Thread: Amanda Blackburn, Killed in Home Invasion

Amanda Blackburn, Killed in Home Invasion

http://abcnews.go.com/US/indianapoli...ry?id=35145807

http://www.wthr.com/story/30500485/a...-home-invasion

http://www.southbendtribune.com/news...27d2790f2.html

"Police found Amanda Blackburn with "apparent signs of trauma" about 8:35 a.m. Tuesday after being dispatched to a home in the 2800 block of Sunnyfield Court for a reported assault, the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department said in a statement. Police later said Blackburn had been shot in the head."

Husband was at the gym. Toddler son found in house, unharmed.

Possibly random, possibly not. Commenters on several of the articles pointed out the family lived on a cul-de-sac, and the shooter would have had to drive all the way up and down a long street with houses jammed closely together.

Hmmmm.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Something is telling me the husband did it.

"Husband at the gym", so he's "100% cleared"? How convenient. Reminds me of that other "upstanding" religious Chris Coleman who was "at the gym" at the same time HIS wife and kids turned up murdered.
    I guess this little laddie is fortunate the perpetrator suffered him to live. A pity on the 3-months fetus-- sounds like someone did not want THAT one, along with the mother.
    I can almost predict they'll find evidence of some NON-Biblically sanctioned relationship on one or both sides. Pastor hubby looks like a handsome doofus-- could be, he had some help (and not the Heavenly kind, either.)
    Either that, or I've been watching too much ID Channel.
    Last edited by Linnie; 11-13-2015 at 06:23 PM.

Indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/indianapoli...ry?id=35145807

http://www.wthr.com/story/30500485/a...-home-invasion

http://www.southbendtribune.com/news...27d2790f2.html

"Police found Amanda Blackburn with "apparent signs of trauma" about 8:35 a.m. Tuesday after being dispatched to a home in the 2800 block of Sunnyfield Court for a reported assault, the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department said in a statement. Police later said Blackburn had been shot in the head."

Husband was at the gym. Toddler son found in house, unharmed.

Possibly random, possibly not. Commenters on several of the articles pointed out the family lived on a cul-de-sac, and the shooter would have had to drive all the way up and down a long street with houses jammed closely together.

Hmmmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Something is telling me the husband did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    "Husband at the gym", so he's "100% cleared"? How convenient. Reminds me of that other "upstanding" religious Chris Coleman who was "at the gym" at the same time HIS wife and kids turned up murdered.
    I guess this little laddie is fortunate the perpetrator suffered him to live. A pity on the 3-months fetus-- sounds like someone did not want THAT one, along with the mother.
    I can almost predict they'll find evidence of some NON-Biblically sanctioned relationship on one or both sides. Pastor hubby looks like a handsome doofus-- could be, he had some help (and not the Heavenly kind, either.)
    Either that, or I've been watching too much ID Channel.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Man, to hear the alibis of widowed husbands, you'd think America was the fittest country in the world!
    But we know that's bullshit. And I believe this story is, too.
    That "small window of time" where the husband was working out. Oh please. And someone just happened to have gone inside their place (they were known for being good, moral people, but folks with material wealth worth killing over? I don't think so, in case the price of baby wipes has gone waaaaay up.)
    And now I hear she's passed away. That she lived a bit doesn't surprise me at all. Her husband very likely didn't kill her, he had his "I was at the gym" thing goin' on. But my money (all 14 cents of it) goes towards thinking Mr. Morality there (or is it Reverend Morality?) knew exactly who did it, and the reason was one of the most popular we see in these cases: either money or some strange. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say "some strange." He found his wife, have just had one (ridiculously beautiful, by the way) baby and was almost 1/3 way to having another, which probably didn't turn on Testosterone Man there so much. And is often the case when a couple is "active" in the church, one is more so than the other, and it's usually the wife who's more in to it; the husband has little choice but to go along (how would it look if he didn't, and some, ah, unfortunate accident took place?) Oh, and look! One DID take place!

This case is a handful of cases all rolled into one. It's Julie Jensen. It's that Hacking dude. It's the dude who was playing basketball when his very-into-the-kids (and not him so much anymore) was assassinated in her own garage (as was her toddler, who hadn't even gotten out of the car.) It's the -- oh you know, the idiot who's wife's body "disappeared" and then blew up his house (along with his two sons) when they came to visit (his dad was batshit insane as well, had made passes on his poor wife... I know you know who I mean.) Even Dahlia (the-woman-I'd-like-to-burn-alive as I lovingly refer to her as, even her alibi was "I was at the gym" (which held about as much water as her fake tears did when the cops lied and told her that her plan had gone as she'd directed it to go, as she was "5,000% sure" she wanted him dead.") (She just was granted a new trial, by the way.... keep a bucket nearby, you're gonna need it.)

I'm not saying this guy couldn't have ran to the gym, and in that exact small window of time, someone came in, and for no apparent reason, executed his wife (but not his look-alike son) then got the hell out of Dodge before he got back, apparently with no reason to have done any of it.... not saying it wasn't a freak of nature.

Yeah, I kind of am. I'm saying it wasn't a freak of nature, and it wasn't one of those head-scratchers that we'll never solve. Oh, he'd say it was, God yes. But he'll break or the man who pulled the trigger will break when given an offer. At least I hope that's what happens.
    No.... no it's not: I hope I''m wrong. I hope some meth-freak just happened to use some of that amazing timing known to be had by meth-users (heh) all the time was used here, and he broke in, made an orphan and only child of that gorgeous baby, and murdered this innocent and beautiful woman and her unborn child, leaving Mr. GoodGuy to accept the grief, support, and (God help me I hate these things) the GoFundMe I'm sure is already in place.... you know, for "expenses."

I'm sorry for my long, pessimistic post, but dammit, I'm even sorrier that we here know what the actual players don't seem to: You're not smarter than the average chair or FAD member: you're not gonna get away with this shit, no more than Hacking did, Petersen did, or -- I gotta look up that dick-tip's name, it's killing me..... OH! or Joshua Powell did. They ALL thought they were smarter than the rest, as well, and wouldja just look at where they are now? Umm-hmm.

I'm only curious to know what his skank lover looked like: they always look like crap compared to the REAL woman in these cases (Laci Peterson vs. Amber Frye, that Jensen woman versus that -- whatever was behind that awful rack that made me wanna hurl every time I saw it.... they're never prettier, smarter, or better parents. I figure they must Tear.It.Up. between the sheets, because frankly, I just don't see it it ANY case.)

Again, apologies for my rant, but come on, Dr. Save-a-Lot (of Souls, whatever....) -- I hope he doesn't think -- no wait, I hope he thinks he's gotten away with this. I hope he's getting casseroles every night by the single or widowed women at his church, along with their sympathy, (sympathetic beej's notwithstanding) -- and then I hope they show up with handcuffs dangling in front of him and surprise the bejesus out of him (heh) and let him know the terror and fear and shock his wife knew when she realized that in the happiest time of her life, it was about to end. I'm sure she knew he was responsible, and I hate that for her, but I think she knew (I read a case of a woman who's husband had her murdered, and just before they whacked her, she was sobbing, "How could [his name.... I'll call him dick-tip for now] do this to me?" She KNEW it was him. She knew. And for some reason, that made it so much.... so much harder for me to fathom.

As my friend Duster used to say: Lock him up and melt the key. (And if I'm wrote, apologies to all, "Duter" included) -- but I've got a feeling we've got this one right, guys. We're good like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

I'm not a great fan of "life celebrations". "home-goings" , or whatever euphemism they've come up with for a big splashy funeral, especially under these circumstances.

Oh, yes, and they conveniently found a black man in a hoodie on neighborhood security cams who will likely be blamed for this. And, seriously, a $1000 reward?

http://www.pulseheadlines.com/police...ns-case/10522/

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/13...home-invasion/

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2...ople/75710740/

And the plot boils.

I have a bad feeling about it too. And I bet the cops do too or they may know he did it and are waiting for more evidence. Sometimes they say "The Husband is not a suspect" so that the husband will feel secure and make a mistake.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I gotta say I'm guessing the husband here too, like all of you. A woman is most likely to be killed by her partner when she is pregnant, and most pregnant women are killed by their partners. And yeah, the gym thing. I know people go to the gym. I go to the gym. Heaven help me if someone comes in my house and kills my family while I'm there, but why does that seem to be an excuse so often? I immediately thought of Chris Coleman when I read about this, and the others mentioned. There is another one too, it was in FL, the guy was a big muscle man who met a new girl at the gym and convinced her to dress up as a man and go shoot his either other or ex girlfriend in her garage. I wish I could remember their names, I think it even turned out he was gay or he turned into a woman or something odd like that. Dammit.

I can't believe Dahlia DiPolito is getting a new trial! What on earth is that happening for? They have such an airtight case. I love love love watching the video of her coming home when they fake her out telling her that Mike is dead, and her reaction. It cracks me up, she's just so so distraught. *eyeroll*

eta: ok, I was wrong. I found the case and his alibi wasn't that he was at the gym. It was that he ordered a pizza. I guess the bodybuilder part threw me off. And it was his wife (of one day) who murdered his ex girlfriend.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Sandra_Rozzo
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 11-16-2015 at 06:38 PM.

I am still saying the husband and I am feeling like he has a mistress. If he didn't do it then he hired someone to do it.

hmmmmmm.. I bet the husband is sweating bullets.

