Page 1 of 95 1231050 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

Whatcha Up to Right Now?

Closing the old thread because it hit the magic 5000 post mark that bogs down the server each time it's opened.

And trying not to fall asleep during my lunch hour, lol.

Just ate dinner.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Fresh from the shower, watching "Grey's," and about to start supper. I have finished tormenting Little Bit for the evening. She wrote on the whiteboard in the kitchen, "No pinching of cheeps or tickling of peets. Signed, Miss E." Which means I naturally patted and smooched both of her "cheeps." ROFL
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Fixing to do my devotions and then take a nap.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Havin' a quadruple shot of pumpkin whiskey. Today was hell at work. Weather here is crappy, so I messaged "J" last night to see if I could ride in to work with him this morning. He had to be there at 5, I had to be there at 6. I would rather sit and play on my phone for an hour than walk in the snow and ice shit that is outside.

J messages me at 4:40am, "I'm on my way!" No biggie. I was up, dressed, and snapping the ice packs into my Lunch Blox and packing them in my backpack. I go downstairs to wait for him. 4:50am, J messages me again. "Roads are too slippery. I called in. Sorry." I was PISSED. I had messaged Hubby's boss last night to see if I could ride in with her. She opens Taco Bell next door to my McD's on Wednesdays. She messaged me back that she could pick me up, but I didn't get that text. (Stupid phones.) Anyways, wasn't mad at her, was mad at J.

I immediately message Manager A, telling her I am on my way but I have to walk and I'll get there as soon as I possibly can. She says that's okay, just be careful and get there safely. I put on my headphones and start walking. I know that as I walk, I'll work out the anger I had at J. Five minutes later, Manager A calls me. She says not only did J call out, but so did L. That left her by herself with two grill people and a maintenance man. NO service people.

She asks me if I'd passed QuikTrip yet, and I said no. She says that I'm to go there, when I get there, call her back and she'll send the maintenance man to get me because she needs me ASAP. He didn't know where 7-11 is, because I was closer to 7-11 than I was to QuikTrip, but I tell her I'll go there, and call her back. I make it down the street, and as I turn the corner, a lady in a minivan slows down beside me and asks if I need a ride. I recognize her as a VERY frequent customer, and gratefully accept.

I made it to work at 5:30am, and I took orders on both lanes and cash by myself for two hours. Manager A worked up front, handing orders out and taking care of front counter. GM had told Manager A that if she needed help, he'd come in and help her. She texted him TWICE saying she needed help and he never did come in. Not until 7, when he was scheduled. Another service person came in at 7:30, and she helped me, and GM called the third service person in early and SHE got there around 9. After that, everyone started arriving as scheduled between 10am and noon.

Effers were effers, rude and stupid. (See letter in the Pet Peeves thread.) I didn't get my break until after 10am, nearly five hours after I started work. I did help myself to a sausage, egg, and cheese bagel when I got there so I was okay. Manager A told me that since we didn't know when, or if, I'd get a break that I had better get something to eat. SO, I have earned this quadruple shot of pumpkin spiced whiskey.

"I just go here!"

Feeling better. Hope it lasts. Been watch Criminal Minds and eating popsicles and an apple, and gaming.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

navallint Guest
    My hip, in the joint, is killing me. So I'm sitting here with a heating pad on it. I think it's ole man Arthur Ritus.

Just ate dinner, fixing to nap.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Home for the weekend. Had therapy today, watching "Grey's" and recuperating, about to forage around for some dinner and then drink. Fend for yourself tonight because Hubby went to his mom's to help her with some stuff online.

"I just go here!"

Just got up from a nap, fixing to do my evening devotions and then who knows?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

About to do the evening dishes & have some tea . Probably watch some tv after

Gaming. Fixing to go to bed.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

TGIF'in

PurrPurr Guest
    Making out a grocery list for next week.

Just booked my airfare for my cruise in December...$1,700.00 for 2 ppl . I was hoping to use air miles but the return date was too close to Christmas.. So it was either cough up the cash or cancel.... I wasn't canceling.. no way no how..... I neeeeed a vaycay.

Just ate dinner while watching Criminal Minds. While I was filling my Bento box Sissy came in, lightly touched me, and I nearly hit the ceiling. Lol. Her hands were loaded with grocery bags. We are having a ice. It's above freezing now but will get worse as the evening rolls on. She bought two kinds of chips. I will eat 8 or 9 pieces with a meal and just say no to the munchies, as I did with the Wavy chips she bought last week. It's been kind of hard, but I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
    Last edited by cindyt; 01-22-2016 at 02:19 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching "Pitch Perfect." Again. No judging. LOL I had a day off work today because my manager doesn't realize I am actually available to work on Fridays. *rolls eyes*

I went to the grocery store, bought almost all of my healthy food for the next two weeks. I'll probably need to buy a few more veggies, fruits, and yogurts when I go back but I got the majority of what I will need today. I try not to make Hubby buy all of my healthy stuff because it IS expensive.

Next week's lunches will alternate. I got some more tuna packets, and a packet of salmon, for wraps. I also got a bag of baby spinach (and after I got it home had to check the code to make sure I didn't get a bad one) for spinach-and-tomato wraps. Bought another cucumber (Max is used to them now), a bunch of broccoli, a couple of tangelos, a bag of blood oranges, a couple of pints of raspberries, a couple of mangoes, six kiwifruits, a package of Flat-Out healthy flatbread for the wraps.

