Page 71 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2262697071727380 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,550 of 4745

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

About to go down for dinner. Miss E's school is closed through April 3, but because of roommate A's lack of immune system right now she can't come visit me until probably summer break. *sigh* AND the neighbor lady is being tested for corona, and if she has it we will all have to quarantine for two weeks. She brings over food constantly, and was here a few days ago.

I can still work, for now, but we are taking serious precautions. We have to wear gloves now most of the time, we have to give the guests lids, straws, napkins, and all condiments. All food is bagged carryout. They can eat it in the dining room if they want though, we just have to give them everything they need. And since we are portioning up fry sauce for them, we can limit how much they take. For example no giving them 3 or 4 sauces for one fry.

Since the crackdown on gatherings of more than 10 people there's a chance we could go drive through only. Although I hope not because our drive through can barely fit 4 cars including the one at window before causing a traffic jam. My old store back home would fare much better than we would on drive through only. I think if it comes to that, District Manager T may close us down first. We are at the end of a strip mall and barely have a drive through as it is. I'm off tomorrow so we shall see when I go back Wednesday.

In other news, Shipt never responded to my email and I was ignored in the "live chat." SO. On every ad for them on FB that I stumbled upon in my feed, I commented what they had done. Finally, after the third comment, they reached out to me. They canceled my membership and are refunding the $99. I told them I had liked the service, and if given the free trial would have willingly paid the membership fee. However forcing it on me is one way to guarantee to piss me off. What should have been a $90 grocery order, with about two weeks' worth of food, ended up being damn near $200 that I couldn't afford. For the record, I wasn't the only one. Seems they make a habit of doing that.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

There's 3 cases of corona in Athens-Clark, where I live. The state government enacted a 9 pm curfew, Sissy says. Sissy had to leave work just before 8 pm tonight to get home by then. Tomorrow is her regular day off, and then she's on leave for over two weeks with one of vacation pay. She has money, plus she hasn't deposited my half of the rent.

I'm fixing to eat while reading The Covenant by James Michener. Then, I need to put my last load of laundry in the dryer and get started on my second writing session.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

On hold with T-Mobile. Again. Because Shipt fucked me over, I now have an issue paying my phone bill. I asked ex-hubs to help. He said he would. I need to make sure he did. After being on hold for 3-1/2 hours, no lie, I gave up. I hung up, called back, and opted for THEM to call ME when the next available rep was ready. I'd called right after I got home from work, thinking I'd be on hold for an hour or so. HA. By the time I gave up, at 9pm my time, I was starving. so after I got the callback set up I went and reheated my dinner. After eating I went back to my room and messed around on Facebook and my games. T-Mobile calls me back half an hour ago.....AND PUTS ME ON HOLD!!!! The fuck???

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	54977

"I just go here!"

I'm having a sad. Because. If I'm not dreaming about dead people, I'm dreaming about my husband. I could handle the bad days, but these dreams are when life was good.

Otherwise, I just finished a writing session and fixing to make my reports on AW.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

T-Mobile taken care of. Shipt FINALLY responded to my email from LAST WEEK, three days AFTER someone else responded to my Facebook comments. Told me my refund would take 5-10 business days to hit my account, after the first person said 2-3 business days. I am not one to be messed with because I fired back an email, "So, you're telling me that it will take 5-10 business days to process my refund and get it back to my account? You sure didn't take 5-10 business days before taking my money for a membership I didn't want." 12 hours later, refund processed into my account.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    T-Mobile taken care of. Shipt FINALLY responded to my email from LAST WEEK, three days AFTER someone else responded to my Facebook comments. Told me my refund would take 5-10 business days to hit my account, after the first person said 2-3 business days. I am not one to be messed with because I fired back an email, "So, you're telling me that it will take 5-10 business days to process my refund and get it back to my account? You sure didn't take 5-10 business days before taking my money for a membership I didn't want." 12 hours later, refund processed into my account.
    Good for you, Ria!

