Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mass Shooting at Inland Regional Center, San Bernardino

Mass Shooting at Inland Regional Center, San Bernardino

There's been a mass shooting in San Bernardino. At this time 12 people are dead.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/02/as-many-as-20-shot-police-in-standoff-in-san-bernardino-calif/?intcmp=hpbt1
    Last edited by Aviatrix; 12-02-2015 at 12:19 PM.

Just read this on the news.....damn.

CNN is reporting this was at a facility for people with developmental disabilities.
    Last edited by Leasie; 12-02-2015 at 12:33 PM.

jfc here we go again. wtf people?!@# go kill ISIS you asshole mofo's!!!

It's a facility for people with developmental disabilities. Why in the world would anybody target a place like that? Could be a disgruntled former employee, but aren't they saying multiple shooters?
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Three shooters were involved. LA Times has reported that they have escaped. Other news outlets cannot confirm.

#watermanincident

Why? Why do much death this time of year? At a center for those with disabilities... what is this world coming to?

PurrPurr Guest
    WTHey? These things are increasing in frequency. I agree; go kill ISIS, not innocent people!

Fox News reporting that the attack was on a conference room that had been rented out for a Christmas party by "some other group".

Planned Parenthood, maybe?
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

They are now saying 14 dead, 14 wounded.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

I hope they're caught before they can do it again.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

10. 12-02-2015, 02:26 PM
    Reason
    Duplicate

Oh! Fox mentioned that there is a PP nearby! They said that there was a Christmas party being held but I assumed that it was for a group in the building.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I hope they're caught before they can do it again.
    Three shooters fled in a dark SUV and still on the loose. I hope they are caught quick......

PurrPurr Guest
    SUV windows shot out. I hope they got the right people.

ETA: Anyone who has family at the center are advised to call 800 637 6653 for instructions and information.

ISIS inspired or not ???? Will be interesting to see.

thescreensiren Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    SUV windows shot out. I hope they got the right people.

ETA: Anyone who has family at the center are advised to call 800 637 6653 for instructions and information.
    CNN just accidentally showed a deceased body on the sidewalk (they're now reporting it's a suspect). 1 guy still in the back of the car with a weapon across his chest, 1 person still on the run on foot.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    ISIS inspired or not ???? Will be interesting to see.
    That's what I'm wondering.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I'm just speechless - What the hell is wrong with people these days????? Jesus Christ!! No doubt before long some idiot will mention that if the people in the Center had all been armed, this wouldn't have happened. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the ISIS people are sitting around just waiting for us to kill each other or get so paranoid that all they will have to do is just walk in and take over.
    Last edited by seurtoFW; 12-02-2015 at 04:03 PM.

Turned on the news when I got home. Police are calling it a targeted mission, my God this is insanity ! WTF is happening to this world. I hope they get answers as to why these people would do something so heinous. God damn bastards.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

darkdistiller Guest
    It's bad when you wake up and think, "Oh we're still shooting each other. Ok back to sleep."
    Seriously though, this is terrible. These things are happening too frequently and too many innocent people are being lost. My thoughts and condolences are with the victim's family.

Bidmor Guest
    Today another mass shooting following an active shooter drill which occurred Monday in nearby Victorville, not much unlike the recent Paris attacks. Today's shooters were reportedly wearing tactical gear including vests.

http://www.vvng.com/vvc-alerts-publi...oter-training/

Texts sent out during the shooting were heartbreaking.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-building.html

one of the dead suspects was a female.

darkdistiller Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviatrix View Post
    Texts sent out during the shooting were heartbreaking.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-building.html
    I wouldn't know how to respond to a text message like that. I think I would breakdown out of sheer impotence to help them.

one of the attackers identified as Syed Farook

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/san...fornia-n472976

Damn. So presumably nothing to do with Planned Parenthood.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

His father said he was a Muslim and a very religious one. I don't know what his motive was, but this is not going to go over well with the majority of North Americans if this was an act of terrorism.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I read the ticker scrolling by on a TV at the gym this morning - it said he had left the party mad and came back armed.

Pissed off employee?

Somebody draw a picture he didn't like?

If he was wearing "tactical gear" as has been reported; it doesn't sound as though this was not premeditated in some sense. You don't get mad, go home and throw on the tactical gear that you have just stuck in a closet and then go shoot people.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I read the ticker scrolling by on a TV at the gym this morning - it said he had left the party mad and came back armed.

