Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Reporters shot live on Air

Woooooooohooooooooo!

Thank god!!! lol
    Cindy

Yay, that pic was one of the true horrors of the internet!
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Yes!!!!
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

doing my part
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Yay :-D

mac_lorre Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by StudioJoe View Post
    Hollow point slugs fragment on impact into razor-sharp mini projectiles to do the maximum damage to internal organs, i.e., ensure the victim is killed. Hollow point is even banned in the military, as full metal jacket has the potential to just wound rather than kill. This sh*t was trying to make sure his victims died.
    No, hollow points expand on impact, not fragment. In fact, a lot of engineering goes into modern hollow points to ensure fragmentation doesn't occur, as a bullet that breaks apart won't penetrate as deeply as one that stays together. The full metal jacket ammo used with the M16 family of rifles by our military does fragment, actually, and the fragged pieces aren't razor sharp. I'd say anytime someone fires a gun at another person's head, they're trying to make sure that victim dies, regardless of their choice of ammo.

YaY! That pic was the pits.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    YaY! That pic was the pits.
    Yep.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Hockeywife Guest
    Tmz says there's an autopsy photo of the killer. They passed on it. National inquirer? You're up!

Little Chief Guest
    I'm interested in seeing the autopsy pic.

Also i was gonna quote the picture from the last page, but on second thought
    i don't want to put you all through that again haha.

Edit: from TMZ

"Someone snuck a picture during the autopsy of Vester Flanagan, the man who shot and killed a Virginia reporter and cameraman, and it's being shopped around to the media.

We were contacted by someone who sent the pic, taken on an autopsy table. We passed, but whoever called seems determined to make a quick buck.

The photo is pretty gruesome ... taken mid-autopsy with a slit open chest. It looks like the person who took the pic lifted the sheet for a better view.

We sent the pic over to the Northern Virginia Medical Examiner and they confirmed the pic is not anything taken for official purposes."
    Last edited by Little Chief; 09-07-2015 at 08:42 PM.

Wow, since when does TMZ have any journalistic integrity? They must have wanted more for the the pic than TMZ was willing to pay.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

In light of Mr. Flanagan saying people in Roanoke were homophobic. This event kicks off this weekend:
    http://www.roanokepride.org/

I'm sure something about that would have offended him too.

Incidentally we saw Deborah Cox at Minneapolis Pride back in June. I didn't really know who she was, we basically went to see our friend Mayda who opened the show, and Peaches, who also opened. Deborah was really good though, and she's really beautiful. There were some black guys behind me who were working there taking a break to watch the show. The one asked me who it was and I told him Deborah Cox and he was like "that Deborah Cox! Damn!" I think he was being positive, but it just made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Chief View Post
    I'm interested in seeing the autopsy pic.

Also i was gonna quote the picture from the last page, but on second thought
    i don't want to put you all through that again haha.

Edit: from TMZ

"Someone snuck a picture during the autopsy of Vester Flanagan, the man who shot and killed a Virginia reporter and cameraman, and it's being shopped around to the media.

We were contacted by someone who sent the pic, taken on an autopsy table. We passed, but whoever called seems determined to make a quick buck.

The photo is pretty gruesome ... taken mid-autopsy with a slit open chest. It looks like the person who took the pic lifted the sheet for a better view.

We sent the pic over to the Northern Virginia Medical Examiner and they confirmed the pic is not anything taken for official purposes."
    The Autopsy pic is in the new Inquirer. I just got the new one yesterday, and its in there.

My heart still hurts for the victims and their families. I am a former reporter. Just after giving birth to my daughter, I was working a murder scene when a neighbor came out of his house and leveled a shotgun at me and the cameraman I was with. We were not on his property, and had not approached him. Considering the area, and the reputation, it is likely that he did not want us to see or film somethng involving a drug operation.

I remember that I didn´t feel panicked, but knew that I had to handle the situation in just the right way. I kept thinking I had to make the right decisions to be able to see my baby again. We slowly backed up, and I spoke quitely, and told the man that we were not interested in filming him or speaking with him. I told him that the camera was not on, and that we were just waiting for the police to talk to us about what had happened. He went into his house and we kept walking away. Unfortunately for him, his actions had been noticed by police investigating the murder, and they came running to ask if they had just witnessed what they thought they had. He ended up being dragged from his house and arrested on felony weapons charges. I jad moved out of the country by the time he went on trial, but since the cameraman testified and police officers had witnessed it, he was convicted.

That sounds scary as hell. I'm glad you and your cameraman were not hurt.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

the survivor Vicki Gardner speaks for the first time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjOa2i0vh_A

Every time see reporters on TV I think of them. Probably won't ever forget. To be doing your job have some self entitled nut pop out of nowhere and gun you down...SMH.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

The picture is kind of disappointing. I guess I'd assumed he shot himself in the face. Wishful thinking.

Wasn't Alison Parker shot in the head? From the video, it appears that Williams chased her down after he was sure that Ward was dead?

I'm so glad that Gardner survived. I'm wondering if she has residual injury injuries?

Here's that ugly, toad-looking asshole

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/true...r-lee-flanagan
    For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

What's so good about goodbye, when the best was yet to come?

Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    Here's that ugly, toad-looking asshole

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/true...r-lee-flanagan
    Where? I only came to the frontpage

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrica View Post
    Where? I only came to the frontpage
    Odd. When I click the link, it goes right to the story which includes a photo.

Try http://www.nationalenquirer.com/site...l-ne-short.jpg
    For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

What's so good about goodbye, when the best was yet to come?

I didn't try the first link, but the one in your last post #224 pulls up only the picture of VF/BW, not the front page. So it's working for me too. He kind of just looks like he's sleeping.

eta: Just tried the first link and it goes to the picture w/the copy for me, second one goes to the photo alone.

Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    Odd. When I click the link, it goes right to the story which includes a photo.

Try http://www.nationalenquirer.com/site...l-ne-short.jpg
    Still just the frontpage:-/ Maybe it does not work for me, because I'm on a Norwegian network?

Really emotional article on CNN today:

http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/26/medi...oom/index.html

YuukaK Guest
    I read the article and cried because it made me think about how I'd react if I saw the person I was supposed to marry murdered on air. It....wouldn't be pretty.

It was a very touching article.

Good article. Of course in the comments someone is ranting that it was all a hoax, along with every single mass shooting.
    All part of vast conspiracy to take away all guns in the US.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

The father of Alison Parker is trying to get Google to take down the video

https://nypost.com/2019/03/23/father...ideo-from-web/