Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2262697071
Results 3,501 to 3,524 of 3524

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

About to go down for dinner. Miss E's school is closed through April 3, but because of roommate A's lack of immune system right now she can't come visit me until probably summer break. *sigh* AND the neighbor lady is being tested for corona, and if she has it we will all have to quarantine for two weeks. She brings over food constantly, and was here a few days ago.

I can still work, for now, but we are taking serious precautions. We have to wear gloves now most of the time, we have to give the guests lids, straws, napkins, and all condiments. All food is bagged carryout. They can eat it in the dining room if they want though, we just have to give them everything they need. And since we are portioning up fry sauce for them, we can limit how much they take. For example no giving them 3 or 4 sauces for one fry.

Since the crackdown on gatherings of more than 10 people there's a chance we could go drive through only. Although I hope not because our drive through can barely fit 4 cars including the one at window before causing a traffic jam. My old store back home would fare much better than we would on drive through only. I think if it comes to that, District Manager T may close us down first. We are at the end of a strip mall and barely have a drive through as it is. I'm off tomorrow so we shall see when I go back Wednesday.

In other news, Shipt never responded to my email and I was ignored in the "live chat." SO. On every ad for them on FB that I stumbled upon in my feed, I commented what they had done. Finally, after the third comment, they reached out to me. They canceled my membership and are refunding the $99. I told them I had liked the service, and if given the free trial would have willingly paid the membership fee. However forcing it on me is one way to guarantee to piss me off. What should have been a $90 grocery order, with about two weeks' worth of food, ended up being damn near $200 that I couldn't afford. For the record, I wasn't the only one. Seems they make a habit of doing that.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

There's 3 cases of corona in Athens-Clark, where I live. The state government enacted a 9 pm curfew, Sissy says. Sissy had to leave work just before 8 pm tonight to get home by then. Tomorrow is her regular day off, and then she's on leave for over two weeks with one of vacation pay. She has money, plus she hasn't deposited my half of the rent.

I'm fixing to eat while reading The Covenant by James Michener. Then, I need to put my last load of laundry in the dryer and get started on my second writing session.
    "Do no harm, But take no crap."-- pksracy

On hold with T-Mobile. Again. Because Shipt fucked me over, I now have an issue paying my phone bill. I asked ex-hubs to help. He said he would. I need to make sure he did. After being on hold for 3-1/2 hours, no lie, I gave up. I hung up, called back, and opted for THEM to call ME when the next available rep was ready. I'd called right after I got home from work, thinking I'd be on hold for an hour or so. HA. By the time I gave up, at 9pm my time, I was starving. so after I got the callback set up I went and reheated my dinner. After eating I went back to my room and messed around on Facebook and my games. T-Mobile calls me back half an hour ago.....AND PUTS ME ON HOLD!!!! The fuck???

unnamed.png

I'm having a sad. Because. If I'm not dreaming about dead people, I'm dreaming about my husband. I could handle the bad days, but these dreams are when life was good.

Otherwise, I just finished a writing session and fixing to make my reports on AW.

T-Mobile taken care of. Shipt FINALLY responded to my email from LAST WEEK, three days AFTER someone else responded to my Facebook comments. Told me my refund would take 5-10 business days to hit my account, after the first person said 2-3 business days. I am not one to be messed with because I fired back an email, "So, you're telling me that it will take 5-10 business days to process my refund and get it back to my account? You sure didn't take 5-10 business days before taking my money for a membership I didn't want." 12 hours later, refund processed into my account.

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    T-Mobile taken care of. Shipt FINALLY responded to my email from LAST WEEK, three days AFTER someone else responded to my Facebook comments. Told me my refund would take 5-10 business days to hit my account, after the first person said 2-3 business days. I am not one to be messed with because I fired back an email, "So, you're telling me that it will take 5-10 business days to process my refund and get it back to my account? You sure didn't take 5-10 business days before taking my money for a membership I didn't want." 12 hours later, refund processed into my account.
    Good for you, Ria!

I just ordered a good haul from Publix online. I need to eat.

Checking out Kobo for new mystery novels.
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

Messing around. Trying to decide whether to take the day off from writing or jump in. I am exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Good for you, Ria!

I just ordered a good haul from Publix online. I need to eat.
    Thanks! I'm not one to be messed with. Lol! I ordered from our local store Gerbes. Walmart had NO delivery times within the next 7 days, HyVee didn't have half my list. None of them had paper towels or toilet paper. Gerbes had it but only for in-store purchase, not delivery. I got the main things we needed. Butter, milk, stuff for me to make dinner for us all probably Sunday, Diet Coke, extra breakfast stuff for me and frozen lunches in case Freddy's closes before I get paid.

