Thread: Russian Ambassador to Turkey assassinated

Russian Ambassador to Turkey assassinated

He was speaking at an art exhibit and was shot numerous times. Here's the video. Warning Graphic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHWCNGCeELM

Last edited by cash; 01-03-2017 at 05:59 PM.

Oh those wacky peaceniks! I hope he wore earplugs. Shooting in an enclosed place can damage your hearing.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Guess Turkey's up the creek.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Three other bystanders were injured.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...nded-in-ankara
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

No blood?
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

6. 12-19-2016, 03:40 PM

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    No blood?
    I was thinking the same thing

If I remember right, World War 1 started this way. Archduke of Austria was assassinated by a Yugoslav nationalist. I am stretching the situation a bit, but my point is that Russia need very little in a way of an excuse to blow up Turkey. They have had a problem with Turkey ever since Turkey signed up to be a part of NATO in the early 1950's. Russia viewed this as having nuclear weapons in their backyard. Kind of how we viewed Cuba in the 1960's. If Russia is looking for a reason to increase their presence in the war on terror, maybe this is the excuse they need.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    I was thinking the same thing

I was too. If you are wearing a bullet proof vest and are hit my anti armor bullets would the vest hold in most of the blood?

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    If I remember right, World War 1 started this way. Archduke of Austria was assassinated by a Yugoslav nationalist. I am stretching the situation a bit, but my point is that Russia need very little in a way of an excuse to blow up Turkey. They have had a problem with Turkey ever since Turkey signed up to be a part of NATO in the early 1950's. Russia viewed this as having nuclear weapons in their backyard. Kind of how we viewed Cuba in the 1960's. If Russia is looking for a reason to increase their presence in the war on terror, maybe this is the excuse they need.
    You are right and it was what I thought about after I looked for the blood that wasn't there.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

There is video from the Daily Mail of the Ambassador being brought into the hospital, crap resolution, but he seems remarkably intact for being shot in the back multiple times.

Scroll down about a 3rd of the screen.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-Ankara.html

And the ambulance had to back down a narrow alley, and readjust, to get him into the hospital??!!??
    Last edited by TheWrath of MadelineKahn; 12-19-2016 at 07:20 PM.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I was too. If you are wearing a bullet proof vest and are hit my anti armor bullets would the vest hold in most of the blood?
    I wouldn't think so, but I'm not knowledgeable of such things. Seems like that blood would be going somewhere.

That gunman was a sharp dresser - I like his tie.
    Nice gun too.

I wouldn't think so, but I'm not knowledgeable of such things. Seems like that blood would be going somewhere.

That gunman was a sharp dresser - I like his tie.
    Nice gun too.
    Yeah, he was slick all right. A chicken poop back-shooting coward in a sharp suit and tie.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

The shooter could have been ready for some type of body armor and as a LEO, had access to "cop killer" bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    The shooter could have been ready for some type of body armor and as a LEO, had access to "cop killer" bullets.
    That's what I was talking about up thread I just didn't know the wordage.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Why isn't there blood.?

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Why isn't there blood.?
    Yeah, everyone keeps noticing that. Upthread there is a video posted by Daily Mail of the Ambassador shirtless in an ambulance, no blood there either.

The conspiracy theories are flying, it was Russia, it was NATO, it was the CIA, it was the Mossad.

Every article I've read about this keeps talking about how well dressed the assassin was. WTH? Is it that unusual for a guy in Turkey to wear a suit that fits well?
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Yeah, everyone keeps noticing that. Upthread there is a video posted by Daily Mail of the Ambassador shirtless in an ambulance, no blood there either.

The conspiracy theories are flying, it was Russia, it was NATO, it was the CIA, it was the Mossad.

Every article I've read about this keeps talking about how well dressed the assassin was. WTH? Is it that unusual for a guy in Turkey to wear a suit that fits well?
    They think all Muslims wear headdresses and robes.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Well that went a lot quicker than I thought it would. Just bang! Drop! ...don't know what I was expecting really.
    Oh and I'll add a "where's the blood?", too. Three shots and no blood visible?

Hmm, it is now being said this whole event was "staged". I assume because of the lack of blood.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Hmm, it is now being said this whole event was "staged". I assume because of the lack of blood.
    I read that too. And to be absolutely honest it was my first thought, but that's the writer in me. Whatever, the mainstream papers are hailing the phototog as a kind of hero for risking his life.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

another video here - you can see the guy prowling behind the ambassador - the shooting begins at 1:43

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-protect.html

you can see the shell casings here - I count seven:

I know what you mean, it crossed my mind also. There is something not quite right about it, to me it looks acted and they had their cues, like you would in a play. I'm now reading Putin is involved and he arranged it all.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I think I counted 8 shots.

Damn - as sharply dressed as that shooter was I wouldn't be surprised if all the other Muslims quit wearing headdresses and robes and started wearing black suits with skinny ties just like that guy.

We'd have some very natty looking Jihadists; and I've always said that it pays to look your best when you go to blow yourself up and meet your virgins.

Something about this whole thing just looks and feels "off".

The assassin's name was Mevlut Mert Atlintas - it didn't end well for him - at least he died looking stylish. Live by the sword................

There is blood

Last edited by cash; 12-20-2016 at 07:02 PM.

The assassin's name was Mevlut Mert Atlintas - it didn't end well for him - at least he died looking stylish. Live by the sword................

There is blood

And with blood.

I know of two cases where men were shot to death and didn't bleed so you'd notice.

#1 A woman from my hometown shot a man in the shoulder with a rifle and the blood poured inside his body instead of on the floor.

#2 Brandon Lee had a mere scratch of blood where the .44 mag bullet entered his abs.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    And with blood.

I know of two cases where men were shot to death and didn't bleed so you'd notice.

#1 A woman from my hometown shot a man in the shoulder with a rifle and the blood poured inside his body instead of on the floor.

#2 Brandon Lee had a mere scratch of blood where the .44 mag bullet entered his abs.
    I have read that sometimes the slugs can be so hot that they basically cauterize the wound and minimize the external bleeding.

I have read that sometimes the slugs can be so hot that they basically cauterize the wound and minimize the external bleeding.
    Wow. I didn't know that.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Wow. This does look like a movie.

There is blood

So the gunman was actually killed? I haven't seen anything confirming this, other than "he was neutralized"...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    That photo of the other people in the gallery all crouched in the corner, it says so much.
    The woman crying, the dread in their eyes. The look of some of them make me feel like this sort of thing is becoming so normal! Which it really frightening.

i think when selena got shot, there really wasnt any blood, so the ppl around her were freaked but it didnt look that bad.
    but this,
    it makes you go...hmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    i think when selena got shot, there really wasnt any blood, so the ppl around her were freaked but it didnt look that bad.
    but this,
    it makes you go...hmmmmm.
    I forgot about her.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

You can tell by how bulky his clothing is, he has bullet proof clothing on. This is usually sheets of weaved Kevlar. it also fits tight. Armor piercing bullets are sharp and made to penetrate. Even if the victim had ceramic or metal plates the shooter would know where the gaps are. It looks like the shooter did not plan on surviving, so no armor and plenty of blood. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    You can tell by how bulky his clothing is, he has bullet proof clothing on. This is usually sheets of weaved Kevlar. it also fits tight. Armor piercing bullets are sharp and made to penetrate. Even if the victim had ceramic or metal plates the shooter would know where the gaps are. It looks like the shooter did not plan on surviving, so no armor and plenty of blood. JMO.
    Exactly.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Dropped like a stone.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny