Page 67 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1858656667686976 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,350 of 4745

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

Messing around FAD. I need to make my grocery list for tomorrow. I usually order on Tuesday or Saturday, but I need Sissy here to go to the door. She hasn't been Christmas shopping but once, and I'm afraid she will decide to go Saturday after her grandson's ballgame, which will leave me in the lurch. She works from noon to 9 on Sundays and Mondays, and I don't want to order on Christmas Eve. So, I'm going to do it tomorrow. I need to be writing, but I don't want to. At least I did get some new wordage in earlier today.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I only need a few things for NEXT week which I might get tomorrow when I go back. I don't know yet if I'll give them another chance.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

People just want their check. McDonald's and Bojangles are bad about shorting our takeout. And for some reason Sissy will not check the bags before she drives off. Also, sometimes Micky gives me an almost transparent slice--and I do mean slice--of egg with my big breakfast or no hash browns or no syrup for my pancakes.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Modding. Fixing to make breakfast. Maybe BLTs or grilled cheese. I finally made my grocery list. One thing I hate about Publix is they do not offer potted meat online. Duh. So I asked Sissy to bring a pack of it home tonight.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

modding and wait for the Gerd pain to go away or the pepcid to kick in whichever comes first

Waiting for Sissy to get home so I can order my groceries from Publix.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    People just want their check. McDonald's and Bojangles are bad about shorting our takeout. And for some reason Sissy will not check the bags before she drives off. Also, sometimes Micky gives me an almost transparent slice--and I do mean slice--of egg with my big breakfast or no hash browns or no syrup for my pancakes.
    Yep. You're so right. Walmart's pickers don't seem to care lately. It's gotten annoying. GrubHub is bad about shorting your order and instead of bringing you the missing food, want to offer you a $3 discount on your next order. So much wrong with that. Mainly they need to get it right because when I ordered it could have been 4 sandwiches for 4 people instead of 2 for me and 2 for Miss E. I'd have been even more pissed if someone didn't get to eat food I'd paid for because they were lazy.

We use GrubHub too. I forget what place it was, but they forgot something and Sissy says they flat refused to bring out.

Got up to pee and slid in to check my blog stats. I reposed the story about the little boy from my hometown who was hit by a train 20 years ago. My hit count was off the chart. Wow. And the day is still young.
    Last edited by cindyt; 12-20-2019 at 02:52 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Finding out my avi was one of the broken ones and choosing a new one. No biggie really I had been toying with the idea of changing it anyway.

Whatever happened to the Real Life Rears Its Ugly Head forum? Was on earlier, it was there, fell asleep and when I woke up it was gone? I'm logged in but confused...

"I just go here!"

Just sorted all the Christmas gifts and stocking stuffers into 2 boxes ( there was like 6) so now I'm ready to wrap tomorrow 😁. Now I'm just relaxing, may watch something on hulu

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Finding out my avi was one of the broken ones and choosing a new one. No biggie really I had been toying with the idea of changing it anyway.

Whatever happened to the Real Life Rears Its Ugly Head forum? Was on earlier, it was there, fell asleep and when I woke up it was gone? I'm logged in but confused...
    I see it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I see it.
    Cindy, I'm not seeing it either.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20191221-124028_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	54904

I'm clearly logged in, but don't see the forum. I'm not on my laptop though I'm on my phone. I haven't tried to access FAD from my laptop yet. (Had what I thought was an issue with the brand new laptop that ended up being a "duh" moment. Lol!)

"I just go here!"

Delete your cashe, refresh your browser, restart. I'll get with Josh.
    Last edited by cindyt; 12-21-2019 at 11:42 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Delete your cashe, refresh your browser, restart. I'll get with Josh.
    Nope, still gone. Curiouser and curiouser....

"I just go here!"

Nope, still gone. Curiouser and curiouser....
    Nothing curious about it. I checked it out. Nothing's changed. It's likely a tech problem on our end.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Nothing curious about it. I checked it out. Nothing's changed. It's likely a tech problem on our end.
    Got to be. Thinking it might be a mobile issue, I got on from my laptop. Once I go the power cord to actually connect. I think I might have a problem there with the adapter. *sigh* Nope, still gone. Hopefully it gets resolved....I'm sitting on rants. LOL

"I just go here!"

Maybe he'll be in tonight.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Maybe he'll be in tonight.
    Maybe... Right now I'm currently on hold with Dell about my lappy's power issue. Been on hold now for 20 minutes or so....brand spankin' new lappy and having power issues right out of the box. Yay.

"I just go here!"

Dell is why I stick with Compac.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Dell is why I stick with Compac.
    Compaq doesn't really exist anymore. I forget off the top of my head which company bought them out. I got this Dell because it's a two-in-one and I love touch screen lappies. Plus the fact that it's reddish-burgundy helps. LOL Burgundy is my favorite color. Dell is hit or miss. Some computers are excellent and others, well, they have issues. I'm pretty sure the issue with mine is the plug on the adapter isn't long enough and is barely making contact with the inside of the laptop. One wrong move and it slides out just enough to drain the battery. I saw an overwhelming amount of good reviews on this particular laptop before I bought it, so I took the plunge. I usually stick to HP or Asus. I think right now I'm more irritated with Dell's phone customer support. I've been on hold now for damn near an hour. Thank God for speakerphone.

Update: Was on hold for well OVER an hour. Called back, asked for a supervisor, and was immediately hung up on. Called back AGAIN and didn't get anywhere. I hung up on THEM. I am SO sick and tired of getting tech support people from the fucking Middle East. I can't understand a word they're saying. When I ask for an American representative, I get another Middle Eastern person I can't understand. Posted on my FB page about it, and went to Dell's "feedback" page and left feedback. To say I'm not a happy camper is an understatement. This stupid thing is under warranty until July, 2020.
    Last edited by RiaBrown; 12-21-2019 at 05:14 PM.

"I just go here!"

Oh. Well, I have a dinosaur that I've never had one bit of trouble with. HP bought Compaq out, according to my surfing, and that's what my Labby is.
    Last edited by cindyt; 12-21-2019 at 06:54 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I had heard Dell was horrible with their customer service and I hoped I'd never need to call them as I'm a technodiva myself. I'm able to do troubleshooting and basic RAM upgrades, swap out a hard drive, and replace a laptop screen. All of which make me as giddy as a kid in a candy store. Lol! And yes. I relish it when I can prove tech support MEN wrong. Yeah I've been treated like I know nothing about computers because I'm a "little woman." Last time i dealt with Best Buy's Geek Squad I took great pleasure in telling the guy, "You're wrong. I'm right. Now fix it "

"I just go here!"

Can you see Life Rears It's Head?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I see it.
    A few days ago the icons for all four of the "Death Hag Central" categories were gone.
    The categories were there, just the icons to the left of the title were gone.
    They came back after a couple of days, maybe after a browser restart.

That almost has to be some kind of caching issue on the local machine since most of us can see that category.
    I guess there could be something weird server side - permissions or something - that will take a greater mind than mine to sort out, fortunately, those aren't too hard to come by.

Hey Ria: Have you tried a different browser?
    Last edited by JimC; 12-22-2019 at 07:20 AM.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

It was on our end, Jim.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

It was on our end, Jim.
    Thanks.
    That was going to be my next guess...

Can you see Life Rears It's Head?
    Yip. Thanks! I know that it disappears when you're not logged in so of course I didn't think I was logged in.

"I just go here!"

But, you wouldn't have been able to post here if you hadn't been logged in.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

But, you wouldn't have been able to post here if you hadn't been logged in.
    *facepalm* D'oh. Of course.

"I just go here!"

Right now I'm cooking. My roommate has never had a real Christmas with a real homemade Christmas dinner and cookies. I said, "Challenge accepted."

"I just go here!"

Whatcha cookin?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Ham, mac and cheese from scratch, green beans, and rolls. They're doing Christmas dinner with their families Christmas Day and I'm having Wonder Twin over Christmas Eve. Wonder Twin asked me if I'd make her breakfast burritos one last time and use the ham I cooked tonight in them. She's spoiled and has me wrapped around her little finger so of course I said yes.

ETA: Tomorrow I'm baking cookies while they're at work. Making s'mores stuffed chocolate chip cookies and a pan of fluffernutter bars.

And more than likely when Wonder Twin and I get together in the future we won't be eating breakfast, not unless she specially requests it for dinner.
    Last edited by RiaBrown; 12-22-2019 at 07:07 PM.

"I just go here!"

Sound delicious!

We're having Christmas lunch this year instead of dinner because one of Sissy's grand varmints is going to his daddy's at 2 pm that afternoon. Brittany is cooking, and I imagine her sister Karen will help if she's recovered from the flu by then. We usually have ham, baked mac and cheese, corn pudding, and whatever else she adds. I don't know about the deserts this year. She lost a lot of weight and is keeping it off. She fixed some kind of whipped cream and lime something with nuts for Thanksgiving.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Sounds good! Roommate didn't know what to think. Rofl!!

R: What did you say this macaroni and cheese was called? Crack?

Me: Like it?

R: OH YEAH!!!

"I just go here!"

Is she a Southerner? Lol.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Is she a Southerner? Lol.
    No, he's not. I actually have two roommates now, one of my adopted daughters and her boyfriend. Who doesn't know what it's like to have a mother figure cook for him and care about him. Sundays when we're all four home I'll cook a big meal for us all. Tonight it was Christmas dinner since they have plans Christmas Day.

"I just go here!"

I just asked because I went to college in Tennessee with a lot of Northern people who couldn't figure out what or how to eat some of our Southern dishes. Fried okra stands out. The ate it like you eat popcorn. "Oh, this is good! What is it?" They didn't know what cornbread was either. I can eat at any mom and pop restaurant and tell if the cook is Southern or not. I bet you can too.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I am a northern and I knew what fried okra, cornbread, hamhock, fried green tomatoes, fried taters and onions are and have tasted them and love them. Taking a break from cleaning out the fridge and cold as it's rainy and gloomy here in San Diego.

I don't eat much cornbread. I didn't like it at first, it was one of those acquired tastes. I do love fried okra. Went to Eureka Springs, AR last year and had some amazing fried ones, pickles, and mushrooms.

Right now I'm watching some Private Practice before baking cookiez.

"I just go here!"

Ham, mac and cheese from scratch, green beans, and rolls. They're doing Christmas dinner with their families Christmas Day and I'm having Wonder Twin over Christmas Eve. Wonder Twin asked me if I'd make her breakfast burritos one last time and use the ham I cooked tonight in them. She's spoiled and has me wrapped around her little finger so of course I said yes.

ETA: Tomorrow I'm baking cookies while they're at work. Making s'mores stuffed chocolate chip cookies and a pan of fluffernutter bars.

And more than likely when Wonder Twin and I get together in the future we won't be eating breakfast, not unless she specially requests it for dinner.

Here in Canada we call mac and cheese "Kraft Dinner" I enjoy green beans(but not with rolls)
    So love cookies with s'mores with chocolate chips.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Excuse me, pk. Lol. The ones at my university were amazed. I have family friends who moved down here from Queens. They didn't know anything about our food or our quaint sayings. For example, friend Cindy got a 2000 gold Mustang for her birthday, and I said "You dawg," and I thought she was going to punch my lights out until she suddenly realized I meant "lucky dawg." Now they have assimilated. You would think they were born and raised in Georgia. Not that I have anything against people from other places. I mean, I fell in love with a Californian and married a Mexican. Lol. I just like to poke fun. (I used to kid Nabo about killing Davy Crockett.)
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

My dad married a “yankee” as he called it..He was from the south~Virginia, We usually had most of the southern foods for holidays, Daddy would drink buttermilk straight~ ack! I accidentally took a swig of it and cringed, honestly still do just thinking of it...But still use it today in most recipes especially fried chicken, pancakes (before diabetes reared its Ugly face) etc.
    Our new years meal STILL involves southern cuisine.
    I so love collards. I would and have eaten corn bread and loved it before Diabetes...If there were a low carb option, I still would but thats not likely.

Old school Southerners call the mid-day meal "dinner", the evening meal is "supper".

A "yankee" is somebody from up north who comes down south.
    A "damned yankee" is somebody from up north who comes down south, and stays.

It used to be that all soft drinks were called, "Coke".
    You might tell a waitress that you want a Coke an she might ask,"What kind?"
    "Dr. Pepper", you might say. If you did indeed want an actual Coke, you would reply, "Co-cola".
    The one exception to that was, "Barq's".
    Last edited by JimC; 12-23-2019 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Old school Southerners call the mid-day meal "dinner", the evening meal is "supper".

A "yankee" is somebody from up north who comes down south.
    A "damned yankee" is somebody from up north who comes down south, and stays.

It used to be that all soft drinks were called, "Coke".
    You might tell a waitress that you want a Coke an she might ask,"What kind?"
    "Dr. Pepper", you might say. If you did indeed want an actual Coke, you would reply, "Co-cola".
    The one exception to that was, "Barq's".
    We say co-colers in Georgie. I say both lunch and dinner for the noon meal because I have friends from up north. I was around the ones from Queens so much that I started using their accent.

I'm trying to draft new words on the crime novel while suffering from a headache.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

We say co-colers in Georgie. I say both lunch and dinner for the noon meal because I have friends from up north. I was around the ones from Queens so much that I started using their accent.

I'm trying to draft new words on the crime novel while suffering from a headache.
    The first time I heard someone say something about having dinner when referring to the evening meal, I thought they were crazy.
    Turns out that were just from Canada or Tennessee or someplace way up north like that.

I call all sodas "pops." Regular pop or diet pop. Midday meal is lunch, evening meal I call both supper and dinner. Supper is more informal and dinner more formal, like when you're on a date and go to dinner.

Speaking of dates....I had my first date tonight since Hubs. Nervous as all hell, but dressed "cutely casual." We went for Mexican food and margaritas and talked. She thinks I'm cute and kissed my hand on first meeting.

"I just go here!"

I'm whacking down a forest.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Wonder Twin and "Mushu" just left. We had a little going away party for Wonder Twin since her last day at Freddy's was today. I made her favorite breakfast burritos with ham and we had our own cookie exchange and watched My Hero Academia. And cuddled together. I'm sad she won't be working with me anymore, but I'll still talk to her and still see her when her schedule and mine permit.

"I just go here!"

Trying not to nod off during my writing session--and not from boredom. Lol. I just ate a late supper and it's kinda warm in here.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD