Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sandra Bland

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    \ The walls are off white as Ria said, not gray.
    Thats usually a photographic phenomenon know as "subject failure". It happens when the camera is on automatic and exposes longer to compensate for a darker subject and shorter for a lighter on because the cameras center of focus and metering is on the center. If the subject is dark, the wall will get lighter, if the subject is light, the wall would be darker.

Makes sense to me, Pauli.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I never knew sassy eye rolls could go that far back in your head, I, have worked with and for a medical examiner and was going to be one myself, to me the picture on the right she is dead. They do not put you in jail clothes until after your mug shot and booking. The walls are off white as Ria said, not gray. I again feel like when she hit her head it caused some damage and she died in her cell on the floor and that is when these pictures were taken.
    I think you are seeing too much into this. I get from that photo on the right of her doing a snarky, "Oh please" type of eye roll when she was getting her pic done and then they made her pose again for the second one. I really feel she committed suicide, but that's just me and a few others...

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I think you are seeing too much into this. I get from that photo on the right of her doing a snarky, "Oh please" type of eye roll when she was getting her pic done and then they made her pose again for the second one. I really feel she committed suicide, but that's just me and a few others...
    You could very well be right.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I'm glad I'm not the only one who just thought she was rolling her eyes back or making a face or doing something in the pic on the right. The jail here will make you take another pic if you aren't looking at the camera. I don't see any evidence of photoshop or doctoring on the other pic. Where did the pic on the right come from? Was it released directly from the sheriff's office or whoever arrested her? I also saw that the jail pics can have a gray background, and that other people have been booked in orange clothes as well.

There's no harm in having an independent autopsy done, if the family really has issues. But it needs to be truly independent and not someone they can pay to have the findings they want. I'm afraid that won't clear anything up anyway, even if it comes back the same.

Bidmor Guest
    It's difficult to compare the photos because the "eye roll" pic is much less resolution than the first one. Also, in the second pic, the areas between her cheek bones and eyes are much darker and larger than the first pic.

However, having fooled around with photo apps for many years, I can see what appears to painting and pixel cloning in the same areas in both photos, namely her neck in a possible attempt to cover ligature marks. But that doesn't make sense. If those are actually painting and cloning on her neck, why would they be there in both pix? So they must not be.

However the position of her eyes does bother me and, to a lesser degree, the darker areas below her eyes.

I'm on the fence.

I'm just saying...I googled "Eye rolls" (I know, haha) and most of the people had control of their irises. I mean, they held them sideways in what it called a "Smirk roll." I saw one that had her eyeballs straight up but not as much as SB. Doesn't mean anything...
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Now they have released a video with their trademark shitty resolution.

They still haven't provided a better resolution pic of her side mugshot, which of course just fans the flames of conspiracy.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/28/of...n-her-mugshot/
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I'm just saying...I googled "Eye rolls" (I know, haha) and most of the people had control of their irises. I mean, they held them sideways in what it called a "Smirk roll." I saw one that had her eyeballs straight up but not as much as SB. Doesn't mean anything...
    I love how thorough we are on this forum!!!! Growing up with three sisters, I've seen every kind of eye roll there is. I can't tell anything by the picture but I honestly don't believe they would stage a mug shot if she was already dead.

Okay, I just watched the video of her booking. She looks like she's being treated just fine, she's still giving major 'tude, but she's very much alive. I can't wait to hear the b.s. about how they're going to claim the video is fake.
    Last edited by McCourt; 07-28-2015 at 04:03 PM.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    There's no harm in having an independent autopsy done, if the family really has issues. But it needs to be truly independent and not someone they can pay to have the findings they want. I'm afraid that won't clear anything up anyway, even if it comes back the same.
    Getting an independent autopsy is not like a politician hiring his own pollster to deliver an opinion poll that says he's the frontrunner in a race. Any coroner-for-hire who would ignore the forensic and physical evidence just to tell the family what he thinks "they want to hear" wouldn't have a reputation for very long.

WORD.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Maybe it's just me, but I think she looks a little pale for a black woman. Black folks, please don't attack me, I don't have a racist bone in my body, I'm just stating a fact. Also, the way her shoulders are set it looks to me like she's lying down. Now I could be wrong. And I hope I am. I hope there's a reasonable explanation for all of this. The fact that she's dressed in oranges isn't right. Mug shots are never taken in oranges, they're taken in whatever clothes you're arrested in, usually immediately upon your arrival at the police station. You are fingerprinted and mugshots taken.

Where I live you don't change into jail clothing, the "oranges" or whatever color the jail uses, until you are transferred somewhere else. My city's jail isn't meant to hold people longer than 48 hours. There are no showers, no oranges, no nothing. You get TV dinners to eat, they're cheap Banquet meals. I think that's the one thing that's wrong with Sandra Bland's mugshots. The fact she's wearing oranges.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

All races--except largely the Asians--come in all kinds of skin and hair colors. I went to school with a girl who had a very dark complexion and curly black hair and every new student would say something like "I didn't think this school was integrated." She got her coloring from her Cherokee ancestors. And before I met Nabo I thought all Latinos had dark skin, hair, and eyes. Well, they don't. Some have red hair, some blond, some light eyes.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    All races--except largely the Asians--come in all kinds of skin and hair colors. I went to school with a girl who had a very dark complexion and curly black hair and every new student would say something like "I didn't think this school was integrated." She got her coloring from her Cherokee ancestors. And before I met Nabo I thought all Latinos had dark skin, hair, and eyes. Well, they don't. Some have red hair, some blond, some light eyes.
    Very good points, Cindy. But in the pictures, it looks like parts of Sandra's face are paler than they should be. Usually if you're a certain color, you're that color all over. Patches of pale indicate something's wrong.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Very good points, Cindy. But in the pictures, it looks like parts of Sandra's face are paler than they should be. Usually if you're a certain color, you're that color all over. Patches of pale indicate something's wrong.
    It could be the light or she may have had that skin disease Michael Jackson had. IDK. I'm just yapping up thingys.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    1) Cop went way too far and should have let it go. Given the ticket, ignore the attitude, and go about his day.

2) She was dealing with depression, smoked weed while locked up, and killed herself.

3) End of story.

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    1) Cop went way too far and should have let it go. Given the ticket, ignore the attitude, and go about his day.

2) She was dealing with depression, smoked weed while locked up, and killed herself.

3) End of story.
    After viewing the MSN vid, Stewie's summary is it. In that vid we see Bland having her mugs taken, in oranges. Before that, she emerges from what appears the restroom and sits on the bench, wiping her fingers on the face several times...her make-up had just been washed off? (Which would account for the light and dark splotches on her face in the mug.) We also see her blanket and bed-roll handed to her.

Done.

3) End of story.

I agree with this also.

But this PD/SO does sometimes take pictures in oranges. They showed pictures of at least 5 other inmate whose pictures were taken in oranges. Different agencies do things differently. This one claims they take pictures in either depending on how busy they are in booking at the time they are brought in. I know, this could just be an excuse, but I'm just pointing out that she isn't the only one these guys have taking booking photos of while they were wearing the orange clothes.

No surprise, since I've said basically the same thing, but I agree with SGG too.

eta: I don't know if this is one of the videos posted, but you can see her getting her booking pictures taken in her orange clothes here.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/videos...4382283481001/
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 07-28-2015 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StudioJoe View Post
    Getting an independent autopsy is not like a politician hiring his own pollster to deliver an opinion poll that says he's the frontrunner in a race. Any coroner-for-hire who would ignore the forensic and physical evidence just to tell the family what he thinks "they want to hear" wouldn't have a reputation for very long.
    I would agree, but I've seen court cases where the other side has asked for a second autopsy and their findings somehow contradict the original one and bolstered their caes. If 2 different people get 2 different findings, there's something wrong with one of them.

3) End of story.
    In this racially charged climate nothing can be that easy, everything is suspect. If her smoking weed or just by giving attitude while locked up is reasoning to kill her then may those responsible burn.
    Last edited by TheDude; 07-29-2015 at 03:07 AM.

Since this entire racial thing started since Trayvon Martin I wonder how many white people have been killed by the hands of police. I guess the media doesn't care. I guess white lives don't matter.

she was a smart assed, loud mouthed woman, who got arrested. her "LOVING" family and friends left her in jail for 3 fucking days. she had a history
    of suicide attempts. she killed herself. WAH! why and how do ppl pick these jerks to be their martyrs? i don't feel any inch of sorrow for ppl who act stupid and put themselves into those positions. i can see her, acting in despair, her friends and family not bailing her out, thinking, fine...I'mma show you! and hanging herself.

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    she was a smart assed, loud mouthed woman, who got arrested. her "LOVING" family and friends left her in jail for 3 fucking days. she had a history
    of suicide attempts. she killed herself. WAH! why and how do ppl pick these jerks to be their martyrs? i don't feel any inch of sorrow for ppl who act stupid and put themselves into those positions. i can see her, acting in despair, her friends and family not bailing her out, thinking, fine...I'mma show you! and hanging herself.
    I have to totally agree with this. Besides it not being her first time at the jail rodeo. While the cop should have been more patient with her, she should have also kept her sassy mouth in check and just took the ticket or the warning. She'd have a few other run-ins with the law before, so she should have known better. I guess she thought she could get away with it (her attitude) in TX that she brought with her from the other state she moved from.