Those are the only delivery services we have unless I want to pay $99 for Shipt, and Instacart doesn't take my prepaid card but DOES fulfill orders from Gerbes. *perplexed look* Roommate K reminded me we can do curbside pickup and she can take me to pick it up. I'm just fiercely independent and if K is working there would be no car even if A could leave the house, K would have it. He's on house arrest kind of for his own health. He can take me to work and pick me up on Saturdays but just can't get out of the car. There's a HyVee right by my Freddy's and if I get off on time tomorrow I may pop in to Wine & Spirits and get a few bottles to save me delivery fees from the liquor store.

Also got some vanilla pudding cups for Little K. It's the only flavor she likes that we don't have to worry might be sweetened with fruit juice. Poor kid is allergic to apples of all things. Can't have it in cereal, in glaze on ham, anything that is sweetened with fruit or fruit juice has apple in it. If Little K is eating it, we have to read labels carefully.

I just got my butt buddy bidet in and am about to set it up for when we run out of toilet paper, and paper towels, bought it on amazon for like 34 dollars, easy to install and you can remove it later if you want to.
    Do no harm, But take no crap.

We don't have bidets, and good reason too. I wouldn't be able to leave the bathroom. *wink* ROFLMAO.

SO. I got to work today, prepared to work 11-4 as usual. I'm a transplant from another store but still considered a new hire. New hires at my current store start out part time, and I'm okay with it, for now, because my rate of pay is higher than back home. BUT I show up to work and I'm told they have to cut everyone by 2pm Central time. I was cut at 12:30. Wasn't worth leaving the house for. *sigh* I'm off till Thursday, that is if we aren't closed by then. And with the cuts in hours today I suspect that will happen. Missouri is on a statewide shelter in place order. My county had been a little lax, waiting a while before first complying with no more than 50 gathered, and then no more than 10 which closed our lobby. We had been drive through only since Friday afternoon.

Ria I would suggest getting one the butt buddy attaches under your toilet seat, turn off the water to your tank, flush the water out, then attach the hose and then attach your water hose to the t attachment and then to the bottom of the bidet, it's very easy, just in case you can't get tp we haven't had tp in the stores in weeks, when we get some in some twit buys it up, or people rush to get it faster than they can stock it. Laughing my ass off as people will be trying to return the hoarded supplies, some already have and Costco said nope no returns.

As of right now, it's not a necessary purchase. I'll get paid tomorrow or Wednesday, I'm not sure which because I switched accounts. (Old account was AMEX and I had trouble with it not being accepted in some places.) I'm ordering more groceries, pretty much my money is being spent on food. I stocked up the other day on alcohol, so I should be okay there for a while, and I can go for a while without if necessary. I'm also in the midst of getting my 401K mailed to me in a check, since they won't hold it for a year and roll it over into a new one with my current store. I know I'll have to pay 10% of it at tax time next year, but for the help now when I actually NEED it, it's priceless.

Binge listening to the Beatles youtube channel.

Watching "Shaft" with my roommate. Samuel L. Jackson drives the same as John Shaft and Nick Fury. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Watching "Shaft" with my roommate. Samuel L. Jackson drives the same as John Shaft and Nick Fury. Lol
    You know it!

About to watch the second half of an episode of Extras starring Samuel L. Jackson. How weird is that, lol.

Life is like a box of chocolates: unless it was sent to you by Divine.

Fixing to write checks for bills. Then revise a section of the historical novel. I might work on the crime book afterward or wait until later.

Crying. (i'll talk about it later. )

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Crying. (i'll talk about it later. )
    (((((Hugs)))))

Thanks Cindy, Depression was kicking my ass and got notice a friend of mine died, not of the corona, but she lost her battle with cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Thanks Cindy, Depression was kicking my ass and got notice a friend of mine died, not of the corona, but she lost her battle with cancer.
    I've had bouts of depression since my husband pulled the gun stunt; sometimes I can barely get out of bed. So I know what it's like. Sorry about your friend.

I'm waiting on dinner to arrive.

Sorry for your loss, Tracy.

I'm listening to the Burns and Allen Show. They're still one of my favorite comedy duos of all-time. I remember reading George's autobiography. He said Gracie was the real brain behind their act, and he never remarried because she was his one true love.

Life is like a box of chocolates: unless it was sent to you by Divine.

Watching Life with Father, staring William Powell, Irene Dunne, and a young adult Elizabeth Taylor.

I'm sorry for your loss, PK. *hugs*

I'm lying across my bed, torn between going back to sleep and getting up, getting dressed, and going downstairs for breakfast. Every so often, Beast will saunter in, meow at me, and saunter out. I'm almost certain she's saying, "Eat!" I have a box full of snacks in my room, but the real food is downstairs in the kitchen.