Page 24 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1522232425263373 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 4745

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Sounds nasty to me. Lol.
    Lol! You got that right! After eating a few, the word blech! Comes to mind, I don't recommend.

Booting up StarThriller editor to begin adding the new header.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching crappy late night infomercials (and being unable to sleep)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

Listening to Spotify, about to eat so I can get my drank on. Whipped cream vodka mixed with a mango Arizona.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Tinkering around waiting for my hair to dry. Landlord didn't come to fix the toilet until late and just put off showering because I didn't want him to walk in and catch me in the all together. Sissy sent me a text way this morning "Scott called! Get your clothes on!" So I snapped on my housecoat and sat here waiting and waiting. Such is the life.

Might nap if my hair would dry.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Proud of myself. I've had three meals today. Drinking now. Whipped cream vodka with a mango Arizona for "mixer."

Had to come home and shower. Broke a sweat this morning power-washing the dumpster area this morning and it was all I could do not to request to come home to shower. I cannot STAND sweating, I always HAVE to shower after. *shudders* Euw, euw, euw.

"I just go here!"

Finishing up Matlock series, looking on FAD to see what you all are up to-
    Have to clean the house at some point today, ugh!

Seagorath Guest
    Drinking coffee. Going to inspire people to start posting at FAD again.

navallint Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Proud of myself. I've had three meals today. Drinking now. Whipped cream vodka with a mango Arizona for "mixer."

Had to come home and shower. Broke a sweat this morning power-washing the dumpster area this morning and it was all I could do not to request to come home to shower. I cannot STAND sweating, I always HAVE to shower after. *shudders* Euw, euw, euw.
    I'm the same way, Ria, break a sweat and head for the shower.

My sister came up to help my girls celebrate their birthday. She just left and I am pooped, company does that to me.

Waiting for dinner and wondering what to do after.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Looking around FAD, making a menu/grocery list from groc. Flyers- ugh..If prices get any higher, Well, I just don't know (SMH) Most of our children are on their own but two remain- They get bored with the same thing all the time so, trying to get "creative" w/o breaking the bank.
    I was just telling my husband that I don't know how large families do it? We both come from larger families but times were different back then..
    Anyone know if there is a frugal ideas thread here?
    I have a friend who is one of those cheapskates- I mean, she doesn't scrounge in the trash for food or anything but she is cheap lol-Even though she is my dear friend, But she does push the limits but she's a good soul who would give you anything if you needed it-But you would have to reeeally need it
    I wouldn't like going that far because IMO extremist Cheapies borders being stingy/selfish...one trait I cannot tolerate in people -My in-laws were like that to the point of imposing on others-(rolling eyes)
    Just looking for a few ideas...
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 07-31-2016 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    Looking around FAD, making a menu/grocery list from groc. Flyers- ugh..If prices get any higher, Well, I just don't know (SMH) Most of our children are on their own but two remain- They get bored with the same thing all the time so, trying to get "creative" w/o breaking the bank.
    I was just telling my husband that I don't know how large families do it? We both come from larger families but times were different back then..
    Anyone know if there is a frugal ideas thread here?
    I have a friend who is one of those cheapskates- I mean, she doesn't scrounge in the trash for food or anything but she is cheap lol-Even though she is my dear friend, But she does push the limits but she's a good soul who would give you anything if you needed it-But you would have to reeeally need it
    I wouldn't like going that far because IMO extremist Cheapies borders being stingy/selfish...one trait I cannot tolerate in people -My in-laws were like that to the point of imposing on others-(rolling eyes)
    Just looking for a few ideas...
    I don't know how they do it either. There were just we three girls and we grew up eating beans and cornbread on weekdays, something a bit special over the weekend, lived in a dump, and daddy drove lemons, so that they could afford a tent, tow-camper, motor boat, camping gear, and mama would dress me like a living doll. So I can complain, except to say I hated the lake.

Here's a link, his. http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...-Are-you-cheap
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching "The Emperor's New Groove" and making Sunday supper. Roast chicken, mashed 'taters, broccoli, and green beans. Nummy nums....I've only eaten once this weekend, so I need to eat this and then try to eat something else later.

"I just go here!"

I don't know how they do it either. There were just we three girls and we grew up eating beans and cornbread on weekdays, something a bit special over the weekend, lived in a dump, and daddy drove lemons, so that they could afford a tent, tow-camper, motor boat, camping gear, and mama would dress me like a living doll. So I can complain, except to say I hated the lake.

