Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3171787980
Results 3,951 to 3,967 of 3967

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    As far as I know traumatic events don't cause Bipolar, it runs in the family and is a chemical imbalance in the brain, however she could have PTSD, Panic attacks, depression which could be caused by her kidnapping, it's hard to diagnose bipolar as it mimics so many other mental health issues.
    I was about to say this. Bipolar is hereditary. Trauma can cause lots of things but an inherited chemical imbalance isn't one of them. PTSD, anxiety, depression, DID if young enough, yes. An inherited condition? No.

My daddy had manic depression, that we now call bipolar. His lay dormant most of his life until a humongous life change triggered it. He was laid off from a job he'd done for nearly thirty years. He felt useless for a while and that triggered the manic depression that was always there. Both his brother and sister had it too.

My DID did NOT lay dormant. Alters took over for me and presented as me to protect me from what was going on. As a result, I remember very little of my childhood and adolescence, just bits and pieces here and there.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

Having a happy. One of Brandon Lee's best friends, the character actor Bill Allen, liked my reply on his timeline post.

Not sleeping. I crashed around 10, woke at midnight and then again at 2:30. I still haven't gone back to sleep. And my first alarm goes off in less than 2 hours. I am gonna hate life later. At least I have a short day and plenty of coffee.

Clicking through the rooms on For the Love of Old Houses on facebook. Going to lay down.

Trying to do self care after my therapy session, so I am going to stay in bed, snuggling with Pepe, my cat, sleep and maybe read.
    No More Stolen Sisters.

Trying to do self care after my therapy session, so I am going to stay in bed, snuggling with Pepe, my cat, sleep and maybe read.
    *Huge hugs* self care after T is SO important. I used to either have the whole day off so I could do self care after or I'd work mornings and have my appointment be at 4pm. (Last pickup for OATS is 5pm.) Once my insurance is squared away I'm going to look into going back. I have a dedicated day off a week now so I have a day to plan.

Right now I'm drinking. I NEED to sleep through the night tonight. I haven't the last two nights. Not sure if it's election stress, anxiety over something that happened last night (in the vent thread), just menopause, OR all three. Wonder Twin thinks it could be all 3. Yay. We're going to try a little "night night Ria juice."

Hugs to you both.

Moderating. I had a sinus flare up and had to go to bed directly after evening devotions. I haven't touched my ebook editing since the wee hours yesterday. At least I got one chapter under my belt to report on AW, and some added new wordage. I feel pretty good right now and expect to open the WIP early.

right now just watching some of the live updates and reading twitter and all of Trump's rabid fans go off. Thanks for the hugs, Yes Ria self care is important, I was also diagnosed as being Bipolar a week or so ago. Hell I think it was a week ago maybe two weeks. Trying to decide what I want to eat, as I am not hungry. I feel like going back to sleep.
    No More Stolen Sisters.

Messing around online, reading the repub shines and accusations on FB. Going to make sandwiches and eat while watching Left Behind 2: The Tribulation Force. These Left Behind movies are pretty good, and I'm picky about what holds my attention. May take the rest of the day off of edits and just chill. IDK.

Feeling so good today that a new President and Madam Vice President has been elected, wiping away happy tears.
    No More Stolen Sisters.

I don't feel well, that's what I'm doing.

Feeling so good today that a new President and Madam Vice President has been elected, wiping away happy tears.
    Same.

Also having a case of nerves. I met someone on FB Dating yesterday. We both matched, I messaged hello. I was drinking so while I wasn't drunk, I was a bit tipsy and with the liquid courage I made the first move. She texts back that she thinks I'm "cute as hell." Well I naturally hid my face, because if I was white I'd have been red. We talked all evening and a bit this morning.

She had wanted to meet for coffee today but I had to be at work at 8am for a meeting and then worked 11-4. Plus I hadn't done laundry and needed to. Badly. I wouldn't have had anything to wear if I hadn't. SO. We're meeting tomorrow at my Freddy's. Good place for several reasons: public place for a first meeting, people there I know, and I know the area and can get myself home if need be. And she had never had it and wanted to try it.

Hope you have a nice time, Ria.

Watching SNL.

It went really well. I got my usual kids meal (because I just don't eat much in one sitting) and we got to talking and not paying attention, I finished my entire meal which I almost NEVER do. We went for coffee after and talked some more. She had things to do this afternoon, but I think I'm seeing her again.

The best part? She didn't even try to hold my hand. You don't know how refreshing that is. Most of the girls I've talked to have a one track mind: sex and getting into my pants. I am not that kind of girl. I'm lesbian yes but I'm also demisexual. I can't do those kinds of things if I don't have feelings or a connection with someone. Boils down to I'm not easy.

Ria I am glad it went well,I hope it continues to do so, girl you deserve happiness.
    No More Stolen Sisters.

Outcome of that date is in the vent thread. I'm not gonna rehash it here.

Right now? I'm drinking vodka and Diet Coke, watching Sister Act 2, and piddlefarting on Facebook and TikTok. TikTok has really helped me come out of my shell a bit and has helped me start to overcome the fear of the camera on me. Due to my past, I never liked the camera on me, whether it be a video camera or just taking pictures. My mom getting me to sit for school portraits was quite the struggle, and she had no clue why.