Page 75 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2666737475767784 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,750 of 4745

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

Thanks, Ria!

It wasn't a blood clot. It was cellulitis, which can be dangerous, but to me it's not as spooky as a blood clot. I've never had it, but Sissy has.

I'm fixing to mod, and then see if I have made a big whopping mistake on the historical and then update my crime novel scene chart.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Thank Goodness it wasn't a clot, I have had cellulitis, it's not fun and it makes you sick, and it is dangerous, if you don't catch it in time as you can loose your limb and it can eat away your flesh, tell her to get some lotion such as Aquaphor,(sp) and lotion her leg down when the redness is gone, as the skin will start peeling like a sunburn, if her stomach gets upset to where she can't hold anything down, try eating crackers, broth and drinking gatorade and gingerale, when I got it, I was sick to my stomach, 103 fever, when it was over and out of my system, I had skin peeling off my leg and discoloration, which didn't go away for five months, now I have to be careful with any bite or scratch to that leg as I am prone to getting it again, so Karen will have to be careful as well.

Thanks, pk!

Fixing to eat lunch and then dive into working on a book, likely the historical.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Sewing Miss E's unicorn mask and watching SVU, season 9. Just finished watching Robin Williams' episode. I got Miss E's dolphin mask done last night and the unicorn one bias taped and pinned and ready to sew. Bias tape is of the devil. Ribbon was MUCH easier.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Sewing Miss E's unicorn mask and watching SVU, season 9. Just finished watching Robin Williams' episode. I got Miss E's dolphin mask done last night and the unicorn one bias taped and pinned and ready to sew. Bias tape is of the devil. Ribbon was MUCH easier.
    Do you make your own bias? I always used store-bought on my quilts, which was a snap, but I made my own the last time and it was hell. Never again.

Just finished my second writing session. I may or may do another one later.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Do you make your own bias? I always used store-bought on my quilts, which was a snap, but I made my own the last time and it was hell. Never again.

Just finished my second writing session. I may or may do another one later.
    No, I bought this premade. It was the only style they had in black and it's not perfectly flat. It's got like a cord along the bottom edge. It looks just fine when finished, but trying to get it pinned in place is a real bear. It keeps slipping and I keep needing to repin it.

I'm only putting it on the top and bottom edge, because one edge is folded over and sewn and a ribbon run through it to tie behind the ears, ribbon is MUCH easier on the ears than elastic. The other side creates the seam down the middle. I have some black ribbon I use too for bias tape, and that is MUCH easier to use. Pin, fold, pin.

I've also discovered that if I'm going to put a vinyl design on the mask, I need to do it before I sew it. Cut the pieces, add the designs, THEN match up the sides, pin together, and start sewing. I'm doing all the sewing by hand, though, and the masks take a couple of hours to sew. I've got pictures of the ones I'm working on for Miss E on my FB page.

"I just go here!"

Masks are done, finished up editing and tweaking on my novel. I'm 82 pages in and on chapter seventeen. I've been sending snippets to Wonder Twin, she's my sounding board as I am hers. Every time she reads a clip, she wants to just cuddle me. Writers tend to write what they know, and unfortunately I know sexual abuse.

Also discussed plans for this weekend with Miss E and ex-hubs. When I get off work, I'm coming home to change clothes and then we're taking out for KC. I want to go visit my old Freddy's, and then when Miss E gets off work at 9, we'll take her back to her dad's to change and get her bag she should've packed before she left for work.

We're going to drive her around Columbia on Saturday. Show her Mizzou, take her to the mall, have lunch or dinner in a restaurant unique to Columbia and not in the KC area. I've been here four months and my roommates are STILL finding places here to eat that KC doesn't have. Besides White Castle. LOL Sunday we may take her out a bit, but I'm planning to make her buffalo wings and macaroni and cheese for dinner, and Monday we'll take her home.

We'll stop at Walmart to get solid color t-shirts, I promised her I'd make her and her boyfriend King and Queen t-shirts, and I want to send back big brother/little brother t-shirts for my grandsons. The older boy is 3 and isn't my biological grandson, but he is too young to understand that and I have every intention of treating him like he's my grandson. Later on, when he's old enough, that's a conversation for his momma to have with him. But I will always be his abuela, too.

"I just go here!"

He is your grandson, Ria.

I'm up way early. I have an urge to jump into my writing. I need to create two whole new scenes and fit them into the book with one already written that had been gathering dust in my deleted file.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just getting up, didn't sleep until four am this morning, my neighbor the nurse is going to come check my foot it's been throbbing like hell and feels hot, could be because I haven't stayed off it like I am supposed to, I am only supposed to get up to go pee and sit up with leg propped up. omg Ria I miss white castles, haven't had them in 15 years.

He is your grandson, Ria.
    Of course he is. He's Jayce's big brother. He has a different daddy but Schmoo is stepping up and helping raise him. He calls Schmoo "Daddy," ex-Hubs "Paw-Paw," and Miss E "Tia." (Tia is Spanish for "aunt.") He can call me Abuela if he wants, but I know it's a hard word for a three-year-old to say. I'll answer to "AH-bee" from him and Jayce. When you're that little and cute, you can call me anything at all and I'll answer. LOL

"I just go here!"

That's mighty mature for your son to do.

My Mexican nieces call me Tia Cindy.

I just finished my second writing session. And I am exhausted. But I need to update my scene chart.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

That's mighty mature for your son to do.
    I am so proud of him for it. He didn't have to step up, he could've forced Kam's daddy to be in the picture and just be step-daddy, but he stepped up. He told me, "Momma, that little boy looks up to me and he calls me Daddy. I stepped up. He needs me." He definitely got his momma's heart. I have a couple dozen kids in their twenties who call me "Momma." And I love them all.

"I just go here!"

Just watched the second to the last episode of the final season of Ballers. I'm not a sportsfan, but a person doesn't need to be to enjoy it. It's about what goes on behind the scenes and starts Dwayne Johnson. They've perfected the art of the five season story arc meshing to a conclusion. Man, I'm gonna miss this show. Clever and funny as hell. Realistic too since it incorporates a lot of the stars' real lives into the plot lines. No bonus material needed because the fifth season IS the bonus feature of the show.

For the last few days, I've been dealing with a shitpile of family drama caused by one selfish woman who isn't related to any of us. I let her know tonight that it stops now, meant it, and she knew it. Basically, my granddaughter has an extraordinarily big heart, was doing household chores for her to make extra money, then she started taking advantage of her. As in manipulating my girl when her dad was at work. He doesn't do being taken advantage of well. Throw his daughter in the mix, and you are fucked, in a wheelchair or not. He warned the woman, she laid low, then tried it again when he was exhausted after work. His job is physically and mentally taxing, so do not keep his daughter from him by manipulating her because between the two of us, you will not get away with it. There's a lot of detail that goes into it, but it's sorted out now. The bottom line: I figured out the bitch took my granddaughter's phone when I was texting my girl to find out why she wasn't responding to her father as he drove around for hours looking for her. He was pissed. Who wouldn't be? Once I figured out what the bitch did, I started texting her directly. Nice the first time. Not so nice the second time, and backed it up with facts. My granddaughter magically materialized at home five minutes later, and used her dad's phone to call me. She said her dad told her that working there is over beforehand. Apparently my shy and artistic munchkin ripped her a new asshole along with the rest of us before she left, lol. Classic! I told her why her dad and I approved this time and that if anyone fucks with her, they fuck with me. She laughed because she's never heard me talk like that before and told me the whole story. I knew it but my girl needed to vent and reassurance. We will always give her that because we are always here for her. Nobody's gonna hold her back or down. She and her dad can finally get some sleep six-hundred miles away. Meanwhile, she's coming for a visit after her birthday. Yay! She's gonna be here for two weeks. Yay again!

Happy extremely belated birthday, Cindy!

Holy shit, SomeChick!!! That's insane!!! I hope your granddaughter got her phone back! How old is she? I think I would be the same way if someone tried to take advantage of one of my grandsons. They're still babies now though.

