Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eazy E

Quote Originally Posted by michihunt View Post
    I wonder how many people he infected before he died?
    Yeah, since it's obvious he didn't practice safe sex or birth control...

Smackman Guest
    That's the scary thought right there...

LaynesGirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Population control is handled by nature. Granted; humankind has developed medicines\treatments, etc., that interfere with with natural selection; but they do not completely derail it.

The Malthusian Theory, which I accept as being pretty accurate, states that the population will continue to grow until it outstrips nature's ability to maintain continued growth; as well as the current population...which will then be decimated by plague, famine or war; and brought back to "manageable" levels.

If scientists indeed "created" AIDS; they went about it very inefficiently; as not everyone exposed becomes infected; not everyone infected developes the terminal aspect of the disease; some cases respond well to the known treatments; and in many cases; it can take years for the victims to perish.

I should think that if it were "man made"; especially if engineered for any sort of biological warfare or population control; that a quick and certain death would be more assured; as that would be the goal of such an undertaking...pardon the pun. What good does it do to engineer a disease for warfare or population control; wherein the intended victims might linger for years?

Cancer has been with us since our dawn; it just was not always called that. Consumption; I think was an earlier name.

AIDS is more recent to us humans; but I think it has been around in the animal kingdom for a long, long time; and was more recently introduced to us humans through the consumption of tainted meat; and spread by the global nature of our recent travels and relationships.

I am a printer; some years ago I produced a brochure for a local fundamentalist minister; who had a theory that AIDS was solely the result of "un-natural" (his sp!) sex, primarily anal sex. That some organs and tissues in the body are "programmed" to accept semen; others not; and that is what causes AIDS. I thought; so anybody who ever gave a blow job should get AIDS; right?

Sorry to ramble on; I think that cancer and AIDS; are a function of nature; and yes by God; there should be cures.

Just IMO.
    If you read what I wrote you will see that I didn't say that I subscribed to these theories.

Quote Originally Posted by LaynesGirl View Post
    If you read what I wrote you will see that I didn't say that I subscribed to these theories.
    I did see that, and never meant to imply that you did.

Your post was well reasoned and well said.

I too, have read many of those same things; but I do not accept them as being factual. Just IMO.

Scary thing is that none of us know what is truly being done by the "Dark Side" of Governments; and there could be some truth to those conspiracy theories...I've heard of more far-fetched conspiracies that I can more easily accept.

One thing is certain; humans have demonstrated that they have a nearly endless capacity for depravity; and an equal measure for empathy...it just depends upon what humans and at what times we measure those capacities.

I think this world would be in perfect balance if not for us; but I'm not going to go kill myself for the sake of planetary balance; I'll just be the most empathetic human that I can be; when other humans don't require me to be something less.

I have to think that if modern science\medicine wanted to control the population through disease or death, they could find a much more effective way of doing that.

Sad state, this; and people are dying.

Cures, please!
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

5. 09-23-2008, 05:32 PM

NWA was an important bunch. While I'm not a fan, my sister listened to him some. Everything Christmas I play the 'Merry Motherfuckin' Christmas' song he did, lol. I was surprised when he died, since it was so soon after he went into the hospital.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

"Don't Quote Me Boy Cuz I Ain't Said Shit".....
    "I throw it in tha gutta and go find anutta".....
    Sorry - couldn't resist...
    Worrrdddddd.
    My Posse's On Broadway

RetroFanatic Guest
    Some years before his (Eazy) death, he told Howard Stern that he wasn't a condom user, and he thought all he had to do was take a pill if he ever did get AIDS. I remember saying, "He's an idiot." He was hard-headed. His former manager, Jerry Heller, mentioned that he had many girlfriends at the time of his death, and a few of them visited him in the hospital. I wonder of any of them had been infected.

RetroFanatic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Yeah, since it's obvious he didn't practice safe sex or birth control...

Yeah, I think it's quite careless and reckless (as well as nasty). About 9 of his children are known, but according to the way he used to spread himself around, I wouldn't be surprised if he has many more. The word circulated that he had about 3 women (including his live-in girlfriend Tomica) pregnant by him at the time of his death, and a mutual friend mentioned to me that he expressed disinterest in getting married.

gemini33 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetie103 View Post
    My first cd was NWA's Straight Out of Compton. My mom was not thrilled.
    That was my first "cassette" by them. I was a teen and my mom had to buy it. She wasn't thrilled at all about buying it and gave me hell.

straighta Guest
    Ummm, not trying to step on any toes here, but I always find it kind of strange when people start their post with "I wasn't a fan. . ." or "I hate (insert genre) music, but. . ."

This thread isn't about the music, it's about the man and his death. Now, with that said, I was a teenager when Eazy E died of AIDS. Really, I believe it was a wake up call to people of my generation. Most of us were at the age where we really started exploring our sexuality. For a period after he died, artist rejected the whole "free love" mantra and would actually include lyrics regarding STDs and the importance of protecting oneself. If one good thing came out of Eazy's death, it was that young people became more aware of HIV/AIDS.

gemini33 Guest
    The funny thing is that back in the 90's, NWA songs would be called obscene etc.... their lyrics would be mild in today's standards. I guess I'm just getting older.

hotmama Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LaynesGirl View Post
    Sure that is one way of looking at it but... Another view that I have heard is that there is a cure and the reason for prolonging these illness is to maintain a form of population control. Many people (not myself) have said that they believe that AIDS is a man made / manufactured illness, designed originally for biochemical warfare, however it migrated (for lack of a better word) into the rest of the world.

It is said that not only is there a cure for AIDS but also for cancer, or several types of cancers... (keep in mind this is not my view just something I have heard over the years) My sister was just diagnosed with cancer so this topic is rather sensitive at the moment for me.

Some people believe this is also the very same reason that stem cell research is not being funded for research they way IT SHOULD BE! That it is sick way to control the populations, by letting them die. This is BEYOND disgusting (even if only in theory) however I do not know if this is true, but unfortunately these theories aren't that far fetched and that scares the f'ing hell out of me. I guess we can only pray it's not true.
    i believe there is cure for aids and cancer. see there is no money in the cure. the money is in the illness. i myself lost mom and other family members to cancer. i now believe cancer is contagious meaning airborne. there are entirely too many people dying from cancer to be just from cancer causing agents or heredity. there is a cure for aids but it not a magic pill. being as that the disease invades the whole body, the whole body has to be treated. there is something i found online about this and it was very interesting. aids was a serum which was taken from the african's monkey's brain to cure the cold. your cold was gone but later you began to lose weight and get sick. aids was called "the slim disease." not 'grids' at first. that was only after it showed up in gay men in the united states. all this info i received online to bad i can not remember where. as for easy e sorry i think he got it from a dude. it is easier to get the disease from male on male contact than it is from female to male contact.a female can pass oh yes she can but it is hard. or easy may have been doing other things that no one knew about. i love nwa so don't get me wrong. i love rap period and i will be 40 in 2 months.

hotmama Guest
    also one more thing, i guess it is better to let people die from horrible diseases then to just sterilize some these motherfuckers in the united states. old ass men and women still popping out babies. people with a house full of kids on purpose and the government has to help take of them. people taking fertility drugs more than once and having tons of kids. the govermnent helps them also. if this thing about controling the population with death and dying is true, what a fucked up place we live in. no one in the united states of america never has to have another baby ever again for at least the next century or more. the world will not die believe me. sorry had to say it.

15. 10-17-2008, 08:32 AM

16. 12-01-2008, 08:19 AM

Bottom line - if people would just have respect for themselves and their bodies and use protection, we could eliminate alot of senseless deaths. Yes I KNOW condoms are not "fail proof", but that is an excuse. Wrap it up! Think before you just jump in the bed with someone - Is a one night stand worth your life? Not mine! It doesn't matter where it came from Goats, Monkey's , Government, it's here. So take some personal responsibility already people! We all know the best way to protect yourself. It's called self respect.
    My Posse's On Broadway

I caught part a documentary last night that was saying the AIDS virus was indeed "invented" by scientists. It was made in the 1950's. It was developed in the process of formulating the innoculations for Polio. In 2 years, this group of scientists had effectively killed over 400 Chimps. One of the failed experiments was the AIDS virus. I didn't catch the whole show, but what I saw made me think....hmmmm. Of course, no one will admit that it actually happened. One renowned scientist stepped up and was willing to come clean, but died in 2000.

Posepatrol Guest
    I used to run a Guitar/Keyboard Shop in LA. Easy-E came in about 3 weeks before he was hospitalized.

He bought about $10,000 worth of vintage synths. He was gracious. He drove a Rolls Royce, and when I helped him carry the gear to his car, there was a parking ticket and he through it in the street. Then tipped me $100.00 ( I already made $1500 comm. on the sale)...He was dead a month later....Didn't look in poor health at ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by Posepatrol View Post
    I used to run a Guitar/Keyboard Shop in LA. Easy-E came in about 3 weeks before he was hospitalized.

He bought about $10,000 worth of vintage synths. He was gracious. He drove a Rolls Royce, and when I helped him carry the gear to his car, there was a parking ticket and he through it in the street. Then tipped me $100.00 ( I already made $1500 comm. on the sale)...He was dead a month later....Didn't look in poor health at ALL!
    Wow, that is a great piece of info. Thank you so much for sharing. It's so sad especially when you say he didn't like sick at all. Just never know.
    My Posse's On Broadway

Historia Guest
    I watched a VH1 rock doc episode on NWA. He (and all of them) were true innovators. Like them or not, you have to realize this today. And in my opinion there music still stands up and sounds better than most of the rap crap on the radio today.

