Page 78 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2969767778798087 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,900 of 4745

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

I just woke up my insomnia is kicking my ass, it's been so hot here, and we don't have air conditioning. Right now I am making myself some food.

Just at dinner while reading Killing Jesus, which is a history of His life and times. I need to write, but haven't had any real sleep since I woke up at 2;16 am this morning. So, I'm going to lay down and close my eyes and pray for sleep.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching "Addams Family" on Netflix, the first movie, and working my way through a bottle of cherry vodka. It's been a WEEK. I HATE working Saturdays. HATE IT. College kids are coming back, ALL the orders today were HUGE ones starting with my first order of the day for $81.....THAT guest tried to demand I give her the receipt to her order but I politely declined, saying we needed to verify that her order was complete, which is true. We DO. If we hadn't had that receipt we wouldn't have been able to make sure she had all SEVEN of her stupid meals PLUS her two extra burgers and two extra drinks. *rolls eyes*

The next several months to few years will also be rough for me as I work on my healing from sexual abuse. I'm working on body issues and I've laid out six steps to reclaiming my female body for ME. I break down each step as I need to in order to work though it, and write a LOT in my journal. (Survivors working through the same stuff, feel free to message me here privately or on FB if we're friends there and I'll give you the steps. I've already given them out and they're going to help someone else.)
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

In the middle of writing up my AW writing report for Saturday.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Ria, I would love to have them but I don't have facebook anymore. I can inbox you my email addy. If you wouldn't mind emailing them.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Ria, I would love to have them but I don't have facebook anymore. I can inbox you my email addy. If you wouldn't mind emailing them.
    I can do that unless you have HangOuts or KIK.

"I just go here!"

Writing and doing research.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Checking in on things here, just got home from a two night stay in a hotel with hubby, we are supposed to take our female cat Sophie into the Vet today, but she got out the door and we can't find her, she won't show up until later this evening and her appointment is at 2:15pm we told the Vet if she isn't improving or nothing more can be done for her depending on what the exam shows we are going to have her put to sleep, she has totally stopped eating and drinking.

Could she be eating and drinks somewhere else? Some cats have two families. We had one who spent much of his time with a man up the road and another who just up and moved in with an old lady. They were brothers.

Fixing to do my devotions and then start my second writing session for today.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

No Cindy, she showed up tonight, I looked at her, she doesn't look right, she is just laying around, I finally got her mouth open to check her gums they are yellow, like jaundice, I gave her a bath and there was a lot of blood in the water, she has been staying outside, so I am guessing she is infested with fleas, she has almost become feral, so I am guessing she is anemic, fleas are so hard to kill here in California as it never gets cold enough to kill them, I force fed her some chicken broth, she took six spoonfuls of that, we are going to take her to the emergency vet hospital later today, (it's three am right now) hubby doesn't think she is going to make it through the night, now he understand why I don't like letting my pets out side, I just gave flea treatment to our dog and our other cat, with Sophie she would fight us, and just would run away.

I'll pray the vet can fix her up.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Thanks Cindy, I feel so horrible about it, I never let my pets go for long without flea treatment, but hubby was like well she hardly comes home and roams around, staying gone days at a time, and runs when you try to get her.

My beloved Blueberry sneaked out many times during the almost 14 years I had him. At the end of his life, he was just eat up with them (we didn't know he was dying). Mama had the apartment and him de-flea'd, but they found their way in and hopped on him again. Nabo handpicked the fleas off all our cats and Harry, and we never had a prob with them or with fleas in our houses.

What am I doing? Research on the crime novel. Specifically the Vietnamese Operation Babylift, The 101st US Army Airborne. And found samples and designed Billy Estrella's tats.

Now, I'm going over and make my breakfast report on My Fitness Pal.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

About to hop in the shower then get some breakfast started. My friends Wonder Twin and Mushu are on their way even as I type this. It's a 2 hour drive here from back home so I need to get a move on....

"I just go here!"

Finished the first draft of Katie Head's memorial profile for Moments in Time 2020 on my Our Town hometown blog. She has a thread on Police Blotter.

