Thread: The Del Rubio Triplets (minus two)

The Del Rubio Triplets (minus two)

The Del Rubio Triplets were a variety/musical act who rose to notoriety in the 1980s due mostly to their campy style of dress and their goofy interpretations of standards and songs of the era.
    Their biggest "hit" was an acoustic-guitar cover version of the song "Whip It" by Devo.

They made various television appearances such as Married... with Children, Full House, The Golden Girls, and Pee-wee's Playhouse wearing bouffant hair-dos and gaudy blue eyeshadow. They often appeared scantily clad (usually showing off their legs) despite the fact that they were in their sixties at the time. They are often remembered for their contribution of "Winter Wonderland" to the Pee-wee's Playhouse Christmas Special that originally aired in 1988. They also briefly appeared in the motion picture Americathon, playing "America the Beautiful" behind several posing bodybuilders.

The three performed until Eadie was diagnosed with cancer in 1996 where she died at Torrance Memorial Medical Center in Torrance, California. After her death Elena and Milly never again performed but lived quietly for five years until Elena died in 2001. Elena was admitted to a hospital to undergo some tests where she found that she had cancer and later died. Elena and Eadie are interred in a family plot at Holy Cross Cemetery in Culver City, California next to their father.

Since the death of Elena Del Rubio, Milly has remained in the San Pedro, California home that they all shared together. She is an avid reader of newspapers and magazines, and finds one of her pleasures is watching Larry King Live. In August 2006, Milly celebrated her 85th birthday.

Jaxxx Guest
    Oh gosh, i just love these girls, they were so refreshing!!!! Thanks for honoring them here.

Kathyf Guest
    I just sent a card to Milly. Scott posted on Myspace she needed cheering for the hoilidays. Great women.

I love them. I have all their CDs. I like how they bicker about men in the songs - hilarious!

SistaSara Guest
    OMG...so I am roating the kids collection of T.V. material and out from behind I find a Pee Wee's Playhouse VHS tape I picked up at a yard sale for a quarter..and I start looking at it. And it's a two part episode with the first half being about the Del Rubio Triplets. I was kinda trippin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6cijEktQAE

So Ive heard that Milly died July 21st but cant confirm it anywhere.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

They're reunited!

deanfan Guest
    I remember them from "Married With Children". They were interesting ladies.

phirerednga Guest
    RIP to all the sisters.

radiojane Guest
    I actually just saw them in an episode of Sliders from 1995. I picked them out right off, even though the only place I've ever saw them was Scott's sight.

1karenhb Guest
    I didn't know the 3rd one died. RIP ladies.

They would've been 100 today. Still laugh at the thought of their appearances on Married with Children and Pee Wee's Christmas Special.