Pissed off employee?

Somebody draw a picture he didn't like?

If he was wearing "tactical gear" as has been reported; it doesn't sound as though this was not premeditated in some sense. You don't get mad, go home and throw on the tactical gear that you have just stuck in a closet and then go shoot people.
    And go out and pick up a couple of buddies to come join in.

ETA: Hubby just told me it was a husband wife team.
    Last edited by Aviatrix; 12-03-2015 at 05:55 AM.

I guess those people who have a problem with the police having heavy military type equipment might see why they need it now. Of course, those that bellyache aren't likely to go running in to save the day.

Such a tragedy for the families. My condolences. I just wished one person with a concealed gun permit would have been there. Would have saved a lot of horror.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

They were husband and wife. They had a 6 month old daughter, who they left with Syed's grandmother Wednesday, saying they had a doctor's appointment.

I agree this act was definitely planned in advance. It may be that whatever happened at the party made them decide that now was the time to act.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

PurrPurr Guest
    The FBI isn't ruling out terrorism last I heard. The more I find out, the more I have to wonder myself.

This is so close to home for me. I am just heartbroken, that something like this had to happen here in my own State, this is just as bad as when James Oliver Huberty went into the San Yisidrio McDonalds and killed 21 (?) people. Blessings to the families and victims. I don't think it was an act of terrorism I think he might have been a disgruntled employee, he worked/works for the company that was hosting the Christmas Party. Reports are saying he and his wife were at the party, something happened inside, they stormed out in anger and then returned.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 12-03-2015 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    The FBI isn't ruling out terrorism last I heard. The more I find out, the more I have to wonder myself.
    And they shouldn't rule it out because it's exactly what it was by definition. Also terrorism doesn't and shouldn't have a skin color, if a crazy Caucasian storms into a planned parenthood spouting his idealistic beliefs and resorting to violence then he is a terrorist.

ter·ror·ismˈterəˌrizəm/
    noun

• the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

Last edited by TheDude; 12-03-2015 at 07:52 AM.

PurrPurr Guest

Here is a map of all the mass shootings in 2015, courtesy of PBS.org.

ETA: From police chief press conference earlier

14 dead, 21 wounded.

65-75 rounds shot at scene.

Farook and Malik not wearing bullet-proof vests

Had 1400 223 rounds ; 200 9MM rounds

2 officers injured; 1 shot in leg, other injured by glass or shrapnel

At shooters' home

12 bombs in gargage

Tools found to build bombs

2,000 9MM rounds; 2500 223 rounds; 7200 long-rifle rounds

Police apparently fired over 300 shots at the end of the chase
    Last edited by PurrPurr; 12-03-2015 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    And they shouldn't rule it out because it's exactly what it was by definition. Also terrorism doesn't and shouldn't have a skin color, if a crazy Caucasian storms into a planned parenthood spouting his idealistic beliefs and resorting to violence then he is a terrorist.

ter·ror·ismˈterəˌrizəm/
    noun

Makes sense to me. I don't understand why Nidal Hasan killing 13 people at Fort Hood in 2009 had to be called workplace violence when it clearly was an act of terrorism.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Police firing 300 shots at the shootout is no big deal though. That's 10 cops emptying their clips. I would have gone through two until the SUV caught fire. Scary stuff.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    March 1934-July 2016

CNN reporting the shooter was radicalized.....you think?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cal...B?ocid=U305DHP
    March 1934-July 2016

But damnit, this country needs more lunatics getting their hands on firearms!
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

If they take away our firearms then what's next on the agenda? Knives? I'm surprised there wasn't a ban on boxcutters since the 911 highjackers allegedly took over the planes with them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post

ter·ror·ismˈterəˌrizəm/
    noun

Timothy McVeigh proved that.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    They were husband and wife. They had a 6 month old daughter, who they left with Syed's grandmother Wednesday, saying they had a doctor's appointment.

I agree this act was definitely planned in advance. It may be that whatever happened at the party made them decide that now was the time to act.
    They said that a third shooter was involved. Any word on who he was?

This is so very tragic. To be so angry, that you are willing to leave a six-month-old baby. When my daughter was 4 months old, I became critically ill with pneumonia. I was crying in the hospital because they wouldn't allow her up. I was fighting to get out, I just wanted to get home to her. Seriously, if people are so offended, go to BE or quit. I guess they knew if they wanted to do maximum damage, kill and maim people, so not only are they gone but left family members grieving. Especially this time of year.

But this little baby without a mom or dad... so unfair to her.

navallint Guest
    So tired of this shit. I hope the dead can rest in peace, I can't imagine the horror. Those responsible are monsters, hate filled, so passionate for their religion they kill for God. Sorry, but they serve Satan. True Islam is a religion of peace. I could go on, but I better leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post
    So tired of this shit. I hope the dead can rest in peace, I can't imagine the horror. Those responsible are monsters, hate filled, so passionate for their religion they kill for God. Sorry, but they serve Satan. True Islam is a religion of peace. I could go on, but I better leave it.

I'll be dipped in honey and put in a red ant mound if I allow you to leave it!!!....What you say is so damn true, but the Wahabi sect of Islam teaches true Jihad. These academy award winners are the ones that take retarded kids, strap bombs to them and blow them up. They teach waging jihad is the only way to get the 77 virgins, which I will never understand.....If it was me, give me just twenty sluts that know their way around a bar and a kitchen.....send me to heaven.

All kidding aside though..you are right on target...good post
    March 1934-July 2016

krystleann Guest
    Only cause I know you guys have that morbid curiosity:

http://breaking911.com/wp-content/up...69f8a92409.png
    (Warning: GRAPHIC)

It's obvious this isn't a random workplace violence attack considering the amount of ammo/bombs/weapons etc. back at their house. Of course Obama is afraid to call it for what it is. This was something a long time in the making and reports already coming out here and their about his "devout religious faith" and that recently has been radicalized.
    Last edited by krystleann; 12-04-2015 at 07:02 AM.

krystleann Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviatrix View Post
    They said that a third shooter was involved. Any word on who he was?

This is so very tragic. To be so angry, that you are willing to leave a six-month-old baby. When my daughter was 4 months old, I became critically ill with pneumonia. I was crying in the hospital because they wouldn't allow her up. I was fighting to get out, I just wanted to get home to her. Seriously, if people are so offended, go to BE or quit. I guess they knew if they wanted to do maximum damage, kill and maim people, so not only are they gone but left family members grieving. Especially this time of year.

But this little baby without a mom or dad... so unfair to her.
    She's better off without them. In assuming there would be a great demand for someone to want to take adopt her, she'll be raised by parents now that aren't brainwashed into becoming sick, suicidal monsters. Sad it had to be this way but she will be better off, and the fact she came out alive is something to appreciate as well.

On a side note, I read that the very employees targeted had thrown the wife a baby shower. Can you imagine..

However, a friend of a man killed in the rampage said Farook had a heated conversation about Islam two weeks before the attack.
    Kuuleme Stephens said she happened to call Nicholas Thalasinos while her friend was talking with Farook at work. She said Thalasinos, a Messianic Jew who was passionately pro-Israel, told her Farook "doesn't agree that Islam is not a peaceful religion." Stephens said Farook replied that Americans don't understand Islam. The FBI was investigating the shootings as a potential act of terrorism but reached no firm conclusions Thursday, said a U.S. official briefed on the probe. Separately, a U.S. intelligence official said Farook had been in contact with known Islamic extremists on social media.
    I am still thinking it was a work place rampage. Something may have been building up over time and something was said at that party to upset him as he and his wife, from several reports, left the party in anger and then returned and starting shooting.

http://news.yahoo.com/pious-california-killer-showed-no-outward-signs-violence-081939530.html#

Last edited by pkstracy; 12-04-2015 at 07:42 AM.

krystleann Guest
    I think the final trigger was a workplace related drama... Something made him snap, but they were definitely building up for a much bigger rampage.. Once whatever argument escalated, he ended up jumping the gun, no pun intended, and messing up the much larger plans. It's certainly mixed, but obviously still a terrorist act IMO.

Just now on breakingnews.com:

San Bernardino shooting suspect Tashfeen Malik believed to have posted pro-Islamic State message to Facebook during attack, say 3 US officials

ISIS related, surprise, surprise...