Page 74 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2565727374757683 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,700 of 4745

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

Cindy, really I got it for 1.99 right after I posted the message about it being such, that is odd they would change the price that quickly. I just looked and yep it's 1.99 Cindy if they charged you 7.99 for kindle edition you need to let them know. https://www.amazon.com/Closing-Time-...s%2C216&sr=8-1 Right now getting everything set up on my new laptop as I type here to you guys on it. So far so great.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 05-29-2020 at 03:53 PM.

Waiting on dinner delivery. Conversation with my Uber driver tonight left me craving BBQ....and due to a major fuckup by Chili's when I ordered Door Dash, I got an $8 credit toward my food so I got ribs coming. I think that's what I ordered...I forgot already. Lol.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Testing out my free new WiFi. Free for two months, no equipment or set up fees, no contract, and no activation fees because I work at a school, and the only way to work with students right now is online. Students get that free as well. It's a national deal. I'm not gonna say the company's name because I'm not gonna advertise for any company on the forum. However, if someone is in need of free WiFi and works with students or is a student, he or she would be wise to search online for major Internet service provider press releases offering this type of deal. The self-install option isn't rocket science either. That's what I went with.

Now I'm about a half hour from falling asleep. 'Nite folks!

Just got up. I've taken to sleeping at night with a nap during the day. It won't last, but whatever. I'll take sleep whenever it comes. Right now, I'm waiting for Sissy to get up and go for our breakfast so I can order my groceries from Publix and get on today's first writing session.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Looking for salt and pepper packets on the internet. Ate at a full service restaurant for the first time since early March. No S&P on the table.. I get that. Asked for lemon for my fish. They aren't allowed to give it to you. I get it. They did, however bring me a plate full of salt. Poor servers. Take your salt, pepper, and possibly lemon with you! Also prices were a third to a half higher.. A small cut of beef at the grocery is 20+ dollars. I get it. BE KIND please to the servers!

Why aren't they allowed to give you lemon, but can give you a plate full of salt?

Yes. The lemon had to be hand cut.. The salt poured from the container..

It might seem absurd, but I get the lemon and salt thing.

I just finished binge watching some episodes of Schitt'$ Creek. Hilarious!...as the asshole upstairs gets a lecture from one of the managers who just moved in next door to him and can now hear everything he's been up to in his efforts to annoy the rest of us. Oops.

Finished the second writing session. I'm either going to bed or watching SVU while eating butter pecan ice cream. Hmmmm....
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Drinking and watching Sandra Valls' Playroom Karaoke on Facebook Live. And going to enjoy having the next two days off in a row.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    It might seem absurd, but I get the lemon and salt thing.

I just finished binge watching some episodes of Schitt'$ Creek. Hilarious!...as the asshole upstairs gets a lecture from one of the managers who just moved in next door to him and can now hear everything he's been up to in his efforts to annoy the rest of us. Oops.
    Wow.
    That couldn't have worked out better if you had planned it.

I do not get the lemon and salt thing.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Wow.

It's because the lemons are usually hand cut. At Freddy's we have a cutter, but we still have to handle the lemons to put them in and cut them. If you had one of those apple corer/slicers, that's basically what this is only it has a spot for the lemon to sit and the "guillotine" that you slam down on it and it cuts the lemon into 8 wedges. We wear gloves when doing prep ALL the time, but we still have to touch the lemon. We also have salt and pepper in packets that we give out. But we always had those for drive-through and carryout orders.

ETA: Since the pandemic we've been doing things VERY differently. For starters we don't allow the guests to get their own drinks, we get it for them. We also don't have the fry sauce and catsup pumps out, we also give that to them. We give out the prepackaged fry sauce from drive-through, and pre-portion our own spicy fry sauce, and give catsup packets. Also salt, pepper, mayo, mustard, relish, sugar, Equal, Splenda, Sweet 'N Low, all of that.

People have been getting pissy that we don't have the catsup pumps up and swear that the pump and packets taste different. Same Heinz catsup. Same thing with the fry sauce. We stopped making fry sauce in-house I think two years ago? Now, the prepackaged fry sauce and the fry sauce in the pumps is THE EXACT SAME. The same company that makes the cups of fry sauce puts that stuff in a bag and sends it to us. We open a bag into the pan for the pump. To make the spicy, we add a packet of spicy seasoning to it. That's it. It is the same exact stuff.
    Last edited by RiaBrown; 05-30-2020 at 08:12 PM.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    It's because the lemons are usually hand cut. At Freddy's we have a cutter, but we still have to handle the lemons to put them in and cut them. If you had one of those apple corer/slicers, that's basically what this is only it has a spot for the lemon to sit and the "guillotine" that you slam down on it and it cuts the lemon into 8 wedges. We wear gloves when doing prep ALL the time, but we still have to touch the lemon.
    So it's sort of like one of those old time Veg-O-Matic slicers where you could slice a whole big potato into slices or wedges with a single stroke.
    But with lemons.

Why is touching the lemon a problem?
    Y'all do wash your gloves, right?

So it's sort of like one of those old time Veg-O-Matic slicers where you could slice a whole big potato into slices or wedges with a single stroke.
    But with lemons.

Why is touching the lemon a problem?
    Y'all do wash your gloves, right?
    *facepalm* You don't wash gloves. You change them for every task. You put gloves on, cut lemons, take the gloves off, put NEW ones on, do portioned cookie dough, take the gloves off, get ANOTHER pair of new gloves, put crushed Oreo in a pan, etc. We're supposed to wear gloves when we handle the food, but when we gather what we need for prep in the morning, we may not be wearing gloves. Of course, we wash the lemons off in fruit-and-veggie wash before cutting and serving to guests, but we don't know if that protects guests from Covid. If someone is infected, but asymptomatic, and touches lemons without a glove on, will they pass it on to the guests, even though the lemons have been washed? We don't know. We'd rather be safe than sorry.

And when they started making us wear gloves ALL the time and change them between guests....well let's just say that we got a shipment of gloves in on this last truck that wasn't our usual brand and they're VERY different. I normally wear medium gloves on a normal, non-pandemic day because I have short fingers. But as I have had to change gloves between each guest, my hands had been sweating and swelling so I upped my gloves to large. Even though they're too long in the fingers. The off-brand runs even smaller, so I don't know if I'll be able to wear large, I may have to up it to extra large.

This whole situation is just crazy. So much fear over a disease, and believe me I'm following all the precautions. I wear a mask at work and gloves all the time like our current policy dictates, and I wear a mask when necessary in public. But it's the Karens, the entitled who think they're above getting Covid and agree with Lord Dampnut that we should sacrifice our elderly and our already-sick so they can go out without masks and risk infecting others that drive me INSANE.

"I just go here!"

Wow.

...or if a person knew it was coming when that assistant manager and her daughter told me they were moving in next door to him while we were in the laundry room last week. He can't deal with the fact that management bought me a white noise machine that blocks his noise out. When I turn it on, he blasts the bass really loud. Just boom boom boom all day long. No you may not, so I turn it up a tiny bit and he loses it. Everyone with an adjoining wall to him complained except me. I was in the shower. It was blissfully quiet when I got out except for him trying to argue with management up there.

We have two on-site managers now because there's too much work for one person. Both of their jobs are mainly to fix things and handle the small stuff. We have a property manager around the corner to handle paperwork and such as required by state law. Well, that dude upstairs got handled by two out of three today. No doubt the usual report will be filed, and the property manager will also get involved.

This has been going on for about a year. He's like a sneaky little kid in a 65 year-old body is how he's gotten away with it for so long. My mom and I both noticed that he gets off on thinking he's getting away with something. That's why it didn't take much to set him up to get caught. The guy's behavior reminds me of Scott's old sig line here: Be careful what you wish for, for you may surely get it. Attention? It's all yours now, buddy.

*facepalm* You don't wash gloves. You change them for every task. You put gloves on, cut lemons, take the gloves off, put NEW ones on, do portioned cookie dough, take the gloves off, get ANOTHER pair of new gloves, put crushed Oreo in a pan, etc. We're supposed to wear gloves when we handle the food, but when we gather what we need for prep in the morning, we may not be wearing gloves. Of course, we wash the lemons off in fruit-and-veggie wash before cutting and serving to guests, but we don't know if that protects guests from Covid. If someone is infected, but asymptomatic, and touches lemons without a glove on, will they pass it on to the guests, even though the lemons have been washed? We don't know. We'd rather be safe than sorry.

And when they started making us wear gloves ALL the time and change them between guests....well let's just say that we got a shipment of gloves in on this last truck that wasn't our usual brand and they're VERY different. I normally wear medium gloves on a normal, non-pandemic day because I have short fingers. But as I have had to change gloves between each guest, my hands had been sweating and swelling so I upped my gloves to large. Even though they're too long in the fingers. The off-brand runs even smaller, so I don't know if I'll be able to wear large, I may have to up it to extra large.

This whole situation is just crazy. So much fear over a disease, and believe me I'm following all the precautions. I wear a mask at work and gloves all the time like our current policy dictates, and I wear a mask when necessary in public. But it's the Karens, the entitled who think they're above getting Covid and agree with Lord Dampnut that we should sacrifice our elderly and our already-sick so they can go out without masks and risk infecting others that drive me INSANE.
    It is crazy.
    I only wear a mask if I have to go into some place where they are required - I think I've put one on twice.
    Both times were last weekend in my old hometown that has a city-wide mask ordinance.
    I put one on, went into Target, and saw that at least 50% of the people in there were not wearing one.

Starting tomorrow, I have to wear one at work.

I might have something that will help with all that back and forth food handling and what not - just find one pair of gloves that fit well, that's got to be more comfortable and make it easier to handle the food.

Then just wash them instead of changing out of them.
    Problem solved!

...or if a person knew it was coming when that assistant manager and her daughter told me they were moving in next door to him while we were in the laundry room last week. He can't deal with the fact that management bought me a white noise machine that blocks his noise out. When I turn it on, he blasts the bass really loud. Just boom boom boom all day long. No you may not, so I turn it up a tiny bit and he loses it. Everyone with an adjoining wall to him complained except me. I was in the shower. It was blissfully quiet when I got out except for him trying to argue with management up there.

We have two on-site managers now because there's too much work for one person. Both of their jobs are mainly to fix things and handle the small stuff. We have a property manager around the corner to handle paperwork and such as required by state law. Well, that dude upstairs got handled by two out of three today. No doubt the usual report will be filed, and the property manager will also get involved.

This has been going on for about a year. He's like a sneaky little kid in a 65 year-old body is how he's gotten away with it for so long. My mom and I both noticed that he gets off on thinking he's getting away with something. That's why it didn't take much to set him up to get caught. The guy's behavior reminds me of Scott's old sig line here: Be careful what you wish for, for you may surely get it. Attention? It's all yours now, buddy.
    Feeling kind of sneaky, are you?
    Inconsiderate neighbors suck; I hope the new arrangement gives you some relief from him, and gives him a lesson in acceptable behavior.

No, washing the gloves causes the latex to deteriorate. That's one of the things you learn in your course for your food handler's permit, which you have to have to even clock in at a restaurant. I had one from my old county but naturally had to get a new one. Here they don't do them online, here it's an in-person course and test and your permit is an actual card like a driver's license.

"I just go here!"

No, washing the gloves causes the latex to deteriorate. That's one of the things you learn in your course for your food handler's permit, which you have to have to even clock in at a restaurant. I had one from my old county but naturally had to get a new one. Here they don't do them online, here it's an in-person course and test and your permit is an actual card like a driver's license.
    Interesting.
    I had to get a "health department card" many years ago when I worked in a store that sold some prepared foods.
    it was really just getting a TB skin test, if you weren't positive for TB, then you got the card.

You should maybe talk to the manager about getting some gloves that will hold up under frequent washing.
    That way, you could wash your gloves, a lot.
    It sounds like that would solve some problems both real and imagined.

And it would probably make you real popular too.
    Like "Employee of the Month" kind of popular.

The latter is how I got mine for my first job over 40 years ago. It was like driver's ed. Watch some films "Blood on the Knifeway," "Hairnets for Harriet and Caps for Chaps", listen to a lecture, take a couple tests, and get a little yellow card with your name and your card's expiration date typed on it. It used to have to be renewed every ten years. Later, when I was a chef, I got another one, same thing, but it was good for five years.

It just took that one nudge, Jim, and it was glorious!

Right now, I'm reading stuff here because it's more fun than filling out forms for work that are due tomorrow, and I finished half an hour ago. Also, that guy got busted again, about an hour ago, by one of the managers as he was making his alarmist rounds I just discussed in another thread. I didn't know until he mentioned it. I have the white noise machine on and couldn't hear it. Glorious nonetheless.

Right now I'm about to clock on at work. They're blocking off entrances to stores around my job for protestors/rioters. I managed to get in to work okay so now we see what the day holds.

"I just go here!"

Right now I'm about to clock on at work. They're blocking off entrances to stores around my job for protestors/rioters. I managed to get in to work okay so now we see what the day holds.
    Take care.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Take care.
    So far we seem safe here. BUT I thought we would have an easy day if stuff over here is blocked off. NO. The Karens are out in full force. I almost choked one who had a $50 order in SEVEN SEPARATE BAGS. And wanted to repeat the whole effing order, jumping all over the effing thing, eleventeen times and treated me like I was stupid. FUCK no. THEN got pissy because we don't mark the burgers. THEN demanded 5 large cups full of ice with straws in a drink holder. I gave her 5 mediums and told her that was the best I could do, we were having trouble keeping things in stock. Which is true. Our supplier has been having trouble keeping stuff in stock. Right now we are out of teaspoons for large concretes and sundaes and I'm not sure what else.

"I just go here!"

So far we seem safe here. BUT I thought we would have an easy day if stuff over here is blocked off. NO. The Karens are out in full force. I almost choked one who had a $50 order in SEVEN SEPARATE BAGS. And wanted to repeat the whole effing order, jumping all over the effing thing, eleventeen times and treated me like I was stupid. FUCK no. THEN got pissy because we don't mark the burgers. THEN demanded 5 large cups full of ice with straws in a drink holder. I gave her 5 mediums and told her that was the best I could do, we were having trouble keeping things in stock. Which is true. Our supplier has been having trouble keeping stuff in stock. Right now we are out of teaspoons for large concretes and sundaes and I'm not sure what else.
    She was probably just a little distrustful because she never saw you wash your gloves.
    But look - being there near the protests and such, I'm surprised ya'll aren't busy as hell - you can work up a real appetite protesting, but it's the looters and rioters who really get hungry:

Researching baby bunnies.
    Yesterday the dog found a bunny nest. I yelled at him and he cowered back to the house. When I went to check it out I found one baby full of slobber but otherwise looked ok, and another that was dry but a little ways away from the nest. I scooped them both up and put them back in their nest. These are tiny babies, like MAYBE a week old.
    I’ve been watching the nest to see if mama has been around. Tonight the nest was full of flies. I read that mama won’t abandon the nest if it’s been bothered. So, worried that the one the dog had was dead, I decided to check it out. That baby was dead and still in the nest. Hubby thinks that if mama had been there taking care of them that she would have takes the dead on out.
    I’m really not sure what to do... I don’t want to wait to long to see if mama is coming around and have them all die, but I also don’t wanna rescue them if they don’t need rescuing......

Check this out for how to tell if mom is coming back to feed the babies:

https://www.torontowildlifecentre.co...its-disturbed/

Aside from that, do you have any kind of wild animal rescue organization or a Department of Wildlife nearby?

Check this out for how to tell if mom is coming back to feed the babies:

https://www.torontowildlifecentre.co...its-disturbed/

Aside from that, do you have any kind of wild animal rescue organization or a Department of Wildlife nearby?
    It wouldn’t let me look at your website, but I found a different website. They told me to leave some cross crossed sticks on top of it and if mama comes back she’s move the sticks and you can tell she’s been there. This morning the sticks were still there, and before we could go get the milk supplement to try and rescue them the dog got them. 😭😭
    He’s grounded. 😡😡

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMonkey719 View Post
    It wouldn’t let me look at your website, but I found a different website. They told me to leave some cross crossed sticks on top of it and if mama comes back she’s move the sticks and you can tell she’s been there. This morning the sticks were still there, and before we could go get the milk supplement to try and rescue them the dog got them. 
    He’s grounded. 
    Sorry to hear.
    I bet he's probably looking remorseful, but inside he might be thinking that it's been just the best kind of day.

She was probably just a little distrustful because she never saw you wash your gloves.
    But look - being there near the protests and such, I'm surprised ya'll aren't busy as hell - you can work up a real appetite protesting, but it's the looters and rioters who really get hungry:

like so many other people I so enjoyed his
    early films.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Working on my A Deadly Spill of Scarlet crime novel scene chart.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I'm sorry, Woody Allen will always be a pedophile to me, so no, I don't support his films.

I just got off a Zoom call with my favorite Kansas City Lesbians. I'm quite drunk because I've almost consumed an entire bottle of vodka PLUS 2 shots or so.

"I just go here!"

I'm sorry, Woody Allen will always be a pedophile to me, so no, I don't support his films.

I just got off a Zoom call with my favorite Kansas City Lesbians. I'm quite drunk because I've almost consumed an entire bottle of vodka PLUS 2 shots or so.
    My apologies for that post then, sorry.

I hope that wasn't a bad bottle of vodka because I got a bad bottle of Crown Royal once.
    Drank the bottle, next day I had a headache and felt like crap for hours; wrote them a letter of complaint and they sent me a bottle of aspirin.

My apologies for that post then, sorry.

I hope that wasn't a bad bottle of vodka because I got a bad bottle of Crown Royal once.
    Drank the bottle, next day I had a headache and felt like crap for hours; wrote them a letter of complaint and they sent me a bottle of aspirin.
    The vodka was quite tasty mixed half and half with my diet soda. My roommate and I hit up HyVee after I got off work yesterday and got 7 six-packs of soda EACH for $10. I got 5 of Diet Dr Pepper, and 2 regular for my other roommate. One of the ones she got was cream soda Dr Pepper (which they should make in diet too) and I introduced her to whipped cream vodka in soda. Lol, she loved it.

I did wake up around 8am with a massive headache, but after some soda and another four hours of sleep I was fine.

"I just go here!"

Working on a mask for myself and watching Season 11 of Grey's Anatomy. Once I finish this one I'm going to make a couple for Miss E. I want to have them done when she comes to visit Saturday after next. I can't wait to see her. K will pick me up from work at the usual time that Saturday and we will head straight to KC to get Miss E, she'll stay Saturday and Sunday nights, and we'll take her home Monday afternoon. I miss my baby girl. I'm hoping to get my hands on my grandson, too, when we pick her up....he needs snuggles and cuddles from his abuela.

"I just go here!"

My granddaughter's a teenager now, and she still needs them. I think we all do at times.

My mom lives next door and gives the best hugs. She was telling me today about how I looked when I was four, and left for kindergarten. Hair done just so, a little bow in it, flouncy little dress, etc. Then I'd come home hair a mess, the bow was sometimes in my hair..somewhere, dress and face a mess. What can I say? Recess was my thing. I already knew how to read at a third grade level when I got there.

We had recess three times a day. My granddaughter said they did too at her school. We're both counting lunch in there. Mine was an hour. Hers was a half an hour.

I heard on NPR today that when schools reopen in fall, every child will be issued one ball and must stay at least six feet away from anyone else while playing (Insert inappropriate uniball joke here). Playing what? How to be sad while holding a ball? I'm thinking it'll be more like a free for all of dodge ball because kids are not into standing in one place for fifteen minutes, and bouncing a ball on the ground for 15 minutes three times a day. That's too monotonously absurd an activity for even adults to engage in three times a day, five days a week. Perhaps toss the ball over the fence to be able to sneak out and get it will also be on the agenda.