Quote Originally Posted by Historia View Post
    I watched a VH1 rock doc episode on NWA. He (and all of them) were true innovators. Like them or not, you have to realize this today. And in my opinion there music still stands up and sounds better than most of the rap crap on the radio today.
    I still listen to them regularly.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

I remember when Eazy died because it happened so damn quick. First there was the announcement he had AIDS which was pretty shocking, and then he was dead. It's hard to believe he died fifteen years ago. Man, I feel old!
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

15 years already? Damn!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    15 years already? Damn!
    I know. I remember something he said in the People article that came out after his death. I can't remember the exact words, but it was something like "I don't care what color you are as long as your money is green." I don't know why but that just struck me.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Lil Eazy E (son Eric)

Daughter Erin

They both really favor their father.

- R.H. Sin

makaveli Guest
    Love Eazy and NWA. Never thought they got the credit they deserved as true pioneers, it always went to the WAY overrated Public Enemy. Somebody mentioned earlier they thought Ice Cube wasn't all that. Maybe not as a rapper but he wrote most of the lyrics on all the early stuff and it went downhill a little when he left.

BTW, if anyone is interested, one of the best early NWA tracks is Grand Finale on the DOC's (another sad story!) No One Can Do It Better. A great song that has Eazy,Dre,Cube, Ren and my personal fave the DOC flat tearing it up. Great song on a truly great album.

RIP Eazy (The Mother F*cking Devils Son In Law)....you were gone way too soon.

I totally agree - I'll take some old skool hip hop/rap anyday over the candyass Little Wayne and Kanye shiznit we have today - Ughhh can't stand either of them!!!
    My Posse's On Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    Lil Eazy E (son Eric)

Daughter Erin

They both really favor their father.

Yeah they do -especially the girl.
    Did he have just the two or didn't he have quite a few? For some reason I was thinkin that "Baby Mamas" were coming out of the woodwork when he passed....
    My Posse's On Broadway

He had 6 or 9, depending on the source. Those are the only two I was able to find pictures of.

- R.H. Sin

And to think that Ice Cube has gone from No Vaseline to Are we there yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedkitten View Post
    And to think that Ice Cube has gone from No Vaseline to Are we there yet!

LOL! I know I LOVE Ice Cube, but I think the same thing. He is actually a pretty good actor. My husband and I always make fun of him teaching that kid how to make "The Mean Face" - we call it "The Cube Face"... This will only be funny if you have seen any of the movies.

Now of course we always have Friday - which is a timeless classic "Can I borrow yo' VCR".....
    My Posse's On Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    LOL! I know I LOVE Ice Cube, but I think the same thing. He is actually a pretty good actor. My husband and I always make fun of him teaching that kid how to make "The Mean Face" - we call it "The Cube Face"... This will only be funny if you have seen any of the movies.

Now of course we always have Friday - which is a timeless classic "Can I borrow yo' VCR".....
    I absolutely loved him in Friday and also in Barbershop and Three Kings.

In college, there was a guy who had a crush on me that looked just like Ice Cube. Not that y'all care, but I so wish I had a picture of that guy (or even remembered his name). The resemblance is uncanny.

lugnut Guest
    Bumping an ancient thread for my first post. (Long-time reader, first-time caller, friend of Nessa.)

Anyway, I've always found Eazy's death interesting for a few reasons. For one, what does it say about hip-hop? It's a genre that's always celebrated its fallen heroes, but that didn't really happen for Eazy. His death went fairly under-reported and he's not been exalted by other rappers in the years since in the way that guys like Pac and Biggie have been. Pretty much the only people who've mentioned him at all were his N.W.A. cronies and Bone Thugs, the group he discovered. You can't help but wonder if things would be different had he gone down in a hail of bullets instead of from AIDS.

Secondly, there's the whole silly conspiracy angle that I don't think had been touched on yet in this thread. I forget the exact details, but a few Bone members have publicly claimed they believe it was a case of foul play, possibly perpetrated by Death Row Records' Suge Knight or NWA manager and Ruthless Records co-owner Jerry Heller (who had been recently fired by Eazy). Supposedly Eazy was in fine health and good spirits all up until a week or two before his death before checking into the hospital for flu-type symptoms - the hospital that he never left alive. The illness and death happened very suddenly with no indication at all that anything was wrong beforehand, and neither his wife or any of his children ever became HIV-positive.

The only theory I've ever heard as to how he might have wound up with the virus (assuming, of course, that it wasn't through his own actions) involves a trip Eazy had supposedly made to a doctor recommended to him by Jerry Heller a few months earlier. Supposedly this doctor, under Heller's instructions (knowing that he would soon be fired), could have intentionally injected Eazy with infected blood, leaving Heller and Eazy's wife as the sole heirs to the Ruthless Records "empire" (which basically consisted of no hitmakers at all save for Eazy and Bone).

Of course, I think that's ludicrous, and MC Ren of NWA has stated in interviews how Eazy had always loved to brag about all the unprotected sex he had with just about anyone who was willing and that he steadfastly refused to use condoms. ...But it's still pretty damn strange how it happened so fast and without warning, and stranger still how his death and legacy went so largely unacknowledged by the hip-hop community.

Welcome, Lugnut! I'll refrain from using your nickname lest it take hold on here! Haha!

- R.H. Sin

I never understood why Eazy isnt more celebrated than he is. He was the real deal. He recorded his first demo's for Boys n da Hood using crack sales money as capitol. Tupac is practically a saint of Gangsta rap and he was a fake, ballet dancing, spoiled rich kid.

babyblujems Guest
    Not only was Erin on My Sweet 16 but afterwards her mom had her go on Exiled which had her live with a family in Mongolia, she seemed a little better afterwards.

Bassetlover09 Guest
    ^^I agree Jefe. One of the first "censored" cassette tapes i bought was NWA's Straight Outta Compton. I remember sneaking around listening to it so the parents wouldnt find out. Eazy had talent for sure. Remember when he and Dre had the feuding videos making fun of the other?

The reason why Easy E's death and legacy is/was so under reported and not really celebrated, well it really is due to his death from AIDS.

I think it was the TV channel "Current" who had done a special about homophobic media and one of the areas they touched upon was hip hop, top 40 and rap music. Even though Lady Gaga may be gay friendly so many others seem not to be. If they were why is it that when I hear their stuff on the radio often I hear the lyric "..NO HOMO !! NO HOMO !!" ??????

Hell there are still folks out there who look up to Eminem they same way some had done with Anita Bryant..someone who "speaks the truth about those filthy fags". FWIW yes I have heard that Eminem is actually gay friendly and good friends with Elton John and how Bryant now regrets her past but I am sure there a tons of other websites who beg to differ. Kinda like me going online to find out what I should and should NOT feed my 12 pet rats. Way too much info out there its to the point of simply being just to hard whom just to believe. Thats the net for ya !!

Anyway at the time of Easy E's death AIDS was still considered a gay disease and so many had the attitude "..you get the name...fucker you now must play the game.." Maybe Easy E wasn't gay but with the attitudes of the time..he just as well be.

Hardly a surprise at how Easy is now sadly forgotten.
    Last edited by choff; 09-20-2011 at 08:39 AM.

So, was Easy E gay? I never thought that. Yes, he had AIDS. But, there are many ways to contract the disease.

I dont think his death was under reported. It wasnt sensationalized in the same manner as 2Dead or Notorious D.E.A.D. but that was right before news oversaturation and glorification of undeserving figures. I dont think the AIDS had anything to do with his level of posthumous canonization compared with more recently deceased hiphop stars.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

MorbidChrissy Guest
    So he was in the advanced stages of AIDS and had a girlfriend at the time, and who knows whoever else he had on the side. He even had a 1-year old child with his gf. What's interesting is that his gf never got infected with HIV. He said he hated condoms and I'm sure they had plenty of unprotected sex. She's VERY lucky and so are his children.

Quote Originally Posted by KCBee View Post
    So, was Easy E gay? I never thought that. Yes, he had AIDS. But, there are many ways to contract the disease.
    Nope - not Gay - just did not wrap the rascal... I agree with the previous poster who said his children are very lucky they do not have AIDS. He didn't find out till the very end that he was infected, so who knows how many women he actually infected.
    My Posse's On Broadway

I find it all the more scary about the randomness of who can contract HIV and who does not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    I find it all the more scary about the randomness of who can contract HIV and who does not.
    Amen to THAT!!! And the one's who can live for YEARS with it (Magic Johnson) and the ones who don't last 5...
    Sad Sad Sad...
    My Posse's On Broadway

MorbidChrissy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Seriously. So many people get infected the first time they sleep with someone. His gf was with him for all that time and she never contracted it. That's crazy...

Deathgoddess Guest
    After reading through this thread and reading a little about Eazy I just wanted to point out that someone who was so hyper-sexual could have been bi-sexual. He would certainly never have come out and said that, especially at that time period when being gay was even less acceptable than it is now. I have no idea, obviously, but it could be in the realm of possibility. Actually there is so much that could be possible with this strange story. He was a pioneer though, it does seem strange how forgotten he appears to have become, especially by the genre he helped put on the map.

Documentary about Eric Wright (Eazy-E):

Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Another sad rapper story
    Another sad story in general of a young man who could have continued on to greater heights.