Tonight's dinner? Frozen pizza. Totino's for Hubby and Little Bit, Lean Cuisine for me. And a ginormous salad for me, too.

"I just go here!"

Messing around. We had a snow while I was napping. Fixing to do my devotions and then start writing.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching Wednesday's L&O: SVU and considering going back to an earlier season of SVU. Back to a season of Benson and Stabler....

Also I'm drinking. Burnett's peach vodka with a few squirts of mango passion fruit Crystal Lite and generous splashes of Diet 7-Up for bubbly.

"I just go here!"

I'm bored and hungry. Can't seem to find a movie on netflix that holds my attention.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

We're watching L&O: SVU season two on Hulu.

"I just go here!"

Just finished watching Cross in the Road on Netflix. Great Christian thriller. Waiting for midnight when I will go down and grab an apple and popsicles to eat while watch Criminal Minds or another movie.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

About to do the evening dishes, then I may read or do a puzzle or watch some TV..

Watched The Greatest Show on Earth on Netflix, then did my devotions. Now, I'm going down for breakfast. About time, too. I've been hungry since last night. Lol.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

PurrPurr Guest
    No better day to do some writing and editing. Snow has almost everything in my neighborhood at a practical standstill.

Our snow is all but gone. Matter fact, Sissy's off to her daughter's house or somewhere.

I'm moderating. Haven't been up long; woke from a dream where I was a teenager involved in planning a crime (stealing a horse), but backed out of it. The thing is I woke up feeling guilty about it the same way you wake up scared to death from a nightmare. Lol.
    Last edited by cindyt; 01-23-2016 at 11:17 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Shopping for a new printer on Amazon .

Watching last night's "Master Chef, Junior." Got up and went out to breakfast with the fam. Hubby and Little Bit acted like I don't feed them at home. ROFL

"I just go here!"

Searching for a new job, time for a career change!

navallint Guest
    Not enjoying the snow, all 26 inches. All roads are closed til 6 tonight.

Modding. Fixing to go down and build a dinner.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Writing.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Makin' dinner. Pork chops, green beans, mashed potatoes for Hubby and Little Bit, roasted Brussels sprouts for me. I have to make up for the crap I ate this morning for breakfast, but damn I do love Hardee's breakfast.

"I just go here!"

AussieBec Guest
    doing some housework

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Makin' dinner. Pork chops, green beans, mashed potatoes for Hubby and Little Bit, roasted Brussels sprouts for me. I have to make up for the crap I ate this morning for breakfast, but damn I do love Hardee's breakfast.
    I do too. I usually get a ham biscuit, because it has less calories than the sausage and egg. I also love their pancake platter, but ours doesn't sell it anymore, Sissy says, and I know the one in BTown doesn't.

Exchanging FB messages with Brittany.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Wishing we had some snow here, also hoping everyone over in the US is managing ok in the blizzards!

Freezing our asses off.....49 degrees down here.....WTF
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

About to take a nap since I was up way to early..Zzzzzzzz

PurrPurr Guest
    Threw in a load of laundry and fed the house tigers.

navallint Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Torious View Post
    Wishing we had some snow here, also hoping everyone over in the US is managing ok in the blizzards!
    You can have all my snow, lol.

It's 10f out there now, I look out and freeze.

This video was shot about 100 feet from my house, the cop is my next door neighbor. http://www.wymt.com/content/news/Dri...366317141.html

Ice fishin.... Fish aren't biting to good
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    Freezing our asses off.....49 degrees down here.....WTF
    It's 53 up here. Weird.

Just got up, waiting for dinner to be ready, going to update my diet/exercise journal.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Doing homework (yep, another degree) interpersed with cleaning and other exciting stuff. Gonna make some tilapia w/ salsa, avocado and cheese in a bit. Grilled tortillas would go great with that but going to the store isn't high on my list of priorities right now. Rice perhaps instead. Already made cookies for dessert.

Sometimes this thread is like note to self and conversation at the same time.
    Last edited by SomeChick; 01-24-2016 at 07:06 PM.

Posting a warning on FB about baby carrots. Somebody posted an image warning people that baby carrots, because of the way they are made, are harmful. So I naturally looked it up on snopes, and guess what? http://www.snopes.com/food/tainted/carrots.aspI don't know how much truth is even in the snopes thingy, but there it is.

Also gaming and cleaning my room.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post
    You can have all my snow, lol.

It's 10f out there now, I look out and freeze.

This video was shot about 100 feet from my house, the cop is my next door neighbor. http://www.wymt.com/content/news/Dri...366317141.html
    No way! Stay safe... And warm!!

Edit: what am I doing? Watching Criminal Minds...and being disappointed; lol what a terrible TV show!

PurrPurr Guest
    Working on my new book.

Quote Originally Posted by Torious View Post
    No way! Stay safe... And warm!!

Edit: what am I doing? Watching Criminal Minds...and being disappointed; lol what a terrible TV show!
    I loved it, guess it's a matter of taste.

Just got up, fixing to update my diet journal, then go down for dinner.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Chilling out after doing dishes & played Madden 16 with the man. I won

Messing around here and reading online news, fixing to take my after dinner nap.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Getting cozy under my blanket. May read for a bit