Thread: Podcasts

michael d Guest

Podcasts

What podcasts do you listen to? Any Death Hag type podcasts?

Favorite is This American Life. I am always looking for new ones and am interested what you all recommend.
    Last edited by michael d; 08-27-2008 at 04:22 PM.

FannyB1923 Guest
    Try this one: http://www.binnallofamerica.com/

Run by Tim Binnall interviews and discussions of all things esoteric- UFO's, paranormal and metaphysical interesting stuff!

stinkythejokedog Guest
    The Adam Carolla Show

IrishBabe Guest
    When he isn't making a movie, Kevin Smith's Smodcast is hilarious.

colz85 Guest
    This American Life

Fresh Air

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.

Podcasts

Don't know if this has been discussed before, but I just found a new radio station online. It's called I Hear Dead People.com. All's they play online is music by artists that are dead. Since most of my favorites fall into this category, I am digging this station! Rock on!
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

puddles Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by "What Tha....?" View Post
    Don't know if this has been discussed before, but I just found a new radio station online. It's called I Hear Dead People.com. All's they play online is music by artists that are dead. Since most of my favorites fall into this category, I am digging this station! Rock on!
    WOW cool! I'll go there and listen. thanks for the heads up, sound like its right down all our death hag's alley's!!!

The Internet Radio Thread.

I listen to a program called Late Night Live (an Aussie show). It is on at 10.00pm Aussie time which currently +10 hours GMT. This is the link to podcasts of previous shows, to get you started. http://www.abc.net.au/rn/latenightlive/index/

As an intro, go to the category 'Design' and listen to 'Vienna Art and Design'. Love this stuff.
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 11-27-2011 at 03:18 AM.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Rosebud666 Guest

Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me

My absolute favorite, and something certain to interest the other denizens of this forum, is NPR's "Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me".

I'll let them describe what they're all about:

Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! is NPR's weekly hour-long quiz program. Each week on the radio you can test your knowledge against some of the best and brightest in the news and entertainment world while figuring out what's real news and what's made up. On the Web, you can play along too.
    It is hosted by Peter Segal and the official judge and scorekeeper is vetran NPR newsman Carl Kassel.

The prize for winning callers, in fact, the only prize that has ever been offered, is Carl Kassel's voice on your answering machine, voice mail, or the like.

Celebrity guests compete in a segment called "Not My Job", in which they are asked questions about a subject that they presumeably know nothing about.

DIck van Dyke, for example, had to answer three questions about dikes.

Barak Obama, back before he was even a presidential candidate, answered three questions about baseball slugger Wade Boggs.

A lot of celebrities who get mentioned here have turned up as guests. Just a few who immediately come to mind are: Tom Hanks, Elizabeth Edwards (who was absolutely charming and very funny), Jesse Ventura, Leonard Nemoy, Lucy Lawless, Wayne Newton, John Waters, Kevin Bacon, Russel Simons, ...

The panel typically includes people like Mo Rocca, Tom Bodett, P.J. O'Rourke, Paula Poundstone and Roy Blount Jr.

They veer toward the wierd and wacky in the week's news, like the Florida state legislature's move to ban truck nuts or the robbery that went wrong because the robber's girlfriend dropped her pet duck while they were trying to make their getaway.

You can listen online (their is an archive with past shows) or on most NPR member stations.

http://www.npr.org/templates/rundown...ate=04-26-2008

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post

You can listen online (their is an archive with past shows) or on most NPR member stations.

http://www.npr.org/templates/rundown...ate=04-26-2008
    Thanks mate, listening as I write.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

DisneyStacy Guest

Question Favorite Podcast?

I have a long commute (the joys of living in Southern California) so I have been listening to a lot of Podcasts lately to make the drive more entertaining. What are some Death Hag Podcast favorites? I've been listening to the New York City Crime Report and it's pretty entertaining but I'd also love something that is more nationwide. Other favorites that aren't crime related are Hollywood Babble On, Adam Corolla, & This American Life.

Any suggestions?

Rosebud666 Guest
    If you like This American Life, you will probably also like Cartalk and Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me.

Stevil Guest
    I used to be a Coast to Coast Streamlink subscriber. It cost $30.00 for a 6 month subscription which is not a bad deal, there are no commercials. I didn't always like every show but once in a while you'll find one that's worth the cost of subscription. Lately I've been listening to Doug Owen at Oracle Broadcasting it's free but there a lots of commercials.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

http://www.oraclebroadcasting.com/index.php

Its not really Death Hag related, but I have been obsessed with Gay Pimpin' with Jonny McGovern for YEARS. Its kind of explicit, but it's hysterically funny!
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

Podcasts

Did a search and just saw podcasts mentioned in threads about other stuff, not one just dedicated to different podcasts.

I know I'm a little late to the game but the last year or so I've been really into listening to podcasts. Of course true crime is my favorite, that's probably about what 90% of those I subscribe to are about. My favorites are True Crime Garage, True Crime Brewery and Thinking Sideways. They do some really good shows, and I like the personalities. Of course there are a few duds in there. Most of them that try and make it humorous fail (for me, it's when women do this, for whatever reason) but there are some good ones that are a mix of dark humor and true crime. I also like Sword and Scale but there is a lot coming out the host and he's kind of a greedy creep. I think he actually posted here in the police blotter section in a thread about a topic he was covering on his show a few years ago when he was just starting out. He's now making over $30k a month in donations. Dang! Anyone here want to start a true crime podcast with me? Lots of cohosts don't live in the same state or ever country, we could do it.

Anyone here listen to podcasts and have anything they recommend? I don't listen to anything fiction at this point, it's all true crime, talk shows (Reasonable Doubt with Adam Carolla and Mark Garagos is really good, I don't care for Adam's regular show where he has celebrities and does a regular morning type show, but RD is interesting legal talk mixed in with Adam's general sensibilities and rants, which I do like, and just a few random shows for one, Doughboys, where they review chain restaurants and Who Are These Podcasts?, which makes fun of terrible podcasts.

I know we talked about the Richard Simmons podcast in the Richard Simmons thread, but that was a one season and done thing.

Wow no one listens to podcasts? You should really try it. If you have iTunes just search any topic you like and you will find something. Today I listened to a show called Things You Should Know and it was all about swearing. It's really interesting. They have lots of interesting shows with great information. Another one is about how freak shows worked, there's how malls work, how food tasters work, the history of soda, just all kinds of random stuff.

I hardly watch TV anymore I'm so busy listening to podcasts, and I love having them on during my drive, and during breaks at work.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    Wow no one listens to podcasts? You should really try it. If you have iTunes just search any topic you like and you will find something. Today I listened to a show called Things You Should Know and it was all about swearing. It's really interesting. They have lots of interesting shows with great information. Another one is about how freak shows worked, there's how malls work, how food tasters work, the history of soda, just all kinds of random stuff.

I hardly watch TV anymore I'm so busy listening to podcasts, and I love having them on during my drive, and during breaks at work.
    I'm more of a documentary person - as long as the subject matter is death or true crime. Also like docs on troubled famous dead people such as Heath Ledger/Cobain/Bin Laden/Nina Simone/Chris Farley. Netflix is great for docs.

I don't get the chance to anymore but when I was working in an optical lab I would listen to my iPod and I listened to Hollywood Babble On with Kevin Smith and Ralph Garman, Mysterious Universe, Jim Harold's Campfire, and Paranormal Sideshow. I listened to a few others here and there but those were the main ones. I need to catch up. I really miss them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weird Darkness

Spaced Out Radio

Mysterious Radio

Coast To Coast

My favorite murder
    Last Podcast On the left
    The murder squad