Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: DDII The Six Degrees of Helter Skelter

D3LIVI?N Guest
    I REALLY enjoyed the DVD; I had people over for a small screening at my house. Very in depth and entertaining, even if you think you know a lot about these crimes, I guarantee you will learn a few new things. For all real death-hags this and the first Dearly Departed DVD are an absolute must own. On a funny note, when Scott said "see my yack fur walls" talking about where Polanski was staying, I almost spewed vodka tonic all over my living room!!

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    Bravo Scott, Mike & friends! I totally enjoyed this dvd! I am having a "screening" for my friends this weekend!!! You guys covered everything! Thanks so much for all your hard work, it was worth the wait!!!

trose Guest
    Just wanted to pop in and tell y'all how much I and my non-Death Hag (for now!) hubby enjoyed this. We both learned some new things - the Barker Ranch stuff was really interesting.

Thanks!
    Tami

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I just watched mine again tonight. It is a fab piece of work Scott and Mike. Kudos!

cherryghost Guest
    Hope its okay to say that the Helter Skelter film 2004 is on in Australia tonight at 11.30 on Channel Nine! Aussie Deathhags..... I havent seen it! I will be watching it!

Filmmaker78 Guest
    Thanks for the kind words, everybody! We're glad you're all enjoying the film! We're still trying to put together a theatre screening of it in LA in the near future -- keep you posted!

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    I watched it with some of the coolest people alive with Burgers and a blender full of Pina Coladas last weekend. Definitely got me more interested in the case!!! I should probably watch it again, though...I don't usually drink and was a little buzzed. HA!

The recording of the Manson Girls singing their song...I forget the title at the moment, but it creeped me out on Scott's tour. Just gave me an uneasy feeling. It was the same creepy, uneasy feeling hearing it in the film! Same goes for Charlie singing. Yikes!

Amazing job, though, Filmmaker78 & Scott! Though I would expect nothing short of amazing from you guys!

Thanks for all your hard work on it!

Becca

Pamebabby Guest
    OMG. I can't wait for mine!!

Filmmaker78 Guest
    We just got some love from CharlieManson.com:

"If you're interested in the Manson case enough to be reading this, then you absolutely must buy a copy of this DVD. Scott gets the story right with witty commentary and tons of great footage of places you may have never seen."

They also posted our banner at the top of the site. Awesome.

pinkrose35 Guest
    Just placed my order on Amazon. I got the two disc deal. I can't wait.

tigeyboo Guest

Thumbs up Two Thumbs Up - Great DVD!

Hello Scott & Crew!! - This is my first posting to the board. I must commend you on this superb DVD ?? I watched it last week and it??s a must-see for anyone who is interested in the case. There were great little tidbits of commentary that made say ??wow? out loud..stuff I didn??t know, all these little connections that tie everything together (thus the title Six Degrees of?. J )
    I was especially fascinated with the segment about Jay??s house. For some reason I have always been interested in the house with the Paul Bern suicide/murder, Jay, and the other, I believe, 3 deaths that occurred there. I am wondering if Scott asked to see the inside and was told no?I would loved to have seen it. The house is beautiful, but there is something creepy about the feel of it. I wonder if Sharon??s story was true? it??s interesting the owners never experienced anything paranormal there. On YouTube there are home movies of Sharon standing in the doorway and talking on the phone as Jay walks by her with a girl on his arm? it was cool to see Scott there taking pictures and walking where they had walked.
    I live on the East Coast, but if I ever get out to CA, I??ll be taking your HS tour and shaking your hand for a job well done!
    Take Care, C.

PS I had no idea how far out barker ranch was?truly in the middle of nowhere ..it??s amazing that the stove and anything else is still left there and hasn??t been made off with. Can??t believe you searched for and found Tex??s truck too ?? another mystery solved!

Hey, thanks Tigey. I'm really glad you enjoyed it. It was a riot being part of the team to put it together. I'm really happy it's being received well.

Heading back up to the Easton house again at the end of the month. Terrific people, the Hales. We can't go in though.
    Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

Pamebabby Guest
    Got mine in 1 week-FANTASTIC! I loved the whole thing, and really enjoyed Scott's hosting of it. Well put together, informative, and I saw places I will never see in person. 10 out of 10, and I highly recommend the DVD. I'm not lending this sucker out under any circumstances, I'll never see it again. Lots of Hags in my family, ya know?

tigeyboo Guest
    Hi Scott - Mr. Hale seemed like a nice guy and it’s great that he sat down and talked with you about the history of house. How did you feel when you were there? You know how some places give us an uneasy feeling. I only felt this once. When I did the Jack the Ripper tour in London we were at Mitre Square where one of the murders took place. I don’t know, maybe because it was a rainy, eerie type of night, but I definitely felt different, like I wouldn’t want to be there alone…and that didn’t happen in any of other spots we visited on the tour. I don’t think the Easton Drive house is haunted but its like that great line from The Shining where Scatman Crothers says:
    ” Well, you know, Doc, when something happens, it can leave a trace of itself behind. Say like, if someone burns toast. Well, maybe things that happen leave other kinds of traces behind.”
    Hmm…creepy C.
    Last edited by tigeyboo; 02-12-2009 at 10:58 AM.

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Filmmaker78 View Post
    We just got some love from CharlieManson.com:

"If you're interested in the Manson case enough to be reading this, then you absolutely must buy a copy of this DVD. Scott gets the story right with witty commentary and tons of great footage of places you may have never seen."

They also posted our banner at the top of the site. Awesome.
    Sweet!

Filmmaker78 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tigeyboo View Post
    Hi Scott - Mr. Hale seemed like a nice guy and it??s great that he sat down and talked with you about the history of house. How did you feel when you were there? You know how some places give us an uneasy feeling. I only felt this once. When I did the Jack the Ripper tour in London we were at Mitre Square where one of the murders took place. I don??t know, maybe because it was a rainy, eerie type of night, but I definitely felt different, like I wouldn??t want to be there alone?and that didn??t happen in any of other spots we visited on the tour. I don??t think the Easton Drive house is haunted but its like that great line from The Shining where Scatman Crothers says:
    ? Well, you know, Doc, when something happens, it can leave a trace of itself behind. Say like, if someone burns toast. Well, maybe things that happen leave other kinds of traces behind.?
    Hmm?creepy C.

I can't say that I "felt" anything out there, but the house definitely has an interesting presence. It is beautifully placed - the setting with the pool and the walkway up to it is amazing. It also feels very remote, even though it's in one of the many crowded LA canyons. It helps that it's on a pretty large piece of property, especially for that area (if you look at the other houses crammed into that area, you could build a couple dozen houses that size on Jay's old property) and there are a ton of trees that block out neighbors. So it's very peaceful.

kelbons Guest
    Well I got mine for Valentine's Day and finally got to watch it last night... bravo!! I love it!

seberly Guest
    Question For Scott...

Scott loved the movie.. In the movie you showed Karen Carpenter's sink, I'm just curious as to how you authenticated it?

Lifeisafataldisease Guest
    We got our copy here this week! Couldnt wait to send the kids to bed crack open the wine and get comfy on the lounge. When I saw the parcel in the letterbox was from the States I knew what it was and couldnt wait to watch it. Anyway it was brilliant! Great work guys!

WendyK Guest
    Does Scott take PayPal for his videos?

Filmmaker78 Guest
    I don't know about Scott and PayPal, but I know that Amazon/CreateSpace only accept credit card payments.

pinkrose35 Guest
    Just finished watching it............Wonderful job.

Glad you guys enjoyed. Re: the Hales - I didn't feel much up there but peace. However, we weren't allowed in the house itself. I'm going up again on Saturday, doubtful we'll get in, but I keep hoping.

dcg76 Guest
    I got mine a couple of weeks ago (still a little new to the forums, hence the slow post ) and it was fabulous. It was really like taking Scott's tour again, along with actually seeing spahn and barker ranches.

From a fellow filmmaker, great job guys! I was really impressed. Great editing, videopgraphy, and storytelling from Scott.

Filmmaker78 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dcg76 View Post
    I got mine a couple of weeks ago (still a little new to the forums, hence the slow post ) and it was fabulous. It was really like taking Scott's tour again, along with actually seeing spahn and barker ranches.

From a fellow filmmaker, great job guys! I was really impressed. Great editing, videopgraphy, and storytelling from Scott.

Thanks dcg!

Blood on the side of the door!!

Filmaker and fellow hags - awhile back, there was a discussion regarding how a pool of blood got to side of the front door (as well as bushes being mangled) with no evidence of a body being moved there.

According to a report, it was said that the large pool of blood was Sharons. Well....I was reading Helter Skelter last night and if you read the pages where Bugliosi was taking Linda Kasabian around the Tate house, she said that the "big man" - being Frykowski stumbled out the front door and collapsed in the bushes and laid there for a bit before he got up and ran to the front yard.

Not sure if that was mentioned here before but I thought it may answer some questions that we were all talking about. Also, I could not find in the book anywhere that the pool of blood in the front was Sharons....

Thanks

As I recall there was a diagram of the house showing the blood trail in Bugliosi's book. And according to the diagram, it was indicating that the blood was Sharon's. But, of course, with Frykowski coming out the front door, it's more than reasonable to assume at least some of the blood was his.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I've got my Helter Skelter book out There is a house plan diagram and it does show in circles where blood was found but the print is very small. There is a better, bigger picture of this diagram on the Crimeshots web page. From what I can read type O blood is found on the walkway and front porch as well as types A & B or AB

Reilly83 Guest

Smile

Great Video with lots of new information. I have watched it a few times.
    would recommend to anyone.

WendyK Guest
    I might get bashed for this, but I was kinda bored.I knew all this info and seen all the pics before.I really did like some of the extra's though! Scott this is not derogitory in anyway you do an awsome job! I just must be a Manson DORK! LOL Love , Peace and Chicken Grease!

TIMB1967 Guest
    Just saw your DVD yesterday for the first time. I thought it was awesome! Some of the information I had heard before but alot of it was new to me and the pictures and locations that you filmed were something to see. Thank you Scott and Mike for putting this together for us!

Tim

LitaMalibu Guest
    I've been on the fence buying this since it came out, but I'm really not interested in the Manson Family whatsoever. However I'm a huge Scott fan and death hag and I really enjoyed DD vol 1, so do you think I would like this?

Filmmaker78 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LitaMalibu View Post
    I've been on the fence buying this since it came out, but I'm really not interested in the Manson Family whatsoever. However I'm a huge Scott fan and death hag and I really enjoyed DD vol 1, so do you think I would like this?

I'm obviously biased, but yes, I think you would really enjoy it. It's a lot like Vol. 1, except that this time around the stories are all linked by the common thread of the Manson case. I don't think you have to be a fan of the case in order to get a kick out of all of the strange connections and the locations we visited.

LitaMalibu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Filmmaker78 View Post
    I'm obviously biased, but yes, I think you would really enjoy it. It's a lot like Vol. 1, except that this time around the stories are all linked by the common thread of the Manson case. I don't think you have to be a fan of the case in order to get a kick out of all of the strange connections and the locations we visited.
    Sold. I'm buying it. I'm such a push over! Any other FAD products you want to peddle my way? Some people have crack, others have FAD.

Sold. I'm buying it. I'm such a push over! Any other FAD products you want to peddle my way? Some people have crack, others have FAD.
    Hopefully the T-shirts soon!
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

LitaMalibu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnythepooh View Post
    Hopefully the T-shirts soon!
    I always thought Scott should put out a shirt that just says "...As you do" Love love love when I read that in those write ups on FAD!

Anyways, back to the subject in hand...

RubySlippers Guest
    I always thought Scott should put out a shirt that just says "...As you do" Love love love when I read that in those write ups on FAD!

lol....yes. i love to read his stuff. sarcastic and funny. just the way we like it.

I also love that. Unfortunately, there isn't a really a good Dutch translation for it, otherwise I would use it all the time
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

Mussytubs Guest

Last Page

I love it at the stores in our area. Even if you are rightfully one of the first in line, everyone just glares at you like you shouldnt be there. I especially loved last year when I got a digital camera on sale at KMart. Got the last one, and everybody flipped. Then, the 2GB SD cards were on sale for like 12, I think. I had to make several attempts at getting over to their location because it was a popular spot for the elderly to hang out for some reason.

Somersett Leigh Guest
    I have it and I love it. I have watched it about 6 times already. I wish I wasn't on the east coast, so I could take the tour. I think anybody interested in pop culture would love this.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    It's available on OnDemand with Comcast here and I just watched it and IT WAS AWESOME!

The connections are crazy, a "you can't make this shit up" sort of thing.

Elizabeth Guest
    Bought it at Best Buy today, and loved it!!!! Thanks everyone involved--very interesting and thorough!!!!

Filmmaker78 Guest
    Thanks for the props, everyone!

If you have a moment, please write-up a quick review on Amazon or Netflix -- we really appreciate them. Glad you enjoyed the film.

OK.....I just rented it from my local Blockbuster....
    I think there was an audiable "Holy shit, it's here!!" come from my lips...

Kudos to you guys for making such an awesome picture. I was enthralled from beginning to end. And I loved the music....wonderful job guys, wonderful.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

wow, Blockbuster has it? Cool!

sunshine74137 Guest
    Wonder if it's on Netflix, Not that I wont buy it, Scott

Filmmaker78 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine74137 View Post
    Wonder if it's on Netflix, Not that I wont buy it, Scott
    Yes, it's on Netflix.

I've been sent loads of images of our dvd sent by friends and family - I still haven't seen one out in the wild. Still haven't seen a DEATH HAG sticker and I'm looking!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    wow, Blockbuster has it? Cool!
    yeah, even I was impressed that it was in my little conservative, white bread town in Micigan...
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    I've been sent loads of images of our dvd sent by friends and family - I still haven't seen one out in the wild. Still haven't seen a DEATH HAG sticker and I'm looking!
    Well if you are ever in the Lakewood, CA area Scott, the Ralph's Grocery store here has it for $5.00. For some reason they have their "for sale dvds" on a stand in the middle of the frozen foods aisle. That is where I bought mine. And as of this last Wednesday, March 10, 2010, they still have a few copies. Most Ralph's stores have a similar schematic that they follow, maybe you should take a look at one near you and see if they have it?