Thread: Maureen O'Hara

Maureen O'Hara

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34628502

The Quiet Man - one of my favourite films ever.

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOO.....The Quiet Man and all movies with John Wayne period......Especially Mcclintock....RIP...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Shit.

She was a tough old broad. And I mean that in all due respect. RIP Maureen O'Hara.

I loved herrrrr! I thought she was so beautiful. RIP
    another golden age hollywood gone

I thought she was gorgeous in her day. Can't help but wonder if the Duke didn't try to hook up with her, they were paired together in a lot of movies and had good chemistry together...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Billy Weathersby Guest
    AARRGGHHHHH!!!!!! Loved this lady....damn...damn..damn...RIP lovely lady..

Ya'll beat me to it. I saw the news on FB:

Maureen O'Hara Passes Away At 95
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

I am not surprised by her death as I was expecting to read about it any day because of her age. I read that Maureen said she adored John Wayne and he loved her,
    but there was never anything between them. She was a great actress and so beautiful. Rest in peace Maureen.

95! Rip.

navallint Guest
    As a little girl, I dreamed of being beautiful like her. I even cried cause momma wouldn't let me dye my blonde hair red. Loved her. I hope John met her and gave her a big kiss. RIP

A wonderful actress and such a beauty. I always loved her in Miracle On 34th Street. RIP.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

RIP, last time I saw her when she talked to
    Robert Osborne on Turner Classic Movies.

Even then she looked very ill.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

RIP...you were quite a beautiful woman. And a great actress.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

AussieBec Guest
    RIP

The anticipation of a bus hitting you and then actually getting hit are very different. This is a bus I knew was coming but damn it hurts when it hits. RIP and Slán Mo bhean.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

She was a stunner!!! RIP
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Joee Guest
    One oF the all time hotties. Old Hollywood had some stunners.

Loved her. A long life but still sad to hear that it's over. RIP

simply the best

Another of my favorites gone! RIP!

Loved her in the Quiet Man, I was watching that the other day and they had a did you know thing on TCM, and at the end of the Quiet Man where she whispers to John, they told her to say something that would shock him to get his reaction, it wasn't rehearsed, she whispered something that only John and her knew what it was, she made him promise not to tell and to this day no one knows what it was she said.

Bidmor Guest
    This is from the summer of 2014. TCM has their "Remembers" posted but I think this is a much better tribute. Even late in life, she still had her Irish brogue and sharp wit.

She was an international treasure for the U.K. and U.S.A. This is one passing that is still bothering me a bit. Amongst the horror movies I'll be watching this weekend I am going to slip "McClintock", one of my fav Wayne/O'Hara movies.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

She was so pretty. I remember first seeing her in "The Parent Trap". As I child, her beauty and class in that movie REALLY shaped my beliefs as to what a woman should be. She's such a lady when we first meet her, but she kinda brawls and has a funny side later on with Brian Keith. Her autobiography "'Tis Herself" is very good, too. It's straightforward and very candid about Hollywood (including Charles Laughton, Alfred Hitchcock, Walt Disney, and The Duke).

On a side note: I'm going to be playing the character of Doris (Maureen's character) in "Miracle on 34th Street" in a few weeks. I was asked to step into the role because someone dropped out of the show. I wasn't originally going to do it, but I just love Maureen SO much that I think I'll make it my little tribute to her.