonize meds for mental illness once again, especially since his music appeals to alot of that crowd that does the demonizing. They've helped me and family and friends ALOT in the past, that's why it bugs me so much, too much of anything is usually not good for you.
    I was never a huge fan of his, (Black hole sun is actually one of my least fave songs, it just bugs me for some reason) but RIP

I completely agree. I've worked in drug rehab and I've worked in a mental hospital. You can't make laws to prevent people from taking drugs improperly. Vilifying drugs of any kind because a group of people over use them is wrong. I see this with pain pills too. There's a legitimate use for these drugs. The way this country handles drugs doesn't work. At all.

I still hate that it happened. I loved Cornell's voice so much. I feel for his wife and children. I think his wife just may be in the denial stage right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Truly fucked up. He was an icon.

While Googling this, I saw an article where some members of the Foo Fighters condemned him for his suicide. I like the Foo Fighters, but I hate that because it's pretty judgemental shit.

Thanks y'all - I just knew I was going to be called an insensitive twat.

I have also been personally effected by these "bans" - it can take an act of congress after meds get the blame and it can be hell. My poor mother had two teeth pulled and the dentist told her to take Tylenol - REALLY?

I take Seroquel and Ambien - I have enough sense to know once I have taken my meds to lay it down, not get in the car to satisfy a Big Mac attack!

He was an awesome musician, but his demons did him in. He had more going on than Ativan....
    My Posse's On Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post

While Googling this, I saw an article where some members of the Foo Fighters condemned him for his suicide. I like the Foo Fighters, but I hate that because it's pretty judgemental shit.
    I can't believe they would judge someone so harshly like that and so soon after it happened how insensitive

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post

Right!! Especially since their boyfriend Kurt took the same way out - just a little messier!
    My Posse's On Broadway

Chris Cornell Gravesite Will Be Open to the Public at 3 p.m. Friday | Variety

http://variety.com/2017/music/news/c...ay-1202442512/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

Right!! Especially since their boyfriend Kurt took the same way out - just a little messier!
    Yeah I was going to mention Kurt but wasn't sure if it was to close to home especially considering the coroner said Chris committed suicide but the family say it had to be under the influence of his anti-anxiety medicine or something else

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
    Yeah I was going to mention Kurt but wasn't sure if it was to close to home especially considering the coroner said Chris committed suicide but the family say it had to be under the influence of his anti-anxiety medicine or something else
    Well Kurt was an active heroin addict - on the run from rehab. Foo Fighters are assholes and overrated.
    My Posse's On Broadway

fans are trying to book the hotel room he died in

http://pagesix.com/2017/05/25/chris-...199.1489287649

All that waste of handsome.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    fans are trying to book the hotel room he died in
    Wow that's just a little too far for me I know people are curious but that's just I don't know tacky so close after his death which I guess is stupid to say considering it's a hotel room not his home so they're not invading his family's privacy

His funeral is tomorrow has anyone heard about an autopsy report or have they released one?

Well Kurt was an active heroin addict - on the run from rehab. Foo Fighters are assholes and overrated.
    True I mean about Kurt I wouldn't know if the Foo Fighters were assholes lol the overrated part is a matter of opinion but I wouldn't know that either because I've never really listened to all of their music

I hope that I don't come off shitty, but is there anyone else out there that kind of finds it tacky that Cornell's widow seems go out of her way put herself in the news about her husband's suicide. I mean she seems to keep popping up everywhere telling "her story" about the night. I know everybody deals with grief in their own way, but it's almost like she is chasing the spotlight instead of mourning and taking care of the kids.

Rock royalty and Hollywood celebs attend funeral

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-Cornell.html

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    I hope that I don't come off shitty, but is there anyone else out there that kind of finds it tacky that Cornell's widow seems go out of her way put herself in the news about her husband's suicide. I mean she seems to keep popping up everywhere telling "her story" about the night. I know everybody deals with grief in their own way, but it's almost like she is chasing the spotlight instead of mourning and taking care of the kids.
    I did think that was kind of odd I would have thought she would have wanted to retreat into a kind of privacy I guess everyone deals with it differently was she like that before his death?

41. 05-26-2017, 09:54 PM

They could have picked a better picture of Chris he looks crazy, and his family doesn't look that broken up either and I wonder where his oldest daughter is they didn't show a picture of her or even mention her being there

If this is true there were fresh track marks on his arm
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-arm-dead.html

I found this as well not sure if it's true or not his wife says when she called and talked to him and asked if he'd taken/done anything other than his Ativan he became aggressive
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...versation.html

That's some interesting information, Teddybear. I'm interested in the toxicology results.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They could have picked a better picture of Chris he looks crazy, and his family doesn't look that broken up either and I wonder where his oldest daughter is they didn't show a picture of her or even mention her being there
    No idea if this is accurate, but one of the people in the comments claims Cornell's daughter, Lily [his eldest daughter from his first marriage] was in picture #30. Either way, it seems like the press is mainly focused on the second wife and younger kids. Not their fault, obviously, but another child has lost her father, too, and to not even mention her really sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    I don't watch TV or do anything but work, listen to podcasts and read messageboards (yeah I'm a barrel of laughs) so I haven't heard or seen her, but maybe she understands it from a fan's perspective and knows that people are always gong to want to know the story, so she's just putting it out there. Of course I can't really judge because I haven't see her, but just thinking maybe she has been affected by a celebrity's death and she's kind death haggy and she really wanted every detail she could get afterwards, I mean look at us, I'd love to hear stories about exactly what happened in a lot of cases but as we are seeing here it looks tacky for someone to do that. Anyway, just saying maybe she has had the experience of wanting that info about someone she admired and hated wondering, etc... so she just decided to be open about it. Also maybe she wanted to keep rumors and other stories from coming out and just set the record straight from the get go to stave off any wild speculation. Sorry this post is rambling I am just not finding the words to say what I mean.

On the other hand maybe she just wants her 15 minutes in the spotlight and now this is her opportunity and she's running with it. IDK.

Okay I just saw pictures of his wife for the first time. I don't like her. Maybe she is just an attention whore. Of course I make this judgement on seeing a single picture of her. But I don't like her and don't understand men who like women like that. She reminds me of Betheny Frankel.

Okay I realize they were at a funeral, but did everyone just look bad that day? Courtney Love scared me for a second, I almost thought she was Jocelyn Wildenstein, Gavin Rossdale didn't even look good and I always thought he was one of the most handsome men ever. Brad Pitt is the only one who looked great, I don't know how he gets better with age when most of these actors/rockers just look plain old and tired.

Meanwhile, according to that article, Krist Novoselic has turned into your high school best friend's dad. Or my 6th grade math teacher.
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 05-27-2017 at 08:54 PM.

47. 05-28-2017, 11:59 AM

Quote Originally Posted by ShyLurker View Post
    No idea if this is accurate, but one of the people in the comments claims Cornell's daughter, Lily [his eldest daughter from his first marriage] was in picture #30. Either way, it seems like the press is mainly focused on the second wife and younger kids. Not their fault, obviously, but another child has lost her father, too, and to not even mention her really sucks.
    Yeah I thought that was unusual that she wasn't mentioned but maybe not being mentioned in a way is a blessing they aren't taking a bunch of pictures and invading her privacy but to not mention her like the way a family would in an obituary is just sad she matters she was his too

49. 05-28-2017, 12:17 PM

Ok so here's the picture of his oldest I think at the funeral I'm sorry it's so big I don't think they mentioned her in the article and I don't think they meant to take her picture either because she wasn't mentioned or her name listed below this picture she kinda looks like the girl next to Chris in the picture above her face is a bit different unless this is a different girl

Quote Originally Posted by ShyLurker View Post
    Is this her/the picture?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40D66A0100000578-4546408-image-a-61_1495843006109.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	54284  

i am interested in the toxicology also. granted, kurt cobain did the deed in 1994. he was a mess, very addicted to heroin, and mentally unstable.
    I really thought Chris had the drugs beat. but he was addicted to oxycontin for years, and it's as much a beast as heroin.
    I feel for his kids. they are old enough to know what happened, read stuff. at least frances bean was a baby.
    I heard the last show was very messed up. two ativan wouldn't do that.
    the bad part.......the crap is already out there that "the wife drove him crazy" and "she keeps changing her story" just stop already.
    havent' I heard all that for 23 years about kurt and courtney? Chris is gone, he hung himself, and while I am afraid he was high as hell.
    rest in peace, man. you were so handsome, and what a voice. as much of a waste of both , as when kurt died.
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC] http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 [/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by phineas117 View Post
    the crap is already out there that "the wife drove him crazy" and "she keeps changing her story" just stop already.
    His wife drove him crazy? That makes me sad even though it's not a given that the person trying to fight the drugs does better with a loving partner and family it's always better to have some kind of support when there's substance issues I wouldn't know what it's like to fight those kinds of problems but it makes my heart hurt to know he was alone not unlike how Layne and Kurt were alone

And why would she keep changing her story? I can't imagine what it is that she has to cover up unless there's some kind of insurance thing and she wants the money some weird suicide clause? Or do today's insurance include suicide so that the family's have a chance to get something?

I am curious as to why it takes so long for them to release the toxicology report it's been about a week or so since he died I can't imagine it takes that long to do the report

The two pictures make me believe that could be his eldest daughter, yes. The first pic, she was obviously younger. Her age now, I've read, is 16. The eyes look the same in both pictures, IMO!