Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2161686970
Results 3,451 to 3,462 of 3462

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

Dang Ria gas here, is like almost four bucks a gallon. Right now about to go get some writing done, was gaming earlier.
    Do no harm, But take no crap.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Dang Ria gas here, is like almost four bucks a gallon. Right now about to go get some writing done, was gaming earlier.
    It's a bit over two bucks here. I'm revising my article, The funky Shotgun Slug Jitterbug, with an eye toward publishing tomorrow.
    "Do no harm, But take no crap."-- pksracy

I need to catch up on your blog cindy, I have been slacking but what I have read I enjoy it.
    Do no harm, But take no crap.

I need to catch up on your blog cindy, I have been slacking but what I have read I enjoy it.
    Thank you!

I've been reading and replying to comments and messages about my latest article. Fixing to eat a late lunch and watch Grey's.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    It's a bit over two bucks here. I'm revising my article, The funky Shotgun Slug Jitterbug, with an eye toward publishing tomorrow.
    Cost of living here is actually lower than in KC. Groceries are roughly the same, liquor is slightly higher, but rent is insanely cheaper. I looked around online just to see what I'd be looking at rent-wise. I found quite a few two bedroom apartments for $500/month or less. One bedroom apartments are even cheaper. And that's WITHOUT Section 8 or low income housing assistance.

If I took a two bedroom and a roommate I could pay next to nothing, but I probably would live alone and keep the second room for Miss E when she comes to visit. She's stayed back home with her dad, but will spend some time with me over each school break. It's 2 hours each way so I don't demand to get her on weekends.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

Right now? Not sleeping. Fell asleep Saturday night after dinner, around 6pm or so Central time, and slept till past midnight. My sleep schedule is officially cattywhompus. Yay. And no. I'm not helping by drinking. (We are going to a deep discount store next weekend and I hope to score deals on liquor and other foods I'll eat.) I asked my roommate A to take me to Freddy's here tomorrow before 11 but after 2 so I can fill out an application in person. And yes. I'm planning on waltzing in there in one of my many Freddy's hoodies. And I plan on telling the GM there exactly where I worked for the last 3-1/2 years.

Good luck, Ria.

Fixing to nuke breakfast.

Ya girl got the job. I went in wearing jeans and one of my Freddy's hoodies, looking like an employee already. And get this, I'll get a raise. I was worried about keeping my rate of pay I was making, $10.50/hour, but the manager offered $11/hour. I'm sure my face was priceless. I won't need training or shirts.

WTG, Ria!

I'm taking a breathing treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Ya girl got the job. I went in wearing jeans and one of my Freddy's hoodies, looking like an employee already. And get this, I'll get a raise. I was worried about keeping my rate of pay I was making, $10.50/hour, but the manager offered $11/hour. I'm sure my face was priceless. I won't need training or shirts.
    Congrats, Ria!
    Glad things are working out well.
    That cost of living situation has me thinking maybe a change of locale isn't such a bad idea...
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Congrats, Ria!
    Glad things are working out well.
    That cost of living situation has me thinking maybe a change of locale isn't such a bad idea...
    Thanks everyone! I didn't go up there earlier because the flu has been prancing through this house. First roommate A, then roommate K, and now their daughter Little K. Only two unscathed is me and roommate J. We stick to our rooms, only coming out for bathroom and meals.

Difference in cost of living is insane. Rent is $200-300 or more cheaper than KC and LS, and that's without section 8 or low income housing assistance. Maybe that's because this is a college town, I don't know. Gas is slightly cheaper, some grocery stuff at Walmart is cheaper. I've averaged about $60 per week for grocery orders since I came here, but then I'm also not buying groceries for Miss E as she stayed with her dad.

Fixing to take a nap.