Since this entire racial thing started since Trayvon Martin I wonder how many white people have been killed by the hands of police. I guess the media doesn't care. I guess white lives don't matter.
    I believe there was one killed by the LAPD a couple of days ago in Studio City. I know for sure they did shoot and kill someone there, and since his race hasn't been mentioned, I'm guessing he was white. ...
    just looked it up and yes he was. It wasn't a big media event. I only know about it because I follow some L.A. news reporters on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I believe there was one killed by the LAPD a couple of days ago in Studio City. I know for sure they did shoot and kill someone there, and since his race hasn't been mentioned, I'm guessing he was white. ...
    just looked it up and yes he was. It wasn't a big media event. I only know about it because I follow some L.A. news reporters on Twitter.
    Yup and you just randomly saw it. Where is the media furor? The video? All that. I'd bet anything there have been more white deaths that are cop related than black deaths that are cop related in that time span.

the family has quickly filed a lawsuit - they were much slower in raising the bail to get her out of jail

http://nypost.com/2015/08/04/sandra-...t-for-answers/

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    the family has quickly filed a lawsuit - they were much slower in raising the bail to get her out of jail

http://nypost.com/2015/08/04/sandra-...t-for-answers/

Another family hoping for death cash-out...cha-ching!

Yeah, she filed it in a "hunt for answers". More like a hunt for money. IMO she has already been given answers to the questions that have been brought up, and if she hasn't she can come read this thread because most of them are here.

no charges against the jail staff - the jury is still considering charges against the trooper who arrested her

http://news.yahoo.com/prosecutor-say...070623733.html

So why didn't they release that video a long time ago? Glad they did that has made me change my mind about her being dead.

The officer who arrested her is being charged with perjury.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/06/us/san...ted/index.html
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

I read he was also fired.......the people are making a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by StudioJoe View Post
    Smoking a cigarette in your car and not signalling a lane change are not capital crimes carrying instant (no indictment, no trial, no verdict) death penalty, last time I looked.
    Totally agree!!! People love saying sensational things anonymously online without all the proof. The only people who really know what happened were Sandra and whichever God you believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by bustakita View Post
    Totally agree!!! People love saying sensational things anonymously online without all the proof. The only people who really know what happened were Sandra and whichever God you believe in.
    I'd also agree this was not an offense carrying the death penalty... And it wasn't—at least not until she made it such.

There are two parts here:

1. Traffic stop, warranted or not, I won't debate that.

2. A death that was not a 'punishment' from the law. It became a death sentence because a woman chose to take her own life.

For as much as I hear people advocating for the cop to be punished for her death, he did not kill her. I'm not sure if this is overlooked or people are too busy pondering conspiracy theories, but this argument is null... Why she felt the need to end her life, I can't speculate, but the only death 'sentence' imposed came via the woman herself.

Quote Originally Posted by sfcitygirl View Post
    I'd also agree this was not an offense carrying the death penalty... And it wasn't—at least not until she made it such.

There are two parts here:

1. Traffic stop, warranted or not, I won't debate that.

2. A death that was not a 'punishment' from the law. It became a death sentence because a woman chose to take her own life.

For as much as I hear people advocating for the cop to be punished for her death, he did not kill her. I'm not sure if this is overlooked or people are too busy pondering conspiracy theories, but this argument is null... Why she felt the need to end her life, I can't speculate, but the only death 'sentence' imposed came via the woman herself.
    He isn't responsible for her death but he obviously doesn't have the temperament to be a police officer.

what do you want cops to do??! he told her to get out of the fucking car. she was a jackass...!!! she killed herself. WAHH! another loser
    you do what the cop tells you to do

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    what do you want cops to do??! he told her to get out of the fucking car. she was a jackass...!!! she killed herself. WAHH! another loser
    you do what the cop tells you to do
    There was no reason to ask her to get out of the car. What I expect him to do is tell her the problem, either give a ticket or not and then move on.

No, you don't always do what a cop tells you.

her family has reached a $1.9 million settlement

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...00f2?section=&

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    her family has reached a $1.9 million settlement

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...00f2?section=&

Yep, they won the "Ghetto Lottery". I guess they got that bail money now!

They won nothing.

That money will be gone in no time! They don't deserve a fucking penny! That's all they cared about, sure as hell didn't give a crap about her when she was
    killing herself in jail. They need to stop handing out money to these useless mf'ers just to shut them up. So sick of this bullshit!

Right?!

So Bland recorded the incident with the police officer

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...29820-157.html

Another stir of the stick.^
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

47. 06-21-2020, 09:10 AM

48. 06-21-2020, 09:19 AM
    Reason
    To not post consecutively in 30 mins

49. 06-21-2020, 09:45 AM

Wow. Just came in to read the comments and it is too much for me.