Page 9 of 95 FirstFirst ... 78910111858 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

Just did my devotions. Fixing to go back to bed.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

About to watch Happy Valley ( UK crime drama show on Netflix )

Going down for brunch to eat while watching Killer Legends on Netflix.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

PurrPurr Guest
    Sorted through spring and winter clothes, sorting which to keep and what to donate. Now doing laundry.

Gaming, fixing to hit the shower.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

About to have lunch ( Cobb Salad) and see what's on TV. I also need to charge my kindle.

Piddlefarting online and watching "Undercover Boss." My franchise owners could never do this. Not only do we know every single one of the "bigwigs" because they are all in the store at some point or another, but the owner is definitely NOT generous like that. I see bosses on this show giving out $5K, $10K, $20K. Paying off student loans, giving scholarships to the employee's child(ren). One boss even handed over a check for $250K so that his employee could move out of a homeless shelter.

My store's owner doesn't like to give raises, so you KNOW they won't hand out that kind of money. Evaluations were due last month or January, and as far as I know they haven't been done yet. They come around every six months, and you are eligible for a raise of ten cents, fifteen cents, or twenty-five cents depending on how well you are evaluated.

GMC used to purposely mark my evaluations down so I'd never get a raise. I started out at $7/hour. Within a year, I was making $7.40, and that is where I stayed for the next seven years. GMC's boss caught wind of that, and bumped me up to $7.65, and when my crew trainer promotion went through, I got bumped up to $8, and then evaluations came due and Manager A did mine on GMC's day off and took it to the office personally. I got bumped up to $8.25.

THEN last fall, Missouri raised their minimum wage to $8.35. I got bumped up to $8.50. Anyone making under $8.35 automatically got bumped up to minimum wage. I got the extra fifteen cents because of how long I'd been there. Sooooooo, over ten years I went from $7 to $8.50. I should be making at LEAST $10/hour by now.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

PurrPurr Guest
    Took a shower and settling down to a night of hockey.

Relaxing. Spring break is finally here. Ahhhh

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Relaxing. Spring break is finally here. Ahhhh
    Spring break is next week for us. We have a meeting at noon Monday about bringing the Schmoo home. He's due to be released around the middle of April and sent home to us. I spent the afternoon answering his emails. He calls three times a week, and emails whenever he can. Today we actually had a conversation via email.

Email from the Schmoo? Schmoo-mail.

"I just go here!"

Doing some cleaning

FredericZeng Guest
    Drinking a large coffee.

Relaxing after doing my first round of spring cleaning....Which will continue to take place throughout the week

Finishing up lunch before I leave work. (Grilled Artisan sandwich and a side salad.) It is supposed to start raining in a few hours, so I am going to hurry up and get to the grocery store and get a few things I need and try to beat the rain home.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Finishing up lunch before I leave work. (Grilled Artisan sandwich and a side salad.) It is supposed to start raining in a few hours, so I am going to hurry up and get to the grocery store and get a few things I need and try to beat the rain home.
    Good luck!

I'm messing around here and gaming.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Good luck!

I'm messing around here and gaming.
    The rain ended up being snow. Light flurries, but still. I got to the store, locked up my bike, and looked up and saw one of the OATS bus drivers letting a lady out. He offered to come back and pick me up when I finished getting the few things I needed. He sees me walking or riding my bike and picks me up quite often, and doesn't charge me for the ride. I got home at the same time as Miss E, and she took the grocery bags upstairs so I could put my bike away.

"I just go here!"

The rain ended up being snow. Light flurries, but still. I got to the store, locked up my bike, and looked up and saw one of the OATS bus drivers letting a lady out. He offered to come back and pick me up when I finished getting the few things I needed. He sees me walking or riding my bike and picks me up quite often, and doesn't charge me for the ride. I got home at the same time as Miss E, and she took the grocery bags upstairs so I could put my bike away.
    That was certainly a nice streak of blessing. It looks like it's going to storm here. The sky is dark except for the horizon and one cloud off in the distance has a glow in it. And it's hot. I keep feeling what might be little grumbles of thunder or maybe it's a freight train. I don't know what I'm going to do next. Chill and read pinterest, which is a death treasure trove.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

That was certainly a nice streak of blessing. It looks like it's going to storm here. The sky is dark except for the horizon and one cloud off in the distance has a glow in it. And it's hot. I keep feeling what might be little grumbles of thunder or maybe it's a freight train. I don't know what I'm going to do next. Chill and read pinterest, which is a death treasure trove.
    Yes, he's a sweet guy. Had he not offered to pick me up, I wouldn't have been able to get 3 two-liters of soda. My grocery store has Pepsi two-liters on sale for sixty-eight cents through tomorrow, limit of three. Hubby asked me to get three, two for him and one for Miss E. (I'm a Diet Coke kinda gal, too, Cindy, and I already have a six-pack of bottles, so I'm good.) The weather is going to be horrible tonight and tomorrow, and then it's supposed to warm back up again. I have everything we need to get through the weekend, but I'll probably have to go back to the store Sunday after lunch to get stuff for my meals at work.