Here's a link, his. http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...-Are-you-cheap
    Hi Cindy, I know what you mean, We were not wealthy...When we did travel, I remember we traveled by car alot when I was a kid...I did fly occasionally (hated it) -
    I wouldn't have minded the road travels so much but it was all of my siblings that bothered me and my parents constant arguing...Dear God!
    My mum and dad divorced when I was 12 He went on to start another family and kind of "forgot" about us so, after that things got a little sticky financially- She still was able to have her vices though.
    We had the basics, food, clothing, and a roof over our heads..
    By todays standards and costs, It probably would have been far worse.
    But Thank heavens for my grandmother- She was my saviour in so many ways, especially with a culinary challenged mother...(smh)

I appreciate you putting up that thread.. I'll go take a look
    Thanks a bunch.

Hi Cindy, I know what you mean, We were not wealthy...When we did travel, I remember we traveled by car alot when I was a kid...I did fly occasionally (hated it) -
    I wouldn't have minded the road travels so much but it was all of my siblings that bothered me and my parents constant arguing...Dear God!
    My mum and dad divorced when I was 12 He went on to start another family and kind of "forgot" about us so, after that things got a little sticky financially- She still was able to have her vices though.
    We had the basics, food, clothing, and a roof over our heads..
    By todays standards and costs, It probably would have been far worse.
    But Thank heavens for my grandmother- She was my saviour in so many ways, especially with a culinary challenged mother...(smh)

I appreciate you putting up that thread.. I'll go take a look
    Thanks a bunch.
    Sounds like my grandmother. My parents would have horrible drunk fights on the lake and she would just appear out of the blue and take us home with her. Long after, when she was already gone, I asked my aunt how Mama Dorsey knew we needed her and her reply "She just knew." My daddy abandoned us for another woman on Father's Day when I had just graduated from high school and was collage bound. My mother struggled, but still had money for booze.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Sounds like my grandmother. My parents would have horrible drunk fights on the lake and she would just appear out of the blue and take us home with her. Long after, when she was already gone, I asked my aunt how Mama Dorsey knew we needed her and her reply "She just knew." My daddy abandoned us for another woman on Father's Day when I had just graduated from high school and was collage bound. My mother struggled, but still had money for booze.
    Our lives sound similar..Geez, it stinks when they go andleave for some other woman, But wow on Fathers day?
    Although, my dad left on my birthday! Dad was the boozer and mum was the pill popping bar fly...At that point I was just relieved that they both didnt live together any longer so I wouldn't have to wake up to that fist a cuffs in the middle of the night..When they were together, Both often did something that I am strictly against...Drive drunk, When I think of how they would pile us into the car weaving down the road putting both our lives and the lives of others at risk- It makes my stomach turn...Thank god for my Grandma...She protected us..
    In the end, It didn't bode well for either. Karma paid him a few visits though, His last two kids (not from our family)are jail birds..
    His wife promptly drank herself to death.
    My mum, died young, her body just gave out from all the stuff she did-
    Such goings on! Such goings on! (Smh)
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 07-31-2016 at 07:28 PM.

I was lucky, my parents weren't drunks. Sure, Daddy liked a beer every now and again, and Momma enjoyed a wine cooler once in a while, but they didn't drink often nor were they teetotalers. (That's me.) But when I was 12 or 13, my father lost his job at Ace Glass after 27 years. Momma and I believe that was the trigger that started his downward spiral into mental illness. My mom, who'd stayed home with me all that time and babysat out of our home for extra money, had to get a job so that Daddy would have insurance.

Daddy worked odd jobs here and there, but after he lost his longtime job, his heart just wasn't in it anymore, and he tried to kill himself by drinking Ortho plant food. After he had his stomach pumped, he spent a few months in a psychiatric hospital, and was diagnosed manic depressive, or what is now known as bipolar.

I juggled school, taking care of Daddy so Momma could work, and more household chores than the average teenager had, but I was glad to do it. This was when I learned to cook the hard way: crash course. I'd had home ec in school, so I knew how to follow a recipe. After graduation, I put off college to stay home with him. He couldn't take the demons in his head anymore and committed suicide the Christmas I was 19.

The only thing negative I have to say about my parents is that they didn't see the sexual abuse my cousin was subjecting me to. It went on for seven years, from the time I was 3 until I was 10 and started my period. I tried in so many ways to tell without saying the words aloud, and it was all missed.

They never noticed that when my cousin spoke a certain phrase, I dropped whatever I was doing and followed him like an obedient, trained puppy. They never noticed the fear I had when HE was in my house and it was time for my bath. To this day I cannot take a bath, I must shower instead. They never heard his footsteps in the hallway when he came into my room, or noticed the layers of clothing I wore to bed.

My cousin was Momma's nephew. Momma and Aunt J, his mother, were extremely close and our families spent quite a bit of time together. He lived with my Gramma, and made it clear to me that I had to "put out" to see my grandmother. We were visiting her every other weekend, she would come to us and bring him with her. I guess we all have our own dysfunctional families.

"I just go here!"

Our lives sound similar..Geez, it stinks when they go andleave for some other woman, But wow on Fathers day?
    Although, my dad left on my birthday! Dad was the boozer and mum was the pill popping bar fly...At that point I was just relieved that they both didnt live together any longer so I wouldn't have to wake up to that fist a cuffs in the middle of the night..When they were together, Both often did something that I am strictly against...Drive drunk, When I think of how they would pile us into the car weaving down the road putting both our lives and the lives of others at risk- It makes my stomach turn...Thank god for my Grandma...She protected us..
    In the end, It didn't bode well for either. Karma paid him a few visits though, His last two kids (not from our family)are jail birds..
    His wife promptly drank herself to death.
    My mum, died young, her body just gave out from all the stuff she did-
    Such goings on! Such goings on! (Smh)
    I think we must be cousins once removed.

My mother was a paranoid schizophrenic, if you can dig that.
    Last edited by cindyt; 07-31-2016 at 08:40 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I think we must be cousins once removed.

My mother was a paranoid schizophrenic, if you can dig that.
    Yes indeed, My mum was bi polar too..paranoia was putting it mildly..Dad was no peach in the mental health area either-
    I often wondered where that would leave me- yes..depressed a bit, But mostly just tired.

Ria, That is terrible that you had to endure that at the hands of a family member...Or anyone for that matter..
    It must have been agony, And obviously still is! Feeling shame should never be- But those perpetrators should feel shame, pain and much much more..wretched bastards.
    Was he ever found out? Punished?
    Its sad that people and especially children sometimes suffer at the hands of horrid individuals..
    I know it sounds easier said than done, I hope you will be able to work through this, because living a happy healthy life is the very best revenge..
    you did nothing wrong- Please try to keep a good thought.

Last edited by hisandhearse; 07-31-2016 at 09:19 PM.

Ria, That is terrible that you had to endure that at the hands of a family member...Or anyone for that matter..
    It must have been agony, And obviously still is! Feeling shame should never be- But those perpetrators should feel shame, pain and much much more..wretched bastards.
    Was he ever found out? Punished?
    Its sad that people and especially children sometimes suffer at the hands of horrid individuals..
    I know it sounds easier said than done, I hope you will be able to work through this, because living a happy healthy life is the very best revenge..
    you did nothing wrong- Please try to keep a good thought.

He was eventually found out when I could keep the secret no longer and told a school counselor. Her response was for me to go home and tell my parents. I couldn't do that. I wrote it in my diary. But found out by Momma, when she read it. Whose response was to tell me to continue keeping the secret. Daddy would kill my cousin and boys my age would think I was "easy." I was 14 when she found out. Because I had to keep the secret, he was never punished. When I was 20, I had a near-nervous breakdown. I begged for help, and was allowed therapy but was unable to tell where I went for an hour a week. Now, I'm almost 43 years old and I refuse to keep silent.

"I just go here!"

Not sleeping. Ugh.

"I just go here!"

Eating a cinnamon donut from Kroger, (love their boxed donuts!) I rarely eat donuts..Plus our Siamese loves these as well...But she really prefers sugar donuts.

Sitting in the ER with Schmoo. He cut himself and we are waiting for him to be stitched up.

"I just go here!"

Eating a cinnamon donut from Kroger, (love their boxed donuts!) I rarely eat donuts..Plus our Siamese loves these as well...But she really prefers sugar donuts.
    Harry the Wonder Dog loved powdered donuts. I'm peck-typing and eating a popsicle.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Sitting in the ER with Schmoo. He cut himself and we are waiting for him to be stitched up.
    Hi Ria,
    Holy crud! I hope it wasn't serious and that he's okay...

