Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Death of a Syrian Toddler

Death of a Syrian Toddler

This may be the photo of the decade. Everyone needs to see it and ask our elected leaders (past and present) how they can sleep at night.

http://news.yahoo.com/migrant-childs...195454090.html

Actually it is not a Syrian toddler, but a Kurdish boy. His family tried to move into Europe with false Syrian passports.
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by jerryvr View Post
    Actually it is not a Syrian toddler, but a Kurdish boy. His family tried to move into Europe with false Syrian passports.
    Does it matter?

Whose elected leaders - or leaders anyway; not all are elected of course - are responsible for turning their own countries into places where people want to live rather than places people want to flee?

Upsetting photo to be sure but the only elected leaders in the world who are charged with and responsible for what goes on in Syria are in Syria.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Aylan Kurdi...poor Kid.....RIP

Not that I know anything about either, and don't really think it matters, but the boy's aunt refers to the treatment of Syrians as the reason she was trying to get them to Canada, the article linked called them Syrian Kurds. I don't know what the difference is, but I'm guessing those are the reasons they are referring to him as Syrian.

Anyway, again, something I am unfamiliar with is the EU. If you get to one country is it then possible to move freely to another country in the EU? I only ask because from everything I have heard Greece's economy has completely collapsed, so I'm wondering why they are aiming for Greece. Is it for easier passage to other EU countries? Do they pass on their refugees to other EU countries?

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    Anyway, again, something I am unfamiliar with is the EU. If you get to one country is it then possible to move freely to another country in the EU? I only ask because from everything I have heard Greece's economy has completely collapsed, so I'm wondering why they are aiming for Greece. Is it for easier passage to other EU countries? Do they pass on their refugees to other EU countries?
    I'm not familiar with the EU either, but I believe that Greece is the closest European location for many of the refugees. They don't particularly want to be in Greece at all, but at this point only Germany is taking them in any great numbers. On the news it showed families, with the proper documents and train tickets trying to leave Turkey, which doesn't want them there, but the military/police wouldn't let them on the trains. Ok, you don't want them and are putting razor wire topped fences up to keep them out, but you won't let them leave either.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Whose elected leaders - or leaders anyway; not all are elected of course - are responsible for turning their own countries into places where people want to live rather than places people want to flee?

Upsetting photo to be sure but the only elected leaders in the world who are charged with and responsible for what goes on in Syria are in Syria.
    There are arguments to be made that those creating the reason people are fleeing are only able to do that because of previous actions which gave them power to do so.

Such as starting wars and providing them arms.

Hockeywife Guest
    http://www.cp24.com/mobile/world/gov...ther-1.2545945

Canadian government says that they never received the application

Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    Does it matter?
    If it didn't then you would have not said it in the title.

This is eventually going to be a major problem in North America. It's becoming epidemic in the UK as it is. As awful as it is, I have to say what about the people in our own countries? Those living in poverty, homeless veterans, should we not be taking care of our own before extending a hand to other countries. We have many here already who are living the good life thanks to the government, they get money, a Wal Mart and Costco card, and I'm going to say it none of them ever have the intention of getting a job ,they don't have to. Have a few more kids and up goes the cash flow. Sorry, we can't help everyone.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    If it didn't then you would have not said it in the title.
    It's what was in the article.

There are arguments to be made that those creating the reason people are fleeing are only able to do that because of previous actions which gave them power to do so.

Such as starting wars and providing them arms.
    Yeah; that is a big part of it IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    This is eventually going to be a major problem in North America. It's becoming epidemic in the UK as it is. As awful as it is, I have to say what about the people in our own countries? Those living in poverty, homeless veterans, should we not be taking care of our own before extending a hand to other countries. We have many here already who are living the good life thanks to the government, they get money, a Wal Mart and Costco card, and I'm going to say it none of them ever have the intention of getting a job ,they don't have to. Have a few more kids and up goes the cash flow. Sorry, we can't help everyone.
    The rest of the world has been telling us to mind our own business. I think we should do that.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Yeah, until they make it our business.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Amen!
    Minerva

This is going to be a hot debate me thinks. Read the comments, what would Americans have to say about this issue ? http://www.torontosun.com/2015/09/03...ot-die-in-vain

This is going to be a hot debate me thinks. Read the comments, what would Americans have to say about this issue ? http://www.torontosun.com/2015/09/03...ot-die-in-vain
    I think the fact that they're using the death of children in order to try and make us feel guilty is ridiculous. This puts me in mind of a documentary that I watched about a child from Palestine who needed major surgery that was only available in Israel. The Jewish doctors and nurses volunteered their time, the hospital donated all their services and the family was given all necessary food and lodging for the months that the child would be undergoing treatment. The documentary film makers asked the mother of the boy how she now felt about Jews and you know what she said? She would consider it an HONOR if her son would martyr himself one day as long as he was able to kill Jews. Yes its horrible watching the body of these young boys but make no mistake - for the most part, many of these people have absolutely no qualms about martyring their own to kill others.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I think the fact that they're using the death of children in order to try and make us feel guilty is ridiculous. This puts me in mind of a documentary that I watched about a child from Palestine who needed major surgery that was only available in Israel. The Jewish doctors and nurses volunteered their time, the hospital donated all their services and the family was given all necessary food and lodging for the months that the child would be undergoing treatment. The documentary film makers asked the mother of the boy how she now felt about Jews and you know what she said? She would consider it an HONOR if her son would martyr himself one day as long as he was able to kill Jews. Yes its horrible watching the body of these young boys but make no mistake - for the most part, many of these people have absolutely no qualms about martyring their own to kill others.
    Not exactly the same thing, but still this reminds me of a news show I saw on 9/11 on the very day or soon after. Reporters were interviewing people in a Muslim country and a group of them allowed as how they were so sorry about the attacks, but they were grinning! I can see their faces after all these years. I felt like whopping every one of them upside the head. It's not because of who they were--I don't care where you come from, it is way uncool to laugh about somebody's tragedy. I know we goof off about death around here sometimes, but it because some people set theirself up for death--as in the horse guy--but that's a whole nother ballgame.
    Last edited by cindyt; 09-03-2015 at 10:49 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Yes, its not the same thing. I was just reminded about how some in that community consider lift to be "cheap." Clearly this family was trying to get away from that mindset and you're absolutely right that its uncool to laugh at anyone's tragedy. People seem to be super charged because they're able to actually see the bodies of children, but they've always known kids are dying for no good reason and they have allowed it to happen.
    Minerva

I said it wasn't, but I posted it in the vein of a disrespect for humanity.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just wondering has any of the many Muslim/Arab Countries
    agreed to take any of those poor souls in as of today?
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Just wondering has any of the many Muslim/Arab Countries
    agreed to take any of those poor souls in as of today?
    Yet, as debate rages between politicians in Europe over how many they should take, nearby super-wealthy Gulf nations of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Qatar, Kuwait and Bahrain have refused to offer sanctuary to a single Syrian refugee.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3kns15Rqa
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Minerva

Why am I not surprised
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    Why am I not surprised
    Seriously.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

No shock there ! If the super, super wealthy countries don't want them, then I suppose it's up to the cash poor countries to open the gates. We can't afford it. I was talking to a friend while posting this, and he said it's sad when a child dies, but how many children have died in North America just from sheer neglect. God, way to many.
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 09-04-2015 at 07:46 PM.

No shock there ! If the super, super wealthy countries don't want them, then I suppose it's up to the cash poor countries to open the gates. We can't afford it. I was talking to a friend while posting this, and he said it's sad when a child dies, but how many children have died in North America just from sheer neglect. God, way to many.
    This isn't asked directly to you, just a springboard. So why are we wasting trillions of dollars over there?

That's a good question, why are we.

29. 09-07-2015, 06:14 PM

Because we don't learn our lessons or know how to leave well enough alone?

Yes, we need to fix our own damn problems, we have enough children dying here. Maybe when we've stopped that we can move on and help other countries. The US has a lot of shit that needs to be fixed and we have no money anyway. Like you said, why don't these rich countries over there do something about it? Why is it always us?

In watching news reports I'm not seeing a lot of families , or older people for that matter. The highest ratio seems to be young men, lots of young men. A red flag is starting to go up for me.

human Guest
    american terrorism coming home to roost (in someone else's home)
    Last edited by human; 09-09-2015 at 03:08 AM.

34. 09-09-2015, 09:59 AM

Yet, as debate rages between politicians in Europe over how many they should take, nearby super-wealthy Gulf nations of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Qatar, Kuwait and Bahrain have refused to offer sanctuary to a single Syrian refugee.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3kns15Rqa
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    At the moment we're supposed to be taking at least 20-30 thousand here in the UK but now it's being decided that it's not enough and that's not including those who are already here in the UK both legally and who have come in on the backs of lorrys etc. It's gonna be the same as it was years ago when the Bosnian war happened and we took people in. I know the refugees need to go somewhere but what I don't agree with is having to change the whole system because of it. It happened then and it will happen now.

This isn't asked directly to you, just a springboard. So why are we wasting trillions of dollars over there?
    This happened before. Money was sent over after Live Aid but nobody kept an eye on it and after about a year someone finally noticed nothing was getting done. When they did get off their arse and investigate, they found out the money was being used for weapons etc instead of giving relief to those who needed it. You only have to watch the news to see the same thing is happening again.

In watching news reports I'm not seeing a lot of families , or older people for that matter. The highest ratio seems to be young men, lots of young men. A red flag is starting to go up for me.
    I noticed the same thing actually. Someone suggested that it should just be women, children and older people brought over and I'm starting to agree with that.

The answer isn't in ignoring the problems. IMO what we need to do. We need to do the same thing Eisenhower did to end the Korean War. We inform all the countries we provide aid to, Pakistan, Israel, Palestine, India, Iraq, etc etc etc, to knock off the wars now (that would mean we would have to also) and get along or all forms of aid is stopped.

human Guest
    ^ you seem to be forgetting that he threatened them with nuclear war
    Last edited by human; 09-09-2015 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    ^ you seem to be forgetting that he threatened them with nuclear war
    Yes, but it was the money they cared about.

human Guest
    ^ lol ... if you understand what you just said, you'd know thats actually deeply offensive
    Last edited by human; 09-10-2015 at 12:14 PM.

Very interesting story. He's blaming Canada for all of this in other news reports. Stay where you are pal, I don't want you here. http://dailycaller.com/2015/09/07/st...ed-syrian-boy/

http://www.migrationpolicy.org/progr...ropolitan-area

Where they would probably end up if we take more in. Folks have a tendency to want to live where they have a built in support system. I wish this map went back further in time.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Hmmm. I wonder what that small dot in the very bottom SE corner of MN is. I assume the other dots are the Twin Cities, Rochester, Mankato, St. Cloud and Duluth. Most of our immigrants here in the TC are Somalians and SE Asians.

I wish it was searchable by location.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

I've been reading in various websites that the father of the two little boys and wife who perished was one of the human smugglers. Time will tell.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/late...beach-smuggler
    Minerva

Does it matter?
    What matters is that this image is used in the media to gain sympathy so that northern Europe opens its borders and wallets.
    Yes it is horrible to see a young kid die, even is his dad was a human trafficer

We're getting swamped by migrants (NOT refugees, refugees do not all have cell phones and are 95% male). Europe has taken in 309.356 migrants this year alone. Each migrant costs €36.000 a year which adds a yearly burden of €11.136.816.000 for the northern European states. And we do not even estimate how many of the "refugees" are in reality IS moles..
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by jerryvr View Post
    What matters is that this image is used in the media to gain sympathy so that northern Europe opens its borders and wallets.
    Yes it is horrible to see a young kid die, even is his dad was a human trafficer
    I understand that but there is a bigger picture. Nobody should have to take anyone, no one should be fleeing.

We're getting swamped by migrants (NOT refugees, refugees do not all have cell phones and are 95% male). Europe has taken in 309.356 migrants this year alone. Each migrant costs €36.000 a year which adds a yearly burden of €11.136.816.000 for the northern European states. And we do not even estimate how many of the "refugees" are in reality IS moles..
    That doesn't even count the money spent that causes the reasons they flee in the first place.

47. 09-14-2015, 02:46 PM

Its amazing to me that the world ignored the fact that 15 million illegals flooded into the United States over the past decades and no one came to the rescue. Now that a few hundred thousand are entering Europe, its all of a sudden gaining world wide attention and once again, America is supposed to fix it while taking the blame for it.
    Minerva

Its amazing to me that the world ignored the fact that 15 million illegals flooded into the United States over the past decades and no one came to the rescue. Now that a few hundred thousand are entering Europe, its all of a sudden gaining world wide attention and once again, America is supposed to fix it while taking the blame for it.
    and pay for it......
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

human Guest
    thats because it's been happening since the dawn of that colony, Mexican's feeling no guilt about crossing the border is consequence of the genocide on the natives from whom they share ancestry ... so no i'll have to decline you in your request for sympathy

Last edited by human; 09-14-2015 at 04:00 PM.

thats because it's been happening since the dawn of that colony, Mexican's feeling no guilt about crossing the border is consequence of the genocide on the natives from whom they share ancestry & no i'll have to decline you in your request for sympathy

I went back to my post to see if the word "sympathy" appeared anywhere and couldn't find it. Try to keep your words in your posts and I'll stick to what I post.
    Minerva

human Guest
    so you why are crying that the world is ignoring your "flood"?

and has to fix Europe's while taking the blame ?

if thats not begging for sympathy i don't know what is
    Last edited by human; 09-14-2015 at 04:46 PM.

so you why are crying that the world is ignoring your "flood"?

and has to fix Europe's while taking the blame ?

if thats not begging for sympathy i don't know what is
    Well clearly you're not known for your comprehension skills, but enough about that. Back to the topic at hand. Europe never gave a shit about kids dying or feeding the poor but since photo journalists are putting drowned kids on the front pages, people who never cared before have to pretend these kids matter. My question is why are the wealthiest Islamic countries going to do for their own?
    Minerva