Page 15 of 95 FirstFirst ... 613141516172464 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

Niko88 Guest
    Listening to old Coast to Coast episodes on youtube about time travel. Can we say nerd? lol Maybe have a late night snack. I'm thinking the rest of my veggie quesadilla that I made earlier. Then get some Zzzz's. lol

Listening to Sia, "Titanium," and messaging with Skully, aka Cleanskull.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Just closed the writing shop after finishing a chapter and editing the opening of the Prelude. Now I'm going to do my devotions and then go down for breakfast to eat while watching Grey's Anatomy. Sheesh.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Niko88 Guest
    About to have a tofu protein burrito and start in on cleaning again. So much to do before tomorrow night when my aunt gets back from vacation. I want it to be an awesome surprise!

Messing around FAD. Brittany is going to read the prelude to my book and I was just editing it a bit. (It's on a secret site). Going to try and get some more shut eye so I'll be all fuzzy taled for writing later.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just looking @ FAD seeing what you all are up to, Taking a break from next weeks menu planning & grocery list-
    Finiky eaters, Blah!

Listening to Prairie Home Companion and it's salute to Prince. They even tackled Purple Rain. They also told a great story about his Super Bowl appearance:

Prince got a call from the stadium's head honcho to tell him that because it was raining, he didn't have to do the show. Prince replied "Can you make it rain harder?"

It was raining even harder when it was time for Prince to go on stage. He played with all his heart and fans said they were thrilled to get soaked right along with him, as they danced in the stands.

What a trooper!

Fixing to go down and nuke dinner, then start writing fresh stuff before editing.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Relaxing under my blanket but I'm thinking of tackling some cleaning in the kitchen .

navallint Guest
    Been gardening, I'm pooped.

Home from one job and working for the other....trying to figure out how to make my own icons out of pics.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Home from one job and working for the other....trying to figure out how to make my own icons out of pics.
    Online icons? I might be able to help you there, just ask, if you're a mind too, of course. Say, Ria, your own website would be beneficial to your business.

Haven't been up long, fixing to do my devotions, then maybe game, and for sure write. The end is getting real.
    Last edited by cindyt; 04-25-2016 at 04:51 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

PurrPurr Guest
    Finished a conference call with production company interested in turning my latest book into a film and emailed them additional info.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Online icons? I might be able to help you there, just ask, if you're a mind too, of course.
    No, Windows icons. I want to change the picture for my games folder to a little game controller and some other stuff.

"I just go here!"

No, Windows icons. I want to change the picture for my games folder to a little game controller and some other stuff.
    Gotcha! Don't know why my mind went right to your WORKS! biz.

Just finished my evening devotions, fixing to game, and then write. My word count goal is 1,000 words per day. I already have a bit over 500 in the can.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Gotcha! Don't know why my mind went right to your WORKS! biz.
    Well, it is a little. I want to change the icon for the folder that has my It Works stuff in it to the logo, the icon for my games folder to a game controller, a Dallas Cowboys pic for the folder of Hubby's backup stuff (he had me back up his phone to my computer for safekeeping), etc. But no matter what I want to change icons to, there's gotta be a simple way to use my own pictures or downloaded pictures to make icons.

"I just go here!"

Waiting for morning. Hubs tax refund came in . So on the agenda is a new camera tripod, desk chair, lunch, and he owes me a $25 iTunes card for doing his taxes. I'm cheap

Writing fresh stuff and minor editing all night. I'm tuckered, but it's almost time for Sissy to go fetch breakfast...
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

PurrPurr Guest
    Making a list for the store, with kitty food and litter occupying the top spots.

Taking a break from sleeping.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Niko88 Guest
    My Aunt came home late last night. She was super impressed with how awesome the house looked! Today I am in a cooking mood. So I've got some chicken going in the crock pot with some onions and herbs. I think I'm going to make a broccoli casserole to go with it. A welcome home dinner for my Aunt.

Oh! and maybe some brownies. lol

Thanks to all the crap coming off the tube I'm dealing with severe weather anxiety. The NEW and the SSL are both in Norman, OK. and they have sent up several balloons and have said the air is very unstable. The High pressure ridge is swinging in from the Northwest, the low pressure ridge i coming in from the Gulf and the Dry Line is coming in from the WSW. Tornado outbreak tonight. Having Xanax with my coffee.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

PurrPurr Guest
    Back from the store and taking a much-needed break before I have to move stuff from in front of the windows. Window company is coming by tomorrow to install new windows in our apartments.

navallint Guest
    Son and I got the tractor running. He had to go to work, there's a storm coming in so guess who gets to plow? Yep, got my straw hat and ready to plow up some earth for a corn patch. I'm in my element.

Fixing to hit the shower.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just woke up. Sending Hubs off to get me some chow in a few.

Cut loose from McD's early, when it storms here people are too afraid to go out or even roll down their windows in the drive-through. It's what happens when you live in tornado alley. *sigh*

Right now I'm working my other job and watching Orange is the New Black.

Soon as Miss E gets home, I'll have her find her red computer so I can file a claim on it. I bought her a tablet PC last year, and I was smart to get the two-year replacement warranty for hers. While cleaning out and reorganizing my desk drawer, I found the warranty paperwork.

Her computer was on her bed, and she knelt down on the bed without realizing it was there and cracked the screen. After something went wonky with her charger and she had trouble charging it. Ah, well, it's better than buying her a brand-new one.

"I just go here!"

PurrPurr Guest
    Being stared down by a meowser. I have a feeling it's almost time for their dinner.

Max Mischief was just in here a little bit ago, crying at me with a toy in his mouth. LOL He likes these toys on sticks: long 18" stick with a strip of fleece danging off it. He had one that had catnip fishies danging off the strip of fleece that was his ultimate favorite, but the stick kept breaking until it was about two inches long. ROFL! My mom had given Miss E a dollar to spend at the Dollar Store when Max was a kitten, and she chose that. So for Christmas, I replaced it with a better one. He carries it around by the fleece dangly strip. And walks around with it in his mouth, crying the most pitiful, "Will NOBODY play with me????" cry. It's almost funny.

"I just go here!"

Cut loose from McD's early, when it storms here people are too afraid to go out or even roll down their windows in the drive-through. It's what happens when you live in tornado alley. *sigh*

Right now I'm working my other job and watching Orange is the New Black.

Soon as Miss E gets home, I'll have her find her red computer so I can file a claim on it. I bought her a tablet PC last year, and I was smart to get the two-year replacement warranty for hers. While cleaning out and reorganizing my desk drawer, I found the warranty paperwork.

Her computer was on her bed, and she knelt down on the bed without realizing it was there and cracked the screen. After something went wonky with her charger and she had trouble charging it. Ah, well, it's better than buying her a brand-new one.
    Don't as I would buy her another red one. I have one and it is a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    Being stared down by a meowser. I have a feeling it's almost time for their dinner.
    Better than being hissed at by somebody else's cat. Sissy's Bella acts like she is going to eat my grits when I walk up to her bedroom door--that I can understand. But the other morning I met her in the hall and she hissed at me. I hissed back, you might say, and then I turntailed it back inside my room.

I'm modding. Fixing to game and then get to writing.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Don't as I would buy her another red one. I have one and it is a pain.
    The main problem with the red one was the screen cracking. The warranty I paid for gives me a brand-spanking new replacement OR a gift card for $179 to buy her a different one at Walmart.

"I just go here!"

The main problem with the red one was the screen cracking. The warranty I paid for gives me a brand-spanking new replacement OR a gift card for $179 to buy her a different one at Walmart.
    I was just kidding, Ria.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Don't you just LOVE those instant replacement protection plans Ria? Hubby and I always get them on every computer, tablet, printer, modem, etc,. that we purchase, especially since they cover even power surge issues, and accidental damage. Over the course of four years, I have had the need to replace two laptops, a printer, and a modem. Well worth the small investment every time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

I was just kidding, Ria.
    S'all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    Don't you just LOVE those instant replacement protection plans Ria? Hubby and I always get them on every computer, tablet, printer, modem, etc,. that we purchase, especially since they cover even power surge issues, and accidental damage. Over the course of four years, I have had the need to replace two laptops, a printer, and a modem. Well worth the small investment every time.
    Yep!!! For Miss E's tech, I buy the warranties. For my own, not so much. I tend to take care of my stuff and pamper my tech. I bought a laptop from Best Buy with their extended warranty through their so-called Geek Squad. It was a two-year agreement, I think. Two years or four, I can't remember.

However, in order for them to replace your computer, you have to have FOUR separate "tickets" on it. In other words, you had to take it in to them for FOUR separate things to be fixed before they would "lemon it out," or consider it a lemon and replace it. I had FIVE tickets on mine. FIVE. They still refused to lemon it out until the fifth ticket.

On one of the tickets, my LCD screen was going out. I told them this, they said, "No, it's something else but it's not the LCD screen, yadda yadda yadda." I told them to hook up an external monitor to it and see if that helped. It did. I was right. I smiled sweetly and told them to never underestimate a female customer. I happened to be a computer science student and knew a thing or two about computers.

After I took it in for the fifth ticket, I told them it was a lemon. "Well, we'll have to check on that, yadda yadda yadda." I gave up. It took them about a month to figure out that it was a lemon, and in that time my late grandmother's estate had been settled and I received a check for quite a substantial amount. I turned around and bought a MacBook, and not a week later, Best Buy calls me. "Yeah, it's a lemon, when do you want to come pick out your replacement?"

Neither Schmoo nor Miss E were old enough for a computer at that time, and I sure didn't need two. (I had already partitioned the hard drive of the Mac and ran Windows XP and Mac OS X side-by-side.) Luckily, it was December, so I went in and picked out a replacement and gave it to my parents for Christmas.

I will never EVER buy another extended warranty from Best Buy. EVER. Walmart, yes. They flat-out replace it once something goes wrong. They don't make you jump through hoops like Best Buy does.

"I just go here!"

Getting some cleaning done while I watch/ listen to the tv

Just finished listing supplies I'll need to make an outline book, fixing to do belated devotions. Shish.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Finishing up an online It Works party. I'm proud of myself because of the 13 who accepted the invite, TWO are my invites. One is a potential customer, the other a potential distributor.

"I just go here!"

Ours was from Little Caesars and was fantastic, or maybe it was due to me not eating in in so long. I love the homemade. Back during the Civil War I made some from scratch--crust and all--and added everything for a topping when a friend came to watch Lonesome Dove on VHS. After, mama made potato soup. Ew. Haha. I like it now.

I'm fixing to do my evening devotions and then might organize my writing pinits.
    I would drag a rusty knife over my best friends throat just to have my Grandma's potato soup.

Haha, Dude. I've been doing my devotions and now I'm going to work a bit on my plot outline, then write.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Gearing up for a mano a mano fight to the death, just on the current chapter--three more chapters and the Epilogue and I'll be done with the first draft! Praise the Lord! I could do it by early May! I'm about to cry. (((Giggle)))
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Kicking back and happy I did not get any damage with this butt whooper going through. Gust front was running from 55 to 78 mph. My trees boogied but survived.

Glad to hear it, Mr. Clean.

Fixing to mod.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

S'all good.

Yep!!! For Miss E's tech, I buy the warranties. For my own, not so much. I tend to take care of my stuff and pamper my tech. I bought a laptop from Best Buy with their extended warranty through their so-called Geek Squad. It was a two-year agreement, I think. Two years or four, I can't remember.

However, in order for them to replace your computer, you have to have FOUR separate "tickets" on it. In other words, you had to take it in to them for FOUR separate things to be fixed before they would "lemon it out," or consider it a lemon and replace it. I had FIVE tickets on mine. FIVE. They still refused to lemon it out until the fifth ticket.

On one of the tickets, my LCD screen was going out. I told them this, they said, "No, it's something else but it's not the LCD screen, yadda yadda yadda." I told them to hook up an external monitor to it and see if that helped. It did. I was right. I smiled sweetly and told them to never underestimate a female customer. I happened to be a computer science student and knew a thing or two about computers.

After I took it in for the fifth ticket, I told them it was a lemon. "Well, we'll have to check on that, yadda yadda yadda." I gave up. It took them about a month to figure out that it was a lemon, and in that time my late grandmother's estate had been settled and I received a check for quite a substantial amount. I turned around and bought a MacBook, and not a week later, Best Buy calls me. "Yeah, it's a lemon, when do you want to come pick out your replacement?"

Neither Schmoo nor Miss E were old enough for a computer at that time, and I sure didn't need two. (I had already partitioned the hard drive of the Mac and ran Windows XP and Mac OS X side-by-side.) Luckily, it was December, so I went in and picked out a replacement and gave it to my parents for Christmas.

I will never EVER buy another extended warranty from Best Buy. EVER. Walmart, yes. They flat-out replace it once something goes wrong. They don't make you jump through hoops like Best Buy does.
    That's a shame Ria. I actually work there, and have had two computers replaced instantly- NOT because I work there, but because both computers had problems that were FAR too expensive to repair than to just replace.

Regardless, I almost always buy the replacement plans, because even as careful as I am, sometimes accidents happen, and in the case of our printer, it had a power surge and died instantly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

[QUOTE=cleanskull; My trees boogied but survived.[/QUOTE]
    Cleanskull, Happy to hear that you and yours are ok. That last part of your post really made me LOL. Thanks because I needed a giggle today. )

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    That's a shame Ria. I actually work there, and have had two computers replaced instantly- NOT because I work there, but because both computers had problems that were FAR too expensive to repair than to just replace.

Regardless, I almost always buy the replacement plans, because even as careful as I am, sometimes accidents happen, and in the case of our printer, it had a power surge and died instantly.
    This had been some time ago, maybe 10 years ago? I was furious at Best Buy, and I let them know it. I unleashed The Mean Mexican Lady. After I got the replacement computer, i didn't set foot in a Best Buy store for a long time.

I hope they have upgraded their no lemon policy, and their Geek Squad warranties all around. Hubby told me I should apply to work in their Geek Squad and teach 'em a thing or two about computers. Lol! That silly hubby!

"I just go here!"

Just got up and fixing to do my middle devotions. Also, rolling my eyes at State Farm for send a "Your quote is ready" text. I don't even have a car. Sheesh.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Niko88 Guest
    I'm trying to find a horror movie to watch. Must watch at least one a day! lol I may have to hit up my collection for one that I haven't seen in awhile. I was thinking about pulling out my box of 50 horror classics. One Body Too Many (1944) with Bela Lugosi sounds pretty good right now. Not that it's scary. It's actually pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko88 View Post
    I'm trying to find a horror movie to watch. Must watch at least one a day! lol I may have to hit up my collection for one that I haven't seen in awhile. I was thinking about pulling out my box of 50 horror classics. One Body Too Many (1944) with Bela Lugosi sounds pretty good right now. Not that it's scary. It's actually pretty funny.
    have you seen Don't Blink on Netflix? i started watching it and chickened out. I'm all alone in this apartment building most of the day and am prone to nightmares, so...

Just finished my evening devotions. I was late getting started due to writing a bit on my fight scene . So now I shall pick up where I left off. I hope to finish it before long, but IDK, one of the fighters is a major bad guy, to put it nicely, so the fight scene must be satisfying to the reader. Then I'm going to tinker with the coming chapter plots, then edit a secret site.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching Cook's Kitchen on PBS Create channel.

Niko88 Guest
    have you seen Don't Blink on Netflix? i started watching it and chickened out. I'm all alone in this apartment building most of the day and am prone to nightmares, so...

Just finished my evening devotions. I was late getting started due to writing a bit on my fight scene . So now I shall pick up where I left off. I hope to finish it before long, but IDK, one of the fighters is a major bad guy, to put it nicely, so the fight scene must be satisfying to the reader. Then I'm going to tinker with the coming chapter plots, then edit a secret site.
    I may have started to watch it just because Brian Austin Green is in it. I have the entire 90210 box set I'm ashamed to say! lol! But I must have nodded off or something because I really don't remember the end of the movie. American Mary is a really good horror movie on NetFlix. Katharine Isabelle is awesome. And she has a solid horror background. If body modification doesn't bother you, I recommend it as one of the better horror movies on Netflix.