Thread: Eric Clapton struggles to play guitar

Eric Clapton struggles to play guitar

Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Oh noes.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

That would be a sad day.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Not good if he has to use a wheelchair, whether its bronchitis, diabetic nerve pain, parkinsons, etc., old age must be a crucifying gauntlet. Hope he can have some sort of relief short of death.

On a positive note; he's looking better than Bowie.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Bayou Queen Guest
    You know your getting old when your Rock n Roll hunks are in wheelchairs.

^^^ Bayou Queen said it all. So sorry to hear about Eric. And yet Keith Richards marches on.......

Amazing!

Another sad event for this great Musician. https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...cid=spartanntp
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

He's lucky to have had the years he's had given his past. I know his family and friends will not waste the time they have now.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

I think the Eric Clapton/ Van Morrison's anti-vaccine song makes me
    hate them more then I do.(called Stand and deliver)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

14. 09-06-2021, 04:51 AM

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    I think the Eric Clapton/ Van Morrison's anti-vaccine song makes me
    hate them more then I do.(called Stand and deliver)

This reminds me of the "Nobel disease", which is a metaphor describing how some Nobel Prize recipients embrace strange or scientifically unsound ideas, usually later in life, as they feel empowered by the award to speak on topics outside their specific area of expertise.

Here, Clapton is some sort of Nobel Prize winner for guitar playing who becomes a self-proclaimed epidemiologist slash political scientist.

Source: https://sciblogs.co.nz/the-atavism/2...nobel-disease/
    ••••••••••••••• Worldwide famous J. from Paris •••••••••••••••

Quote Originally Posted by J from Paris View Post
    This reminds me of the "Nobel disease", which is a metaphor describing how some Nobel Prize recipients embrace strange or scientifically unsound ideas, usually later in life, as they feel empowered by the award to speak on topics outside their specific area of expertise.

Here, Clapton is some sort of Nobel Prize winner for guitar playing who becomes a self-proclaimed epidemiologist slash political scientist.

Source: https://sciblogs.co.nz/the-atavism/2...nobel-disease/

I so agree.

Not to mention that I am not too excited with Eric Clapton to begin with.

They say he is a great technician, "guitar hero" and stuff, but something's missing, probably a lack of creative spark, or shortage of personal charisma. What will he go down in pop/rock music "history" with ? See what I mean ? Snobs claim that Eric Clapton is great and all but what has he done with it?

Less exciting than the Stones, less talented than Hendrix, less charismatic that Daltrey, etc. Famous enough to be picked for singing the song to Lethal Weapon number 64, probably good enough to become "Sir Eric" sooner or later, but a B-lister as fas as superstardom goes.

That's my say and when he dies and if he dies before me, I'll write the same :-)

He is actually or I should say was very good.

Not to mention that I am not too excited with Eric Clapton to begin with.

They say he is a great technician, "guitar hero" and stuff, but something's missing, probably a lack of creative spark, or shortage of personal charisma. What will he go down in pop/rock music "history" with ? See what I mean ? Snobs claim that Eric Clapton is great and all but what has he done with it?

Less exciting than the Stones, less talented than Hendrix, less charismatic that Daltrey, etc. Famous enough to be picked for singing the song to Lethal Weapon number 64, probably good enough to become "Sir Eric" sooner or later, but a B-lister as fas as superstardom goes.

That's my say and when he dies and if he dies before me, I'll write the same :-)
    I like the way you think.

All just because HE had a bad reaction to the vaccine. I still love his music (mainly his older stuff up until the late 80's/early 90's), but think he's being a complete ass in regards to the anti-vaxx BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    All just because HE had a bad reaction to the vaccine. I still love his music (mainly his older stuff up until the late 80's/early 90's), but think he's being a complete ass in regards to the anti-vaxx BS.
    Thank You, this is so true.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I can't remember who it was but someone said it perfectly in a tweet...he's telling everyone to go outdoors while he sits safe and comfortable in his mansion surrounded with nurses.

By the looks of things, he has always been a dick. Yes, he made some good tunes but as a human....you only have to look at the rant he did on stage back in 78. He asked all foreigners to put up their hands them told them not only to leave the concert but the country as well and go back where they came from.

After looking into it, he really did say it and it was worse than I imagined as he went on the say England was a white country made for white people and he didn't want any black or other POC there and that anyone other than white people weren't welcome among other things.

Now admittedly, he isn't the only one who has had stuff like this brought back up but the difference is when he talked about it back in 2018, he didn't even really truly apologise for it and made excuses saying he was only semi-racist in the 70s and rather than admit he was at fault, he pushed the blame off of himself and claimed that something that happened at the time was the reason he was like that. He also shot himself in the foot further saying he found it funny and claimed he had dated a black woman, had black friends and that he championed black music as a way to say he was now forgiven.

Michael Richards wishes he had learnt to play the guitar.

Michael Richards wishes he had learnt to play the guitar.
    True, wish I could play the piano like Elton John.

I suffer with peripheral neuropathy Clapton stated in an article for Rolling Stone. https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/eric-clapton-disastrous-vaccine-propaganda-1170264/

What is Peripheral Neuropathy? https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20352061 Let's not forget he was also an addict to drugs and alcohol for many years and I do believe he is diabetic, https://www.nme.com/news/music/eric-...g-deaf-2218171 He has had the issue with his hands and feet years before the vaccine, so no you can't blame the vaccine on something that is preexisting and happened due to his past life style choices.

Maybe in the years to come some converging studies will show how much the nocebo effect impacted the reactions to the covid vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I suffer with peripheral neuropathy Clapton stated in an article for Rolling Stone. https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/eric-clapton-disastrous-vaccine-propaganda-1170264/

What is Peripheral Neuropathy? https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20352061 Let's not forget he was also an addict to drugs and alcohol for many years and I do believe he is diabetic, https://www.nme.com/news/music/eric-...g-deaf-2218171 He has had the issue with his hands and feet years before the vaccine, so no you can't blame the vaccine on something that is preexisting and happened due to his past life style choices.
    This is so true.