Page 22 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1320212223243171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 4745

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

navallint Guest
    Relaxing after cooking most of the morning, my kids left, except youngest twin ( by a minute ) who lives with me. Son and DIL are enjoying their new townhouse, TG. I love the peace and quiet.

Just got out of the shower.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just got home from work a half-hour ago. Changed clothes, and Maxchief hasn't left my side. Poor feller, the firecrackers have been going off all day and it's getting to him.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Just got home from work a half-hour ago. Changed clothes, and Maxchief hasn't left my side. Poor feller, the firecrackers have been going off all day and it's getting to him.
    Poor fellow. My cat spent all night cowering. Either under the couch,in the bathroom, or under the desk. They really hate fireworks .

Someone abandoned a dog and left him in my backyard last night. He's a big mop of hair and needs a bath.

My Grandpa doesn't know we are gonna keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Someone abandoned a dog and left him in my backyard last night. He's a big mop of hair and needs a bath.

My Grandpa doesn't know we are gonna keep him.
    Bless his that poor doggy's heart. How can anyone be so heartless?

I unfollowed and put on restriction three FB so-called friends.

I am fixing to edit my manuscript. Had a brainstorm and going back to part two and the second interlude and add it on.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Bless his that poor doggy's heart. How can anyone be so heartless?

I unfollowed and put on restriction three FB so-called friends.

I am fixing to edit my manuscript. Had a brainstorm and going back to part two and the second interlude and add it on.
    I just gave Tobey the dog (My Mom named him) a bath, she's got an appointment with the vet tomorrow to get shots and washing/grooming. I won't ever be cruel to an animal and I think animals sense that about me because they always seem to flock to me. I got two feral cats, Smokey and Lucy the first two times Smokey and I encountered each other I told him everything would be alright and he meowed at me, a couple days later he walks up to me wanting to be petted and love loved.

My husband was like that with animals and children, for that matter.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    I just gave Tobey the dog (My Mom named him) a bath, she's got an appointment with the vet tomorrow to get shots and washing/grooming. I won't ever be cruel to an animal and I think animals sense that about me because they always seem to flock to me. I got two feral cats, Smokey and Lucy the first two times Smokey and I encountered each other I told him everything would be alright and he meowed at me, a couple days later he walks up to me wanting to be petted and love loved.
    Aw, you and Cindy's husband sound like good souls, Bless your heart for taking him in~ Our daughter is like that with cats, dogs, and babies, they are just drawn to her. She can see a baby crying and the minute she makes eye contact, they are smiling & happy! Animals and babies can sense good folks. The world needs more good souls. JMO

PurrPurr Guest
    On my way to the gym soon. I need a healthy diversion after the awful morning of having my cat put to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    Aw, you and Cindy's husband sound like good souls, Bless your heart for taking him in~ Our daughter is like that with cats, dogs, and babies, they are just drawn to her. She can see a baby crying and the minute she makes eye contact, they are smiling & happy! Animals and babies can sense good folks. The world needs more good souls. JMO
    When my husband rented a house on the outskirts of Btown this big yellow cat took up with him. We learned later that whoever had moved from that place just left him there. Anyway, Nabo would buy can's of tuna fish people food for him, open a can, and he'd come in through the back door and scarf it. He would have nothing to do with me until the night he was in there eating and I meowed at him. We were best buddies from then until the day about 11 or 12 years later when he disappeared.

I've got a monkey for Jap food, but BBQ would do. Doubt I'll get either.

I've been laying about and now I'm going to take up where I started editing.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Modding.

I printed out the first 4 parts and the front stuff (title page, etc.) of my manuscript, and am taking a break from editing. Sissy is supposed to be getting my groceries, and when she arrives I'll go down and make dinner.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

In bed, a lil under the weather. May nap or read something.

Watching "The Fosters," getting adjusted to new insoles in my old nonslip shoes, and eating dinner. T'was fend for yourself tonight because I went to the grocery store. Today is Hubby's and my 14th wedding anniversary, so I got us all ice cream to celebrate with, it's traditional. When Hubby and I were on our honeymoon, our motel was right next to a frozen custard place. We had frozen goodies every night, and every year on our anniversary we have ice cream from somewhere even if it's just a dollar cone at McDonald's.

"I just go here!"

Watching "The Fosters," getting adjusted to new insoles in my old nonslip shoes, and eating dinner. T'was fend for yourself tonight because I went to the grocery store. Today is Hubby's and my 14th wedding anniversary, so I got us all ice cream to celebrate with, it's traditional. When Hubby and I were on our honeymoon, our motel was right next to a frozen custard place. We had frozen goodies every night, and every year on our anniversary we have ice cream from somewhere even if it's just a dollar cone at McDonald's.
    I've been married 14 years this year too, on April 19. Not that I have anything to show for it, but memories. We ate at Ryan's and every time we ate there he had to sit at the same table, and he would tell the waitress "We sat here the day we were married." I'm sure she was like Whoopie doo! But I thought it was sweet.

I'm taking a break from editing; fixing to take a nap.
    Last edited by cindyt; 07-06-2016 at 06:12 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just came in from the heat. It is hotter'n Satan's balls out there. But the reason I was out there....some dude crashed into the mailboxes, and in doing so turned his car on its side. I have NO idea how that happened with no other cars involved. He told the cops he tried to stop, but a lack of skidmarks proved he was lying. Fire department left, when I came back inside the cops were still there. Now we wait to see if the landlord and/or postmaster decide to file charges, because destroying a mailbox I do believe is a federal offense.

"I just go here!"

I am updating one of my Windows 7 PCs to Windows 10. The free update offer expirers in a couple of weeks.

I was going to update my W7 to 10 a few weeks ago but my computer is not designed for it (must be my new monitor--IDK). Got an email saying that if I made an appointment with my nearest Windows store and brought in my device they would help me update it. Uh, no, thanks.

I'm fixing to edit my manuscript.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Maxster View Post
    I am updating one of my Windows 7 PCs to Windows 10. The free update offer expirers in a couple of weeks.
    We upgraded Schmoo's tablet a few days ago. Now it's running slower than it used to, probably not enough memory. It's one of those Lenovo Yoga tablets. The keyboard broke but it's touchscreen so he can still use it. Grandpa gave it to him a few weeks ago along with a desktop computer and made his year. LOL Only issue is the desktop does not have a wireless Internet connection. It has to be plugged into the Fiber box to get online, so methinks I'm going to have to wait until we move to worry with that. Hoping where we move has a more open layout between living room and dining room and we can just plug it in without drilling holes in the walls.

"I just go here!"

Looking for a new phone, I've got an old iphone that has been giving me grief- Can't hear anything but background noise on both ends...I have been putting buying a new one off because I really don't want to spend the $ and take time to compare phones...But with my line of work, It has to be done.
    Plus this one is old, and I think its about ready to give up the ghost (so to speak)

Eating my breakfast apple. Fixing to go back to bed.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

navallint Guest
    Finished lupper and need a nap, but I need to get a few things done.

Just popped out of the shower, fixing to do some rewriting on the manuscript.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

PurrPurr Guest
    Got back from the gym, had a shower, and fed Popeye. Now settled down for the evening.

Enjoying the peace and quiet. Miss E left this morning for a week at camp and neither of the boys are home. So I'm watching "Cruel Intentions."

"I just go here!"

PurrPurr Guest
    Popeye and I just enjoyed a nice breakfast. Now I'm checking stuff online and he's napping in the sun.

Just got done with dinner, watching Defending your life on Netflix...Always liked that movie...Makes you wonder about what the "other side" is really like, However don't want to find that out very soon! Lol

Two words: Pokemon. GO. Yep. Caught a couple in the house, but I've been on my feet all day long and I'm too tired to go walking to catch more. I'll walk to work in the morning and see how many more I can catch.

Hubby said, "You're playing THAT? NO, I'm not playing, too, I have 'grownup shit' to do....so...how many did you catch? Four? Which ones?" *facepalm* I have to say, the creators of this game are GENIUSES. You have to walk in order to catch Pokemon, and if you get an egg at a Poke-stop, you have to walk a certain distance in order for it to hatch. If you try to cheat and drive, the app knows and stops the timer on the egg hatching. Pretty nifty way to get people out and about and MOVING, I think, but people need to not be stupid about it and pay attention.

"I just go here!"

Having a fun editing my novel. I need an epigraph for Part Three. I've been using Shakespeare and the Bible, plus a few songs in the body, because they are in the public domain. So I'll check back over the Bard's work. After, I'm hitting the shower.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

One of these days I will learn not to click on articles that might make me feel bad. A friend posted an article this morning on Facebook about waiting until marriage to have sex. Just by the title of the article alone, I should've known that it would trigger some feelings. But did I listen to my intuition? No, I did not. *sigh* And I ended up feeling horribly sad because I wasn't given the option to wait. This, too, shall pass.

"I just go here!"

Speaking of Facebook. Somebody posted a video of this fat woman riding a pony or mini horse while two people filmed. She kept beating it with a riding crop, torturing it to run. It tried so hard to buck her off. I just wanted to reach into the screen and knock her on her butt. I couldn't watch all of it.

I'm fixing to put up my week's medicine, then work on my plot notes. I'm almost finished with the main part of the last POV character profile and will try to finish it up tonight.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Speaking of Facebook. Somebody posted a video of this fat woman riding a pony or mini horse while two people filmed. She kept beating it with a riding crop, torturing it to run. It tried so hard to buck her off. I just wanted to reach into the screen and knock her on her butt. I couldn't watch all of it.

I'm fixing to put up my week's medicine, then work on my plot notes. I'm almost finished with the main part of the last POV character profile and will try to finish it up tonight.
    The minute I see crap like that on my Facebook news feed, I block the idiots who posted them. You have to wonder what's wrong with some people.

Giving Popeye his morning pets. I think he's channeled Tiger, because my late ginger boy use to headbutt me the same way until he got his morning pets.

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    The minute I see crap like that on my Facebook news feed, I block the idiots who posted them. You have to wonder what's wrong with some people.

Giving Popeye his morning pets. I think he's channeled Tiger, because my late ginger boy use to headbutt me the same way until he got his morning pets.
    I did the next best thing: unfollowed and put her on restriction. She can see my posts but I can't see hers.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

navallint Guest
    About to send daughter to the garden, tomorrow I'm making fried green tomatoes.

I can not watch animals or children being abused, I have a panic attack and lose my religion through words. However, watching people die doesn't phase me.

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post
    About to send daughter to the garden, tomorrow I'm making fried green tomatoes.

I can not watch animals or children being abused, I have a panic attack and lose my religion through words. However, watching people die doesn't phase me.
    Same here, usually. But I think they only reason I watched a few seconds of this is I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

I'm fixing to update my outline format.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Looking @ FAD, and looking for a full sized bed for my meditation/guest room.

PurrPurr Guest
    Got back from the gym, fed Popeye, took a shower, and now about to have a Skype chat with the new man.

Playing animal crossing: New leaf on my 3ds. Probably tidy the bathroom in a bit.

Watching "Friends" and feeling like crap. Being female sucks ass right now. Blech.

"I just go here!"

Watching "Friends" and feeling like crap. Being female sucks ass right now. Blech.
    I think I know what you are going thru, (even tho its been a while for me lol.)Hope you feel real better soon)

Editing my manuscript timeline.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I'm close to tears. Remember the attack on Istanbul? The son of an old old friend has just cleared Turkish airspace. We are all praying that he will arrive back home in one piece.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

navallint Guest
    Prayers, Cindy.

Drenched with sweat and just icky after scrubbing my back porch. The shower sounds great right now.

I'm up for some down time. Been slaving over this manuscript--editing, scene by scene outline, character profile touch ups and updating the supporting cast. It's almost dinnertime and I'm going to watch Stranger Things while I eat.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    I think I know what you are going thru, (even tho its been a while for me lol.)Hope you feel real better soon)
    Thanks. I had some chocolate earlier this afternoon, a chocolate custard Oreo cookie sandwich to be exact, and that seemed to help. Chocolate always helps during this time.

Right now, I'm taking a breather from my book. I wrote my own abuser into the story, then took great pleasure in killing him off. But, because I wrote him in I had to write the little girl to be like me. Which was hard. VERY hard. I am unintentionally triggering myself into remembering shit I don't want to remember. I think I'm going to take the rest of the evening off from the book and game or watch more "Friends" or both.

"I just go here!"

Spent part of the evening spending money on Christmas (beautiful ceramic trees for us and ornaments for my ornament exchange for our upcoming cruise) Hubs boss birthday ( shirt, DVD + gift card to somewhere) , and a few things I got for my bday next Month. Probably spent too much but hey I had fun lol. Now I may watch something on Netflix.

I need to complete the grand nephew varmints Christmas with a set of ear buds, a stylus, and a screen cover that wasn't included with Gabe's tablet. I started to buy the others touch-screen leather gloves, but this is Georgia where we wear gloves once a winter, so I ditched that. Decided to give them a Visa gift card. I had to tell Sissy because she'll be getting them for me, but I'm going to surprise her with a Victoria's Secret robe that I can order online. Might find one on amazon.

I just got up, fixing to go down for breakfast and eat it while watching Stranger Things.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching "Friends." Kind of want to start my book up again....

"I just go here!"

Editing.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

navallint Guest
    Cleaning up after my cockatiels, what a mess they can make. My son asked for 2 cockatoos for his 13th birthday. I could not afford to pay 3 grand for 2 birds, so he settled for cockatiels. he is now 30 years old, his wife refused to take them when they got married so I kept them. They will outlive me.