Thread: Gene Wilder RIP

Gene Wilder RIP

Introvert Guest
    Very, very sad... obviously...

Though I have to say the first thing that I thought of when I saw this was "reunited with Gilda".

Aww....I always liked him. Rest in peace.

Hez Guest
    Awww RIP xxx

RIP

R.I.P.

PurrPurr Guest
    RIP Gene. Such a funny guy.

May he R.I.P. I still roll on the floor when I see "Young Frankenstein."
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

AussieBec Guest
    Very sad news to wake up too,What a funny guy...RIP Gene

"Not a speck of light is showing so the danger must be growing... Are the fires of Hell a-glowing? Is the grisly Reaper mowing? Yes! The danger must be growing, 'cause the rowers keep on rowing/" - Willie Wonka

I love that movie.

R.I.P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

The original Candyman
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

FULL STATEMENT FROM GENE WILDER'S FAMILY ON HIS DEATH

It is with indescribable sadness and blues, but with spiritual gratitude for the life lived that I announce the passing of husband, parent and universal artist Gene Wilder, at his home in Stamford, Connecticut. It is almost unbearable for us to contemplate our life without him.
    The cause was complications from Alzheimer's Disease with which he co-existed for the last three years. The choice to keep this private was his choice, in talking with us and making a decision as a family. We understand for all the emotional and physical challenges this situation presented we have been among the lucky ones - the illness-pirate, unlike in so many cases, never stole his ability to recognize those that were closest to him, nor took command of his central-gentle-life affirming core personality. It took enough but not that.
    It is almost unbearable for us to contemplate our life without him.
    Jordan Walker-Pearlman, Gene Wilder's nephew

The decision to wait until this time to disclose his condition wasn't vanity, but more so that the countless young children would smile or call out to him 'there's Willy Wonka,' would not have to be then exposed to an adult referencing illness or trouble and causing delight to travel to worry, disappointment or confusion. He simply couldn't bear the idea of one less smile in the world.
    He continued to enjoy art, music, and kissing his leading lady of the last twenty-five years, Karen. He danced down a church aisle at a wedding as parent of the groom and ring bearer, held countless afternoon movie western marathons and delighted in the company of beloved ones. He is survived by Karen[wife], Jordan [nephew] and the Webbs (Kevin, Gretchen, Tucker, Spencer)[wife's family], along with Jordan's wife Elizabeth. Gene's sister Corinne, predeceased him in January of this year.
    He was eighty three and passed holding our hands with the same tenderness and love he exhibited as long as I can remember. As our hands clutched and he performed one last breath, the music speaker, which was set to random, began to blare out one of his favorites: Ella Fitzgerald. There is a picture of he and Ella meeting at a London Bistro some years ago that are among each oUr cherished possessions. She was singing 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow,' as he was taken away'
    'We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.'
    Sincerely,
    'Gene's Kid'
    Jordan Walker-Pearlman

RIP
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

A very, very funny and talented man. RIP Gene Wilder.

Sad news, such a talented actor. RIP Gene.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

RIP Gene....you deserve this and so much more.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

RIP, and thanks, Gene.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

This is really a bad year where I feel like those from my childhood are just going and going.

I first thought of Gilda too. I'm a little disappointed she isn't mentioned in the family's statement, though I realize he was married to another woman for 25 years. But I can't help but think he would have still been with Gilda if she hadn't been taken too early from the world. Well, they are together again. And he'll be reunited with his current wife eventually too. Souls are souls, there is no jealousy, etc... There are many that are important to us in life.

What a guy! RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    This is really a bad year where I feel like those from my childhood are just going and going.

I first thought of Gilda too. I'm a little disappointed she isn't mentioned in the family's statement, though I realize he was married to another woman for 25 years. But I can't help but think he would have still been with Gilda if she hadn't been taken too early from the world. Well, they are together again. And he'll be reunited with his current wife eventually too. Souls are souls, there is no jealousy, etc... There are many that are important to us in life.
    I can recall going to see "Young Frankenstein" when it first came out. It doesn't seem that long ago. I'll probably be gone before than amount of time passes again.

Sad news .He came across as a gentle man .RIP .

RIP............................................

RIP to a great actor.

navallint Guest
    RIP. Hope Gilda met him.

May he RIP. I'm sure he's with Gilda.

That was a really nice statement from his family. It was nice to hear that he was listening to his favorite music.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

You were amazing Gene! Thank you!
    Hurry back...hurry back...don't forget to bring your....death certificate!! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I only liked Woman in Rred & Young Frankenstein

Last edited by Tiffany; 08-31-2016 at 08:30 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am crying as I type this as if I could have picked a dad, other than Mr. Tyrrell, I would have wanted it to be Gene, he had such a gentle soul. He is with Robin and Gilda, Madeline and Bea, making them laugh. Rest well, Willy. Damn Alzheimer.

I wonder if they're gonna bury him in Mikwaukee?
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

My first thought was "now he's reunited with the love of his life". What a talent. He will surely be missed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]