Page 69 of 71 FirstFirst ... 20606768697071 LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,450 of 3534

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

  1. #3401
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,197
    Uploading files to google docs. Fixing to eat a late supper.
    "Do no harm, But take no crap."-- pksracy



  2. #3402
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,024
    Grey's Anatomy season 12.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."


  3. #3403
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,024
    Trying to figure out how to rid this site of ads. Last few days it's been annoying. As in the ad is slow to load and when it does it "slides" the forum down, which can be annoying when trying to get into threads. There used to he a thread in the Feedback section that had instructions for getting rid of ads but it's gone....curiouser and curiouser...
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."


  4. #3404
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    13,011
    Taking care of a sick and grouchy Wife.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

  5. #3405
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,197
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Trying to figure out how to rid this site of ads. Last few days it's been annoying. As in the ad is slow to load and when it does it "slides" the forum down, which can be annoying when trying to get into threads. There used to he a thread in the Feedback section that had instructions for getting rid of ads but it's gone....curiouser and curiouser...
    You can have them removed by subscribing to the forum for a $2 or less monthly fee. Go to Settings, scroll down until you see Subscriptions and follow directions. I use Ad Block. I'm not sure how well it would work on a tablet or phone.
    "Do no harm, But take no crap."-- pksracy



  6. #3406
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,024
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    You can have them removed by subscribing to the forum for a $2 or less monthly fee. Go to Settings, scroll down until you see Subscriptions and follow directions. I use Ad Block. I'm not sure how well it would work on a tablet or phone.
    Looked into it, didn't seem a bad deal.... but I don't have PayPal anymore. They closed my account/shut down my profile because I never used it.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."


  7. #3407
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,197
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Looked into it, didn't seem a bad deal.... but I don't have PayPal anymore. They closed my account/shut down my profile because I never used it.
    That's too bad. Would it be worth it to open another account and pay two dollars per month subscription? That would keep PP active. Just saying. Or you could contact Mister Josh and let him know what's going on.
    "Do no harm, But take no crap."-- pksracy



  8. #3408
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,184
    Debating if I wanna subscribe to cbs all access because I really wanna see Picard, but I already subscribe to Hulu and just joined Netflix again.

  9. #3409
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,197
    Fixing to eat brunch and then start working on the crime novel. Then it's on to writing my next article.
    "Do no harm, But take no crap."-- pksracy



  10. #3410
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,024
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    That's too bad. Would it be worth it to open another account and pay two dollars per month subscription? That would keep PP active. Just saying. Or you could contact Mister Josh and let him know what's going on.
    Might. IIRC, I didn't use PayPal because they didn't accept my AMEX. I'm considering switching soon, tired of some places not taking it. I've tried to get other prepaid cards to transfer money to but I don't always plan well enough in advance because it takes 7-10 business days for it to transfer. Ain't nobody got time for that.

    Right now I'm currently trying to debate if a celebrity actually died a few hours ago. It's all over FB and Twitter, but not here. I always verify deaths here first.
    Last edited by RiaBrown; 01-26-2020 at 11:54 AM.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."


  11. #3411
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,197
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Might. IIRC, I didn't use PayPal because they didn't accept my AMEX. I'm considering switching soon, tired of some places not taking it. I've tried to get other prepaid cards to transfer money to but I don't always plan well enough in advance because it takes 7-10 business days for it to transfer. Ain't nobody got time for that.

    Right now I'm currently trying to debate if a celebrity actually died a few hours ago. It's all over FB and Twitter, but not here. I always verify deaths here first.
    It's here now and all over the net.

    Me? I just put two FB "friends" on restriction for following me around putting angry reactions and posting snide comments about my anti-Trump memes. Ria, remember that guy who accused me of listening to too much CNN? He was one of them. I'd just blocked a woman yesterday for screaming at me. What is so hard to understand about "Scroll on if you don't agree." Or just a polite apposing opinion. Sheesh.
    "Do no harm, But take no crap."-- pksracy



  12. #3412
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,024
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    It's here now and all over the net.

    Me? I just put two FB "friends" on restriction for following me around putting angry reactions and posting snide comments about my anti-Trump memes. Ria, remember that guy who accused me of listening to too much CNN? He was one of them. I'd just blocked a woman yesterday for screaming at me. What is so hard to understand about "Scroll on if you don't agree." Or just a polite apposing opinion. Sheesh.
    I remember that fucker! I'm anti-Trump too. Always have been, always will be. I hope he gets impeached, removed from office, charged, and imprisoned. THAT would "make America great again."

    I saw it's here. I was tempted to post it but wasn't sure if it had been verified yet. Wouldn't want to be the poster of "fake news."
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."


  13. #3413
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,445
    Funny thing I've noticed about the Trump fans (Trumpanzees, I've heard them called):
    Several times I've commented on news stories about being a conservative who is very opposed to Trump.
    They ALWAYS go on about, "Nice try, but you're just a liberal, a fake conservative, etc."
    It's like you can't be a conservative unless you're as gullible as they are and don't care about truth or ethical behavior.
    I've commented lately that Trump will be acquitted, but he will not be exonerated; that would require witnesses and the GOP isn't having any of that.
    So I've taken to commenting that he'll be found innocent - "that OJ kind of innocent"; then adding that at least OJ was acquitted by a jury after they heard all available evidence; so Trump won't even have that.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.



  14. #3414
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,197
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Funny thing I've noticed about the Trump fans (Trumpanzees, I've heard them called):
    Several times I've commented on news stories about being a conservative who is very opposed to Trump.
    They ALWAYS go on about, "Nice try, but you're just a liberal, a fake conservative, etc."
    It's like you can't be a conservative unless you're as gullible as they are and don't care about truth or ethical behavior.
    I've commented lately that Trump will be acquitted, but he will not be exonerated; that would require witnesses and the GOP isn't having any of that.
    So I've taken to commenting that he'll be found innocent - "that OJ kind of innocent"; then adding that at least OJ was acquitted by a jury after they heard all available evidence; so Trump won't even have that.
    Lol. You go, Jim.

    On another note. About your sig pic. I saw a meme like that on FB, except it had the devil hugged up to Trump, saying "Yes, you are the anointed." I can't find it anywhere now. Boo.
    "Do no harm, But take no crap."-- pksracy



  15. #3415
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,452
    Found it

    also this one

    Last edited by pkstracy; 01-26-2020 at 11:51 PM.
    Do no harm, But take no crap.

  16. #3416
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,197
    Thank you!
    "Do no harm, But take no crap."-- pksracy



  17. #3417
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,445
    Those are closer to the truth, I'd say.
    I'm fixing to change mine again, I thought they were funny at first but they're starting to disturb me.
    It's incredible that anybody could ever think there's anything righteous about this guy, but...
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.



  18. #3418
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,452
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Thank you!
    You're welcome, Cindy.
    Do no harm, But take no crap.

  19. #3419
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,197
    I'm fixing to nuke a late supper. I've been writing on the crime novel and didn't want to quit until I finished a chapter.
    "Do no harm, But take no crap."-- pksracy



  20. #3420
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,024
    Grey's Anatomy season 13, just finished putting groceries away, and having a vodka and Diet Dr Pepper.

    I've had a hell of a day. Despite what I vented about in the vent thread, we had a problem right at the beginning of lunch with the drink machine in lobby not working. Which meant for THREE HOURS we made ALL drinks in drive through.

    Oh AND fuckers wouldn't listen. We would TELL them the drink machine was down and to come to us at front counter for refills and they kept going to the side counter, where we call out their food orders. Which meant the person running that counter not only had to cook all the fries and fried foods (tenders, onion rings, crispy chickens for sandwiches, etc), bag up carryout orders, plate up dine in orders, AND refill people's drinks because they can't use the ears God gave them to listen.

    If they didn't ignore us about the refills they would ignore us about the machine in the first place, snatching their cups away only to come to one of the counters and whine, "The pop machine doesn't work!" Well, no shit, Sherlock. Had you LISTENED to us you would know that.

    Boss called Pepsi, who said they'd be there when they got there. *rolls eyes* 2pm rolls around and when we finally died down Pepsi shows up. 5 minutes later and they fix both the drink station in the lobby AND fixed the Diet Pepsi in drive through, it had gotten stuck and kept overflowing making a huge mess.

    To add to all of THAT fun, we were down one person on cold line (front end), one person on hot line (kitchen/grill), AND one manager was at a different store taking his ServeSafe course. So yep. I needed a stiff drink when I got home.
    Last edited by RiaBrown; 01-29-2020 at 04:34 PM.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."


  21. #3421
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,197
    Just finished working on my crime book scene chart. Fixing to read. Wait! I have to do my breathing treatment too. Boo!
    "Do no harm, But take no crap."-- pksracy



  22. #3422
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,281
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Watched The Greatest Show on Earth on Netflix, then did my devotions. Now, I'm going down for breakfast. About time, too. I've been hungry since last night. Lol.
    The Greatest show on Earth movie from 1952 ?.
    I so enjoyed Jimmy Stewart on that film.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  23. #3423
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,197
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    The Greatest show on Earth movie from 1952 ?.
    I so enjoyed Jimmy Stewart on that film.
    Yeah. It's one of my favorite movies.

    I'm replying to comments about my new article, A Monster in Human Clothing
    "Do no harm, But take no crap."-- pksracy



  24. #3424
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    13,011
    Waiting for a Mod to approve my post in the Kobe thread. ???
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

  25. #3425
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,197
    Sorry, I've been catching up with my reading while not sleeping. If it makes you feel any better, I had to approve one of my own posts as well.
    "Do no harm, But take no crap."-- pksracy



  26. #3426
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    13,011
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Sorry, I've been catching up with my reading while not sleeping. If it makes you feel any better, I had to approve one of my own posts as well.
    Yes, yes it does. I thought I might be on double secret probation or something.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

  27. #3427
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,024
    Celebrating. The Chiefs have won the Super Bowl!!!! Yes I texted my ex, a die-hard Cowboys fan, "How about them CHIEFS????" Wonder Twin, who does NOT follow "sportsball," texted me immediately to tell me we had won. I am a jinx to our boys and when I watch we lose. So I waited till we had the lead and a minute to go in the game and THEN I watched.

    *insert happy dance here*
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."


  28. #3428
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,197
    My team is the UGA Dawgs, but they weren't in it, so congrats Chiefs!

    Doing my last breathing treatment for the day. Fixing to complete my daily work schedule with reworking and charting a scene in the crime novel, then do some pleasure reading. I would love to watch the rest of Grey's new season, too. We'll see.
    "Do no harm, But take no crap."-- pksracy



  29. #3429
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,024
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    My team is the UGA Dawgs, but they weren't in it, so congrats Chiefs!
    Aren't they college ball though? As far as college ball, my team is the Missouri Tigers. Mizzou-RAH! But NFL, I've been a Chiefs fan, and Royals fan for baseball, from day one. Daddy didn't always have time to watch the games, he worked two or three jobs, but he was always a staunch supporter of our KC boys. And he taught me to be the same way. My stepdad, who I called Dad, was also a staunch supporter of our KC boys. In fact I have his specially made Royals t-shirt with his last name and the number "80" for his last major birthday bash, on the back.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."


  30. #3430
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,197
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Aren't they college ball though? As far as college ball, my team is the Missouri Tigers. Mizzou-RAH! But NFL, I've been a Chiefs fan, and Royals fan for baseball, from day one. Daddy didn't always have time to watch the games, he worked two or three jobs, but he was always a staunch supporter of our KC boys. And he taught me to be the same way. My stepdad, who I called Dad, was also a staunch supporter of our KC boys. In fact I have his specially made Royals t-shirt with his last name and the number "80" for his last major birthday bash, on the back.
    Well, duh. Yeah, they are college. Go Falcons! ROTFL.
    "Do no harm, But take no crap."-- pksracy



  31. #3431
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,197
    Trump thinks the Chiefs are a Kansas team.
    "Do no harm, But take no crap."-- pksracy



  32. #3432
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,445
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Trump thinks the Chiefs are a Kansas team.
    In his reality, they are then.
    By extension, the same goes for his followers.
    The US Senate should pass a resolution honoring all of Kansas for their spectacular, come from behind win and authorizing government funds to build a new stadium in Kansas City, Kansas. Trump can then withhold the funds until the Missouri legislature launches an investigation into everyone in Kansas who didn't vote for Trump. And let's earmark a few million to find out how we wound up with two Kansas Cities in the first place.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.



  33. #3433
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,024
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Trump thinks the Chiefs are a Kansas team.
    Screenshot_20200203-082559_Twitter.jpg
    Claire McCaskill set him straight. ROFLMAO
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."


  34. #3434
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,445
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Screenshot_20200203-082559_Twitter.jpg
    Claire McCaskill set him straight. ROFLMAO
    She'll never be invited to anything ever again.
    Maybe she and Mitt should start hanging out.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.



  35. #3435
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,024
    Right now I'm relaxing. Tomorrow is more than likely going to be a clusterfuck of a shitshow. The victory parade for the Chiefs will be tomorrow beginning at 11am Central time and going until 6pm. When the Royals won the World Series, we were insanely busy during the parade, and we look to be every bit as busy if not more so tomorrow. I'm not planning on having a chance for a break, but am planning on eating extra breakfast and taking a cereal bar for later. I'm really not supposed to skip meals due to it starting a downward spiral into eating disorder land, but it can't be helped.

    ETA: And also reveling in this bundle of cuteness born last night. Yep, Schmoo is a daddy. Introducing Jayce Nasar [Schmoo's last name], he was born at 7:21 last night. Naturally I won't refer to him on here as his name after this. I haven't yet decided what nickname I'll give him, I've been calling him Abuela's niņo precioso, which translates to Grandma's precious boy.

    20200204_223230.jpg
    Last edited by RiaBrown; 02-04-2020 at 08:32 PM.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."


  36. #3436
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,197
    Sissy and I are sick, but I managed to complete my writing schedule today in between long stays in bed.
    "Do no harm, But take no crap."-- pksracy



  37. #3437
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,024
    Awake and lying in bed having a sad. Those of you on my Facebook know what's going on, but for those of you who aren't, I'm moving in a few hours out of KC for a while. Iv was born and raised in KC, and lived in my current city just outside of KC proper since 1994.

    I quit Freddy's yesterday in a puddle of tears. Most of the people there have become my extended family, and that's where I met my best friend, my precious Wonder Twin. I'm looking to get hired on at a store in my new city. Our store is corporate, and the one where I'm going is franchise. That little fact prevents transfers, I have to quit and apply at the new store. GM C, who has had his moments, turned softie and hugged me as I left and told me to have the new GM call him for a reference and he would give me a glowing review.

    I'll still be texting Wonder Twin daily, but last night we got together for dinner for the last time for a while. When the Black Widow movie comes out in May, she says if I haven't moved back yet she'll make the two-hour trip down, but because it IS a two-hour trip one way I'm not asking her to make it regularly.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."


  38. #3438
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,197
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Awake and lying in bed having a sad. Those of you on my Facebook know what's going on, but for those of you who aren't, I'm moving in a few hours out of KC for a while. Iv was born and raised in KC, and lived in my current city just outside of KC proper since 1994.

    I quit Freddy's yesterday in a puddle of tears. Most of the people there have become my extended family, and that's where I met my best friend, my precious Wonder Twin. I'm looking to get hired on at a store in my new city. Our store is corporate, and the one where I'm going is franchise. That little fact prevents transfers, I have to quit and apply at the new store. GM C, who has had his moments, turned softie and hugged me as I left and told me to have the new GM call him for a reference and he would give me a glowing review.

    I'll still be texting Wonder Twin daily, but last night we got together for dinner for the last time for a while. When the Black Widow movie comes out in May, she says if I haven't moved back yet she'll make the two-hour trip down, but because it IS a two-hour trip one way I'm not asking her to make it regularly.
    I'm so sorry this happened, Ria. I know how you feel. Though my situation almost 8 years ago was entirely different, I know what a black feeling it is to move away from a beloved hometown. God bless and take care. You've got this.

    Me? I'm monkeying around here, fixing to work on the crime novel, while I wait for Publix to deliver my groceries, and then I'm going back to bed.
    "Do no harm, But take no crap."-- pksracy



  39. #3439
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,181
    Watching RuPaul on Saturday Night Live, and screwing around here.
    .

    Life is like a box of chocolates: unless it was sent to you by Divine.

  40. #3440
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,024
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I'm so sorry this happened, Ria. I know how you feel. Though my situation almost 8 years ago was entirely different, I know what a black feeling it is to move away from a beloved hometown. God bless and take care. You've got this.
    Thank you. I moved yesterday. Friend from church brought me down and she showed me around after we unloaded the van. I had my first Thai food and loved it so much when we got groceries, we got the fixings to make pad Thai at home.

    I'm now in a college town, home of Mizzou. My friends and roommates say I may love it here so much I'll never want to go back to KC... but my family is in KC. The downtown here though is AMAZING. Bus systems much better than Lee's Summit, once I figure out where the stop is by me.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."


  41. #3441
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,197
    Glad it's working out, Ria. I too live in a college town, Athens aka Dawg Town.

    I'm fixing to eat breakfast while reading The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. God help me. So far it's as entertaining as reading a label.
    "Do no harm, But take no crap."-- pksracy



  42. #3442
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,024
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Glad it's working out, Ria. I too live in a college town, Athens aka Dawg Town.
    Thank you. I'd been a Mizzou fan forever, one of the home state teams. Go Tigers, Mizzou-RAH! I think I could be happy here. Not sure yet if I'd want to stay permanently, but as it IS more LGBTQ-friendly than Lee's Summit/KC where I come from, I just might. Bus system is much better here, too. They have OATS that I had been riding in Lee's Summit, I just have to call and transfer my account over and the money in it transfers over, too. They have another bus system, very similar to the Metro in downtown KC but it doesn't run 24/7. It runs till 7pm Central time BUT has limited hours on Saturdays. I'm able to stay where I am for as long as I need to.

    I have been to see the Freddy's down here and I think it will be a HUGE culture shock for me. GM C in Lee's Summit tells me the stores here aren't as busy as what I'm used to. We have two stores here, one is attached to a strip mall and barely has a drive through, and the other is a standalone store like LS, but it also only has a single lane drive through. I've worked with "double drives" for almost 14 years between McDonald's and Freddy's. I won't know what to do with myself. I am keeping the option of returning to McDonald's, albeit here, open. The McDonald's here is within walking distance of where I'm staying.

    I'm hoping to get on at one of the Freddy's and impress them enough that I won't have my hours cut too much when summer hits. Here it's opposite to where I come from. In LS, we are insanely busy with the kids out of school. Here in Columbia, it dies down a LOT when the college kids go home for the summer. So that means I have a decision to make. Freddy's, that I'm used to (and already have 3 hoodies and umpteen t-shirts and jeans for) and McDonald's, that I haven't worked at in almost 4 years. I have NO black pants anymore except two pairs of fleecy, velvety pants so I'd have to buy pants or order some off Amazon Prime. The work shoes I'm ordering are black and nonslip and will work for either place. To be honest, from what GM C told me as I left LS, either store here would be proud to take me on.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."


  43. #3443
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,281
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Watching RuPaul on Saturday Night Live, and screwing around here.
    True, I so enjoy watching all the latenight shows in America.
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 02-11-2020 at 04:14 PM.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  44. #3444
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,452
    Congrats on the grandbaby Ria, and sorry you had to move and such. Right now gaming and waiting for veggie soup to get done, texting a support buddy in the IBS support group, trying to learn what I can and cannot eat, it sucks big time, having cramps in my stomach which as that is one thing that comes with IBS, just so happy it wasn't cancer, or chrons
    Do no harm, But take no crap.

  45. #3445
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,197
    Good news, pk.

    I'm working on the crime novel. I've got to do my last breathing treatment, and maybe work on the historical.
    "Do no harm, But take no crap."-- pksracy



  46. #3446
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,024
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Congrats on the grandbaby Ria, and sorry you had to move and such.
    Thank you. I was scared to move two hours from my kids and to quit my job. The town here is very accepting of LGBTQ folks. Their Pride is in August so the college students can attend, too, and it's free to get in, you just pay for any food, drinks, or souvenirs. I don't know yet if I'll go back to KC for their Pride in June. I'll play it by ear, as Momma always says.

    I applied tonight to the Freddy's here. I SAID I'd take a week off for a break then apply....but I made it 3 days. Lol! Not counting the weekend. The store I applied to not only needs someone who does what I do but also needs a supervisor and an assistant manager. I'd LIKE to get on, get promoted, and go back home already promoted so GM C won't have anything to say about it. He valued me as his best employee yes but refused to promote me. Stupid move on his part. I did apply to the McDs down here, too, to have a backup plan.

    We will see how entitled the guests/customers are here. Cost of things aren't as high as in KC. Gas was $1.99/gallon when we were out earlier tonight, back home it was well over $2. Liquor is slightly higher, as in my usual Burnett's vodka is $8.99 rather than $7.99, but I DID buy two 1.75L bottles, one Bacardi rum and the other ChiChi's piņa coladas (25 proof by itself) for about $32. I usually add the extra alcohol to the premixed, making it MUCH stronger which means I need less to feel good and sleep through the night.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."


  47. #3447
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,024
    Watching "Steel Magnolias" on cable. I haven't sat down and really WATCHED TV in so long I don't even remember when. I only follow two shows religiously, Grey's and SVU, and I watch those on Hulu on my time. (Used to have therapy on Thursdays when both shows were on and was usually in recovery mode most of the evening.) Watched Grey's as it aired, then caught the tail end of "Grease," and then found "Steel Magnolias." And for the record, this movie is where I got the phrase "know which side their bread is buttered on" to describe gay vs. straight.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."


  48. #3448
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,197
    Messing around. Praising God that my cough has calmed down and I feel better. Got a wellness check Saturday and Doc will give me antibiotics if I need them.
    "Do no harm, But take no crap."-- pksracy



  49. #3449
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,024
    In my first actual gay bar that doesn't serve food like Hamburger Mary's does, about to see my first drag show. $5 full kamikaze drinks means ya girl ain't gonna be sober long.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."


  50. #3450
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,197
    Fighting a sinus infection. Doc prescribed antibiotics, but I have to wait until Sissy gets around to getting them on Monday. Otherwise, I'm board to tears.
    "Do no harm, But take no crap."-- pksracy



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •