Page 70 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2161686970717279 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,500 of 4745

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

Dang Ria gas here, is like almost four bucks a gallon. Right now about to go get some writing done, was gaming earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Dang Ria gas here, is like almost four bucks a gallon. Right now about to go get some writing done, was gaming earlier.
    It's a bit over two bucks here. I'm revising my article, The funky Shotgun Slug Jitterbug, with an eye toward publishing tomorrow.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I need to catch up on your blog cindy, I have been slacking but what I have read I enjoy it.

I need to catch up on your blog cindy, I have been slacking but what I have read I enjoy it.
    Thank you!

I've been reading and replying to comments and messages about my latest article. Fixing to eat a late lunch and watch Grey's.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    It's a bit over two bucks here. I'm revising my article, The funky Shotgun Slug Jitterbug, with an eye toward publishing tomorrow.
    Cost of living here is actually lower than in KC. Groceries are roughly the same, liquor is slightly higher, but rent is insanely cheaper. I looked around online just to see what I'd be looking at rent-wise. I found quite a few two bedroom apartments for $500/month or less. One bedroom apartments are even cheaper. And that's WITHOUT Section 8 or low income housing assistance.

If I took a two bedroom and a roommate I could pay next to nothing, but I probably would live alone and keep the second room for Miss E when she comes to visit. She's stayed back home with her dad, but will spend some time with me over each school break. It's 2 hours each way so I don't demand to get her on weekends.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Right now? Not sleeping. Fell asleep Saturday night after dinner, around 6pm or so Central time, and slept till past midnight. My sleep schedule is officially cattywhompus. Yay. And no. I'm not helping by drinking. (We are going to a deep discount store next weekend and I hope to score deals on liquor and other foods I'll eat.) I asked my roommate A to take me to Freddy's here tomorrow before 11 but after 2 so I can fill out an application in person. And yes. I'm planning on waltzing in there in one of my many Freddy's hoodies. And I plan on telling the GM there exactly where I worked for the last 3-1/2 years.

"I just go here!"

Good luck, Ria.

Fixing to nuke breakfast.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Ya girl got the job. I went in wearing jeans and one of my Freddy's hoodies, looking like an employee already. And get this, I'll get a raise. I was worried about keeping my rate of pay I was making, $10.50/hour, but the manager offered $11/hour. I'm sure my face was priceless. I won't need training or shirts.

"I just go here!"

WTG, Ria!

I'm taking a breathing treatment.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Ya girl got the job. I went in wearing jeans and one of my Freddy's hoodies, looking like an employee already. And get this, I'll get a raise. I was worried about keeping my rate of pay I was making, $10.50/hour, but the manager offered $11/hour. I'm sure my face was priceless. I won't need training or shirts.
    Congrats, Ria!
    Glad things are working out well.
    That cost of living situation has me thinking maybe a change of locale isn't such a bad idea...
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Congrats, Ria!
    Glad things are working out well.
    That cost of living situation has me thinking maybe a change of locale isn't such a bad idea...
    Thanks everyone! I didn't go up there earlier because the flu has been prancing through this house. First roommate A, then roommate K, and now their daughter Little K. Only two unscathed is me and roommate J. We stick to our rooms, only coming out for bathroom and meals.

Difference in cost of living is insane. Rent is $200-300 or more cheaper than KC and LS, and that's without section 8 or low income housing assistance. Maybe that's because this is a college town, I don't know. Gas is slightly cheaper, some grocery stuff at Walmart is cheaper. I've averaged about $60 per week for grocery orders since I came here, but then I'm also not buying groceries for Miss E as she stayed with her dad.

"I just go here!"

Fixing to take a nap.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

In case any of y'all aren't on my FB....ya girl had an AMAZING first day at the new store. There's adjustments for sure, mainly only one drive through lane. But I was offered a promotion to Trainer within 20 minutes of clocking on. Of course I said yes .

"I just go here!"

In case any of y'all aren't on my FB....ya girl had an AMAZING first day at the new store. There's adjustments for sure, mainly only one drive through lane. But I was offered a promotion to Trainer within 20 minutes of clocking on. Of course I said yes .
    I didn't get the notification. Congrats!

I'm revising A Deadly Spill of Scarlet and fixing to take my last breathing treatment for the day.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Congratulations Ria, Happy that its working in your favor- You deserve all great things- Wishing all Blessings upon you.

Revising the crime novel, fixing to do my breathing treatment and watch the current epi of Greys on Hulu.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Revising the crime novel, fixing to do my breathing treatment and watch the current epi of Greys on Hulu.
    True, I also enjoy the crime novel books.
    But also love reading true crime books.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    True, I also enjoy the crime novel books.
    But also love reading true crime books.
    Have you read If You Tell by Gregg Olsen? It is shocking to say the least.

ETA - revising the historical tonight, maybe do a bit on the crime novel, then I'm going to lay down and read Alas Babylon by Pat Frank.
    Last edited by cindyt; 02-29-2020 at 06:44 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Congrats Ria, I am so happy for you, I miss the cheaper rent for our very tiny one and half bedroom, yes 1/2 bedroom that is only big enough to put a full sized bed in that takes up most of the room or if you get a twin you can put a dresser in or a bookshelf, a very tiny kitchen, no room to put a dining table, we have to eat in the living room and a very tiny living room that can only fit a small couch, a small tv stand and my desk, plus one narrow bookshelf, one small bathroom, we pay 1475, rent sucks here big time. Right now dealing with agoraphobia, trying to make myself eat, just came out of a bout of bad depression, thus why I haven't been on, thinking about curling up in bed and watch Law and Order or Criminal Minds, wish Netflix would get the rest of the series, as I don't have cable.

Congrats Ria, I am so happy for you, I miss the cheaper rent for our very tiny one and half bedroom, yes 1/2 bedroom that is only big enough to put a full sized bed in that takes up most of the room or if you get a twin you can put a dresser in or a bookshelf, a very tiny kitchen, no room to put a dining table, we have to eat in the living room and a very tiny living room that can only fit a small couch, a small tv stand and my desk, plus one narrow bookshelf, one small bathroom, we pay 1475, rent sucks here big time. Right now dealing with agoraphobia, trying to make myself eat, just came out of a bout of bad depression, thus why I haven't been on, thinking about curling up in bed and watch Law and Order or Criminal Minds, wish Netflix would get the rest of the series, as I don't have cable.
    We have a one wall kitchen big enough for a dining table, a small living room, two full baths. I'm crammed into a tiny bedroom, and Sissy has a very large room with very little furniture in it. We split $900 per month. We live in a college town, so, Ria, you must be right about things being cheaper in yours. My hometown is a different matter.

pk, I bought the Season 13 of Criminal Minds from Prime Video and made it through epi 5 before I got bored to tears and quit it.
    I'm goofing off, fixing to take my breathing treatment and maybe get an early start on writing.
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-01-2020 at 12:30 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Congrats Ria, I am so happy for you, I miss the cheaper rent for our very tiny one and half bedroom, yes 1/2 bedroom that is only big enough to put a full sized bed in that takes up most of the room or if you get a twin you can put a dresser in or a bookshelf, a very tiny kitchen, no room to put a dining table, we have to eat in the living room and a very tiny living room that can only fit a small couch, a small tv stand and my desk, plus one narrow bookshelf, one small bathroom, we pay 1475, rent sucks here big time.
    We had some apartments in LS for that much for a one-bedroom. Hubs and I looked into them at one time, before we split and before I quit McDonald's, because they were right up the street from where we both worked. $1500 for a one bedroom, and we KNEW we couldn't afford it, much less the two-bedroom we'd need with Miss E. Our rent at that time was $775 I think and THAT was a struggle. Wages? Roughly $10/hour for him, MUCH less for me, which was why I went to Freddy's to begin with. And all complexes want you to make three times the rent, at LEAST.

Here I've got a better chance at making it on my own, making $11+/hour and working full time, I'll get a raise in 90 days or at formal promotion to Trainer, whichever happens first. Depending how much they like the work I do, I could get both raises. But that's a maybe, a wait and see. It means I will more than likely stay here permanently. I may have to go back to dissolve my marriage, but so be it. We are waiting until Miss E turns 18 so she won't end up shoved between us.

We have a one wall kitchen big enough for a dining table, a small living room, two full baths. I'm crammed into a tiny bedroom, and Sissy has a very large room with very little furniture in it. We split $900 per month. We live in a college town, so, Ria, you must be right about things being cheaper in yours. My hometown is a different matter.
    Mostly rent is what's cheaper. My current roommates pay $950/month for half a duplex with four bedrooms (two masters), two full bathrooms, kitchen, dining room, living room, two-car garage. This place is HUGE and really nice. Same place in LS would be at the very least $2K/month.

Roommates A and K are in the master bedroom on the main level with Little K, who refuses to sleep in a room alone. (She's on the autism spectrum.) I have the master on the upper level, that I'll share with Miss E when she's visiting. Lord knows there's room, because I've got a twin bed in here with a dresser and TV on a stand, I'll get a nice bed-sized air mattress for her that can be deflated and stored in my closet when she's not here. I do have a small nightstand beside the bed, and two closets, one a walk-in.

Roommate J has another room up here, and the fourth bedroom is Little K's toy room but could be Miss E's room if she chooses to come live with me. As she chooses her dad, the fourth room remains Little K's toy room. Bathroom downstairs is shared by A, K, and Little K. Bathroom upstairs is shared by me and J. Miss E will share with us when she's visiting.

My plans when I move are to find at LEAST a two-bedroom apartment. I'd like a three-bedroom so I could have a computer/craft room, but we will have to see. But at least two so Miss E or Schmoo has a place to sleep when they are able to come visit me. I'm not asking Miss E to drop her boyfriend and her school to move in with me, but I want her to know that she has a backup. I don't think Schmoo would move in, he needs to be in LS to be in his son's life. Now if he gets himself a decent car and can drive back and forth, no problem.

"I just go here!"

Meal prepped a tossed veggie salad for the week so I won't have to make one every day and mixed up 2 or 3 cups of my homemade Thousand Island dressing. I'm messing around the internet right now, waiting for a proper time to eat. I'm on a diet, and it I eat to early, I'll get the munchies before breakfast.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Got home from work about an hour ago. 9-1/2 hour shift, ya girl is plumb tuckered. Lying across my bed, watching old SVU. Drinking vodka and Diet Coke and having snacks.

"I just go here!"

Hoping for sleep. I did a buttload of writing on Saturday, and I'm too tired to doze off.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Hoping for sleep. I did a buttload of writing on Saturday, and I'm too tired to doze off.
    Drinking a lot of alcohol really fast might help.

Hungover.. Damn

Quote Originally Posted by lulubaines View Post
    Hungover.. Damn
    You should doze off for a bit, see if that helps.

Drinking a lot of alcohol really fast might help.
    I don't drink fast, but a lot over a few hours and it's night night.

Quote Originally Posted by lulubaines View Post
    Hungover.. Damn
    Not sure what hung over is as it never happens to me....and I've been known to drink an entire bottle in one sitting.....

"I just go here!"

Just put my instacart groceries up and discovered that instead of clicking off 6 bananas, I ordered just one. Hmmm.

Nabo could nurse an entire bottle of tequila without getting drunk or sleepy or hungover--except once and I bought him a box of Aqua-seltzer hangover effervescent.

Of course, there was the Tequila 1800 that knocked him for a fucking loop the last day I saw him.
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-09-2020 at 08:11 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Gaming and listening to the quiet of the day.

Dying! Baby posted one of those "My parents spanked me when I was a child" memes on FB. Yeah. Right. Imma LMAO because she got spanked twice--and I do mean 2 times in her whole spoiled childhood.

I am starving. I'm fixing to game while I do a breathing treatment. I will eat later.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just put my instacart groceries up and discovered that instead of clicking off 6 bananas, I ordered just one. Hmmm.

Nabo could nurse an entire bottle of tequila without getting drunk or sleepy or hungover--except once and I bought him a box of Aqua-seltzer hangover effervescent.

Of course, there was the Tequila 1800 that knocked him for a fucking loop the last day I saw him.
    It helps me sleep. The more I drink, the more soundly I will sleep, and fewer nightmares I have. Which was why I'd drink an entire bottle in one sitting once a week. Always when I had NOTHING to do the next day before noon, preferably nothing before 2pm. Ex-hubs used to say tequila makes your clothes fall off. Not me. When I drink I get happy, giggly, and tell the truth about anything and everything. Oh and I'll snack.

I am off tomorrow and drinking. I need to get my grocery order started. I'm not sure when my check will hit as I'm in the midst of switching cards. When I started at the new Freddy's I put in my new PayPal card for direct deposit since it's MasterCard and I won't have to worry about the pain in the neck that was AMEX. PayPal claims to do the same things as my Bluebird AMEX did: paid two days early, deposit checks through the app. We get paid Thursday but I'm used to mine hitting between 9 and 10 Tuesday night.

"I just go here!"

Cindy, in response to buying season 13 of Criminal Minds I'll either buy the box set when it comes out as their last season is the current one and there maybe a boxed dvd set of all the seasons, if not I'll buy them one at a time, it sucks that 13 was boring for you, I haven't seen it yet, as we don't have cable I watch whatever hulu or netflix has and I am not about to pay for something on prime video when it should be free with your prime account.

"Not sure what hung over is as it never happens to me....and I've been known to drink an entire bottle in one sitting..... "

Ria, I am SO jealous.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Cindy, in response to buying season 13 of Criminal Minds I'll either buy the box set when it comes out as their last season is the current one and there maybe a boxed dvd set of all the seasons, if not I'll buy them one at a time, it sucks that 13 was boring for you, I haven't seen it yet, as we don't have cable I watch whatever hulu or netflix has and I am not about to pay for something on prime video when it should be free with your prime account.
    Yeah, I agree. And there are many free movies and TV shows. But, I don't have TV at all, and am happy to pay to watch certain shows, like Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood, The Dirt, and I plan on watching JUDY. I am really picky about my choices and rarely disappointed, but it happens.

I just finished my first writing session.
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-10-2020 at 02:47 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    "Not sure what hung over is as it never happens to me....and I've been known to drink an entire bottle in one sitting..... "

Ria, I am SO jealous.
    That's what happens when you get a bad bottle of Crown Royal.
    You can tell it's bad because you drink it all, then the next morning you feel bad, have a headache, that sort of thing.

Yeah, I agree. And there are many free movies and TV shows. But, I don't have TV at all, and am happy to pay to watch certain shows, like Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood, The Dirt, and I plan on watching JUDY. I am really picky about my choices and rarely disappointed, but it happens.

I just finished my first writing session.
    Any of y'all tried services like Sling TV - all kinds of channels and shows, like $20 a month, no contract, etc.
    You can have it for a month, quit it for a month, have it again, just however you want to use it.

I haven't tried it yet but I probably will.
    I'm in the process of moving, I'm not going to pay $75-$100+ a month for cable and internet.
    I haven't even turned the TV on since the Superbowl.
    That doesn't sound like a long time, but I think the last time I turned it on before that was - the Superbowl; last year.

I have all I can watch right now with Hula, Netflix, Starz, and Prime.

Just finished my second writing session and fixing to make my AW writing reports. I may lay down and read after that.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Fixing to eat a way late brunch while binge-watching Season 3 of Stranger Things, which premiered on Netflix today.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post

Ria, I am SO jealous.
    Sorry. Lol. I say it's because I'm heavy. Ex-hubs says it's because I'm Mexican. "You people are made to drink tequila like it's water." ROFL. He's not wrong.

That's what happens when you get a bad bottle of Crown Royal.
    You can tell it's bad because you drink it all, then the next morning you feel bad, have a headache, that sort of thing.

Any of y'all tried services like Sling TV - all kinds of channels and shows, like $20 a month, no contract, etc.
    You can have it for a month, quit it for a month, have it again, just however you want to use it.

I haven't tried it yet but I probably will.
    I'm in the process of moving, I'm not going to pay $75-$100+ a month for cable and internet.
    I haven't even turned the TV on since the Superbowl.
    That doesn't sound like a long time, but I think the last time I turned it on before that was - the Superbowl; last year.
    Well yeah Jim, an entire bottle of whiskey will do that to ya.

As for Sling no I don't have it either. My roommates pay for cable and wifi, but once I move out I'll get a digital box, pay for wifi, and keep my current streams: Netflix, Hulu, Prime, and Disney+. I seldom watch TV as it airs anyway, and when I do it's on "local" channels. Grey's Anatomy, Idol, The Voice, SVU. All on local channels.

"I just go here!"

I haven't been reading this thread as often as I used to. Good for you for being brave and being you, Ria. As you can tell, I'm now caught up.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    I haven't been reading this thread as often as I used to. Good for you for being brave and being you, Ria. As you can tell, I'm now caught up.

Thanks. You are referring to my coming out of the closet, right? And deciding to stay permanently in the college town I moved to? More money for the same job, cheaper rent, LGBTQ-friendly city, what's not to like?

"I just go here!"

Thanks. You are referring to my coming out of the closet, right? And deciding to stay permanently in the college town I moved to? More money for the same job, cheaper rent, LGBTQ-friendly city, what's not to like?
    I think she's referring to the whole "Mexican" thing.
    I hope you're setting some of that extra money back, that danged wall is gonna be expensive.
    Maybe you could get a few other Mexicans to chip in with you before the first payment is due.

Yep.

I think she's referring to the whole "Mexican" thing.
    I hope you're setting some of that extra money back, that danged wall is gonna be expensive.
    Maybe you could get a few other Mexicans to chip in with you before the first payment is due.
    ROFLMAO! Actually I was born and raised in KC, adopted into a white family who raised me as though I were a little white girl. Besides I think the wall is a terrible idea. Always have. Putting up a wall won't stop the criminals who are already here. Besides every single mass shooter has been a white male. Not brown. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Yep.
    Thanks.

"I just go here!"

Ordering my groceries from Publix. They were out of some brands I usually buy, but I managed, though I did have to buy green bananas which takes days to ripen and Ocean Spray cranberry juice instead of their brand. Fortunately they were stocked with Meow Mix, because Bella the rabbit-tailed cat turns her nose up at anything but that and Friskies Indoor, and will not touch people food. AND. instacart's shoppers were too busy to deliver today. Sissy works tomorrow and Monday, going in around 10 am and not getting off until 9 or 10 pm. So, I set the date and time for Tuesday. No worries. We have food.

What is hilarious to me is, I keep having flashbacks of The Stand and I Am Legend, and I'm currently reading Alas, Babylon, which is about a pocket of survivors of the H-Bomb. There's a run on toilet pager--who would have thought it? Lol. And finally, no electricity, running water, gasoline, etc., etc., no food at all except what game, fish, and garden.
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-14-2020 at 07:37 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Eating lunch ridiculously late because I was too busy at work earlier to take a break. I'm used to being bombarded by students, but no eat, brain no workie. A fact I remind them of when they stress out, and fuzzy logic creeps in. Welcome to finals prep, folks!

Just finished writing for the day. Now, I'm going to read while finishing dinner.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Binging SVU after a late breakfast of cereal and a bagel, just paid Miss E's phone bill. Ex-Hubs is helping with ours since my check was partial as I'd started in the middle of the pay period.

And Shipt totally fucked me by automatically charging the $99 yearly membership rather than starting the 14-day free trial. I'm disputing that. Left a review on it in the Play Store only for them to reply, "You knew what you were signing up for." Well that's a story for the vent thread....

"I just go here!"

Taking a breathing treatment.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching Harry Potter/ Prisoner of Azkaban, may play a game in a bit, not positive. Thinking of maybe doing an instacart order but we don't really need anything so it wouldn't be snacks lol