Going to eat lunch and likely edit and release the profile.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Sophie passed away in my arms 30 mins ago she came home last night and I held her all night as she was passing, we are going to bury her in the yard tonight as it's not allowed to bury animals in California, they have to be disposed of, which I think is wrong as people want to be close to their four legged babies when they pass, the vet did tell us she had a heart issue, as she just called me they had taken blood from her last week when we took her, and she didn't get back to me until today, due to having five surgeries on animals and only seeing patients one at a time they were backed up, she apologize big time and said that also by the tests her liver was failing so it was possibly a combo of heart and liver issues,that went undetected until the last blood test and we took her in every year for a comprehensive exam.

I'm so sorry...
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Thanks Cindy am just waiting for hubby to get home with the shovel.

I told you in PM, but I'm saying it again. I'm so sorry for your loss. *hugs*

Right now I'm drinking rum and Diet Coke, watching "Dirty Dancing" on Amazon Prime, and missing my friends who visited today. They arrived home safely about an hour and a half ago.

"I just go here!"

Thank you Ria, we just finished burying her, I held her one last time wrapped her in her blanket and put a cat toy with her that she had since she was a baby. Right now I just finished gaming and about to go read I think or crash, I didn't sleep all night last night. I am starting to feel it, finally ate something for the first time today and am trying to suck down some water.

PK, may she rest in peace. *sending all the hugs and cuddles you need*

Right now? I'm drinking vodka and Diet Pepsi and watching Wanda Sykes "Not Normal" on Netflix. LOVE her, she's a lesbian of color AND a comedienne.

"I just go here!"

Checking out Publix on line for Cherry vanilla ice cream and Smucker's shell chocolate--what a friend calls her "summer version of chocolate covered cherries."
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Thanks Ria, Right now am reading the full police report of the Chris Watts case, I left a link to it in the Shanann Watts thread

Welcome PK. I'm currently lying across my bed watching Sarah Hester Ross videos on YouTube. Discovered her on TikTok, LOVE her music. She's a cute little redheaded musical comedienne and has spoofed Billy Joel's Piano Man, hers is "Piano Babe," she's also spoofed Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas," hers is "All I Want For Christmas....as a Jew." She's hilarious!

"I just go here!"

Messing around. Thinking about going to bed. Exciting.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Wondering why the hell I've been awake for the last hour and a half, so since 6:30 Central time, on my DAY OFF?????

"I just go here!"

Ordered groceries, waiting for the shopper to do her/his thang.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching Sandra Valls' Playroom Karaoke. My groceries came at 10:30 this morning, like 5 hours early, BUT they took off the delivery charge since they were running a special on $1 deliveries with a promo code this weekend for the opening of the NFL season. They'd advertised it on FB, and I commented I wished I'd known about that when I'd ordered delivery for today. So they contacted ME and removed the charge altogether. I'd expected to be charge the $1 delivery, but nope. No charge! Happy girl! By the way this is from HyVee.

"I just go here!"

Eating breakfast.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Listening to a Ken Burns documentary about national parks before drifting off to sleep.

Spot editing the 1732 historical.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Listening to a Ken Burns documentary about national parks before drifting off to sleep.
    I so all enjoy all the Ken Burns stuff.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    I so all enjoy all the Ken Burns stuff.
    I've seen many of our national parks in person. Even if I hadn't, I could still listen to Ken Burns' documentary and picture them. He makes the meticulous gathering of their history, historians, and imagery seem effortless.

I loved the one I saw last month on country music too. It had so many stars I grew up listening to: Hank Williams, Waylon Jennings, Johnny and June Carter Cash, Loretta, Tammy, and Charlie Pride among others. It went all the way back to the first country artists too. I just love this dude's research skills and ability to present his findings in such an entertaining way.

Drying clothes and nodding off on my keyboard. Think I'll take a nap. Zzzzz
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Try to get myself to go to go sleep , haven't been to sleep since 10 am yesterday.

I'm trying to get over a bout of food poisoning. Chinese food. I thought i was going to die. It was exhausting. I'm not sick anymore, but I can't keep my eyes open.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Wondering why the hell I'm awake at 3:30 in the morning. Fell asleep around 11 or so. Now awake. My first alarm for work goes off in 3 hours.

"I just go here!"

Happy, hubby got a job, one we weren't expecting and one that we never even thought would contact him. I can't say anymore than that other than it's one of the three letter Alphabet agencies, also about to shop for a newer car, now that he got this unexpected dream job we can finally get rid of our well loved car that has been a good car but she is getting old and dinged up a lot, from people backing into us, sideswiping us, and trying to break in to her. Cindy I just saw your post about the food poisoning, I am so sorry. Having that is no fun glad you are feeling a bit better, yes sleep as much as you can, it takes a lot of you and sip fluids, maybe some gatorade or something like that.

Yeah, I slept all day once the pain went into low gear.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Early in Nov, have to go for a Colonoscopy
    Please wish me luck.
    At my age late 50s who knows what will happen.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Please wish me luck.
    I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm taking a wee break from writing Chapter 27 of the crime novel.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

That doesn't sound like fun. Sorry you're having to go through that. At least you'll have definitive answers about your health.

I'm watching Stephen Colbert after one of my all-time faves: Guardians of the Galaxy while my upstairs neighbor has been having his daily fit about nothing sane.

Messing around the internet. Fixing to go back to bed.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

London hope all goes well, right now trying to sleep, been up since three pm yesterday, shopping for a new car, now that hubby got his job in which he starts Wed. We are getting a new car. I already know what I want but hubby is like we'll shop some more and wait until prices go down at the end of the year, I am like ugh, I never did this much research and shopping for a car before, I went to a lot looked around, saw what I liked, test drove it had a relative, who is a mechanic, look it over, haggled over a price and got a car, nope it takes hubby several months to even pick three he may like then another few months to narrow it down then another month or so to even go to a lot goes through the test drive, the haggling, The I'll think about it and come back thing and then comes home and waits another month. I just want to scream in frustration.

Just finished spot editing two chapters in the historical. Now I'm waiting on dinner to arrive from The Blind Pig. BBQ, that is.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Please wish me luck.
    A colonoscopy likely saved my BIL's life six or seven years ago.
    They detected cancer at an early stage, he had surgery and has been doing great since.
    Me being me, I have declined to have one in spite of the insistence of my doctor for the last several years.
    But I also declined to have the emergency appendectomy he wanted me to have a couple of years ago, hopefully the colon thing will go as well as that has.
    I scheduled one back in January but then backed out because I have a thing about sedation.

I have several friends who have had them and they all say there's nothing to it, I really need to relent and get one.
    Smart people will do it; thus I have an excuse.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

I'll keep you in my thoughts, TheOtherLondon. When my time comes for that, they're gonna have to knock my ass completely OUT for it and keep me for at least a day for the anesthesia to wear off.

Right now? I'm celebrating my birthday, which is tomorrow, by drinking an entire bottle of Pinnacle whipped cream vodka and Diet Coke while watching Wanda Sykes on Netflix. (HyVee by my Freddy's doesn't carry Burnett's whipped cream, which is 70 proof, while the Pinnacle they DO carry is only 60 proof. I'll live.) I WOULD get this drunk tomorrow night but I DO work Monday morning. So tonight is best for this so I can sleep in tomorrow morning.

WOULD have had White Castle but their DoorDash closes at 5:30. So I ordered McD's DoorDash. *shrugs shoulders* Roommate says she'll make me a cake tomorrow, and my best friend and Wonder Twin and our mutual friend will visit Saturday, because that's all I really wanted was time with them. Gifts aren't important. I already have everything I want, and if I need something, it's a personal decision for me before I buy.

My roommate and I went back and forth about me picking up the cake mix and frosting for my cake, she said I couldn't buy my own cake, nor could I bake my own cake. So I didn't, but I DID order stuff to make cream cheese sweet rolls for when my friends visit next weekend, in addition to the brunch I'll make for us.

"I just go here!"

Happy early birthday Ria may it be a great one for you .

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Happy early birthday Ria may it be a great one for you .
    Thank you, PK! The ONLY thing I have scheduled for tomorrow is grocery delivery. At 1pm. That's IT. I intend to sleep till noon, and I'm getting good and drunk tonight. I tried to work on my novel, but was met with writer's block when usually writing just flows when I'm not sober. I've also toyed with the idea of writing a lesbian romance novel....and I still might....

"I just go here!"

Having a bad headache. Ouch!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD