Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3979868788
Results 4,351 to 4,359 of 4359

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

I got bumped off my insurance at work like that.

Fixing to eat. Then make my AW report.

How you feeling after the shot, Ria?

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    How you feeling after the shot, Ria?
    It's tomorrow after work. I wanted to schedule it right after work, then go home to have a couple days off. I'll schedule the second shot for 2 weeks out so I can request an extra day off. I hear the second one is the one that has the side effects.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    It's tomorrow after work. I wanted to schedule it right after work, then go home to have a couple days off. I'll schedule the second shot for 2 weeks out so I can request an extra day off. I hear the second one is the one that has the side effects.
    The first one made Sissy feel bad and tore her stomach up. She missed one day of work. Immediately after the second one her arm swelled up, she started running a fever, and felt horrible. She missed about four days of work.

The first one made Sissy feel bad and tore her stomach up. She missed one day of work. Immediately after the second one her arm swelled up, she started running a fever, and felt horrible. She missed about four days of work.
    I've heard mixed opinions about the effects after the first dose. Some have had nothing but sore arm, others had what your Sissy had. And it's been the second when you're sick. I'm off Sunday and Monday, and I'm thinking I SHOULD be okay. My stubborn ass will probably go in to work Tuesday no matter what.

For the second, I'm gonna be prepared for the side effects. I'm going to schedule it for a Friday two weeks out so I can just go get it right after work, and then request off Saturday and be off Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

Freddy's is making allowances for us to get the vaccine, working with us schedule-wise and once we get both vaccines, we email the head honcho a copy of our vaccination card and we'll get a $50 Amazon gift card.

That's great, Ria! I don't know if Walmart gives their employees a bonus or not. Prayers for good luck with the first shot. Sounds like you'll likely have enough time to recover from it and the second one.

Here in Canada just need my 2nd shot of : astrazeneca.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

That's great, Ria! I don't know if Walmart gives their employees a bonus or not. Prayers for good luck with the first shot. Sounds like you'll likely have enough time to recover from it and the second one.
    It's been almost four hours and still no side effects. Arm isn't even really sore yet, well what I would consider sore. I'm presuming it'll kick in by tomorrow or so. I'm HOPING with either dose I don't have the tummy effects your Sissy did, because food is a MAJOR struggle as it is. I can't afford to not eat.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Here in Canada just need my 2nd shot of : astrazeneca.
    I got Pfizer. HyVee by me does Pfizer, and for convenience purposes I went there. I knew I did NOT want Johnson & Johnson. Yeah it's only one shot but I believe that one is the one that actually has COVID in it. That's a no from me. That's ALL the nos from me.

Right now I've just finished eating and about to start DRINKING. Peach Natty Light with Malibu Black.

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    It's been almost four hours and still no side effects. Arm isn't even really sore yet, well what I would consider sore. I'm presuming it'll kick in by tomorrow or so. I'm HOPING with either dose I don't have the tummy effects your Sissy did, because food is a MAJOR struggle as it is. I can't afford to not eat.
    Her effects didn't kick in until the next day. I think the tummy probs lasted 24 hours or less. I don't know what she took.

Just finished making my AW report. I wrote most of yesterday and fell into bed after devotions. I think I'm going to chill for a few hours before I do any more writing. Plus it's Sunday, and I have video sermons to watch around noon and in the evening. Usually my friend's pastor husband's Sunday school class and then Billy Graham.

I'm on a TikTok Live, not moderating. It's Trauma Family Book Club, we're reading "The Body Keeps the Score" by Bessell van der Kolk one chapter a week, with the triggering stories edited out. It's definitely not a therapy replacement, it's a peer-led support group type thing. Makes us feel like we're not so alone, there's other systems in there too.

Little more than 18 hours after the shot, my arm is sore but nothing else. I am so far NOT having any tummy trouble, and for my sake I hope I never do because I already struggle to eat as it is. I managed breakfast this morning, which usually after a night of drinking food is more of a struggle than usual. So I'm sipping coffee because dammit I earned it.