Page 77 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2868757677787986 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,850 of 4745

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

Fixing to work on the crime novel. I guess I should call it a crime historical since it takes place way back in 1985.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Finished the crime novel session. Finally figured out who calls Billy to the ER as soon as possible. Doesn't sound like much, but it sets up a flashpoint in the plot.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Having a bit of a sad. Wonder Twin and Mushu (not her real name, but our nickname we call her) just left here about an hour ago to head back home, but I got some good tight cuddly hugs before they left. We had an amazing day, though. We went for lunch at White Castle, because somehow Mushu had never had White Castle, and KC doesn't have White Castle anymore. We came back here after and played Cards Against Humanity, when I found out how twisted my precious little Jehovah's Witness Wonder Twin can be. I think I fell in love with her just a little bit. But she's straight. *sigh*

Then we went to my Freddy's for custard. I introduced my golden trio members to AM L (the one who gives me all the grief about being short). I greeted him with a side hug. I put a hand on Wonder Twin and said, "She was my wrangler, and kept me in line back home. And do you know how you call me your shining star? Mushu here trained me in all things Freddy's and she's the reason I'm your shining star." Wonder Twin pointed out to him, "That thing she just did? Hugging you like she did? She doesn't do that to very many men so consider yourself a special friend of hers."

We came back here and lounged around my room watching My Hero Academia for a couple of ours before they finally had to go home. It is a two-hour drive each way. I miss them already, but we're planning on doing it every other month or so. It is kind of pricey for gas to come here.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

I remember Harry. He was a sweet fella. I haven't thought of him in years.

Glad your cat came home, Tracy. My cat, Sammy, got lost in a rain and windstorm for four days once. My friends and I looked for her everywhere every day with no luck. I'd only had her a short time back then and was worried she couldn't find her way home. Then on the fifth day, at 6:30 in the morning, I heard her meowing outside my bedroom window. I opened the blinds, saw her, and ran to the back door yelling Sammy! She was already there. She's a fast one even now. I picked her up and hugged her. She smelled like fabric softener but had leaves in her fur. My guess is that she hid next to a warm dryer vent outlet while waiting for the wind and rain to stop. I immediately got out her favorite food, filled her water dish, she began eating and drinking so fast that food and water were flying everywhere as she purred while I petted her. Then she started meowing in the little yip yip way she does when she wants me to follow her. She jumped on the bed, yip yip while she stared at me, I sat down, and she jumped in my lap and fell asleep. I laid back down to go to sleep, and she laid on my chest purring. She was still there when I woke up two hours later. I made coffee, she used her litter box, and it was like she'd never been gone.

That was eight years ago. Now whenever it's windy, she snuggles up as close to me as possible while looking out the window at the sloshing waves in the lake and the tree branches bending in the wind.

Right now I'm sharing the story of four days without Sammy and its happy ending.

Fixing to do my devotions and then likely go to bed.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Thanks for sharing Deb, right now resting my back I tweaked it somehow.

Just posted a Growing Up Buford article, The Hunger, and fixing to do my devotions. Will eat, and will sleep. I hope.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Remembering why I shouldn't watch Private Practice at work while waiting to clock on. *facepalm* ROFLMAO. Let's just say I forgot about the episode in PP where Sloan visited, stripped down, and rolled around with Addison on the floor.

"I just go here!"

Waiting on Walmart's Resolution Department to email me. I ordered two Boho pillow shams from an independent seller in June, and it has yet to come. The tracking app said it had "just shipped" on July 8. Walmart says the order was never shipped. I read some of that seller's reviews and at least one customer has had the same problem with them. Unless it's one I've done business with before, I'm never going to order from Walmart.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Waiting on Walmart's Resolution Department to email me. I ordered two Boho pillow shams from an independent seller in June, and it has yet to come. The tracking app said it had "just shipped" on July 8. Walmart says the order was never shipped. I read some of that seller's reviews and at least one customer has had the same problem with them. Unless it's one I've done business with before, I'm never going to order from Walmart.
    That's why when I am ordering from Walmart online I always filter my results to get JUST Walmart.com. Walmart and Amazon both are horrible with the third-party sellers. Amazon I only do Prime shipping.

"I just go here!"

Waiting for my sheets to dry so I can remake my bed then I am going to prepare to participate in recording a podcast with some online friends.

Sitting here planning on what to pack for my two days away in a hotel room by myself, I decided to go give myself a mini vacation, still in San Diego, but away from the house and the pets and the hubby and have time to myself to reflect on a few things to do with my life, my mom, changes I want to make in my life, my mental health and emotional health, cutting ties with a "friend", I just need two days by myself, part of me is freaking wondering what the heck I am doing going to a motel in the middle of a pandemic.

Take the bedspread off the hotel bed immediately and leave it off because the grossness on those that we've all heard about is true.

Just finished giving students their midterm exam via Zoom. Now I'm off to the grocery store. I love the convenience of having an employee owned grocery right down the street now. I like it much better than the mega-conglomerates, the quality is better, and the prices are just as good.

Zoom chatting with my favorite Kansas City Lesbians and sipping a Four Loko. I was tempted to spice it up a bit but my friend swore it was a bad idea. ROFLMAO. "Bad idea! Bad! Abort mission!" she said.

"I just go here!"

Fixing to do my devotions and then maybe work on the crime novel. I did four chapter spot edits earlier. I'm halfway to releasing it on my ebook blog.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Yeah Deb I bring my own blanket and sheets, I strip the hotel bed and put mine one and a blanket as well as pillow cases.

Trying to figure out what to do.
    We wanted to go for a motorcycle ride, but there are lingering threats of scattered rain. We thought about going fishing, but it’s really windy. Plus, is really hot and humid....

Got off a chat with Walmart. (This is like the third or fourth in a month about this order.) Walmart finally agreed to a refund. I imagine they will go after the seller to get their money back. It's been like pulling teeth. Never, never again will I buy from a seller I haven't done business with before. If I can't get something straight from Wally, I'll order from Amazon and twiddle my thumbs until Sissy gets over to Brittany's to pick it up.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Got off a chat with Walmart. (This is like the third or fourth in a month about this order.) Walmart finally agreed to a refund. I imagine they will go after the seller to get their money back. It's been like pulling teeth. Never, never again will I buy from a seller I haven't done business with before. If I can't get something straight from Wally, I'll order from Amazon and twiddle my thumbs until Sissy gets over to Brittany's to pick it up.
    Good for you, Cindy! I wouldn't mess around with third party sellers on Walmart or Amazon.

What am I doing right now? Talking to Wonder Twin and Mushu, planning their next visit, and discovering how DELICIOUS Diet Cherry Dr Pepper is when mixed with 360 Red Delicious Apple vodka. OMG. think my tongue had an orgasm. And I'm starting to feel it.

"I just go here!"

Just finished watching SVU, Season 5, Episode 6. It's the one about the mental hospital that denied a patent his meds, which caused him to eventually murder two grocery store workers and kidnap a boy he thought was his son Tate.

Now, I need to edit another chapter in the historical and work on the crime novel.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Trying not to get my Mexican self sunburned waiting for the bus. My roommate brought me to the bus stop a good 30 minutes early so I wouldn't miss it. During the week I have 3 different times I can catch the bus and be at work on time or early. Saturdays there's only ONE time that gets me there on time. Naturally it's a sunny day and hotter than Satan's armpit. (See, this is me trying not to swear. ROFL)

"I just go here!"

Waiting for Sissy to get home from Florida. She left last Monday, and I haven't seen a single human being offline since.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Sissy's home! And I'm now waiting for my groceries to arrive. My shopper was the bestest ever!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Playroom Karaoke with Sandra Valls and her sister, and having some DRANKS. Good gravy on a biscuit I've earned it.

We were short handed today, and busier'n a one-legged man in a butt-kickin' contest. Majority of the orders were between $30-$50. There were originally three girls scheduled, me and two others. One of them isn't reliable (and has been refusing to remove her acrylic nails, which is a BIG no-no for our franchise), and the other just disappeared. Finally heard from HER, she's two hours away in St. Louis. *facepalm*

SO. They brought in another girl, who didn't really want to work and whined about it all day long. It was her, I, and AM L running the front. GM M bounced back and forth between the front and the kitchen all day. AM L was supposed to be my "window 'flunky,'" (for lack of better word, or a swear word ROFL), but he IS an assistant manager and had managerial things to do, too.

5 o'clock and I was done for the week. I've got two days at home to rest. End of next month, Wonder Twin and Mushu will come back to visit. I can't wait. I miss them when they're not here.

"I just go here!"

Posting on facebook. Tinkering with a western novel I tried to write in 1989 but couldn't put two words together. I can now, so I'm going to give it a whirl, especially since I first began the crime novel in 1971 when I was almost 15 and couldn't write it either--but I'm now on the second draft. Woot Woot! So I figure I can do up the western proud.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

More than tipsy, but not quite drunk. Off the Zoom call with my favorite lesbians and watching SVU. I'm off tomorrow, so I'll drink myself into a stupor and sleep in tomorrow. My days off work are my only days to get real sleep, so I drink to ensure I'll sleep through the night.

"I just go here!"

Just finished morning devotions.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Not doing much....had a rough day and I'm on a Zoom call with my favorite lesbians and texting Wonder Twin at the same time.

"I just go here!"

Tending to a cat who is very ill and may be dying, while tending to my face, she took a swipe at me and got me good on my nose it's all black and blue with puncture marks not to mention what her back claws did to my breasts, look like I went up against a horror movie slasher, I was holding her to give her a pill, normally she is good about that but something startled her and she nailed me. Thankfully I got a tetanus shot two years ago so am good for eight more years.

Prayers for you cat.

I'm fixing to either go ahead and eat dinner or start writing. Hmmm
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Thanks Cindy, she stopped eating the vet said to just make her as comfortable as possible, she is still walking around, and is loving I don't want to put her down yet, the vet said when she just starts laying around then it might be time. She doesn't appear to be in pain.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Thanks Cindy, she stopped eating the vet said to just make her as comfortable as possible, she is still walking around, and is loving I don't want to put her down yet, the vet said when she just starts laying around then it might be time. She doesn't appear to be in pain.
    My 13 years old tux cat was frisky and appeared to be just fine, except for losing weight, and his food came out looking the same as it did going in. Took him to the vet, who did a test for leukemia and one for feline immunity virus. He had AIDES, and I had him put to sleep right there, because I was afraid he'd get out and infect somebody else's furbaby. It just about killed me, so much so that the vet come out to my house that afternoon to check up on me.

I've spot edited two chapters of the 18th Century historical, Dress Her in Chameleon. I've got about 21 more chapters and the Epilogue, then a read through to go, aiming for a September release. Now I'm going to begin writing new stuff (Chapter 16) on the 1985 crime novel, A Deadly Spill of Scarlet.
    Last edited by cindyt; 08-04-2020 at 06:49 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just ordered groceries for pick up for tomorrow, hubby and I have decided to shop differently as since I have IBS, my eating is totally different than his so he gave me so much a month for me to shop for myself, and he will get his own food, it will also save on us going out to eat a lot since I am doing it this way as I am picking up simple things for me to either throw in the microwave or doesn't take much prep time, and my food will last since I am only eating once and rarely twice a day, so I can see what I can actually get, I don't hardly go out anymore, my agoraphobia has gotten worse, It has also given me a feeling of being in more control and a sense of more independence. I am going to go out one last time for fast food as I just woke up an hour ago (three pm) my insomnia is also back, I haven't eaten yet. Then I will do some more work in the living room to get things sorted to take out the desk and old tv and my chair to be hauled away.

Fixing to check out AW and then jump into the crime novel.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

PK, I hope you've eaten something by now?

Right now I'm drinking and shortly I'll get to that sweet spot where the writing flows and I'll work on my novel. But before I write I'm thinking snack. I usually crave salty stuff when I'm drinking.

"I just go here!"

Freezing, starving, and fixing to email tonight's writing to myself. It's on OneDrive Cloud, but my OCD requires I email it. Lol.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    PK, I hope you've eaten something by now?

Right now I'm drinking and shortly I'll get to that sweet spot where the writing flows and I'll work on my novel. But before I write I'm thinking snack. I usually crave salty stuff when I'm drinking.
    I ate about five pm, then nothing the rest of the night, it's two pm right now as I type this, woke up two hours ago and haven't eaten yet. about to go get my groceries, and come home I'll fix something then. About to post in pet peeves, not getting my groceries today after I mentally prepped myself to go out. So yeah guess I won't be eating today as we cleaned out the fridge and hubby got all the stuff for himself he could eat such as spicy and stuff I can't eat with my stomach issues.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 08-09-2020 at 02:18 PM.

Getting caught up with my stuff on the internet.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Listening to Shakira and piddlefarting around. Drinking cherry vodka in Diet Pepsi and nibbling on Doritos.

"I just go here!"

It's nine pm about to eat for the first time today, just made a packet of chicken flavor pasta the Knorr brand, and watching Harlots on Hulu, I binged watched season one last night as I couldn't sleep I did finally fall asleep at seven am this morning and work up at three pm, our power is getting turned off at eight am tomorrow until 1pm due to rolling blackouts and something else. It's been so hot here, and we don't have air conditioning.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    It's nine pm about to eat for the first time today, just made a packet of chicken flavor pasta the Knorr brand, and watching Harlots on Hulu, I binged watched season one last night as I couldn't sleep I did finally fall asleep at seven am this morning and work up at three pm, our power is getting turned off at eight am tomorrow until 1pm due to rolling blackouts and something else. It's been so hot here, and we don't have air conditioning.
    Speaking as one who barely eats when left to her own devices, it's always good to keep stuff like broccoli or asparagus in your freezer, and canned chicken in the pantry. You can add a little green and a can of chicken to the Knorr noodle sides and turn it into a more-balanced meal. Just a tip from someone who also struggles with getting enough nutrition into her body during a day. <3

"I just go here!"

Put the brakes on editing to go eat here at 1:57 am. I had breakfast yesterday morning, a candy bar, and nibbled on Doritos, and that's all I ate. Now I'm hungry.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Thanks Ria I'll do that, right now I am laid up with a broken leg and toes, was helping move our desk out to be picked up by the junk man, and my end slipped and came down on my toes hard, I jerked back from the pain and the dog ran behind me causing me to fall and I landed on my leg. 2020 can fuck off now.

Yikes, pk. Get mended up soon.

Just ate breakfast while watching Jesus of Nazareth. Had one writing session before Sissy left for Bojangles, so I might take a cat nap.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Thanks Cindy, right now trying to cool off it's 82 outside, and about 92 in the house, some reason California does not put air conditioning in home unless they were built in the last three years.

I'm sitting here, if that counts.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

sitting here as well

Having a bored.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just finished a late dinner of grilled chicken breast and mac and cheese. Since I've been walking to work, and my step counter also tracks the calories I burn, I've gone back to using MyFitnessPal to log what I eat in a day to make sure I'm taking in at the very least what I'm burning. My goal, with my current activity level, is 2,390 calories a day to lose 2 pounds a week.

I think 2 pounds. I'd prefer 1 pound per week, though. Due to mental health issues I need to take it slowly. When I've lost weight in the past, I've seen that my actual shape is NOT round but curvy and slightly voluptuous, and men start catcalling. I panic and gain it all back. I'm aiming for 1,500-1,800 calories a day. I think the 2,390 is pretty close to what the average woman needs throughout the entire day. OMG Wonder Twin is practically dancing for joy because this means the app forces me to eat, too, and she can sit back and say, "I told you so!"

"I just go here!"

I had tomato sandwiches for dinner. My glucose level is normal for this time of day, but I feel like I need something to eat.

I made out my grocery list for tomorrow's delivery. Fixing to make my AW daily writing post. Maybe eat. Then try to finish Chapter 50. I somehow managed to lose part of one section and am still in the rewrite phase.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD