Page 68 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1959666768697077 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,400 of 4745

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

Lying around, being a lump, tired from having my ass handed to me at work. We did just over $5K from the time we opened at 10:30 until a manager checked at 4pm. Roughly $1K per hour. For 5 hours. Straight. I opened and didn't go on break until damn near 3pm when I usually go between 1 and 2. I open Monday though Friday meaning I clock on at 9am.

One kid asked me around 1pm when I was going on break and how long a break I was taking. Uh no. I said, "We're busy. A break is the last thing on my mind right now, but since I've got a trainee today I'm taking at LEAST a 30-minute break to go over the training book with her." I took over Wonder Twin's trainee today and probably tomorrow, too.

Boss should make me a trainer since we now have no daytime trainers. But he won't because he's stupid. Wonder Twin told me it's because I'm headstrong and resistant to change. I've done things a certain way for almost 4 years. I'm a creature of habit. Being headstrong just means I take no shit off nobody. And I'm proud of that.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Dang Ria you guys were busy. As for me am trying to get warm its chilly here in Cali tonight and we had four days of rain, unusual this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Lying around, being a lump, tired from having my ass handed to me at work. We did just over $5K from the time we opened at 10:30 until a manager checked at 4pm. Roughly $1K per hour. For 5 hours. Straight. I opened and didn't go on break until damn near 3pm when I usually go between 1 and 2. I open Monday though Friday meaning I clock on at 9am.

One kid asked me around 1pm when I was going on break and how long a break I was taking. Uh no. I said, "We're busy. A break is the last thing on my mind right now, but since I've got a trainee today I'm taking at LEAST a 30-minute break to go over the training book with her." I took over Wonder Twin's trainee today and probably tomorrow, too.

Boss should make me a trainer since we now have no daytime trainers. But he won't because he's stupid. Wonder Twin told me it's because I'm headstrong and resistant to change. I've done things a certain way for almost 4 years. I'm a creature of habit. Being headstrong just means I take no shit off nobody. And I'm proud of that.
    5 grand is a lot of fast food, y'all were hopping.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Dang Ria you guys were busy. As for me am trying to get warm its chilly here in Cali tonight and we had four days of rain, unusual this time of year.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    5 grand is a lot of fast food, y'all were hopping.
    We were. And we were just as busy yesterday, too. I'm glad for a weekend off and glad for a date later with this girl I've been seeing and talking to all week.... *blushes*

"I just go here!"

Just finished working on the historical publishing format. I hope to get it out via my blog as early next year as I can. The blog is set on private and it free for anyone who wants to read it.

Fixing to start drafting new words on the crime novel.

I'll be glad when this fucking year is over. Christmas was a nightmare. Don't ask.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

We were. And we were just as busy yesterday, too. I'm glad for a weekend off and glad for a date later with this girl I've been seeing and talking to all week.... *blushes*
    Ria, I hope the date goes well. Cindy I am sorry that your Christmas was awful, everyone got presents but me, that's because I guess whomever got mine didn't order them in time or did but didn't order via prime and instead ordered from other sellers on Amazon, it's just some books I want but still..so they will be here sometime in Jan.

Date went REALLY well. We went to a Chinese place for dinner then sat in Starbucks for a couple of hours, nursing coffees and talking. Then sat in her car for another hour and talked some more. She didn't lay a hand on me sexually. We've hugged, cuddled, and kissed but not gone beyond that. Which is good for me. Move slow. Y'all, I'm falling.

"I just go here!"

Just reading a book about the famous writer:Kurt Vonnegut.
    Slaughterhouse five(among many others)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Sitting here at my brother in laws house while he and my hubby and family friend and nephew are playing dungeons and dragons, modding and about to get back to work on putting together a victim list of the Cocoanut Grove Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Just reading a book about the famous writer:Kurt Vonnegut.
    Slaughterhouse five(among many others)
    My favorite author.
    I think I've read everything he did, including some previously unpublished stories released after his death.
    Slaughterhouse Five in part drew upon Vonnegut's experiences as a survivor of the allied firebombing of Dresden in WWII.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Just finished tonight's writing session.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching "Madea's Family Reunion," being a lump, and trying to nail down plans for New Year's. Girl I'm seeing has her daughter that night so I'm probably going to stay home and have a few drinks alone. She says she's thinking about having a get together at her place and if she does I may go, but since I don't drive she would have to come pick me up and bring me home.

"I just go here!"

Ria I am so glad your date went so well.

Ria I am so glad your date went so well.
    Thanks. *blushing* It was actually our second date. She's great, thinks I'm cute, and finds it adorable that I turn shy when she compliments me. If I don't see her New Year's I'll see her Saturday. She's perfect for me, she doesn't want to bring sex into the relationship until we are both ready. I'm up front and honest and told her that I'm a survivor. She said she understands and will go as slow as I need her to. Which is great because this is my first relationship with a woman, and my first foray into dating since Hubs.

"I just go here!"

That's great Ria!!! Am happy for you, as for me just waking up trying to get warm, sunny warm California my ass. It's freezing here, which as hubby said my blood got thinner as it's not as humid here as it is in the midwest and south so here 40-60s feel like 20-30 degree weather, plus we have had a lot of rain this month. Not sure what I am going to do today, other than work out going to get on an exercise and eating routine to get my ass healthy and in shape and try to stick with it.

Congrats Ria, hope you get everything you wish for in 2020

Taking a break from writing on my crime novel.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Thanks guys. *blushes* I'm happy. Hubs met her...we kinda bumped into him when we were out and about...he isn't thrilled. She's trans and he's transphobic and homophobic towards gay men. Oh, well. I really don't care what he thinks about it. She makes me happy.

Right now I'm wondering what happened to the option to have a pic in your siggy....I stumbled across one on FB that is PERFECT for me:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1577761753241.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	54908

"I just go here!"

Thanks guys. *blushes* I'm happy. Hubs met her...we kinda bumped into him when we were out and about...he isn't thrilled. She's trans and he's transphobic and homophobic towards gay men. Oh, well. I really don't care what he thinks about it. She makes me happy.

Right now I'm wondering what happened to the option to have a pic in your siggy....I stumbled across one on FB that is PERFECT for me:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1577761753241.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	54908
    I reported it to Mister Josh.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I reported it to Mister Josh.
    Thank you much, Cindy. That pic is ME. ROFL

"I just go here!"

You're very welcome!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Thank you much, Cindy. That pic is ME. ROFL

Go to Edit Signature

Scroll down until you see the two options to add an image to your siggy.

1. Image address
    2. File Upload--upload the image and follow instructions.
    Last edited by cindyt; 12-31-2019 at 05:08 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Right now listening to my favorite murder podcast, playing world of warcraft and modding. Not going out tonight, but am going to make snacks here for hubby and I and then watch a movie. We don't have cable so can't watch the ball drop unless Hulu live TV channel shows it.

Sadly, I'm at work right now and very bored.
    (and can't spell
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 12-31-2019 at 06:23 PM.

Go to Edit Signature

Scroll down until you see the two options to add an image to your siggy.

1. Image address
    2. File Upload--upload the image and follow instructions.
    Thank you!!! Not sure how I managed to miss that.

I had an amazing New Year's....and I now have a girlfriend. *blushes like crazy* I...ah...spent the night with her. I SAID it was because I didn't want her to be driving after drinking but it worked out in my favor.

"I just go here!"

Loving Ria's new sig pic.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Loving Ria's new sig pic.
    Thanks! It fits me and my rants. And I do call people fuckers. ROFL.

"I just go here!"

Ria I am glad your New Year's went well and you have a new girl, She better treat you right and with respect. I love the sig picture as well, I, too, call a lot of people fucker.

Fixing to eat leftovers from dinner last night. Homemade vegetable beef soup made by Vickie "because I work and don't have time to make collards and peas." Uh, that doesn't make sense to me. There are such things as canned food that can be doctored easier than all that chopping and frying. One of her friends said "Why didn't you toss your collards and peas into the soup." Ewwwww. Lol. Collards would have changed the taste.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    My favorite author.
    I think I've read everything he did, including some previously unpublished stories released after his death.
    Slaughterhouse Five in part drew upon Vonnegut's experiences as a survivor of the allied firebombing of Dresden in WWII.
    So true the firebombing of Dresden never should of happened.

Ria I am glad your New Year's went well and you have a new girl, She better treat you right and with respect. I love the sig picture as well, I, too, call a lot of people fucker.
    Don't have to worry about that. ROFL! I have a few female friends AND my sister-from-another-mister who will ALL kick her ass if she breaks my heart. I feel loved. Sis was stunned at first. "When were you gonna tell ME?" And I shot back, "Well maybe if you checked your text messages..." ROFL

I've been in such a good mood since New Year's Day and haven't come down yet. My boss noticed it immediately when I walked in the door. Probably the ear-to-ear grin followed by blasting happy, "dancy" Latin music.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    Working on my new book.
    So what is it about?

yep, Ria's new sig pic is funny. (and food for thought) I'm old school enough that I have trouble with deleting the sir or ma'am miss, when asking for help or just trying to talk in general. Fucker, is gender neutral. I'll let y'all know how it works out.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Fixing to eat leftovers from dinner last night. Homemade vegetable beef soup made by Vickie "because I work and don't have time to make collards and peas." Uh, that doesn't make sense to me. There are such things as canned food that can be doctored easier than all that chopping and frying. One of her friends said "Why didn't you toss your collards and peas into the soup." Ewwwww. Lol. Collards would have changed the taste.
    True in this past holidays I put on the pounds. people giving me cookies
    and small cakes...

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    yep, Ria's new sig pic is funny. (and food for thought) I'm old school enough that I have trouble with deleting the sir or ma'am miss, when asking for help or just trying to talk in general. Fucker, is gender neutral. I'll let y'all know how it works out.
    True. It is. I always tell new trainees, "Do NOT assume you know if the guest is a sir or a ma'am. In this day and age we can't be sure. So unless they're a regular and you know for sure, don't assume anyone's gender."

I've had guests call me sir before and I usually look down at my rather large chest and look back at them. I usually want to say, "Nooooo, one more try." But I can't.

"I just go here!"

Don't have to worry about that. ROFL! I have a few female friends AND my sister-from-another-mister who will ALL kick her ass if she breaks my heart. I feel loved. Sis was stunned at first. "When were you gonna tell ME?" And I shot back, "Well maybe if you checked your text messages..." ROFL

I've been in such a good mood since New Year's Day and haven't come down yet. My boss noticed it immediately when I walked in the door. Probably the ear-to-ear grin followed by blasting happy, "dancy" Latin music.
    My gosh, I did that once when I worked in a diner. I called an old man ma'am, and he looked down at his flat chest, and I wanted to run out and jump in a manhole.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

My gosh, I did that once when I worked in a diner. I called an old man ma'am, and he looked down at his flat chest, and I wanted to run out and jump in a manhole.
    ROFL! In this day and age you never want to assume someone's pronouns. Between some being transgender in the process of transitioning and some being gender fluid, it's a touchy subject.

Right now? I just finished putting away groceries from Walmart Grocery Delivery, we are about to get a major winter storm this weekend. It's been raining all day and as the temperature drops, it's going to turn into freezing rain and sleet, and snow at some point over the weekend. Yay. I've got food (meals and snacks), Diet Coke, coffee, rum, wifi, Netflix, Hulu, and Disney+. I'm good for the weekend.

"I just go here!"

Revising the historical. Found out a few days ago that the first lines had to have a 0.2" indention. So guess what I'm doing. I finished the first draft of my next article, When I Am Weak Then Am I strong. I'd love to work on the crime novel, but I'll probably be too pooped.

I'm looking forward to Grey's Anatomy's winter premier in late January--the 23, but I won't be able to watch it on Hulu until the next day, IIRC. I want to watch Station 51, but Hulu offers it only on Live TV. I'm going to check prime video.

We are getting thunderstorms with highs in the 60s this weekend. Y'all be safe!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Piddlefarting around. Weather here is crappy. Snow, ice, cold. Yuck. Trying to decide what to watch while my stir-crazy roommates get ready to go out to dinner and a movie. Miss E is watching "That 70s Show." Neither of us have any inclination to go out, although if DoorDash is delivering tonight I might splurge and order us something.

"I just go here!"

Same weather here, Ria. Good times.

I just rewatched the series finale of Mad Men. It's a perfect ending for Don. Only he would be meditating at an Ashram and think of the most memorable commercial for Coca-Cola of the late '60s and early '70s. I remember seeing it everywhere when I was a kid and singing along with it, lol. Whoever really thought of that commercial was a genius. As I look at the same commercial and sing along with it now, it feels just as relevant today.

Put together my AW 2020 Reading List and had a very late lunch. While searching for books in the many categories listed in the challenge, I ran across the crime novel Where the Crawdads Sing. No category for it, but I have read it anyway.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Grey's Anatomy, sniffling, being bummed about my missed date.

"I just go here!"

Speaking of Grey's and bummed. I'm pissed at Justin Chambers for leaving. I hope he stands with the very very few who have left hit shows and made it. But I'm still pissed. It used to fry my grits when I missed a day. In my case it was being stood up.

Right now, I'm revising the crime novel.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching an SNL tribute to Buck Henry as the cars surf by outside. Literally.

Up early. It's a toss up between reading and working on the crime novel. Hmmmm...
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Trying to stay awake for a while so I'll sleep tonight. Been sleeping off and on all day but feel somewhat better. Watching Hellthy Junkfood on YouTube in hopes of finding my appetite. Managed one meal so far this weekend. Miss E has a pizza in the oven and I'm trying to make myself hungry to split it with her.

"I just go here!"

Just finished updating the crime novel's scene chart.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

As for me gaming and trying to figure out what I want to eat, no appetite whatsoever.

Working on my crime novel. I need an epigram for a new part. I am hungry. Lol. Can't decide wither to eat chicken salad sandwich or tomato soup. I might eat both. Oink oink.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Listening to the relaxing waterfall sound created by my humidifier.