Having a hungry; never mind the popsicles and tangerines I just snacked on. Dinner will be around 6:30 or 7:00. Sissy's going to pick up something to cook.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Hi Ria,
    Holy crud! I hope it wasn't serious and that he's okay...
    He was still rapping, singing, and dancing when they took him back so he will be fine. My friend and I are in the waiting room, waiting to hear if he yells or not when they stitch him up.

"I just go here!"

PurrPurr Guest
    He was still rapping, singing, and dancing when they took him back so he will be fine. My friend and I are in the waiting room, waiting to hear if he yells or not when they stitch him up.
    Yikes. I hope everything goes well.

He is fine. 9 stitches and dinner at Dairy Queen later....

ETA: I was supposed to go to the store tonight, but that didn't happen. So it was either eat out or order in pizza. Hubby was at his mom's doing laundry, so it was easier for him to just meet us at DQ.

"I just go here!"

He is fine. 9 stitches and dinner at Dairy Queen later....

ETA: I was supposed to go to the store tonight, but that didn't happen. So it was either eat out or order in pizza. Hubby was at his mom's doing laundry, so it was easier for him to just meet us at DQ.
    Good to hear that he is fine Wishing good health on you & Your Family!

Thanks. He's perfectly fine today.

Right now, I'm watching Xena, Warrior Princess and about to work a little on my novel.

"I just go here!"

Editing. It's kind of slow because of a rewrite for continence and it's sort of a down time that has just picked up. I want to finish this chapter and go on to the next.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching Xena, perusing the interwebs, and drinking cheap whiskey with HyVee's version of Sweet Tea MIO drops.

"I just go here!"

navallint Guest
    A whole lotta nothing!

Nap time.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Waiting for Sissy to text me about dinner, and otherwise dragging myself away from editing to hop in the shower.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Going to clean up the house a bit, I got stuck with a sink full of dishes..Then,Do my hair- I'm tired of feeling like a zshlub.

PurrPurr Guest
    Finished up a few chapters in the new book (due out next year) and fed Popeye.

Nap time.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching "Bob's Burgers" and contemplating going back to work on my book. I'm not even tipsy, but I feel like writing.

"I just go here!"

PurrPurr Guest
    Cleaned house and the meowser's litter box; just tossed a load of laundry into the dryer. #SaturdayCleaning

Just sitting down to eat dinner while reading Motel Workers Describe Creepiest Things They've seen on Rankin.com. After dinner, I'll start editing.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

navallint Guest
    Might be a good read, Cindy. I go over to All Nurses and read their ghostly stories of what they have encountered at hospitals, really creepy.

Doing laundry.

Trying to hurry along some chicken thawing out. Took it out of the freezer and put it in the fridge yesterday morning, but it's still frozen. I'm starving so I'm about to use the microwave.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post
    Might be a good read, Cindy. I go over to All Nurses and read their ghostly stories of what they have encountered at hospitals, really creepy.

Doing laundry.
    It was. And now I'm reading People Describe the Creepiest Things They've Seen at Sea. Or something like that. I going to flat out have a nightmare if I keep reading scary stuff like that. But i've gone off watching Netflix and turned to reading.

Been editing most of the afternoon; almost finished with Part Four and plan to do at least start Part Five, probably after dinner and a nap. I'm nodding off right now, but it's too close to mealtime, so I'll do something else.
    Last edited by cindyt; 08-14-2016 at 12:27 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Chicken is grilling, veggies are cooking, mac-and-cheese is waiting for its turn in the oven....so what am I doing right now? Tormenting the child. She's so much fun to mess with.

"I just go here!"

AussieBec Guest
    Looking after my 5 yr old who is sick again

Eating an apple and trying to think of a better title for Part VI. It has to speak to me because I'm persnickety like that.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Reading FAD, and eating peanut butter m&m's

Watching "The Emperor's New Groove" and doing food prep for the week's lunches before the conference call for my other job in a couple of hours.

Probably going to bed after, tomorrow's going to be a LONG day. I work 9-5, have to be at Miss E's school at 6:30 for back to school night, then have to be home by 8:30 for another online thing for my second job. I'm already tired just thinking about it....

"I just go here!"