"I just go here!"

Yes, he's a sweet guy. Had he not offered to pick me up, I wouldn't have been able to get 3 two-liters of soda. My grocery store has Pepsi two-liters on sale for sixty-eight cents through tomorrow, limit of three. Hubby asked me to get three, two for him and one for Miss E. (I'm a Diet Coke kinda gal, too, Cindy, and I already have a six-pack of bottles, so I'm good.) The weather is going to be horrible tonight and tomorrow, and then it's supposed to warm back up again. I have everything we need to get through the weekend, but I'll probably have to go back to the store Sunday after lunch to get stuff for my meals at work.
    It's going to be cool here. Thank God. I go through about 1.5 cases of Diet Coke per week, more in the summer, and I keep bottles of Coke Classic in case my blood glucose dives. I'm fixing to work on my book.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

It's going to be cool here. Thank God. I go through about 1.5 cases of Diet Coke per week, more in the summer, and I keep bottles of Coke Classic in case my blood glucose dives. I'm fixing to work on my book.
    I get Diet Coke at work, so I go through a six-pack of 20oz bottles in maybe two weeks. I have a few days a week when I don't have to ride my bike, so those days I'll bring home a large Diet Coke. I usually buy MIO water enhancement drops or ICE carbonated flavored water to mix with my alcohol on Friday nights.

I'm drinking, so I'm about to work some on my book. For some reason, I find it easier to write when I've had at least a drink or two in me, it loosens me up and I write freer. I finished off chapter thirty last night and started chapter thirty-one. Miss E was looking over my shoulder and asked what I was writing, if I was writing a book. I told her I was, and what it was about. She's 13 and she wants to read it. I'm not sure it would be appropriate for a young teenager, though, due to the content.

"I just go here!"

Right now, I am putting on pants. I'm a huge fan of pants.

"I just go here!"

Cleaning my room and looking over colorized Old Hollywood photos on FB. Fixing to moisturize me peets.
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-19-2016 at 12:44 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Hi Cindy, Have you tried the mexican coke? We buy that all the time because it is made with pure cane sugar and in glass bottles- (plastic bottles are nasty IMO)Sometimes we are able to find the variety case which has sprite and orange fanta. I have not seen any in diet though.

PurrPurr Guest
    Finished working on another chapter of my latest manuscript while watching the hockey game. Now getting ready to make dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    Hi Cindy, Have you tried the mexican coke? We buy that all the time because it is made with pure cane sugar and in glass bottles- (plastic bottles are nasty IMO)Sometimes we are able to find the variety case which has sprite and orange fanta. I have not seen any in diet though.
    I don't know if I have, but I'm diabetic and keep Coke just in emergencies. I've gone into a diabetic coma and I don't want that to happen again. Coke brings my sugar up like nothing else, not even orange juice.

I'm waiting for dinner to arrive.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Niko88 Guest
    Got the niece and nephew to sleep. Finally. The 3 year old went relatively easily, but the baby was another story. She's got cystic fibrosis. So she has to take medication before every bottle. She also has to take 2 different inhalers before she goes to sleep. Trying to get a 7 month old to take an inhaler is not an easy task. lol So now that that is done I am listening to some old episodes of coast to coast AM with Art Bell. This episode is about the Amityville house.

Just finished devotions. Slept through breakfast, will go down for brunch soon and eat it while watching The X-Files on Netflix or find something good to read on Printerest.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just got home from church. Voted in a new pastor. Hubby left a bit ago to take clothes to Miss E, who is staying with Grandma till Tuesday.

"I just go here!"

Messing around FAD. Thinking about a nap.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

navallint Guest
    GAthering up newspapers to lay over my outside flowers that have came up, suppose to get down to 30 tonight.

Watching American Horror Story: Coven. With Miss E at her grandma's till Tuesday, I can watch AHS until she comes home (Even though she's seen all the slasher flicks, Freddy, Jason, etc we still don't let her watch AHS.) I'm not as crazy about Coven as I was about Asylum. I'm on the fourth episode and I hope it gets better.

"I just go here!"

Watching American Horror Story: Coven. With Miss E at her grandma's till Tuesday, I can watch AHS until she comes home (Even though she's seen all the slasher flicks, Freddy, Jason, etc we still don't let her watch AHS.) I'm not as crazy about Coven as I was about Asylum. I'm on the fourth episode and I hope it gets better.
    Is it really more frightening than Jason and Michael? I saw the first two or three epis when it premiered, but didn't continue.

I just got up from the shortest nap I've taken since I used to sleep during breaks at work. Waiting for dinner.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Is it really more frightening than Jason and Michael? I saw the first two or three epis when it premiered, but didn't continue.

I just got up from the shortest nap I've taken since I used to sleep during breaks at work. Waiting for dinner.
    I don't watch the Jason and Michael movies. I do watch "Wes Craven's New Nightmare" every Halloween, it's tradition for me. We just don't let her watch it because of the sex. Same reason we don't let her watch Orange is the New Black.

I loved the first two seasons, Murder House and Asylum. Coven? Not so much. I'm watching it because I want to work my way through to the fourth season, hopefully it's better.

"I just go here!"

I don't watch the Jason and Michael movies. I do watch "Wes Craven's New Nightmare" every Halloween, it's tradition for me. We just don't let her watch it because of the sex. Same reason we don't let her watch Orange is the New Black.

I loved the first two seasons, Murder House and Asylum. Coven? Not so much. I'm watching it because I want to work my way through to the fourth season, hopefully it's better.
    I'm the same way about Hemlock Grove. They should have stopped with the second season. I don't like watching explicit sex, so I'm not going to try AHS.

Just finished dinner. I have an urge to game. Hmmm...
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I'm the same way about Hemlock Grove. They should have stopped with the second season. I don't like watching explicit sex, so I'm not going to try AHS.

Just finished dinner. I have an urge to game. Hmmm...
    Sex doesn't bother me as an adult to watch it. The storyline in Coven isn't as good as the last two seasons. I hear Freak Show is better, but I can't remember if that's the fourth season or fifth, Netflix stops after the fourth season.

"I just go here!"

Trying to find a tech advice thread here (hope I said that right?)on FAD forums, I keep getting a pop up announcing "you won a prize" and then re-directs you to another site asking you to push ok. I never do this. But its annoying. So far this only happens when visiting FAD.
    It's odd. Have any of you experienced this?

Freezing. Got to put on some warmer clothes, go down for a late lunch (slept through breakfast again) and eat while watching either The X-Files or The Bible mini series, which I've seen before, but it's Easter. I'm thinking about watching Jesus of Nazareth this week, maybe starting Wednesday, if it's still offered on Netflix. I don't even know how many times I've seen that one. Maybe the Passion of the Christ Easter Day.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Laying about,debating my options for lunch.

navallint Guest
    burrr, it's cold here. I turned up the gas heater, but I will not make a fire in the fireplace 'cause I don't want to clean the blasted thing again. LOL

There must be something going on with all the chills- Both me and my husband have been experiencing cold feet like never before- We think maybe its the magnesium we have been taking for a short while. Its just strange to have feet shaped ice cubes in bed. Even our little dog who sleeps in the bed with us, Stays her distance. Lol

Working on my websites, fixing to brush my teeth and
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Niko88 Guest
    Lazy today. I got up at 9:00 to make my aunt breakfast. Cheese omelet and toast. And then I went back to sleep. I think I was groggy because my allergies were acting up so I took 2 benedryl last night and then one this morning. So I'm about to make myself something to eat and find something to watch. I need to catch up on the walking dead. lol

On my way home after seeing the Schmoo. It was amazing holding my baby boy in my arms again. They have to send his paperwork to the courts to get his earliest release date. My boy belongs at home with us.

"I just go here!"

Just showered, going to go out for a drive in a bit, and prob pick up the remainder of the groceries.

Just finished dinner, feeling like
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching tv. Hubs got called into work, so we'll do the remainder of the food shopping tomorrow.

Just finished evening devotions. Fixing to work on my book logo thingy. But first I'm going to do some research about what day of the week Christ was crucified.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Niko88 Guest
    Oh man. I'm really not a morning person, but I've got to get to the dmv and do some other errands today. That also includes going to the dreaded wally world. ugh. I try and avoid that place, but my aunt likes going there. I like going to Ingles because they have a larger selection of morning star products, and they have a better seafood counter IMO.

Welcome to the forum, Niko!

I'm messing around here. I was up all night trying to restore a previous version of Our Town because something went flewy and I lost everything but a few odds and ends and a smeared text box. The problem was, the Site History would not boot up. Sheesh. It finally did and I finally restored it. Three times. IDK what that was about. So I published that third version and now I'm rebuilding it on another template. I'll shut up now.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Niko88 Guest
    Aww... thank you!