Page 73 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2464717273747582 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,650 of 4745

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

Watching the season finale of Saturday Night Live. It's a quarantine edition complete with Weekend Update. Those are usually the best segments because Michael Che and Colin Jost always write jokes for eachother to read sight unseen, and they're always truly embarrassing to read on-air.

Keenan Thompson has surpassed Phil Hartman's record as longest tenured cast member. Yep, I think he's funny, but everytime I hear Phil's name, I wonder how much he could've done had he not been killed by his fucked up wife. I don't feel that way while seeing him in old shows or on News Radio. Same with John Belushi, Gilda, and Chris Farley. I guess that's because it's like they're still here for a short time, though the documentary on Gilda's last days was emotional to watch. She was in good spirits until the end. Gene Wilder telling her honestly that she was beautiful the one time she was sad as her hair was almost gone due to chemo.

Gilda was my all-time favorite. I do love me some Kate McKinnon, but nobody holds a candle to Gilda.

Right now, I'm sprawled across my bed not doing anything. I spoiled myself this Mother's Day and upgraded my die cut machine. Also ordered a desk, chair, and storage. With Jayce's birth, I've been itching to get back into scrapping. I miss it. Since I saved my 401K, I'm allowing myself to spend the stimulus.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

That's cool.

I'm hoping my sullen teenage granddaughter is reading her texts. (All teens become apathetic at some point.) Her voicemail is also full. Her voice is changing, so she doesn't like talking on the phone. Her adult voice sounds like mine, but some words still come out in her little girl voice. Peter Brady Syndrome.

She always gets sad on Mother's Day for good reason, so I call her to cheer her up. Her dad usually takes her to do something fun too. He's pretty imaginative, so he's surprised her this year too.

My mom's the best. She lives next door and came over last night. I gave her her Mother's Day present. Food fun. She'd rather have that than a superfluous or expensive anything.

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Makin' dinner. Pork chops, green beans, mashed potatoes for Hubby and Little Bit, roasted Brussels sprouts for me. I have to make up for the crap I ate this morning for breakfast, but damn I do love Hardee's breakfast.
    After seeing all this I feel the need to burp.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Accepting packages one at a freaking time. Spending on the stimulus. I ordered a shit ton of scrapbook stuff on Amazon, including a Cricut Maker die cut machine, and from Walmart a desk, chair, and storage. It is all arriving one...thing...at...a...time. I chose "Amazon Day" delivery on Amazon, they're supposed to gather everything and deliver it all on one day. Nope. *sigh* It will be a full week before everything is here, last thing to come is my desk, arriving by next Thursday. I'm looking forward to getting back into crafting, it really did help keep me on a more even keel sanity-wise.

And it's my turn to make dinner tonight. On the menu: wings with buffalo and BBQ sauces on the side, extra cheesy mac and cheese, and corn. We've got a variety of tastes in this house and a seven-year-old, so I do sauces on the side and let you sauce your own chicken.

"I just go here!"

Just finished cleaning my windows.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Trying not to drop a few F bombs on Facebook Trump nuts. Buncha wee willy dog eggs!

Otherwise, I've been working on my websites. I need to write, but don't wanna. Ah, well...
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Trying not to drop a few F bombs on Facebook Trump nuts. Buncha wee willy dog eggs!

Otherwise, I've been working on my websites. I need to write, but don't wanna. Ah, well...
    Wee willy dog eggs?

Now there's a phrase I haven't heard anybody from the south say lately.
    Or ever.
    Or anybody from anywhere else either.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Laughing at the mental picture of my mom shooting pervy Uncle Donnie in the nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Wee willy dog eggs?

Now there's a phrase I haven't heard anybody from the south say lately.
    Or ever.
    Or anybody from anywhere else either.
    Well, I am a writer, Jim. I stole (((cough))) paraphrased it off a writing forum post. The original phrase was "sucked big willy-dog eggs."
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Well, I am a writer, Jim. I stole (((cough))) paraphrased it off a writing forum post. The original phrase was "sucked big willy-dog eggs."
    Gotcha!
    Now it makes perfect sense...

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Laughing at the mental picture of my mom shooting pervy Uncle Donnie in the nuts.
    Shooting a pervert in the nuts is funny as hell.

"I just go here!"

Shooting a pervert in the nuts is funny as hell.
    Not to everybody...

It depends on what pervert you're talking about.

I'm fixing to start working on my author blog.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I'm all for shooting perverts in the nuts. Especially those who prey on children.

Right now I'm waiting for my Uber home. Went by HyVee to pick up what Walmart was out of and I didn't realize I needed. And restocked my bedroom bar....*looks sheepish* But when I stock it, it lasts me a month.

"I just go here!"

Heyyy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

Hi!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Waking up, lying here in bed debating if I want to go downstairs and have a bowl of cereal or wait. My roommates offered to cut me in on the bills and I stay permanently earlier in the week. I said I needed to think about it, and gave them my answer yesterday. Yes. Then was the drama of the return of the missing prodigal kitty, that I posted on FB.

I've been in the midst of setting up a craft corner in my room. Ordered a desk, chair, rolly cart with 2 shelves and 8 drawers, and 6 12x12 cubes with 3 drawers each in addition to a Cricut Maker, trimmer, and a few odds and ends that were either left behind or are unusable and dried up after 3 years in storage. I'd taken care of all bills with the generous unemployment and I've been back to work full time for a few weeks now so I'm spending the stimulus.

Of everything I ordered, only two things needed to be put together. My chair and the 2 shelf-8 drawer rolly cart. Put them both together by myself without calling on ex-Hubs for help, he used to put stuff together for me before the split. I know he would have talked me through it had I needed him to, we're still friends after all, but I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it. And I did. And I still have room in here to fit an air mattress for Miss E when she comes to visit.

"I just go here!"

Way to go Ria I am the one that puts things together here, hubby, bless his heart, is all thumbs when it comes to putting things together.

Running back and forth between looking for an 18th Century clipper ship image and yapping about Sarah, Eric, Shelly and the possibility that she was pregnant on my Brandon Lee FB group. Now, imma go sleepy.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Looking out the window at the rain and the fog. I was hoping to sit on my balcony and read and get some sun... not today ! LOL.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Way to go Ria I am the one that puts things together here, hubby, bless his heart, is all thumbs when it comes to putting things together.
    Awwwww. He tries though! I was taking out all the boxes I wasn't keeping yesterday. I'm keeping some of them to replace broken down boxes in my closet. Kiddo was going into the playroom across the hall from my room as I was dragging the boxes to the stairs. She asked about the boxes, and I said I'd put together a pretty new shelf in my room. She steps into the room, looks around, and says, "It looks better in here!" ROFL!!! I guess it WAS a little bare in here with just my bed and dresser in here. Kiddo is honest.

"I just go here!"

Just imagine where we'd be without thumbs.
    And not just any thumbs - opposable thumbs.
    Opposable thumbs are to using tools what chins are to putting on pillow cases.

And don't even think about hitchhiking, nobody is gonna stop because they'll all think you're just standing on the roadside waving at passing cars, like a lot of people do.
    So even though you didn't mean it that way, calling somebody "all thumbs" is really a compliment of the highest order.

Don't thumb us, Jim. (Couldn't help myself.)

Fixing to write.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching season ten of Grey's and relaxing. Desk finally arrived as I was leaving for work this morning. A put it in my room for me and when I got home from work I spent two hours figuring out how I wanted the corner arranged and started organizing my scrap stuff.

Placed my last order with Amazon for a while, I've spent enough money. ROFL. Ordered the press for t-shirts, both kinds of vinyl for my die cut machine (iron on and decorative for walls and such), scrapbook paper, and more odds and ends. Also got a couple of things I've needed for a while, a laptop sleeve and a drawstring bag. I needed something for work that was bigger than a purse but smaller than my backpack.

"I just go here!"

About to head to bed. Just finished rearranging my scrap corner already. I decided to pull my printer out, since my new die cut machine has a "print and cut" feature and I may want to utilize that. So I rearranged a little and have the die cut machine on the top shelf and the printer on the second, and discovered I need a new printer cable. Gah. I'll have to add one to the Walmart grocery order for next week. Beauty of ordering groceries from Walmart is I can add on some non-grocery things like socks, printer ink, any cables, a desk lamp, basic scrap supplies I might run out of and not want to wait for Amazon like adhesive, OR venture out to a store for.

"I just go here!"

Just got off a Zoom call with about a dozen or so of my favorite lesbians from Kansas City Lesbians. Now I'm watching Grey's season 10 and perusing the interwebs. And drinking. Diet Coke and cherry vodka.

"I just go here!"

Confusing the asshole who lives upstairs. All I'm gonna say is he's a truly FUI sneaky little prima dona shit who's had it coming to him for quite awhile now. I'm a very patient person, but that only goes so far when someone has so little regard for others. No need for violence or meanness though. Confusion does the trick in this case. I find it amusing that his sister is up there daily (she's nice and lives on a different floor) trying to get him to act like a human being as management puts the screws to him because people here have had it with the guy. Ah, but they don't live below his stupid ass. I do. Ergo, stupid time is over. Fun time has begun!

Also, reading upstream in this and other threads, pervy Uncle Donnie has officially declared himself a flailer and delusional self-medicator. As Linus said in the Charlie Brown Christmas special, this brings tidings of great joy. I've only ever known one person who was as delusional as Donnie, and he's dead now. Heart attack because he did not listen to anyone who saw it coming. Money can't buy common sense though.

Time for ice cream (on sale, yay!) and a couple of episodes of season five of True Blood.

I was down for taking a nap when I suddenly remembered my new bankcard needed activating. Sissy did it cause I can't hear, dontchaknow. So, I've been editing all my online billing info. Now I'm all set for the next four years. YaY me.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Home from work, dinner made and eaten, about to hop on FB for my friend comedienne Sandra Valls' Saturday night karaoke. It's loads of fun.

"I just go here!"

A guy on Absolute Write was desperate for an old west Hotel address in Gregory, South Dakota, for a scene in his book. He had exhausted his keywords. I'm good at tracking things down. I searched months for the ticket price of ship passage from Liverpool to Charles Town, SC, in 1732 and found it. That's just the tippy top of the iceberg. Sooooo, I volunteered to give the hotel a go and not only came up with the address but the building (and a match cover--lol). The reason he couldn't find it was the name of the hotel had been changed. All I did was google the hotel and location and another hotel in that town kept popping up. So I compared buildings and voila. The Gregory library verified my findings, he said. Now he wants to know if I know a trial lawyer to help him with his court scenes. Uh, no. I don't. Plus, I have to learn how to deer hunt for a wagon train scene.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

You could still help the guy out.
    Just visit a few dozen lawyer websites and enter his info into their contact forms.
    If you do enough of them, surely he'll be able to find one who can fill the need.

Trying to catch my breath....my roommates ambushed me into a Nerf gun fight that turned into war. ROFL. I was in my room, minding my own business watching a Facebook Live karaoke, and they come knocking on my door and opened fire. So now I need to go get a Nerf gun of my own so I can be adequately armed.

"I just go here!"

I am obsessed with the spiral line dot coloring books, you use one writing tool of your choice, pen, pencil, marker, colored pencil, make sure it has a fine tip, and then just either color in the cirlce, color in every other line , or color around the spiral and a picture forms. I have the serial killer one

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/16...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 it really helps me zone out and calms my anxiety.

Sick at my stomach, chatting about ocd on fb messenger, and modding.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just got in the to the house went to the store, now I am sitting here trying to cool off it's hot outside. Not sure what I want to do later, I have been up a total of 30 hours now, woke up at eight am yesterday morning and haven't been to bed yet. I am wide awake.

Fired up the brand new Cricut and cut pieces to make a new mask. I need something with ties or elastic that goes around my head and avoids my ears. Lately I've had the problem of the elastic around my ears causing my glasses to fall off. I jerry-rigged it yesterday by slipping the earpieces through the elastic and letting my glasses settle on my ears before the elastic. I only have to wear it for the 6 hours I work and 10 minutes each way on the bus/Uber ride. Since the first week of adjustment I haven't had much irritation on my ears like others. Just the problem of losing my glasses. At first there was some irritation but only on one side due to combination of glasses, elastic for the mask, and drive through headset. I would like to eventually make enough so I can wear a different mask for each day of the week.

"I just go here!"

Fired up the brand new Cricut and cut pieces to make a new mask. I need something with ties or elastic that goes around my head and avoids my ears. Lately I've had the problem of the elastic around my ears causing my glasses to fall off. I jerry-rigged it yesterday by slipping the earpieces through the elastic and letting my glasses settle on my ears before the elastic. I only have to wear it for the 6 hours I work and 10 minutes each way on the bus/Uber ride. Since the first week of adjustment I haven't had much irritation on my ears like others. Just the problem of losing my glasses. At first there was some irritation but only on one side due to combination of glasses, elastic for the mask, and drive through headset. I would like to eventually make enough so I can wear a different mask for each day of the week.
    You could just wrap Saran Wrap around your lower face, just enough to cover your nose and mouth; that shouldn't cause any issues with your glasses.

I saw these advertised on FB.

https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=MOLDERP...ref=nb_sb_noss

I'm modding and fixing to do more of it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I saw these advertised on FB.

https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=MOLDERP...ref=nb_sb_noss

I'm modding and fixing to do more of it.
    Those won't do any good with the elastic. My earpieces sit on top of the elastic and keep sliding off my face. I've been jerry-rigging it by sliding the earpieces through the loops on the mask, thereby allowing my glasses to sit directly on my ears and the elastic on top of them. I'm trying to make some with elastic that goes around my head or ties that tie behind my head.

"I just go here!"

Just checked my bank account. I got my stimulus! I'm going to put half in savings and play with a bit of the rest. I don't really need anything. I might get a new phone, though I don't really need one.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

sweet Cindy, we got ours in, and hubby tried ot put it into his account as my name isn't on his account, we have his account, my account and a joint, the bank refected the deposit as my name is on the check as well, and hubby didn't put it in the join ah well, now have to wait for it to arrive in the mail from the bank. I want to put my half in my savings account and buy somethings for myself and the house, right now waiting on FedEx so I can refuse the dell order and have it sent back, my other laptop that I ordered from Newegg and will be here tomorrow. I would keep the dell one, but with all that happened with them, they can kiss my ass. I am also looking at a new laptop bag the one I have is for a 15-inch screen, the one coming in tomorrow is 17.3. Wishing I had my half of the stimulus check as I see a laptop briefcase I want, but can't get it at the moment.

My close friends warned me against Dell years ago. Brittany and Sissy went in to get me my laptop--a red hp. It's a wonder they didn't get a Dell.

I broke down and bought a reversible Bohemian strip quilt and sham set, sheets, and a reversible throw that matches the quilt. I want new pillows and a plush blanket. We'll see. I'm going to buy those two Mr. Goodbar books, and a prime movie or two. I have books I've yet to read and movies I've yet to see or minish. But, what the hell. Lol.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I bought a Dell desktop back around 2001 or so.
    It was great and held up a long time, I never had to call their service though.
    I got my stimulus check too so that's kind of nice.
    It makes me wonder though, how much of that check is from money I paid in taxes.
    I also haven't looked to see if that has to be declared as income on 2020 taxes - what you wanna bet?

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I bought a Dell desktop back around 2001 or so.
    It was great and held up a long time, I never had to call their service though.
    I got my stimulus check too so that's kind of nice.
    It makes me wonder though, how much of that check is from money I paid in taxes.
    I also haven't looked to see if that has to be declared as income on 2020 taxes - what you wanna bet?
    It's not supposed to be declared per the IRS site. I bought an hp xL in 2005 that died in 2010. Bought the W7 hp that same year.

I'm trying to finish Chapter 34 of the historical by midnight.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just finished playing in my scrappy goodness, I'm watching SVU and pondering a midnight snack. I monogrammed my laptop sleeve. Picture is on Facebook, or I can dig up the crafty hags thread and post it there.

"I just go here!"

My close friends warned me against Dell years ago. Brittany and Sissy went in to get me my laptop--a red hp. It's a wonder they didn't get a Dell.

I broke down and bought a reversible Bohemian strip quilt and sham set, sheets, and a reversible throw that matches the quilt. I want new pillows and a plush blanket. We'll see. I'm going to buy those two Mr. Goodbar books, and a prime movie or two. I have books I've yet to read and movies I've yet to see or minish. But, what the hell. Lol.
    One of the books is called Closing Time the true story of the mr goodbar murder on kindle it's 1.99 right now , and the other is Looking for Mr. Goodbar, right now waiting for my new laptop to arrive, the one from Dell arrived yesterday but I refused it and had it sent back. Cindy, Dell used to be really good, and I had had no issues from them, when I first ordered from them in 2014 , now I wouldn't even tell my worst enemy to buy from them.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 05-29-2020 at 09:53 AM.

One of the books is called Closing Time the true story of the mr goodbar murder on kindle it's 1.99 right now , and the other is Looking for Mr. Goodbar, right now waiting for my new laptop to arrive, the one from Dell arrived yesterday but I refused it and had it sent back. Cindy, Dell used to be really good, and I had had no issues from them, when I first ordered from them in 2014 , now I wouldn't even tell my worst enemy to buy from them.
    I ordered both books on Kindle. The Closing Time was $7.99, but I'm not complaining. I also bought Shenandoah with Jimmy Stewart so I could have a nice boohoo from time to time. I've decided to buy a few more things, but I'm going to keep $500 in savings, and keep back the rest in case I ever need a new laptop. I might buy one now, anyway, because I would love to have a more expensive one. IDK.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 05-29-2020 at 03:54 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Right now I'm taking a break and eating a sammich before I reach out that window and strangle a motherfucker. People are just.... driving me to drink.

"I just go here!"

Fixing to take a nap after a pretty long editing session, then get up and add more new wordage.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD