Page 72 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2363707172737481 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,600 of 4745

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

Taking a break from writing. I'm almost done, and looking forward to getting back to reading Devoted by Dean Koontz.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Ria I just saw your comment, It is hard for those of us that struggle with the monster (aka mental health), Sad he took his life I guess he just got to tired to fight it anymore. Right now I am just waking up and checking the forum not sure what I want to do today. I did go for a ride in the car with my husband yesterday and it was so odd seeing the interstate and freeways so empty, we live 15 mins from Sea World San Diego and are used to heavy traffic and the long line of cars waiting to get in to park and such, there was hardly anyone on the road at all and seeing the beach empty and closed off and the bars and such closed it just felt like I was in a movie, or just I don't know how to explain the feeling.

I mainly hear the sound of birds and seagulls flying over the lake out my windows. Endless entertainment for my cat, Sammy, too.

Hey Ria,

I was listening to NPR this morning, and they reported that Amazon's latest press release states that shipping of non-essential items is likely to be delayed for up to five months. The first thing I thought of was that guy who ridiculously marked up that item you wanted. He can offer them all he wants, but he won't get paid until they ship. I occasionally sell things on Amazon, and that's their policy. That's why right now I'm saying mwuahhahaha to that dude.

I heard that too Deb, as people are ordering like crazy online and they just don't have enough man power to fill all orders and ship them out, they are hiring more people so far I haven't had any issues getting nonessential items.

The amazon delivery creature can't find my apartment, so my essentials are sent to my niece who lives in another city for Sissy to pick up at her leisure.

What am I doing? Why, I'm shaking my damn head at stupid people. Georgia is fixing to stagger opening back up. People are rushing to get appointments to have their fucking gray roots covered, eat in restaurants, workout in gyms, and start the second wave of Covid 19.

On a hmmmm note: a new friend from my hometown saw a French fry trying to hop out of a pan of grease.
    Last edited by cindyt; 04-21-2020 at 12:54 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I do subscribe and save with Amazon for essential, mainly household and pet care, items. No problems so far. Although, a new item I ordered a week ago says it won't be here until Friday, but it's coming by way of one-day delivery, lol. It doesn't bother me. I order stuff I need before I run out. Our building is closed right now, so packages are delivered to the management office, they're sanitized, and then one of the managers delivers them. We get them about an hour after they're delivered. The reason for this is we're considered a high-risk population. Everyone who lives here is at least 55. Most are in their 70s and 80s. I'm the youngest person here.

Right now, I'm seeing one of those predatory legal commercials on TV out of the corner of my eye. You guys know them. They pretend to care about injured or disease-riddled people but really want to make money off of them. "Do you have mesotalcumpowdercancerosis? Please call now so we can make $$$ in legal fees. I mean so we can get you what you deserve (which will be about 20 cents of every dollar we get in your settlement)." I wonder how these shysters will find a way to sue for Covid19. Hospitals maybe? Anyway, I know one of them will try.

I keep getting Texts like that from somebody calling me Martha.

I'm writing a scene about a 10 year old boy walking through the woods in 1733.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Hey Ria,

I was listening to NPR this morning, and they reported that Amazon's latest press release states that shipping of non-essential items is likely to be delayed for up to five months. The first thing I thought of was that guy who ridiculously marked up that item you wanted. He can offer them all he wants, but he won't get paid until they ship. I occasionally sell things on Amazon, and that's their policy. That's why right now I'm saying mwuahhahaha to that dude.
    I have Prime and I'm SUPPOSED to get free two-day shipping but it's taking about a week. I'm not stressing, this time is tough on all of us. I ordered something that REALLY wasn't necessary, but had wanted to receive (and test out for the first time) completely alone. I ordered it last Tuesday night and it arrived Friday morning. My roommates got home close to midnight Saturday night.

I have a wireless game controller on order that I ordered Sunday, it should be here Monday. It's supposed to be compatible with my laptop, phone, and tablet. I've been struggling with Sonic and the controls on my phone's screen. I can wait patiently for that, but I ordered 3 pairs of Crocs on Friday morning that haven't shipped yet and should be soon. Those I really can't wait much longer on because one pair is for work. The current pair I wear to work is losing their non-slip. The website stated that Covid was slowing them down.

I supported a friend's online Pampered Chef party at the beginning of April. I ordered a breakfast sandwich maker and a set of wooden spoons. They were quick to take my money but my stuff is just NOW being delivered today. I let my friend know over a week ago that if Covid was slowing her consultant down, one of them ought to email everyone who ordered to let them know. Just explain as things go rather than say nothing and get people demanding to know where their stuff is.

I'm looking forward to playing with the sandwich maker. I usually spend about $20 just on microwaveable breakfast sandwiches and burritos for work. I've bought eggs, cheese, Canadian bacon, bagels, and yogurt for almost half that price. I've got microwaveable stuff coming for Thursday and Friday, and I'll play with it on the weekend to figure out how it works and how long it takes.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

This happened Monday, but the soreness has gone down and I can write about it with a little humor. It's another "Mel vs Evil Outdoors" adventure. I usually wait to scalp my Lawn when the majority of those pesky Helicopter Seeds fall off my Silver leaf Maples. They think they are Cypress Trees. The amount of above ground root knots seems unnecessary.

Start off with the weed eater to trim around the Fence. Hit the ground tripping over a root knot covered in said seeds. Left foot hits the root, right foot tangles in the extension cord. I twist so I land on my left side and not on my weed eater. Fall #1.

Finally finish the back yard. It was a jungle. I edge the front, no probs. With my COPD, I have to take breathing breaks. I go to sit down on a smallish green plastic gardening stool. It had 12 years of Sunlight and UV. Flew apart like a gag prop. I land on my Tailbone and smack the back of my head against the side of my Brick Home. Fall #2.

After having a little pity party, I finished up. Got everything put up in my shed. sweating like a Racehorse, I figured I would sit down under the backyard tree for a bit and cool off. It was a very old patio steel chair. Hand me down. My Parents had the set when I was young. Well rust never sleeps. I sat on the edge first, then wiggled too the back. I had Cargo Pants on, wit the pockets full of rag and a few tools and extra weed eater line. Put my arms up to stretch, the chair completely collapses. Fall #3.

Due to my fat butt and stuff in my pockets, I'm stuck in this chair. My heads on the ground and my butt is in the chair, stuck up in the air. I felt like a Tutle on it's back. Finally powered my way to my hands and knees and forced that dang chair off of me. Lawn looks nice though.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

OMG! Glad you didn't break anything. I used to be bad about falling. One time, I was coming back from the bathroom and my foot plopped down on a butterfly clip. I knew what it was. But it scared me so bad my legs flew out from under me, and for a second it felt like I was parallel with the floor. Then I fell like a log. Timber! Fortunately, i wasn't hurt.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

You were fortunate to be almost flat when you hit. Spreads out the impact. Last one was not really a fall, Just my little slice of outdoors humiliatingly me. Fortunately it was in the back yard. No one saw me crawling around on my hands and knees with me stuck in that chair.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    You were fortunate to be almost flat when you hit. Spreads out the impact. Last one was not really a fall, Just my little slice of outdoors humiliatingly me. Fortunately it was in the back yard. No one saw me crawling around on my hands and knees with me stuck in that chair.
    Years ago, my mother sent me to the supermarket for a case of Bud. So, I was bopping across the parking lot and stumbled over one of those concrete parking doodlehumps. The two 12-packs flew out of my hands, and I went sprawling on my face. I had no more than pulled myself up into a squat when I noticed two women staring at me in open-mouthed disgust, thinking I was standing up falling down drunk, I'm sure. Did I mention it was 9 am? One of them said, "Oh, my God!" If there had been a manhole handy, I would have jumped in it.
    Last edited by cindyt; 04-22-2020 at 09:23 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just finished schooling someone on FB about foodservice gloves. Twit claimed she's in healthcare and demands we wash, sanitize, or sterilize our gloves between guests. ih, foodservice gloves aren't meant for that. You change them, not wash them.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Years ago, my mother sent me to the supermarket for a case of Bud. So, I was bopping across the parking lot and stumbled over one of those concrete parking doodlehumps. The two 12-packs flew out of my hands, and I went sprawling on my face. I had no more than pulled myself up into a squat when I noticed two women staring at me in open-mouthed disgust, thinking I was standing up falling down drunk, I'm sure. Did I mention it was 9 am? One of them said, "Oh, my God!" If there had been a manhole handy, I would have jumped in it.
    Was the Bud OK?
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Last summer I fell coming down the steps at the mall, missed the last step and went down. Didn't hurt myself, but felt like a damn fool. Many people were standing around just staring at me. A group of teens came over and asked me if I was okay,did I hurt myself. That threw me a bit. Helpful teens in this day and age, you would have thunk it ! I was really thankful that they did what no one else did. I should have yelled out to those just looking "Yo, fucktards nice to know some parents still know how to raise their kids ! " LOL.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

This happened Monday, but the soreness has gone down and I can write about it with a little humor. It's another "Mel vs Evil Outdoors" adventure. I usually wait to scalp my Lawn when the majority of those pesky Helicopter Seeds fall off my Silver leaf Maples. They think they are Cypress Trees. The amount of above ground root knots seems unnecessary.

Start off with the weed eater to trim around the Fence. Hit the ground tripping over a root knot covered in said seeds. Left foot hits the root, right foot tangles in the extension cord. I twist so I land on my left side and not on my weed eater. Fall #1.

Finally finish the back yard. It was a jungle. I edge the front, no probs. With my COPD, I have to take breathing breaks. I go to sit down on a smallish green plastic gardening stool. It had 12 years of Sunlight and UV. Flew apart like a gag prop. I land on my Tailbone and smack the back of my head against the side of my Brick Home. Fall #2.

After having a little pity party, I finished up. Got everything put up in my shed. sweating like a Racehorse, I figured I would sit down under the backyard tree for a bit and cool off. It was a very old patio steel chair. Hand me down. My Parents had the set when I was young. Well rust never sleeps. I sat on the edge first, then wiggled too the back. I had Cargo Pants on, wit the pockets full of rag and a few tools and extra weed eater line. Put my arms up to stretch, the chair completely collapses. Fall #3.

Due to my fat butt and stuff in my pockets, I'm stuck in this chair. My heads on the ground and my butt is in the chair, stuck up in the air. I felt like a Tutle on it's back. Finally powered my way to my hands and knees and forced that dang chair off of me. Lawn looks nice though.
    Holy shit, Mel! I'm glad you're ok. I've gotta say though that your prowess at descriptively relaying the events of your day had me laughing my ass off at times. I think that's because we've all done things like that. Maybe not all at once like you experienced, but we've been there a time or ten in our lives so far. Silver lining? You're great at descriptive writing.

I'm watching Ray Romano talk about how neurotic he is on the Late Late Show as his Zoom call video keeps freezing.

Thank you. It takes a day or two to process all the action. In the moment, it goes by so fast. I'm afraid all these storms have washed off most of my 60 freaking dollar bag of Weed and Feed.

Glad you're okay, Skully my man.

"I just go here!"

Setting up a new phone. I went with the Pixel 4XL, and I am officially old enough to need the bigger screen. Lol!

"I just go here!"

My eyeballs just crossed from that video image, Mel. Dayum!

Yay, Ria! Welcome to the club. We get perks like nice looking young men (or women, if you prefer) to lift things for us, carry stuff around for us, etc. My upper body strength is excellent. Breaking a hip will do that for ya: even after recovery. I let them do it anyway. Why not. I've earned it. You have too now. Yay! Just perfect your over the readers look, and you're in.

That's what noobs are for.

Just got over an OMG sinus headache.

Now, I may continued reading Devoted by Dean Koontz for the 2020 reading challenge club on AW or piddlefart with my historical--there's a bit I was going to add or delete but can't remember which or what. D'oh.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Cindy, have you ever tried a Neti Pot. Been doing mine, really flushes the junk out of Sinuses.

Checked my Car this morning. No hail dents. Yay. This time.

Cindy, have you ever tried a Neti Pot. Been doing mine, really flushes the junk out of Sinuses.

Checked my Car this morning. No hail dents. Yay. This time.
    No, but I'm going to order one. Thanks for sharing that.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Cursing at the miserable weather we are still having !
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Cursing at the miserable weather we are still having !
    Try holding your breath.
    I've heard that mentioned as possibly being beneficial when trying to influence the outcome of some matters of concern or matters of question.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Try holding your breath.
    I've heard that mentioned as possibly being beneficial when trying to influence the outcome of some matters of concern or matters of question.
    Stuck inside, lousy weather, I find it beneficial to blame Donald Trump for almost everything that goes wrong these days. Make him go away Jim ! LOL.

I'm watching Quantum Leap. Man, I love this show! The Comet channel shows two episodes per day, and runs a marathon of the week's episodes every weekend. Good deal because sometimes I miss a few. The "Stevie King" episode is gonna be on tomorrow. You're right, Cindy. I read what it's about, and it sounds pretty cool.

I use plain saline nasal rinse when I get allergy congestion. It works really well. Then I use my allergy medicine. A store brand of Flonase. The combo of the two, once per day for six months out of the year, works like a charm.

I also have a humidifier going in my bedroom. For some people like me, it keeps waking up with a sinus headache at bay. For folks like my mom, it does the opposite. We don't know why that is, but I'm guessing it's due to different allergy triggers.

Love that QL epi. I bought it and will likely watch it again.

I use a neutralizer three times per day to treat my COPD. It does sometimes help clear allergy congestion, otherwise, I either dab Vick's salve on my nose or use the nasal spray. Whatever works.

What am I doing? I just got up, checking the forums I belong to. After I make my writing reports, I'll likely work on my historical.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    I'm watching Quantum Leap. Man, I love this show! The Comet channel shows two episodes per day, and runs a marathon of the week's episodes every weekend. Good deal because sometimes I miss a few. The "Stevie King" episode is gonna be on tomorrow. You're right, Cindy. I read what it's about, and it sounds pretty cool.

I use plain saline nasal rinse when I get allergy congestion. It works really well. Then I use my allergy medicine. A store brand of Flonase. The combo of the two, once per day for six months out of the year, works like a charm.

I also have a humidifier going in my bedroom. For some people like me, it keeps waking up with a sinus headache at bay. For folks like my mom, it does the opposite. We don't know why that is, but I'm guessing it's due to different allergy triggers.
    Comet TV had a complete series Marathon of the re-imagined Battlestar Galatica. Lost a lot of sleep Zombie Watching.

Haven't been up long. Going to go wash my hair and then start my second writing session.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Home from work, chores done, having a drink and about to taste test the Impossible Whopper versus the original. I usually need meat in my life but after being pleasantly surprised by the veggie burger at Freddy's, I decided to give this one a try.

"I just go here!"

Never had a veggie burger, though I might like it because I love Swedish meatless meat balls.

Just got up and cut a check for my clinic. Now, I'll either twiddle my thumbs until my check is direct deposited sometime after midnight or work on by book. I've taken up playing blasterball again after about 8 or 9 years, so there's that. Hmmmmm.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Stuck inside, lousy weather, I find it beneficial to blame Donald Trump for almost everything that goes wrong these days. Make him go away Jim ! LOL.
    Or Doug Ford.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Never had a veggie burger
    Freddy's uses a corn and black bean patty. It reminded me a LOT of a burrito. With no Freddy's sauce (thousand island dressing) and sub out Monterey Jack/cheddar cheese and voila. Burrito on a bun.

"I just go here!"

I've seen them made on Tasty. I love black beans, but they don't like me. I'll pass. Lol.

Just got up. Fixing to check in with my other forums, make a grocery list for next week, and write.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Doing a little spring cleaning.

Thinking about dinner.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Doing laundry. Yay. Also ordered my own mother's day present as my kids are 2 hours away. Bath and Body Works brought back their retired fragrances online only. I hit up their buy 3 get 2 free and got shower gel, body spray, and lotion. Then I saw their new scent, Fresh Cut Lilacs. You can't find lilac scented anything anywhere, it's always lavender which I don't particularly care for. So I hit up their buy 2 get one free and got me some of that too. My mom had a lilac bush in the backyard of the house I grew up in, and lilacs are my favorite flower you can't get in a florist.

True Confession: When I moved out of that house, and would later get a job at McDonald's, walking or riding my bike past a house where the owner had a ginormous lilac bush along the sidewalk, I may or may not have figured in an extra ten minutes to my commute time to stop and inhale the lilac scent.

"I just go here!"

I love lilacs too.

What am I up to? I'm down with my back, that's what. IDK what I did, but every time I move just so the left side of my back at waist level makes me holler.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I love lilacs too.

What am I up to? I'm down with my back, that's what. IDK what I did, but every time I move just so the left side of my back at waist level makes me holler.
    I believe that the technical medical term for that is that you, "threw your back out".
    If you avoid moving in that way that makes it hurt, it will be a bit less painful.

I believe that the technical medical term for that is that you, "threw your back out".
    If you avoid moving in that way that makes it hurt, it will be a bit less painful.
    Reckon?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching season one of True Blood. I didn't bother the first time around. It sounded like just more of the Vampire craze at the time. I watched the first episode the other night and saw it was completely different than advertised at the time. I'm almost done with the first season now and already habe season two in my queue.

I'm also wondering who's falling for that infrared cure for baldness baseball cap thing that's constantly advertised on TV.

My momma always said she was "down in her back." I feel you, Cindy, my upper back has been bothering me for a while but I think I'm just too well-endowed up top. I'd like a reduction but the first thing the doctor will say is, "Lose weight first." *Sigh*

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    My momma always said she was "down in her back." I feel you, Cindy, my upper back has been bothering me for a while but I think I'm just too well-endowed up top. I'd like a reduction but the first thing the doctor will say is, "Lose weight first." *Sigh*
    I usually say "down with my back bad." I have a crooked spine and lower disk deterioration. Sometimes it's so bad that I am forced to drag my right leg. Runs in the fam. Baby's had 2 back operations. The last one parallelized her. But she finally got to where she could use a walker and then a cane, which I think she still uses. Right now it's all I can do to walk into another room, but it'll work out within the next two weeks. I hope.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

About to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. It's not often I get the day after off. Taco Bell has been ordered, and I have "poor girl's margaritas." Tequila and Diet Mountain Dew. I don't even do regular soda with liquor in it, always diet.

ETA: Yes I know Taco Bell isn't real tacos, and isn't real Mexican. I had a craving.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    About to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. It's not often I get the day after off. Taco Bell has been ordered, and I have "poor girl's margaritas." Tequila and Diet Mountain Dew. I don't even do regular soda with liquor in it, always diet.

ETA: Yes I know Taco Bell isn't real tacos, and isn't real Mexican. I had a craving.
    Heck, hubs loved Taco Bell, too. Just made my AW challenge reports: Daily writing word count, and I finished a book on the reading book club list. It was Devoted by Dean Koontz. If you like Watchers, you'll like Devoted.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching Jacksepticeye play Papers Please and sipping on the rest of last night's margarita. Little day drinking never hurt anyone and alcohol does not go to waste in my house. I drink out of metal tumblers with lids and put the liquor in the fridge and finish it the next day. Funny when you have two metal tumblers on your bedside table. Pink straw, alcohol. Green straw, soda. Lol!!!

"I just go here!"

I've seen them made on Tasty. I love black beans, but they don't like me. I'll pass. Lol.

Just got up. Fixing to check in with my other forums, make a grocery list for next week, and write.
    Me, I so enjoy red beans with rice.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.