Thread: Shannen Doherty

Shannen Doherty

She's suing her former business managers because she said they didn't pay her medical insurance premiums, causing her to lose coverage for 2014.

When she got the coverage back in 2015 she was diagnosed with invasive breast cancer.

"According to the complaint, "Plaintiff was also informed that, had she been insured and able to visit her doctor, the cancer could potentially have been stopped, thus obviating the need for the future treatment (including mastectomy and chemotherapy) that Plaintiff will likely have to suffer through now."

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/news...181534709.html
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

navallint Guest
    I read this on TMZ. She needs to accept it and start treatment not bring the blame game. Sorry, I've never liked her, but I don't wish her ill health.

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post
    I read this on TMZ. She needs to accept it and start treatment not bring the blame game. Sorry, I've never liked her, but I don't wish her ill health.
    This!

luckyinlove Guest
    Does anyone like her? Her wonky eyes bother me.

Good to know she has her priorities right and makes you wonder if it's karma at work once again.

How was she so evil again??

I think she was just a huge bitch and hard to work with. A diva.

I'm sorry that she didn't get diagnosed right away, I'm curious when her annual mammogram would have been, I am assuming that's what was missed. If she'd have found a lump she could have paid to have a mammo herself and then sued for not having coverage, or something. I'm not blaming her for it but she had the means to get a mammogram didn't she? Also did she try and do something as soon as she found out she didn't have insurance in 2014 or just wait until she was covered again in 2015? The lawsuit seems kind of extreme and I agree she needs to just focus on getting well and treating her cancer now that she has insurance again. It wasn't like she was some middle class lady who didn't have insurance and just made too much to get state medical coverage but couldn't afford her own trips to the doctor, like a million other people. Myself included for a time.

Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    How was she so evil again??
    She was sacked from BH 90210 for a variety of things then a few years later Aaron Spelling hired her again for Charmed thinking she had grown up but they ended up killing her off because she did the same thing again. Hardly anyone she has worked with has ever said anything nice about her. Usually if someone is difficult then the usual quote is they were extremely professional but I don't think she even got that from anyone. The usual quotes are back stabbing bitch, she devil etc and that's just the nice ones.

Sorry regardless on her behind the scenes spats and diva attitude nobody deserves cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Sorry regardless on her behind the scenes spats and diva attitude nobody deserves cancer.
    ITA.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    I 100% agree with that. Anybody who says different should be made to interact with someone who suffers then see what they say. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy...that disease is the true evil of this world, no matter what anybody else says.

I've known a bunch of people who have died from this horrible disease and I would never wish it on my worst enemy either; however, celebs are fair game here and anyone who wants to give her the evil eye or drag her through the mud, go for it. Rule 4.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I've always liked her. But I've always liked Ladies with attitude. The first three seasons of Charmed were the best. I wish her only the best and hope thing's haven't spread to far. I've we had the money, I would get my wife tested for the BC gene. Damn near lost my Mom to this.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

In 2000 I found a mass that turned out to be a cyst, but the three days it took to get the biopsy results back were a living hell. I wouldn't even wish the scare on anyone.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I went through that with Jeanette about 2 years ago......And you are right....those 3 or 5 days waiting is brutal
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

My wife has milk ducts that will calcify and feel like a mass and show up dark on a regular mammogram. That wait between taking the sample out and getting the results is wretched. The world keeps spinning and expecting stuff from you even when you can't think from worrying so much.

I don't like her, but I wouldn't wish this disease on her or anyone.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Xiroi Guest
    I never hated her as I had no idea of how she was, I liked Brenda as a character as she did things I did in my teens as well and I liked Charmed too so I was sad to hear she was ill, even though I can't understand how she can sue her manager. It's not going to help and I doubt it was their responsibility to make sure she had all her medical tests up to date or that she made her monthly self exams, which she should have done insured or not.

Any news about how she's doing?

I was a fan of her's when she was on charmed but didn't like her much on Beverly Hills 90210. Very sad she has got cancer, I hope she beats it and comes out the other side better than ever.

Her battle has gotten much worse. I wish her nothing but the best. https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebri...cid=spartandhp

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Her battle has gotten much worse. I wish her nothing but the best. https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebri...cid=spartandhp
    I read that. The insurance company she is battling are claiming she is using it to try and gain sympathy even though the only reason she had to admit it to begin with was because details were gonna be made public soon and this way it wouldn't be some made up BS from the media and straight from her own mouth. She also says they are shaming her by trying to claim it's partially her own fault because she smoked up until recently which she is denying saying she gave up when she was first diagnosed back in 2015.