Thread: Vincent Viafore Dies While Kayaking

Vincent Viafore Dies While Kayaking

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/27/ny...-say.html?_r=0

Body found last weekend, his fiancé, Angelika Graswald, has been indicted on second degree murder and second degree manslaughter charges.

"Mr. Viafore had been missing after his kayak capsized on April 19, prompting the authorities to search miles of the river. The police initially believed that Mr. Viafore died of an accidental drowning after ending up in the water while returning from an excursion to Bannerman Island.

But according to prosecutors and the police, after Mr. Viaforeâ??s disappearance, Ms. Graswald, 35, made conflicting statements that implicated her in the death and told investigators that she had tampered with his kayak."

She was the beneficiary on life insurance policies totalling $250,000
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

RIP - she maybe should have steered clear of the conflicting, implicating statements and what not.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    RIP - she maybe should have steered clear of the conflicting, implicating statements and what not.
    Maybe she should have steered clear of owning a $250K life insurance policy which made her BF seem more attractive dead than alive!
    Folks have a tendency to become suspicious of that sort of thing, even if they were married and had children to provide for and property to pay for.

I read that she looks at jail the way someone would view summer camp. Visitors report her saying stuff like "today we're having chicken" with a weird giddiness about her. Crazzzzzy bitch.

Who would kayak on the Hudson without a life jacket near Bannerman's Island? I read the water is rough there. My paddles do not float....if I drop one, it sinks.....unless they make a special paddle that floats?

Sounds to me like she tampered with his kayak.

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    Who would kayak on the Hudson without a life jacket near Bannerman's Island? I read the water is rough there. My paddles do not float....if I drop one, it sinks.....unless they make a special paddle that floats?

Sounds to me like she tampered with his kayak.
    He did make it pretty easy to be murdered.

Looks like I've got another 48 Hours to add to my schedule. Oh, but I'm forgetting Dateline.

She actually said, when asked how it felt watching him struggle, that it "Felt good!" I cannot imagine being a loved one of Viafore's and hearing that!

I don't think this case would've been easy to prosecute if not for her own words and actions. She allegedly tampered with his kayak while they were on a small island unbeknownst to him... Kind of clever, really! (Not saying "clever" means "good"... it doesn't.) But those quarter-million dollar life insurance policies will tell on ya every time.

I know there is no way I could stand there and watch someone drown and know I was responsible. It would be a TERRIBLE way to die, and to watch that, the desperation, the panic.... God no.

She's not the first I've seen treat jail like "summer camp!" When Jodi Arias was in county jail (Estrella, with Sheriff Joe) she pretty much acted as though it, too, was a sort of sleepover or something.... used to piss me off so much! She was allowed 9 hours of video visitation per day (in 15-minute increments) which mean 30+ different people to "visit" as well as $100 per week on sweets and such. She thrived in that place for the better part of her 7 year stay, God yes.

But just as Jodi is getting an eye-opener at Perryville Prison, this woman is in for a very rude awakening. I'm sure she thinks she'll be getting out soon... seems most of the "This is like camp!" people change their tune when "camp" is suddenly turned into Life Without Parole. Everybody wants to go home sometime... even from camp.

She has NO remorse whatsoever (that's apparent, anyway.) Anyone who can look someone in the eye knowing that in the next half hour they're going to DROWN because of you.... whoa! And to stand there and be "glad" when they're flailing in the water and (perhaps) realizing what you did... damn. Just damn. She should NEVER be free again, this woman is dangerous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

The trial has started. It must suck to be the lawyers defending someone who has pretty much confessed.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...382062221.html

"Graswald told another investigator she had pulled a plug on Viafore's kayak and manipulated the ring on his paddle, state police senior investigator Aniello Moscato testified.
    Neither prosecutors nor the defense can comment due to a gag order. Prosecutors said after her arrest that Graswald had been hoping to collect $250,000 in life insurance.

The defense maintains Viafore's death was accidental, and Graswald has denied murder and manslaughter charges."
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

On one program I saw the other day, one "expert" claimed the confession was due to her being grilled for 11 hours. Of course, that doesn't explain the ironically-named Angelika's ridiculous "yoga" acrobatics when she surely KNEW she was being recorded in the interrogation room. Just like some of Jodi's antics, though at least Jodi apparently never intended to PROFIT by killing Travis.
    It's way too easy to buy life insurance on people one isn't even related or married to-- did the hapless Mr. Viafore even KNOW his "beloved" had that much riding on his ordinary life?

She does have a seriously sinister looking face considering the circumstances.
    TaupinJohn you nailed it. I couldn't (and imagine most people) watch someone drown and push their floating paddle away.
    I also wonder if he knew about the insurance?
    RIP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	42 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	53781  

She's been found Guilty of Criminally Negligent Homicide, sentence of 1 1/3 to 4 years.

http://nypost.com/2017/11/08/kayak-k...fiances-death/
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    She's been found Guilty of Criminally Negligent Homicide, sentence of 1 1/3 to 4 years.

And I suppose she'll also get to collect on that $250K policy. It's been done before. Scum queen.

Amanda Knox even did handstands and stuff, holy hell she looks like Jodi, the chick in the above photo.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post

Hopefully Vincent's family will start a Civil Lawsuit to make sure she doesn't get a dime.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Up to 4 years. With time served. Slap on the wrist. Kind of pisses me off.