Thread: The Wallace Murders 1910

The Wallace Murders 1910

I know the Wallace family of my generation. I shopped at N.W. Buice Wallace's boutique in Btown and went to school with his daughter.

In the wake of the slaughter, several rumors permeated Lawrenceville pertaining to Wallace's motivation. Some suggested he'd been haunted by a nightmare born of regret, after he killed a midnight visitor to his home years prior. Others offered that Wallace's rarely discussed and volcanic temper had manifested itself in the form of horrific violence.
    http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/new...7f75c1142.html

The article mentions the three policemen I posted about here http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...of-3-Policemen
    Last edited by cindyt; 11-01-2016 at 05:34 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Interesting! I have friends who live in Gwinett Co. currently and sent this to them. I've never had the opportunity to visit any of the numerous cemeteries in that area, but plan to one day.

Quote Originally Posted by seurtoFW View Post
    Interesting! I have friends who live in Gwinett Co. currently and sent this to them. I've never had the opportunity to visit any of the numerous cemeteries in that area, but plan to one day.
    Glad you liked it. They say the one on Little Mill Road in Buford is the most haunted cemetery in Gwinnett.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

That was a great read....thanks Cindy
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    That was a great read....thanks Cindy
    You're welcome.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Possibly Mr. Wallace suddenly decided he had cause to be jealous of (the presumably much younger) Mrs. Wallace, and may even have chosen to believe their sons were not, in fact, his?

That there was no doubt as to the killer, in addition to his suicide, was probably one reason the story didn't linger as a legend. No real mystery to keep true crime fans busy for 100 years (and it's rather too late for DNA tests for the poor boys.) Consideration for the surviving children was likely another good reason.

The article could have used some editing. Lula Wallace was dead "15 years" in 1910, but had given birth to a (short-lived) baby in 1900? If the little girl was born in 1900, she had to be the infant of the second wife, shouldn't she? Or were the older sons of Minnie from a prior marriage?

And-- DACULA?
    Last edited by Linnie; 11-01-2016 at 06:19 PM.

Yeppers, it's a real place! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dacula,_Georgia

That's a great story - thanks for sharing it.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Yeah, it's pretty tame compared to the Lists. I posted it because I know members of the family. Back then and even in my day scandalous news in small Southern towns was not kept alive if at all possible, especially when it concerned prominent people like the Wallace family. That and media was in no way what it is today. It's hard nowadays to find articles that do not need editing in so much as there's a thread with samples of it on a writing forum I belong to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    Possibly Mr. Wallace suddenly decided he had cause to be jealous of (the presumably much younger) Mrs. Wallace, and may even have chosen to believe their sons were not, in fact, his?

That there was no doubt as to the killer, in addition to his suicide, was probably one reason the story didn't linger as a legend. No real mystery to keep true crime fans busy for 100 years (and it's rather too late for DNA tests for the poor boys.) Consideration for the surviving children was likely another good reason.

The article could have used some editing. Lula Wallace was dead "15 years" in 1910, but had given birth to a (short-lived) baby in 1900? If the little girl was born in 1900, she had to be the infant of the second wife, shouldn't she? Or were the older sons of Minnie from a prior marriage?

And-- DACULA?
    Thank you, Jim.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    That's a great story - thanks for sharing it.
    Dacula is a neighboring city to mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by seurtoFW View Post
    Last edited by cindyt; 11-01-2016 at 07:37 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

There's probably something confusing about the dates on the tombstones regarding the first wife and the infant girl. Now I wish I could see them in person.

I wonder if, for no other reason than the majority of the children from the first wife were girls, and all the children from the second were boys, that could have sparked some weirdness in an already suspicious type of man. They didn't know about X and Y chromosomes in 1910 and the father being the determinant, nor about the circumstances that would favor male conceptions and survival.

That, and perhaps a careless remark or gossip at that Odd Fellows meeting, sent him on a tear. (I wonder if the IOOF provided those tombstones.)

Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    There's probably something confusing about the dates on the tombstones regarding the first wife and the infant girl. Now I wish I could see them in person.

I wonder if, for no other reason than the majority of the children from the first wife were girls, and all the children from the second were boys, that could have sparked some weirdness in an already suspicious type of man. They didn't know about X and Y chromosomes in 1910 and the father being the determinant, nor about the circumstances that would favor male conceptions and survival.

That, and perhaps a careless remark or gossip at that Odd Fellows meeting, sent him on a tear. (I wonder if the IOOF provided those tombstones.)
    I doubt all people knew, though. It was a time when lots of people couldn't even read. I suspect science was beyond most. Sissy's first husband had two girls with her and two boys with his second wife. But I see what you mean about that. Who knows what was in that creep's mind.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD