Page 30 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2128293031323979 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,500 of 4745

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

navallint Guest
    Binge watching The Walking Dead.

Watching the last season of MasterChef. Somehow I missed this one, not sure how that happened. Kids keep telling me I need to go on Hell's Kitchen, but I said, "Nope. Two reasons. One, I cannot come up with a signature dish that I can make in 45 minutes, my signature dish is pizza and takes 3 hours. Two, the first time Ramsey went off on me, I'd fire back and be kicked out of the kitchen." Not to mention, you have to go in there knowing how to cook things like risotto and other things nobody else in my house will touch but me.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Watching the last season of MasterChef. Somehow I missed this one, not sure how that happened. Kids keep telling me I need to go on Hell's Kitchen, but I said, "Nope. Two reasons. One, I cannot come up with a signature dish that I can make in 45 minutes, my signature dish is pizza and takes 3 hours. Two, the first time Ramsey went off on me, I'd fire back and be kicked out of the kitchen." Not to mention, you have to go in there knowing how to cook things like risotto and other things nobody else in my house will touch but me.
    Have you ever cooked a pizza pot pie? I saw one on FB. OMGosh!

I'm piddlefarting around. May take an after dinner nap and then edit.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Have you ever cooked a pizza pot pie? I saw one on FB. OMGosh!
    I've never heard of that. I've heard of stuffed crust, and made it a couple of times. It's expensive as hell because you use string cheese and that ain't cheap. You flatten your dough an extra two inches in diameter, arrange the string cheese in a circle, and wrap the dough around it. Sauce, top, and bake like usual.

Then I've heard of stuffed pizza. Where you lay one layer of dough down, sauce it, and add cheese and toppings. Add a second layer of dough on top of that, sealing it together with the bottom layer. Sauce, cheese, and add more toppings if you want. You have to bake that one a little longer because of the double layers of dough. I don't do that one very often because it can be tricky to get the two layers of dough to seal enough that sauce doesn't leak out.

I'll also make calzone for a change of pace. Flatten the dough to about 8" or so in diameter. Sauce, cheese, and top half of it, and fold the other half over. Seal it shut, prick it with a fork a couple of times, and bake it. When I make it for the four of us, I do the fork-pricks in the shape of the first letter of our names.

Easiest is French bread pizza. Buy the French bread already baked (or bake your own if you're ambitions or not afraid to open the Pillsbury can LOL), slice it in half length-wise, then cut them down to whatever size you like. Smaller for kids. Sauce, cheese, top, and bake but only for 5 minutes or so, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.

"I just go here!"

I've never heard of that. I've heard of stuffed crust, and made it a couple of times. It's expensive as hell because you use string cheese and that ain't cheap. You flatten your dough an extra two inches in diameter, arrange the string cheese in a circle, and wrap the dough around it. Sauce, top, and bake like usual.

Then I've heard of stuffed pizza. Where you lay one layer of dough down, sauce it, and add cheese and toppings. Add a second layer of dough on top of that, sealing it together with the bottom layer. Sauce, cheese, and add more toppings if you want. You have to bake that one a little longer because of the double layers of dough. I don't do that one very often because it can be tricky to get the two layers of dough to seal enough that sauce doesn't leak out.

I'll also make calzone for a change of pace. Flatten the dough to about 8" or so in diameter. Sauce, cheese, and top half of it, and fold the other half over. Seal it shut, prick it with a fork a couple of times, and bake it. When I make it for the four of us, I do the fork-pricks in the shape of the first letter of our names.

Easiest is French bread pizza. Buy the French bread already baked (or bake your own if you're ambitions or not afraid to open the Pillsbury can LOL), slice it in half length-wise, then cut them down to whatever size you like. Smaller for kids. Sauce, cheese, top, and bake but only for 5 minutes or so, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
    With pizza pot pie you cook up a thick meat sauce. You make up the crust and lay it over a salad bowl, cook, pour in sauce, add cheese, put on a top crust, bake, and it looks good.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

With pizza pot pie you cook up a thick meat sauce. You make up the crust and lay it over a salad bowl, cook, pour in sauce, add cheese, put on a top crust, bake, and it looks good.
    That sounds pretty good! Right now, though, I'm waiting for pizza delivery. Feeling like death warmed over. I had hoped I wouldn't be in the drive-through window, but no. The regular window-girl is now being cross-trained for grill, SO...I'm in the window. Yay. Now my cold is worse.

"I just go here!"

Listening to Madonna's "Immaculate Collection" and resting before dinner. School was out today meaning we were SLAMMED at Freddy's. OMG. Everybody and their brother came to eat today, even the daughter of one of the supervisors of the franchise that owns the McDonald's I used to work at.

"I just go here!"

Just finished dinner and then gamed. Going to take a nap and then start editing. I revised a whopping 7,800 words last night and early this morning. A record.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Perusing the interwebs, piddlefarting, dillydallying, and drinking.

"I just go here!"

PurrPurr Guest
    I'm updating my playlist of workout music. A few songs weren't doing it for me anymore and I needed some new tunes. Lucky for me I found a few 'new' songs that I know will get my adrenaline going.

Taking a break from editing. I've already done over 4,000 words and day is still young (for me).
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Gazing at the moon.

Got chicken warming in the Crock Pot, cheesy rice and green beans cooking on the stove. Alternating between playing Criminal Case and piddlefarting on Facebook and here.

"I just go here!"

Eating my dinner apple after spot editing Part VIII.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just took a shower. May poke around Netflix till it's time to leave for my haircut.

Did the afternoon dishes
    Cleaned the tub and toilet
    charging my phone
    Now I'm relaxing in a warm home while the first official snowfall occurs out side, as I wait for FedEx and ponder something to watch on Netflix.

Listening to some country music (Dixie Chicks), perusing the interwebs, thinking about dinner, thinking about packing tomorrow's lunch.

"I just go here!"

Fiddlefarting around. Fixing to edit.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Backing up the 500+ words and word replacement I did tonight. To be fair, I wrote it cold and it was like pulling teeth because it's been a long time since i was a little boy. Feature two 10yo boys, one white, one Choctaw, who meet in the woods in 1733. They can't understand each others language so they must rely on sign and mime to communicate. I figured that one out, but had trouble with what to give them to do. (I doubt they would play house as I used to do.) So I finally had Albert go into his pirate playacting and came up with a great ending to that chapter.

I've got another chapter to write cold during the next session. It's about Isi and Mimi's deepening friendship and shouldn't be too much of a challenge. I hope that concludes writing new pieces.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Lying in bed, under the covers, having a cozy. I'm about to get up, get the ribs started in the Crock Pot, then return to my cozy and watch Thursday's Grey's Anatomy.

"I just go here!"

Still in bed myself, debating if I want to stay here a while or get up.. Decisions decisions...

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcP View Post
    Still in bed myself, debating if I want to stay here a while or get up.. Decisions decisions...
    Hi Ria and Marty, Well, That makes three of us still in bed- Husband just went to work, I've got tons of laundry to do including ironing- (hate ironing sheets) but its staring me in the face.
    So, I'll get up in a little while...I'm procrastinating..

Makes four. I'm up for a break in sleeping.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Makes five... left work early and went to the local Urgent Care center, where I got a bronchitis diagnosis. Picked up my prescriptions and am now home and back in bed. Thank goodness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Just did the dishes. About to organize the Christmas gifts for my man...as soon as said man leaves.. I have him the task of grocery shopping.. he'll be gone a good bit .

fiddlefarting around waiting for dinner, then I will probably take a nap and edit later.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just got up. Having my morning coffee.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Slowly regaining the ability to smell. Ribs smell AMAZING, by the way. Piddlefarting around on the Interwebs, about to start the sides to go with the ribs, mac and cheese and either corn or green beans. Haven't decided yet. Listening to music, got a bottle of whipped cream vodka in the freezer chilling. I bought it two weeks ago and felt like death warmed over so did not drink it. Feeling better tonight, so drinking it. LOL

"I just go here!"

Slowly regaining the ability to smell. Ribs smell AMAZING, by the way. Piddlefarting around on the Interwebs, about to start the sides to go with the ribs, mac and cheese and either corn or green beans. Haven't decided yet. Listening to music, got a bottle of whipped cream vodka in the freezer chilling. I bought it two weeks ago and felt like death warmed over so did not drink it. Feeling better tonight, so drinking it. LOL
    Happy to hear your finally feeling better. I had hubs find some of the forementioned whipped cream vodka tiny keep talking about...I'm looking forward to having some later in some orange crush.

About to sleep or nap...been a long day

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcP View Post
    Happy to hear your finally feeling better. I had hubs find some of the forementioned whipped cream vodka tiny keep talking about...I'm looking forward to having some later in some orange crush.

About to sleep or nap...been a long day
    McCormick's, Burnett's, and Pinnacle all make whipped cream vodka. McCormick's and Pinnacle's is only 60-proof, while Burnett's is 80-proof. I drink Burnett's. I'm a lush, but I'm a cheap lush. Pinnacle also makes a cake vodka that is DELISH. I had some for my birthday. Not sure about the area you're in, but where I am, "360" also makes different flavors of vodka, most notably chocolate. I mixed chocolate vodka and whipped cream vodka one night and got completely toasted. It was great.

"I just go here!"

I was just fixing to edit when what caught my eye but a recipe for creamy grape salad. Red and green grapes, cream cheese, vanilla flavoring, cinnamon, sugar. OMGosh! Yuck! It might take me a while to get over that.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I was just fixing to edit when what caught my eye but a recipe for creamy grape salad. Red and green grapes, cream cheese, vanilla flavoring, cinnamon, sugar. OMGosh! Yuck! It might take me a while to get over that.
    That actually sounds kinda like a fruit salad my other half likes....lol.

I'm listening to my stomach growl. Going to clean out the litter box in a few then I suppose I ought to have lunch.

Putting on my housecoat. It's kind of chilly in here. Did a one-line edit. I'll pick the revisions up later and hope I can finish the chapter. I had trouble writing the last one and can't shut up on these current pivotal scenes.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

PurrPurr Guest
    Finished a truckload of editing on my latest WIP. Things are moving along well...I may have this one done ahead of schedule at the current rate I'm going.

I'm almost doe with the third draft. The fourth shouldn't take as long to edit. I did a bit more editing. Surfed for the Choctaw word for bear and stumbled onto the correct word for lake and changed it. The body of water is actually a creek, but lake is as close as I can get in their language. Trying to decide whether to eat dinner now or play games. Hmmm.... Eat while reading the first ever issue of Life Magazine, online.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Doing food prep for my week's lunches. Because I'm still a bit under the weather, I bought stuff that didn't need a whole lot of prep. Mini peppers I put whole into my lunchbox, strawberries, baby carrots. Hard-boiling a dozen eggs because Schmoo wanted a few and I'm gonna make myself some egg salad I think.

As if to add insult to injury, Shark Week began. I was hoping to have a few extra days before so I could get paid and get a couple of energy drinks because dammit I'm drained. It sucks being anemic. Looks like tomorrow's coffee will be a mix of pumpkin spice and dark roast. LOL

"I just go here!"

Teasing Nessa and Jefe's wife on FB. Gaming. Fixing to nap, then when I get up start a long session of editing.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Last edited by hisandhearse; 10-24-2016 at 07:02 AM.

Finished the food prep, didn't have much to do. Slicing tomatoes and boiling eggs. Everything else is ready-to-go. Lunch packed: veggie wrap, 2 hard boiled eggs, 2 mini sweet peppers, strawberries, baby carrots, and a Cara Cara orange sliced 'cuz I don't have enough fingernails to peel it. Right now, I'm listening to music (Lady Gaga at the moment), sipping some sweet tea, and waiting for the conference call for my other job that starts in 40 minutes.

Have I mentioned how much I love the Lipton Sweet Tea K-cups for the Keurig??? No? I LOVE them. They also have unsweet tea, but I like sweet. Hubby loves the hot chocolate K-cups. Rumor has it Campbell's will be coming out with some for some of their soups. Not too sure how that would work, but depending on the flavors they'll offer, I might be willing to give it a go.

"I just go here!"

Gearing up to edit. Ria, my MC has been kidnapped and raped by a renegade Indian. She has gone into herself to escape the abuse (which happens between chapters). She has been rescued and I'm trying to figure out a realistic way to bring her out of it. I'm thinking once she realizes she safe she will slowly come back. What do you think?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Gearing up to edit. Ria, my MC has been kidnapped and raped by a renegade Indian. She has gone into herself to escape the abuse (which happens between chapters). She has been rescued and I'm trying to figure out a realistic way to bring her out of it. I'm thinking once she realizes she safe she will slowly come back. What do you think?
    Yep, I think that you are right. She needs to feel safe and to know that it'll never happen again, she's protected.

ETA: Insomnia sucks. So does having to factory reset your phone. Ugh, I started having problems with it, so I cleared the cache. Rebooted the phone only to see a message: "Unauthorized program installed, phone locked. See carrier to unlock." WTF.

Naturally, T-Mobile was closed, and I NEED my phone for the alarm clock since SOMEONE lost my tablet. So in a fit of desperation I factory reset it. I had luckily backed up my phone recently, and any pictures I'd taken since that were good I posted on Facebook. I'll need to hook it up to the computer probably tomorrow and get my music back. I listen to Spotify most of the time, anyway.

Considering an upgrade, but the Note 7 is no longer being sold or manufactured because they explode. Kind of leery of Samsung now, so maybe I'll hold on to this phone until T-Mobile gets the Google Pixel.
    Last edited by RiaBrown; 10-24-2016 at 12:12 AM.

"I just go here!"

Yep, I think that you are right. She needs to feel safe and to know that it'll never happen again, she's protected.

ETA: Insomnia sucks. So does having to factory reset your phone. Ugh, I started having problems with it, so I cleared the cache. Rebooted the phone only to see a message: "Unauthorized program installed, phone locked. See carrier to unlock." WTF.

Naturally, T-Mobile was closed, and I NEED my phone for the alarm clock since SOMEONE lost my tablet. So in a fit of desperation I factory reset it. I had luckily backed up my phone recently, and any pictures I'd taken since that were good I posted on Facebook. I'll need to hook it up to the computer probably tomorrow and get my music back. I listen to Spotify most of the time, anyway.

Considering an upgrade, but the Note 7 is no longer being sold or manufactured because they explode. Kind of leery of Samsung now, so maybe I'll hold on to this phone until T-Mobile gets the Google Pixel.
    Thanks, Ria! At first I was going to have her mind gone, but getting it back would mean too big of a word count . She's all safe now with her rescuer, who also saved another girl who wasn't assaulted and the girl's paw. That's some safety net.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Having a relief, but I get ahead of myself.

I have been a bit doubtful about my novel's cover image because that type of dress was not worn during the 18th century and I wasn't sure about the necklace. Otherwise, I've been editing a piece of editing. I may or may not continue working.
    Last edited by cindyt; 10-25-2016 at 02:54 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Wallowing in self pity… I have a bulge in my corneas. I was scheduled for LASIK surgery on Thursday, but my pre surgery exam this morning showed that I have a little bulge on my cornea and they denied me. I'm heart broken. I was so excited for this surgery
    Itll be ok. I'm going out with the bestie tonight. Perhaps a margarita will make my bulgy eyeballs better lol
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMonkey719 View Post
    Wallowing in self pity… I have a bulge in my corneas. I was scheduled for LASIK surgery on Thursday, but my pre surgery exam this morning showed that I have a little bulge on my cornea and they denied me. I'm heart broken. I was so excited for this surgery
    Itll be ok. I'm going out with the bestie tonight. Perhaps a margarita will make my bulgy eyeballs better lol
    I'm so sorry. I've never heard of that.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Laying in bed till Hubs gets pizza, and we'll watch some tv while we eat.

Editing before doing my evening devotions. Then I may or may not watch the third season of The Walking Dead, which is where I lost interest. I seldom watch anything anymore, because I'm more interested in reading those sites that have list like 10 Crazy Urban Legends in Sports, and those about mysterious disappearances and unsolved murders. That's why I love pinterest. It has tons of that kind of stuff. I was even able to start a spanking new mystery myself the other day about the ritualistic murder Arlis Perry.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Cold, so I'm in bed, wrapped up in my blanket like a burrito.

"I just go here!"

Cold, so I'm in bed, wrapped up in my blanket like a burrito.
    That's the way Nabo used to wrap up. I'm going to do a bit more editing, then eat my apple while watching The Walking Dead. Did you know there is a The Walking Deceased on Netflix? Sheesh.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching tv, one of the home shopping channels.. in the hunt for more useful kitchen tools and gadgets. I bought this really cool looking knife a few weeks ago. It smoothly glides thru raw chicken. I'm impressed . The more useful tools and gadgets the more I'm interested in cooking something