I'm looking forward to a visit from Miss E. We're getting her Friday night after I get off work, heading back into KC, hopefully stopping at my old Freddy's to visit, then getting her when she gets off work. It's a 2-hour trip each way so I don't look for us back until about midnight. Her room is ready for her, I just need to air up the air mattress she'll sleep on. If she is going to visit often it move in, I'll buy her a bed and dresser. But if she going to only visit every now and then, an air mattress is fine.

"I just go here!"

Thanks, SomeChick.

Fixing to take a nape. Then it's up and at my first writing session.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Finished writing the last scene in the historical with a total of 62 chapters and over 300 pages. Going to nuke a late dinner and then who knows what.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Holy shit, SomeChick!!! That's insane!!! I hope your granddaughter got her phone back! How old is she? I think I would be the same way if someone tried to take advantage of one of my grandsons. They're still babies now though.

I'm looking forward to a visit from Miss E. We're getting her Friday night after I get off work, heading back into KC, hopefully stopping at my old Freddy's to visit, then getting her when she gets off work. It's a 2-hour trip each way so I don't look for us back until about midnight. Her room is ready for her, I just need to air up the air mattress she'll sleep on. If she is going to visit often it move in, I'll buy her a bed and dresser. But if she going to only visit every now and then, an air mattress is fine.
    Thanks, Ria. She's fine now, and she's 14. Crazy woman pretended to be her and reported the phone stolen. However, my girl is tech saavy, so I told her how to get around that lock to be able to use WiFi for Internet at home. Calling and texting won't work, however, so her dad and I got her a new phone that's on its way to her now. They can take the paid for iPhone 11 she has now, which she saved up to buy, back to the iPhone store to get the mess sorted out. Her dad trumps everyone else when it comes to legal shit because he's her dad. Then we can transfer the new service from the free phone to hers. It'll be awhile til that happens, hence the new phone. I added my girl to my plan, and her dad is paying her portion of the bill until next year, when she'll be able to legally get a job if he signs off on it. I explained to her how that will work when she turns exactly 15 1/2. She can then get a job with a reputable business if he signs off on it.

She wants to be a doctor when she grows up. I explained that she needs to get her grades up as a first step, and that was all the motivation she needed to ask me for help. Her self-esteem is intact again, and I reminded her that she matters, her choices matter, and love matters most of all. She wanted to know what that was from. My brain, lol. I explained that only a fraction of what she's going to learn in her lifetime will come from books. The rest comes from experience and critical thinking skills.

The fun part is gonna be telling my mom what happened. I decided to wait until the situation was resolved because she will be less pissed off that way. She's me times 10 when she gets mad. No need for that at her age. She had enough of that when I was a teenager.

I know my mom, so I already know how she'll react. No matter how I phrase it, I'll get half the first sentence out before she cuts me off because how dare anyone pull any shit on her great grandbaby. Yeah mom, so here's what we did to handle the situation... That works, and it's true. Lying to my mom is never a good idea. Her bullshit detector is excellent. She's also sharp as a tack. That's why handle whatever it is first to soften the news, then tell her. My girl's coming to visit soon, so it would come out anyway. Best to come from me. Mom knows a small portion so far. I'll tell her the rest tomorrow.

Right now, I just finished watching the last episode of Space Force on Netflix. If you like Steve Carrell, you'll probably like it. If not, then probably not.

I got to pull a peekaboo motherfucker on the asshole upstairs today. It was hilarious! I've known who he was the whole time. He had no idea what I looked like until today. I'll just say that I had fun, mom laughed her ass off when I told her, and he was freaked out. Never assume, dude. Never. I'll tell you guys about it later. That's enough for now.

The storyboard outlining is pro. Good job, Cindy.

I think that's a good idea about how to handle the furniture situation, Ria. From everything I've read, it sounds like your split from your husband was amicable. That makes it easier on the kids too.

Thanks, Deb. Turned out to be 62 chapters, but the writing is done. I just need to finish proofing it. And now I can spend more time writing new wordage on my crime novel.

We three girls grew up without affection or praise. And I always swore that I my children would grow up knowing without a doubt they were loved and worth something. My only child died, but I kept that promise toward my nieces and nephews. The oldest nephew got way off track, but the other three are college graduates. Three are in happy relationships. That's not a bad turnout today when so many kids fall by the wayside.

I was sound asleep when I got that funny feeling that my blood sugar was diving. It was on the low side of normal for this time of day.

Say, I just read somewhere that we might get a second stimulus check. From my research, it's being debated.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Thanks, SomeChick. The way I see it, the kids did nothing to cause us to split, and the grandkids did even less. It's not their fault, we drifted apart and I realized I wasn't straight. We still love each other but in more of a best friend way than husband and wife way. So when Miss E texted me this morning and asked me if we could make a t-shirt for her to take home to her dad for Father's Day, I of course said yes. I made my first shirts last night. One is purple with just a coffee cup on it. (Natch.) The other is pink and says, "Sounds GAY I'm so IN." If you're on my FB I posted them last night. Otherwise if anyone wants to see I'll dig up the Crafty Hags thread and post there.

"I just go here!"

Just waking up and checking the thread, didn't go to bed until four am as I got the second chapter of my true crime book rough draft done, the first chapter typed up, will work on organizing the notes for the second chapter and getting it typed up today then working on the third chapter about Missy Avila's murder.

Just finished the first writing session. I may take a nap or eat a late lunch. IDK.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Finished writing the last scene in the historical with a total of 62 chapters and over 300 pages. Going to nuke a late dinner and then who knows what.
    That's quite the tome, congratulations on finishing it!
    Did you know that the first American dictionary was published in 1796 and contained over 65,000 words with definitions, detailed descriptions and examples of their use in sentences? That was a full 10 years before Webster published his first one with only 40,000 words and got the credit for being the first.
    It got largely overlooked and eventually discredited just because it wasn't in alphabetical order, thus making it laborious to use in the absence of good fortune.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Wow Cindy! Congrats on finishing!

I am currently en route to KC to get Miss E. We are about 45 minutes into our drive. I can't WAIT to see my baby girl.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    That's quite the tome, congratulations on finishing it!
    Did you know that the first American dictionary was published in 1796 and contained over 65,000 words with definitions, detailed descriptions and examples of their use in sentences? That was a full 10 years before Webster published his first one with only 40,000 words and got the credit for being the first.
    It got largely overlooked and eventually discredited just because it wasn't in alphabetical order, thus making it laborious to use in the absence of good fortune.
    Thanks, Jim. I did not know about the earlier dictionary, and it's a shame it was discredited.

Wow Cindy! Congrats on finishing!

I am currently en route to KC to get Miss E. We are about 45 minutes into our drive. I can't WAIT to see my baby girl.
    Thanks, Ria! I know you are going to have the time of your life.

I am doing a full-system scan. I may or may not proof a book.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Ria have fun with your baby girl so glad you get to spend time with her, be safe please. Right now eating a salad, just did a work out sitting down as I am not allowed to stand to long on my foot, dang stitches, can't wait until these things dissolve. Maybe spend the rest of the day reading.

Have fun and stay safe, Ria. Hope your foot gets better soonest, pk.

Fixing to dive into my second writing session. I did format work for my historical eBook this morning. Now it's on to the crime novel and a big interview scene between Billy Estrella, PI, and a possible suspect who happens to be a buddy.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Have fun and stay safe, Ria. Hope your foot gets better soonest, pk.

Fixing to dive into my second writing session. I did format work for my historical eBook this morning. Now it's on to the crime novel and a big interview scene between Billy Estrella, PI, and a possible suspect who happens to be a buddy.
    Thank you PK, we are. We showed her around Columbia yesterday, showed her Mizzou and Missouri's largest oak tree among some other things. Got her a shake at my Freddy's, introduced her to a few coworkers. (Who all agree she looks like me. LOL) Ate at Pancheros, a cheap Chipotle knock off that doesn't taste as good. Then took her to the mall and played at LevelUp Entertainment where she did the ropes course and laser tag with the guys (and I found the boozy slushes). Then last night we played Cards Against Humanity and introduced her to how cutthroat PlayStation Monopoly can be with us. LOTS of shouting, "Your momma's a HO!" ROFL

Today we are going to have breakfast here, then go pick up my roommates' daughter, then stop by another Walmart in hopes of finding matching solid color t-shirts for my grandsons. I'm going to make her and her boyfriend King and Queen shirts, ex a Best Dad Ever shirt, and the boys matching brother shirts (I'm the BIG brother and I'm the BABY brother).

"I just go here!"

Thank you PK, we are. We showed her around Columbia yesterday, showed her Mizzou and Missouri's largest oak tree among some other things. Got her a shake at my Freddy's, introduced her to a few coworkers. (Who all agree she looks like me. LOL) Ate at Pancheros, a cheap Chipotle knock off that doesn't taste as good. Then took her to the mall and played at LevelUp Entertainment where she did the ropes course and laser tag with the guys (and I found the boozy slushes). Then last night we played Cards Against Humanity and introduced her to how cutthroat PlayStation Monopoly can be with us. LOTS of shouting, "Your momma's a HO!" ROFL

Today we are going to have breakfast here, then go pick up my roommates' daughter, then stop by another Walmart in hopes of finding matching solid color t-shirts for my grandsons. I'm going to make her and her boyfriend King and Queen shirts, ex a Best Dad Ever shirt, and the boys matching brother shirts (I'm the BIG brother and I'm the BABY brother).
    Glad to hear it's going so good.

Just got up. I need to maybe eat lunch and then get started with my first writing session.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

We ended up going back to the mall, just us girls. Went into stores the guys didn't want to go in yesterday, like Justice and Bath and Body Works. Lizzie got the slides she was looking for and some clearanced perfume and lotion at B&BW. Stopped at a different Walmart where I found a sleeveless onesie for Jayce and a matching tank top for Big Brother. I also got them shorts to go with the shirts. Stopped off at the grocery store for soda and I'm about to start dinner here in a ojt 30 minutes or so.

"I just go here!"

Thanks about the well wishes to my foot, thankfully no infection in my foot, maybe just deep muscle tissue damage, Ria, I am so glad you are having fun. As for me I am just browsing the net and watching Law and Order season ten, Stabler and Benson are on it helping the Law and Order guys before SVU, also Angie Harmon is on this season

Just finished a buttload of formatting on the historical. twelve more chapters to format and then I'll start all over with the proofs. Later on, I'll finish an explosive scene in the Billy Estrella crime book and update the scene chart. I didn't do a scene chart on the historical, but it's necessary with the crime novel to keep up with all the CSI, clues, patterns, and a bunch of other stuff.

Right now is up for grabs. I'm not especially hungry. I may lay down and vegetate for a bit.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Making shirts. Just made my grandsons' shirts and about to start on ex-Hubs' Father's Day shirt.

"I just go here!"

Dropped Miss E off at home, cuddled my grandsons. Older is 2 and tried to toddle out to the car, he wanted to go with his Abuela. Lol! I gave him one last cuddle and Schmoo scooped him up and he waved bye bye and said, "Bye-bye, Ga-ma!" My heart melted. I love those boys so much and I want a better world for them to grow up in.

"I just go here!"

About done with my middle writing session.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Dropped Miss E off at home, cuddled my grandsons. Older is 2 and tried to toddle out to the car, he wanted to go with his Abuela. Lol! I gave him one last cuddle and Schmoo scooped him up and he waved bye bye and said, "Bye-bye, Ga-ma!" My heart melted. I love those boys so much and I want a better world for them to grow up in.
    It's so hard to say goodbye to our grandbabies. Today I told mine, who's 14, that I still have a voicemail from her that she left when she was seven years old. No way! Way. I can't wait for her visit next month. Two weeks of fun with my not so little sweetheart, then it'll be time for her to go back home. The goodbyes make us both cry, but the time we spend together is absolutely worth it.

Karens.... they're everywhere.... eventually, along will come the Mega Karen, the Karen we must defeat after defeating all the other Karens before.... Lord help me, they're driving me to drink....

"I just go here!"

Been home almost five hours now. Relaxed, had dinner, and listening to an interview with Christines_Snaps (from TikTok and YouTube) on "Influencer Business: A Podcast by Trove" on Spotify.

"I just go here!"

Woke up. I'm dithering about editing one or the other books. Hmmmm
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Finding out that my granddaughter is a budding junior death hag. She told me she first became interested after learning about the Stonewall Riots in school. Yes, school. I'm glad history classes are broadening to include that of our gay brothers and sisters finally. I told her about the gay bar fire in the French Quarter that happened years before I lived there and the building's location, which still stands, and it's location. She loves history and learning why events happen, so I'll show her the forum when she gets here next month. Her phone issues are resolved, and that crazy lady hasn't tried to contact her after finding out that my girl has an army of adults behind her.

She'll love it here.

I'm cooking dinner. After I eat, it on to the second writing session and maybe a third.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Had dinner, Zoom calling with my favorite lesbians in Kansas City. The socializing, even virtual, is doing me a world of good.

"I just go here!"

Setting up my laptop stand. It’s black wire with two side compartments to hold whatever, and I can put my external keyboard under it just so. I love it.

While setting it up, I poked around and found a book I thought I’d tossed. The Boat by Time-Life Books. It has a section about an antique yacht that I wanted to use in a combo with my version for a scene in A Deadly Spill of Scarlet.

Now, I’m going for the third writing session. I kinda was putting it off because it’s a flash point scene that needs to start just right. It’s funny what comes to mind while you are trying to catch some nap Zs.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just sat up a printer and printed off a bunch of worksheets for a neighbor who has a kindergartner that wants to do school work, so I found some free worksheets on the net for her and printed them out. I have to clean up the living room, hydrate, get some tomato seeds started now that my neighbor finished my bucket garden stand for my buckets, go through my room and organize things and clean things out.

Waiting for a storm to pass. I had just saved my ebook when the power blinked off and on. I am using the laptop via battery. I've been pondering the next scene in A Deadly Spill of Scarlet. Billy Estrella is interviewing a possible suspect in the disappearance of Lola Jordan when a phone call sends him rushing into a new chapter of the case.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching Sandra Valls' Playroom Karaoke on Facebook Live and drinking. After today I needed it. In addition to what I vented about in the vent thread, our credit card machine only went partially down. We could take regular credit cards but nothing requiring a PIN, prepaid, or gift cards. THEN at the same time, our WiFi went down. WHICH also meant no DoorDash for a bit.

I agreed to work today, my being off today was an accident. I was supposed to be "extra" and sent home if labor was high, or everyone showed up and we weren't busy. Well. We had two people call out, AND we were slow with maybe 30 guests through drive in 3 hours. Around 2pm, it picked up and we had 50 or 60 through over the next 3 hours PLUS a lobby as full as it could be.

I am tired, and I have earned my bottle of vodka tonight. I will drink it over the course of the evening and then sleep in tomorrow. I'm supposed to start working on my roommates' daughter's scrapbook album but they haven't gotten me pictures yet. I'll remind them tomorrow. And ask for the pics SOON because I don't want to be up all night the night before they give it to her cramming to get this book together.

"I just go here!"

Right now listening to My Favorite Murder, making beef stew, and gaming.

Moderating because some member think we don't check their profile visitor messages. We most def do. And we also card and ban rule breakers.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just ate, still gaming and took care of an issue wish some visitor messages and feeling frustrated about something going on personally.

Fixing to eat a late lunch.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Triggered I just had my abusive father, have someone contact me that I don't know, a total stranger on one of my social media pages that I had set to private somehow she got around everything and sent me a message to let me know my mom is dying she has about five months to live, but I am not sure what to believe as three years ago he pulled this crap saying she was dying and the all of a sudden when I didn't react he was like oh well she got better, I have broken contact with him, changed our number and my cell number and did not give him our address but yet the effer still found me.