This sounds like sooooo many other cases. I swear I saw it on ID (Hi Linnie!). But it could have been a dozen other similar cases. I mean, OMG. The "solutions" these people find, and the crazy ass ways they try and make it look like someone else. Jeez people, Live right, and/or get a divorce.

"live right, and/or get a divorce".

I couldn't agree more. The oddest thing about this is you see all these stories (another ID addict here, it's on my TV 98% of the time) is that they are against divorce or don't want the stigma or whatever, but murder is OK?!?! Not like they aren't going to get caught. I'm just amazed at the people who seemingly would rather be known as a killer instead of a divorcee.

Hello my name is Tracy and I am an ID addict. Yep to many of these shows about husbands killing wives.

Hi Atomicbettie; Hi Tracy; welcome to the group.

'I hold firm to the belief that God is still good, that He takes our tragedy and turns it into triumph, and that the best truly is yet to come.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3sKYcUZSK

What an idiot.

Anyways atleast they found the killers.
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

WTF?? Up to $1000 reward??? Especially being a pastors wife, you know A LOT of people in their church would donate money to make that reward be huge..Who the hell would come forward on something like that for $1000?? Im wondering if maybe the pastor hired these kids to do something..kinda like how Pam Smart did with her hubby.

The house was unlocked and the killers just walked in. I don't care where you live.....you don't keep your doors locked in this day and age at this early hour? I am glad they found them.....we shall see what the scum has to say.

Hi Suerto! Hi Tracy!! lmao at least I'm in good company.

So I see they've arrested people here. I haven't had a chance to catch up but there are some good questions being asked at websleuths. There are still some things that don't make sense to me, I hope they have some answers.

I apologize for blaming the husband if this was truly the work of robbers who for some reason thought they had to kill this woman. Sounds like now they are saying the husband left and these guys saw him and thought the house was empty. I don't really get why they thought that, did they assume he was a single man without a family? Seems odd in that neighborhood, but I guess it makes some sense. Still seems early to be robbing homes, most people would be home and awake at that hour. In any case the guys aren't that smart since they were on video all over the place (neighbors house, on the street, etc...) so I guess it makes sense they wouldn't have the best burglary skills.

Hi Bettie! From your points you made Bettie I agree, something just doesn't sit right with me about this one.

I guess the more I read about it the more I'm convinced these were just moronic evil asshole, stupid criminals. I've read so much stuff about them now, they were complete thugs and gang bangers, and I can't see the husband associating with them at all. If something does come out that he did hire these guys it would be a huge bombshell, because he would have to have a pretty big secret life.

From what I'm reading there were a rash of break ins in the neighborhood that day. These guys were bound to get caught. Caught on surveillance everywhere, then stating they wanted to shoot a woman because they thought they had been caught on video, like that was going to get rid of the video. Took Amanda's card, used it at the ATM, cell phones pinging everywhere, texts being sent, these guys are fucking dumb.

I think I'm actually pretty off the husband doing it now, the last thing I was wondering about was that he claimed he sat in the car for 50 minutes talking on the phone before he went in the house. I thought it probably would have been a better story to go in the house and "find" her while he's on the phone with someone he's been talking to a while. He might have just stayed in the car to finish the phone call so he wouldn't disturb the baby or Amanda if either had gone back to sleep after he left.

I've neglected this case, but from what you say, atomicbettie, sounds like I jumped to the usual conclusion, too. It just seems to happen that way so often. Glad the idiots were caught and apologies to the husband as well.

Yeah, I read the FB pages of these guys who got caught and aside from not being able to understand a god damn thing they are saying (they sound barely literate), there are pictures of them brandishing guns, just being general idiots. Apparently they considered themselves some kind of "kill club" or "kill squad". They tried using her ATM one time and it wasn't successful, but they tried again and it worked. I'm guessing they coerced the pin from Amanda somehow. Some reports state that one of the guys was left at the house with her while the others went to use the ATM. They had stayed in another victim's house for an hour drinking wine and beer (she wasn't home). They were just idiots all over the place. They were covering their faces in the ATM footage with a pink sweater they had stolen from another house they broke into. They couldn't have set out a better trail of evidence if they had tried.

I jumped to conclusion too. It's easy to do that when FBI statistics note that the person most likely to kill you is the one you eat breakfast with.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

So did I. I will never understand why the husband left the door unlocked but he said he did so I'm sure he feels guilt. Don't understand why he sat in the car on the phone for so long while his wife was still alive but he did. Yeah, what stupid, evil thugs they are. Hope they fry. I really do.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    FBI statistics note that the person most likely to kill you is the one you eat breakfast with.
    True, people that don't know me that well, think I'm nice. Only hubs has seen the horror of the beast.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]