My granddaughter's a teenager now, and she still needs them. I think we all do at times.

My mom lives next door and gives the best hugs. She was telling me today about how I looked when I was four, and left for kindergarten. Hair done just so, a little bow in it, flouncy little dress, etc. Then I'd come home hair a mess, the bow was sometimes in my hair..somewhere, dress and face a mess. What can I say? Recess was my thing. I already knew how to read at a third grade level when I got there.
    I know I still need cuddles and snuggles, and nobody gives them better than my Wonder Twin. Hugs, cuddles, strokes what hair I have. (I keep my hair cut short because it makes me look gay. LOL)

I, too, was reading by 4. My daddy would take me on his lap every Sunday and read the comics to me. Around age 4, I turned the tables and read them back to him. Once I figured out the correlation between squiggles on the page, letters of the alphabet, and the sounds they made I took off with reading and when I entered kindergarten at 6, I was already reading chapter books.

Right now I just finished some tacos, chips, and salsa from a place called Fuzzy's Tacos here in Columbia. There's a few across Missouri and Kansas, and I had never had them before. I'd been editing a story for Wonder Twin, she wrote her own story based on MIB but with her own twist.

Ended up being 48 pages after I edited. I'd enlarged the font, and then added spaces between each paragraph, started new paragraphs when a new character spoke, and fixed minor spelling and grammar errors. She admits spelling and grammar aren't her strong suits, but making up the stories IS. I told her that's why we're wonder twins, grammar and spelling ARE my strong suits. And offered to help her edit. And now I'm in a writing mood and will probably pull up my novel and work on it.

"I just go here!"

Just finished writing and editing for the day. Made my AW writing report and hung out on the forum for a bit. Now, I'm going to bed. Nite.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Keeping an eye peeled on my grocery order's progress, specifically messages from Instacarte. They have Sissy's number, but if they ask her if I want to exchange one thing for another, she always says "No." Always. Gah. So I stay with the site back and forth from surfing.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Dealing with a stomach issue, I am either having an IBS flare up or I have a stomach virus. ugh my tummy feels shredded, and all I can manage is dry toast, crackers, and sips of water and Gatorade. I'll try making some rice later with a bit of broth and then sleep.

Hope you get to feeling better soon, pk.

I don't feel so hot myself. I think I got too hot under my blanket during nap time. Fixing to do my afternoon breathing treatment and then start round 1 of my writing/editing for today.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Keeping an eye peeled on my grocery order's progress, specifically messages from Instacarte. They have Sissy's number, but if they ask her if I want to exchange one thing for another, she always says "No." Always. Gah. So I stay with the site back and forth from surfing.
    For me, I feel the need to go and pick out my grocery stuff
    myself one reason because of the fruit and vegetable things.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    For me, I feel the need to go and pick out my grocery stuff
    myself one reason because of the fruit and vegetable things.
    I feel the same way, but I have no other choice. I haven't had too many problems. Just over ripe bananas, crushed drumstick ice cream, and they forgot my black pepper one week, which they replaced. At least I can buy whatever I want instead of depending on Sissy to pick out either her choice, or something cheaper than my usual brand. She once refused to buy chicken salad because it cost too much. Ditto some brand name stain remover other than SHOUT. It was the pits.

Just finished my last writing session. I'm going to eat a Klondike and watch L&O SVU.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

After editing Wonder Twin's story, I got the writing bug again. I've been working on my novel all evening and I'm on page 74 now, so I've written ten pages tonight. I'd finally found the current saved copy on my Google Drive that was 64 pages long, downloaded it, and took off running. I just put it aside to watch some Netflix before bed. Drinking because dammit the effers have driven me to it....

"I just go here!"

Just finished my birthday luncheon. Rotisserie chicken, fried okra, baked potato, and Hawaiian roll. Don't have room for the strawberry shortcake. I'll eat it after my first editing session or after my birthday dinner, which Sissy will cook when she gets off work. Either spaghetti or pork chops and potatoes.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just finished my birthday luncheon. Rotisserie chicken, fried okra, baked potato, and Hawaiian roll. Don't have room for the strawberry shortcake. I'll eat it after my first editing session or after my birthday dinner, which Sissy will cook when she gets off work. Either spaghetti or pork chops and potatoes.
    Happy Birthday, Cindy.
    Dang - I'm hungry now.

Happy Birthday, Cindy.
    Dang - I'm hungry now.
    Thanks, Jim.

Finished the second session of writing. Next up--unless I skip it for today--is updating another chapter on my scene chart.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Cindy Happy late birthday!, I feel better thank you, right now I am laying with my left foot propped up, hubby and I were putting risers under our couch as some reason, whomever, took it to Goodwill, didn't bring the legs, anyway, a week prior I had broken a glass candle, and thought I swept up all the pieces, and well I stepped on one, it got embedded in my foot, blood going everywhere, thankfully our new neighbor was home, who is a nurse, she came over, went back got her medical supply bag and dug out the glass and gave me three stitches on the bottom of my foot, in the heel area, and tapped and wrapped it up for me, it went in deep, hurt like a bitch as she didn't have anything to numb my foot with, I almost passed out. Lucky that my tetanus shot is up to date, she contacted the dr she works for told him what happened and he sent over some antibiotic samples, and something to soak and wash my foot in at night as well as more bandages, no charge.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 06-12-2020 at 04:23 PM.

Happy belated birthday .

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Cindy Happy late birthday!, I feel better thank you, right now I am laying with my left foot propped up, hubby and I were putting risers under our couch as some reason, whomever, took it to Goodwill, didn't bring the legs, anyway, a week prior I had broken a glass candle, and thought I swept up all the pieces, and well I stepped on one, it got embedded in my foot, blood going everywhere, thankfully our new neighbor was home, who is a nurse, she came over, went back got her medical supply bag and dug out the glass and gave me three stitches on the bottom of my foot, in the heel area, and tapped and wrapped it up for me, it went in deep, hurt like a bitch as she didn't have anything to numb my foot with, I almost passed out. Lucky that my tetanus shot is up to date, she contacted the dr she works for told him what happened and he sent over some antibiotic samples, and something to soak and wash my foot in at night as well as more bandages, no charge.
    Yikes, pk! That does sound painfull.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Happy belated birthday .
    Thanks for the birthday wishes, y'all!

What am I doing? Waiting for Sissy to call me about her oldest daughter Karen. Sissy went over to keep all the boys so Brittany and her husband could rush Karen to the ER. She thinks she has a blood clot in her leg.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

It was Cindy and still is, I hope Karen is okay.

Happy belated birthday, Cindy!

I'm currently drinking whipped cream vodka and Diet Coke and watching Sandra Valls' Playroom Karaoke she and her sister host on FB Live every Saturday night. I missed last week due to a Zoom conference with my favorite lesbians in KC, and I'll miss next week due to a visit from Miss E. We may or may not be en route home at 7pm Central time. Plus they do older songs that Miss E isn't fond of. ROFL.

I managed to wrangle a three-day weekend next weekend to spend with her. I had mentioned at work that she was coming for a visit and how excited I was to see her. I'd fit her visit around work because it was too short notice to request it off. So I was shocked with AM T called me when I got home from work last night and offered me Saturday off. She said she had plenty of people scheduled and if I wanted off to spend with Miss E, I could have it. I said YES.

Of course I offered to take Miss E to my Freddy's for her favorite chocolate chip cookie dough concrete (with a long spoon) and so she could meet some of the people I work with and put some of the names to the faces. She asked for food, and announced she was a "growing carrot." ROFLMAO. So I guess she now identifies as a carrot? I don't know what I'm going to do with my kids. Just love them, I guess.

AM L, who gets hours of amusement at my inability to reach anything, asked me of my daughter was as tall as I was. When I said yes, he said, "So, she's the 'short and the furious,' too?" I said yep, she's "2.0." GM M calls me "half of 007, .0035" because I make half-cut teas and Arnold Palmers "shaken, not stirred."

"I just go here!"