I just ordered a good haul from Publix online. I need to eat.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Checking out Kobo for new mystery novels.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Messing around. Trying to decide whether to take the day off from writing or jump in. I am exhausted.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Good for you, Ria!

I just ordered a good haul from Publix online. I need to eat.
    Thanks! I'm not one to be messed with. Lol! I ordered from our local store Gerbes. Walmart had NO delivery times within the next 7 days, HyVee didn't have half my list. None of them had paper towels or toilet paper. Gerbes had it but only for in-store purchase, not delivery. I got the main things we needed. Butter, milk, stuff for me to make dinner for us all probably Sunday, Diet Coke, extra breakfast stuff for me and frozen lunches in case Freddy's closes before I get paid.

Those are the only delivery services we have unless I want to pay $99 for Shipt, and Instacart doesn't take my prepaid card but DOES fulfill orders from Gerbes. *perplexed look* Roommate K reminded me we can do curbside pickup and she can take me to pick it up. I'm just fiercely independent and if K is working there would be no car even if A could leave the house, K would have it. He's on house arrest kind of for his own health. He can take me to work and pick me up on Saturdays but just can't get out of the car. There's a HyVee right by my Freddy's and if I get off on time tomorrow I may pop in to Wine & Spirits and get a few bottles to save me delivery fees from the liquor store.

Also got some vanilla pudding cups for Little K. It's the only flavor she likes that we don't have to worry might be sweetened with fruit juice. Poor kid is allergic to apples of all things. Can't have it in cereal, in glaze on ham, anything that is sweetened with fruit or fruit juice has apple in it. If Little K is eating it, we have to read labels carefully.

"I just go here!"

I just got my butt buddy bidet in and am about to set it up for when we run out of toilet paper, and paper towels, bought it on amazon for like 34 dollars, easy to install and you can remove it later if you want to.

We don't have bidets, and good reason too. I wouldn't be able to leave the bathroom. *wink* ROFLMAO.

SO. I got to work today, prepared to work 11-4 as usual. I'm a transplant from another store but still considered a new hire. New hires at my current store start out part time, and I'm okay with it, for now, because my rate of pay is higher than back home. BUT I show up to work and I'm told they have to cut everyone by 2pm Central time. I was cut at 12:30. Wasn't worth leaving the house for. *sigh* I'm off till Thursday, that is if we aren't closed by then. And with the cuts in hours today I suspect that will happen. Missouri is on a statewide shelter in place order. My county had been a little lax, waiting a while before first complying with no more than 50 gathered, and then no more than 10 which closed our lobby. We had been drive through only since Friday afternoon.

"I just go here!"

Ria I would suggest getting one the butt buddy attaches under your toilet seat, turn off the water to your tank, flush the water out, then attach the hose and then attach your water hose to the t attachment and then to the bottom of the bidet, it's very easy, just in case you can't get tp we haven't had tp in the stores in weeks, when we get some in some twit buys it up, or people rush to get it faster than they can stock it. Laughing my ass off as people will be trying to return the hoarded supplies, some already have and Costco said nope no returns.

As of right now, it's not a necessary purchase. I'll get paid tomorrow or Wednesday, I'm not sure which because I switched accounts. (Old account was AMEX and I had trouble with it not being accepted in some places.) I'm ordering more groceries, pretty much my money is being spent on food. I stocked up the other day on alcohol, so I should be okay there for a while, and I can go for a while without if necessary. I'm also in the midst of getting my 401K mailed to me in a check, since they won't hold it for a year and roll it over into a new one with my current store. I know I'll have to pay 10% of it at tax time next year, but for the help now when I actually NEED it, it's priceless.

"I just go here!"

Binge listening to the Beatles youtube channel.

Watching "Shaft" with my roommate. Samuel L. Jackson drives the same as John Shaft and Nick Fury. Lol

"I just go here!"

Watching "Shaft" with my roommate. Samuel L. Jackson drives the same as John Shaft and Nick Fury. Lol
    You know it!

About to watch the second half of an episode of Extras starring Samuel L. Jackson. How weird is that, lol.

Fixing to write checks for bills. Then revise a section of the historical novel. I might work on the crime book afterward or wait until later.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Crying. (i'll talk about it later. )

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Crying. (i'll talk about it later. )
    (((((Hugs)))))
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Thanks Cindy, Depression was kicking my ass and got notice a friend of mine died, not of the corona, but she lost her battle with cancer.

Thanks Cindy, Depression was kicking my ass and got notice a friend of mine died, not of the corona, but she lost her battle with cancer.
    I've had bouts of depression since my husband pulled the gun stunt; sometimes I can barely get out of bed. So I know what it's like. Sorry about your friend.

I'm waiting on dinner to arrive.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Sorry for your loss, Tracy.

I'm listening to the Burns and Allen Show. They're still one of my favorite comedy duos of all-time. I remember reading George's autobiography. He said Gracie was the real brain behind their act, and he never remarried because she was his one true love.

Watching Life with Father, staring William Powell, Irene Dunne, and a young adult Elizabeth Taylor.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I'm sorry for your loss, PK. *hugs*

I'm lying across my bed, torn between going back to sleep and getting up, getting dressed, and going downstairs for breakfast. Every so often, Beast will saunter in, meow at me, and saunter out. I'm almost certain she's saying, "Eat!" I have a box full of snacks in my room, but the real food is downstairs in the kitchen.

"I just go here!"

Fixing to wash dishes and then nuke leftovers from dinner last night.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just finished dinner, cheeseburger macaroni with extra cheese and garlic bread. Now I'm relaxing across my bed watching DissociaDID on YouTube. She's a British YouTuber, and it's interesting to us to see how other systems work. Plus I love her accent.

In a fit of anger I left the only DID group I was still in that I don't run over a moderator nitpicking every single word. You can't do that when you run a group, you can't micromanage. That kind of treatment pisses us off and makes us rebel. Seemed I was getting picked at more than anyone, so I said fuck off and left.

"I just go here!"

Watching Life with Father, staring William Powell, Irene Dunne, and a young adult Elizabeth Taylor.
    I love that movie. I've probably seen it half a dozen times.

I'm relaxating, with my cat asleep on my lap,after doing some heavy cleaning, laundry, and making dinner awhile ago. Guess I'd better wash those dishes that have been in the sink ever since, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    I love that movie. I've probably seen it half a dozen times.

I'm relaxating, with my cat asleep on my lap,after doing some heavy cleaning, laundry, and making dinner awhile ago. Guess I'd better wash those dishes that have been in the sink ever since, lol.
    I was looking for Cheaper By the Dozen and Belles On Their Toes when I ran across LWF. It's been decades since I saw it. I love old movies. Wait Til the Sun Shines Nellie and Imitation of Life are two other favorites.

I've been working on the historical all night and am exhausted. Going to bed now or after breakfast.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Thanks, guys, hard because with all this mess, family and friends can't come to the funeral, her mom and one sister is allowed to be there and that is it.

Sending hugs, PK.

Right now I'm glued to the dumpster fire train wreck that is Tiger King. Peer pressure is an awesome thing. ROFLMAO

"I just go here!"

Just finished my writing session. Waiting for my DD to come in so I can pay bills and order necessary stuff from amazon and walmart.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Currently glued to "Bar Rescue" where two mixologists try to save bars. It's like the Kitchen Nightmares of bars.

"I just go here!"

Fixing to start proofing the historical. I'm almost halfway done with the critter. I suspect it will be released late this month or sometime in May.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Fighting with unemployment. I got paid for last week and this week, and woke up this morning to a "quit" questionnaire in my emailbox to fill out. I had to explain old store was corporate and the new store is franchise and I couldn't transfer like I had wanted to, I didn't want to interrupt my 401K. GM C would have made a transfer happen for me, but new store isn't in the same corporation so I had to quit and get rehired. I planned to take a week off between jobs to unpack and get acclimated, but ended up applying 3 days after moving in. It still took 3 weeks from the time I applied until I started work. Giving me a headache....

"I just go here!"

Unemployment dealt with...401K arrived over the weekend, and I've set a small amount aside to just play with. I've decided I want a Switch but holy price gouging, Batman! They retail for $299 for the regular and sellers on Amazon and evilbay want TWICE that. Uh no. I don't 2want a Lite because I want the option to hook it up to the TV or play multiplayer games with my friends. (My roommates don't have a Switch, they have PS4.) Someone on my FB was arguing that it's not price gouging, but actially it IS. We are in a state of emergency, and the price has risen by way more than 25%. It's individuals out there trying to make a profit. One fucker on a Nintendo thread said he "was just trying to make a profit, he had to eat too." Uh no.

"I just go here!"

Fixing to start my first writing session. I have two big and two small parts to go, and it will be finished.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I have a switch Ria and love it.

They're like $499 at Walmart online. Uh, no, me either. They're taking advantage of people stuck at home.

I wouldn't buy one if it was just 100 bucks, because I am a game addict. Lol. I used to play on my nephew's console, and that's all I wanted to do.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I have a switch Ria and love it.
    There's a few games I'll buy, Mario games and Undertale. Delta Rune is a free download and so are some classic NES and SNES games.

They're like $499 at Walmart online. Uh, no, me either. They're taking advantage of people stuck at home.

I wouldn't buy one if it was just 100 bucks, because I am a game addict. Lol. I used to play on my nephew's console, and that's all I wanted to do.
    Walmart and Amazon allow third party sellers on their sites. They are the ones gouging the prices. Filter the search results down to Walmart only or Amazon only and you get the MSRP. BUT they're sold out. Only ones available are price gouged. Someone ELSE on a Nintendo FB post commented, "It's not price gouging, it's being opportunistic. And that's not illegal." I went OFF, "NO, fucker, it's NOT 'being opportunistic.' It's being greedy, it's stealing, and it's illegal in 34 states." A little research goes a long way.

"I just go here!"

Unemployment dealt with...401K arrived over the weekend, and I've set a small amount aside to just play with. I've decided I want a Switch but holy price gouging, Batman! They retail for $299 for the regular and sellers on Amazon and evilbay want TWICE that. Uh no. I don't 2want a Lite because I want the option to hook it up to the TV or play multiplayer games with my friends. (My roommates don't have a Switch, they have PS4.) Someone on my FB was arguing that it's not price gouging, but actially it IS. We are in a state of emergency, and the price has risen by way more than 25%. It's individuals out there trying to make a profit. One fucker on a Nintendo thread said he "was just trying to make a profit, he had to eat too." Uh no.
    That's some bullshit. The price gouging problem is getting ridiculous. He needs to wait for his stimulus check like everyone else. If it's not enough, you'd think it'd at least occur to him that low markups create more sales than gouging does. If he gets reported, he could lose his seller account. Amazon and eBay are both being tightasses about that right now. A guy who was price gouging for dental floss got shut down after I reported him. I got another one taken out for gouging on children's toys. "Keep the little ones occupied with fun stickers! Only $75!" For one sheet of dollar store stickers. Fuck off, grifter.

Right now I'm trying to figure out the average number of times per day I think or say "fuck off." It's probably five. I probably think it four times a day about my boss, and I say it at least once per day about bad drivers. "Fuck off, tailgater" and "The road is clear except for you dude, so why are you doing 20 in a 45 zone? Fuck off, man (as I zip around him on a two-lane road)" are my most common. Don't get road rage. Get away from bad drivers by any legal means possible is my motto. Wanna tailgate me? Tap, tap, tapping on those brakes randomly backs them off.
    Last edited by SomeChick; 04-14-2020 at 11:41 PM.

Fixing to post my writing report to AW.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    That's some bullshit. The price gouging problem is getting ridiculous. He needs to wait for his stimulus check like everyone else. If it's not enough, you'd think it'd at least occur to him that low markups create more sales than gouging does. If he gets reported, he could lose his seller account. Amazon and eBay are both being tightasses about that right now. A guy who was price gouging for dental floss got shut down after I reported him. I got another one taken out for gouging on children's toys. "Keep the little ones occupied with fun stickers! Only $75!" For one sheet of dollar store stickers. Fuck off, grifter.
    Exactly. The counterargument is, "But that's on necessary items. A Switch isn't necessary!" I came back with, "In time of national emergency raising the prices ANYTHING higher than 25% over MSRP is gouging and illegal in 34 states. Do your research, I'll wait. And besides, who are YOU to deem what's necessary for someone else? With the current situation, that Switch may be providing someone with enough distraction that they no longer want to kill themselves." Which is true. The isolation of the stay at home orders only exacerbates pre-existing mental health conditions.

I'm not alone. The lack of consistent routine is getting to me, and with DID a routine is helpful. It means less time that's unaccounted for, because I know that at this time I was working, at that time I was cooking dinner, etc. I went back to work last week, but I'm part time. Maybe 9-12 hours a week when I was working 35. I'm working little 11-2 "baby" shifts.

And my latest sayings are either, "No fucks given. Not a one," OR, "I'm currently on Amazon, looking for a fuck to give you but they're sold out."

"I just go here!"

Woke up a little after 6am to pee, decided to beat the rush for unemployment and file my weekly claim early. I usually do. I file it between 6 and 8am, when my bladder wakes me up, then go back to sleep. Everyone else is filing later in the day, from 10-11 on and the site can't handle all the traffic and shuts down. I'm working part time and will continue getting unemployment until July. I have another month before I'm required to look for a job, but I am not sure if I'll have to look still with working part time.

"I just go here!"

Just finished a writing session. I didn't write zip yesterday. Lol. So I got my butt back in the saddle early this morning.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

About to go downstairs for a very late breakfast, probably going to skip it and go straight to lunch. I ordered myself a wireless game controller off Amazon for my PC that is supposed to also work with my Android phone. It may or may not work on my Kindle Fire because Fire's OS is a version of Android but not a full version. I'm looking to upgrade my phone soon but plan to stick with Android.

"I just go here!"

Think I just put myself in FB jail. It was in a private group. A fellow Okie had a post about the Murrah Building Bombing. A dipstick on the same group. said it was a good thing. West Coastie, natch. I lost it and laid into him pretty hard. Wish I could see him personally. Bonehead millennial. I'm going to ghost FB for a bit. Prolly banned by now anyway.
    Last edited by cleanskull; 04-19-2020 at 06:27 PM.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Am in shock just got notice that someone I knew took their life on Thursday I posted about him in Notable section, he was a youtube famous and had the channel called Talking Kitty Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Think I just put myself in FB jail. It was in a private group. A fellow Okie had a post about the Murrah Building Bombing. This dipstick said it was a good thing. West Coastie, natch. I lost it and laid into him pretty hard. Wish I could see him personally. Bonehead millennial.
    Where do they get off saying cold blooded murders are a good thing? SMFH. Good for you in laying into him.

Am in shock just got notice that someone I knew took their life on Thursday I posted about him in Notable section, he was a youtube famous and had the channel called Talking Kitty Cat.
    I heard about this earlier in the day. Sorry for your loss.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Thanks Cindy, he and I had many conversations about our struggles and have talked each other down off the ledge a time or two. Clean I'll meet you and we can go teach that millennial a thing or two, children were killed in that bombing I have or had the Time article showing the firefighter carrying one-year-old Baylee Almon's lifeless body out of the rubble.

I commented on that thread. His suicide hit me like a ton of bricks. Both my kids liked him, too, and fell in love with Sylvester's sassy attitude. Truth be told the forced isolation these days is not good for folks with mental health issues.

I worry about my ex, he is also bipolar and cannot stay at home even if his life depends on it. He's got Miss E, and if anything should happen to him she would have to come to me. I was originally planning on getting on my feet and returning "home" to the KC area but I like it here and make more money doing the same job for the same company, plus rent is cheaper and there's a better system of public transportation.

"I just go here!"