Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: DDII The Six Degrees of Helter Skelter

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    Here is a pic I took of the DVD at the Ralphs by me. Sorry the quality isn't all that great... I have a cheap camera phone.

Also, I worked at a Ralphs in Sun Valley today (3/23/2010) off of Laurel Canyon and they had it there as well.

JGrier Guest

Six degrees of vHelter Skelter DVD

Bought this today at Wal-mart. Excellent, Very well done and informative.

innervoice Guest
    Got mine at Best Buy last month (it wasn't on sale)!!! I've watched it three times--great job, Scott!

You guys are the best. Thanks so much. I'm so glad you liked the docs
    Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

stay_zee Guest
    Watched it on Hulu last night. Loved It!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    Still haven't seen a DEATH HAG sticker and I'm looking!
    Saw one the other day in Seal Beach!

almost 2 years on since I first got this dvd, I just came back to see that it's been commercially released. As someone who owns the original version sold through createaspace, were there any additions to the commercial version?

No, actually the one from Createspace has extra features that the commercial release doesn't. There's talk of a special edition, with the possibility of more additions in the future.

Heavenly Tiger Guest
    I rented it at Blockbuster. It's better than anything else on the subject. Scott actually goes to the locations and I have never seen that done before. Thank you Scott, good job.

Reecy Guest
    I'm joining the bandwagon. Congratulations to Scott and crew.

Vintage_Vixen Guest
    I just got mine yesterday....watched it twice!! Wow, Scott...you named the names, showed the places & gave the details.....it was awesome!! Mad props!!

FatGuy/LittleCoat Guest
    Bought this last week. watched it this morning. Easily the best Ive seen on this subject. the end part at the Barker ranch is just creepy.

MinLynn Guest
    I've never been able to find this DVD ANYWHERE around me(and I've looked). I had watched it on Hulu but I wanted to be able to watch it on my big screen and let my husband watch it. We were out Garage Sale-ing yesterday and found the copy that also has the Boneyard and The Stranger Beside Me on it. It only cost me $3 and I was ELATED! I finally own it! The original owner was telling me just it sucked because there wasn't enough gore! I told him "Yeah I guess seeing the real-life dead and mutilated bodies of people just isn't enough for ya, huh?" Asshole. Anyway, we watched last night and I still love it as much as the first time I watched it!

pixiepereira Guest
    I got mine in the mail today and watched it immediately!! Awesome job, Scott!!! I made my hubby into a death hag too.

Thanks, I'm really glad you liked it!

aedgar5000 Guest
    Scott, I finally purchased and watched Six Degrees this evening. You really went above and beyond. Great stuff. You get a whole different perspective when you see the sites on video as opposed to in pictures. Really outstanding. Take care.

Gumby Guest
    Hi Scott,

My wife and i finally saw your fascinating documentary... Six Degrees. Mate - What a thorough presentation !! The endless details and your easily followed narrative. You've given us a full picture of this historically significant event. Something we only had limited knowledge of. Captivating viewing...

Well done to you and all those involved in the production. Excellent work guys !!

Cheers from Melbourne, Australia.

Gumby

Great job, Scott! I watched it on Hulu - twice. Excellent work!
    I never wanted to see anybody die, but there are a few obituary notices I have read with pleasure. ~ Clarence Darrow

Birthplace of the Rocky Horror Picture Show
    Scott, i have just sat down and finally watched my Six Degrees of Helter Skelter dvd and i swear, your voice is just like liquid gold

yeah i know, suck up much me lol, but i love watching anything and everything you produce, and one day, one day before i kick it, im gonna fly over to LA from new zealand and take your tour, probably several times but hey, its worth it lol

Keep up the good work my friend

there are several of us down here so if you ever get down here for some unknown reason (since we dont have fun things like celebrity death tours hahaha), im sure one or all of us will make room on our sofas for ya lol
    I love you and miss you dad, Antun Perdija 27-06-41 - 28-12-00
    RIP Daniel Colvin 5 June 1974 - 7 June 2011, Best Friend, lover, fiancee

RIP David Edgar, 2 Dec 1953 - 10 June 2011, Uncle
    RIP Agnes Steele Edgar, 17 May 1926 - 4 July 2011, Grandmother

Scott
    I really enjoyed the Six Degrees of Helter Skelter.

Any chance you'll ever interview Stephen Kay? His insights would be fascinating. (he also weighed in on the Black Dahlia, the Steve Hodel version so you can get two for one!)

It might be interesting to gather the different researchers in the case and separately interview them as they discuss their theory de jour.
    Delusion. Life's Best Coping Mechanism
    Check out Floyd's new Band:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHYA5iAAJg8

Thanks for the suggestion, Johnny - we addressed it a bit, but we tried to stay away from the theories and social commentary. We tried. We wanted to present a geographic retelling of the case. I'm glad you liked it!

Thanks for the suggestion, Johnny - we addressed it a bit, but we tried to stay away from the theories and social commentary. We tried. We wanted to present a geographic retelling of the case. I'm glad you liked it!
    It seemed like you -and the folks who put this together- enjoyed the project and were also extremely respectful to the victims. The geographic aspect was pulled off fairly well. Some of the proximity and overlap is amazing.
    Last edited by johnny; 03-24-2012 at 06:34 PM.
    Delusion. Life's Best Coping Mechanism
    Check out Floyd's new Band:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHYA5iAAJg8

Great job.

I found it hilarious that with all the things you've seen and researched that some creepy Blair Witch type rock stacking in the middle of Death Valley is the thing that freaked you out.

Shannon Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Great job.

I found it hilarious that with all the things you've seen and researched that some creepy Blair Witch type rock stacking in the middle of Death Valley is the thing that freaked you out.
    Tee hee
    My sister and I just watched it on netflix. We both enjoyed it very much!

Just watched it on Netflix. I have seen so many documentaries on the Tate/LaBianca murders, I wondered how you could take this in a different direction. I wasn't disappointed. It's hard to pinpoint, but your presentation was so much more intimate. It was as if I were there with you as we visited the sites. I particularly loved how you recreated the walk of the murderers on the Tate death anniversary: same location/same time. Well done!!!
    Archer Fact: You canâ??t tourniquet the taint. (Source: Ray Gillette)

Eric J Guest
    I bought mine combined with The Boneyard on the same disc.

MoonRabbit Guest
    I loved it Scott Michaels! Make more films!!!!

DonnaMc Guest
    Scott - I have watched Six Degrees many times and I enjoy it every time. You are a natural for this kind of thing and you sure know your stuff!!

jaynedoe Guest
    absolute awesomeness. i've been fascinated with the tate/labianca murders and "the family" for years. i caught six degrees of helter skelter on netflix - i've watched it 3 times already. kudos scott on a good pace in the storytelling. i felt like i was just tagging along, bullshittin' with ya throughout the whole movie. envious of the trek up cielo drive on an anniversary date - that would have creeped me out.
    i loved that you showed actual locations as they looked then and now and brought in a lot more names than just the ones that are always mentioned in every documentary or tv show. i liked that you spent time on the victims and others, not just focusing on the family members the whole time. i think you have a natural knack.... would love to see you have a series on tv - dearly departed on location haha. bet it would be great.
    anyhoo... just wanted to add a congrats & thank you like the previous posters to all of the people that made six degrees happen - very, very well done.

Excellent documentary. I have watched it many times. Highly recommended! If you think you have seen every Manson documentary, well.... you haven't. Got my friend hooked on it too!

Thanks you guys! Between Mike, Lloyd and I, we're pretty happy with the way it's been received. I'm glad you think so!

Filmmaker78 Guest
    Agreed! Many thanks for the kind words.

Had quite a moment last night when one of my friends in "real life" told me she was watching 6 Degrees. I squealed with joy and rambled on and on about the site and Scott and how proud I am to be a small part of this community! Today I'm going to watch it again for probably the 5th time.
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

Hey Jessica - thanks : ) And tell your friends "hi" for me!

Hey Jessica - thanks : ) And tell your friends "hi" for me!
    of course! <3
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

I have the DVD, bought it at Wal Mart here in Toronto, which was a surprise, I thought I would have to go State side to get it. I called my brother who said " Get me one ! " LOL. Excellent !!
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I picked it up last week at a used books/video store and thought it was great! Question tho....there was only one dvd in the case. Is there supposed to be a second dvd of extras included?
    - Chris

We should be releasing the next Dearly Departed dvd within a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by all8 View Post
    Is there supposed to be a second dvd of extras included?
    Anybody? Anybody......Bueller Bueller.....anybody?
    - Chris

No, no extra features. The original release had them, but that was a few years ago.

Thanks, Scott
    - Chris

readermama Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaela View Post
    Excellent documentary. I have watched it many times. Highly recommended! If you think you have seen every Manson documentary, well.... you haven't. Got my friend hooked on it too!
    I agree! Me and my bf are saving for a DDT and we LOVE the doc! Thanks Scott for making such a great film!

Bayou Queen Guest
    I bought this and absolutely loved it. I am waiting for some "normal" friends to come over (as opposed to us Death Hags) to put it on and scare the hell out of them. It puts you right there and talks about so many people in the film and music industry that were connected in some way to this unforgettable murder, which is why we are still talking about it today.

Poster X Guest
    No, no extra features. The original release had them, but that was a few years ago.
    Yeah, I've seen those.

We should be releasing the next Dearly Departed dvd within a few weeks
    Sorry for aimlessly bumping something quite a few months old, but did i miss a new dearly departed dvd?

Sometimes our saints are sinners
    They blur the lines and lead the way
    Their way
    Raise hell and a glass in reverence
    The fearless lives of our great saints

Not yet - we're still working on the TV show for E! - the new DVD will hopefully be out for Christmas.

Not yet - we're still working on the TV show for E! - the new DVD will hopefully be out for Christmas.
    That hour long special should be enough to hold over til the new DVD...i hope haha.
    also if there is already some sort of thread for this topic, i apologize. But is the new DVD more along the lines of DD vol 1 covering multiple subjects, or like Six degrees of Helter Skelter? Or something different entirely?

Sometimes our saints are sinners
    They blur the lines and lead the way
    Their way
    Raise hell and a glass in reverence
    The fearless lives of our great saints

Holy shit! I recently got a Roku and Netflix to binge-watch Dexter, and after 6 seasons, I decided I needed a break.

Literally, the FIRST thing I clicked on was "Six Degrees of Helter Skelter". It is FANTASTIC! I love all of the little details, (like pointing out the restaurant where the ladies got really hammered in "9 to 5", and the Melrose Place building) and there is so much info! I feel as though I just got the best tour/class/immersion ever. I know I'm !!!!gushing!!!! like a complete fangirl, but I am!

Amazing job, Scott!

I just watched this too, it was great! Then a couple of days later my friend randomly posted on her Facebook about watching it and how great it was so I told her that I "know" Scott and about this site/board.

daddydale Guest
    Sir I watched Six Degrees on Netflix today (twice) and I have to tell you what a great job you did!!! I found out so much I didn't know. It was a very scholarly work.