Page 8 of 100 FirstFirst ... 6789101757 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for Dinner 2night?

Firehouse sub. Yummy!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Fish gratin

I'm thinking spaghetti, dunno what else yet.

I don't know either. Probably cheese sammies--grilled or not grilled.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Fried potatoes, bacon bits, onions and melted cheese mixed in olive oil

I recently turned vegetarian, so tonight we had an Indian, but vegetable based. It was delicious.
    Ive never tried saag aloo before, it was AMAZING!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrica View Post
    Fried potatoes, bacon bits, onions and melted cheese mixed in olive oil
    slide a plate over here, will 'ya?
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    slide a plate over here, will 'ya?
    Sorry, already eaten up ;-)

No. Clue. I went to the store yesterday, and bought all kinds of stuff: pasta, chicken, ham steaks, pork chops. And I don't know what to make. Lol
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Bojangles Fried Chicken - I've been dying for a good piece of Fried Chicken for the longest and tonight is the night, I will do the Colonel or Popeyes if I'm in a hurry to get dinner and be home but to me they don't hold a candle to Bojangles.

You could blindfold me and l could take the Pepsi challenge and I'd know the difference.

Ham and cheese pie

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Bojangles Fried Chicken - I've been dying for a good piece of Fried Chicken for the longest and tonight is the night, I will do the Colonel or Popeyes if I'm in a hurry to get dinner and be home but to me they don't hold a candle to Bojangles.

You could blindfold me and l could take the Pepsi challenge and I'd know the difference.
    Two plates, Dude? Don't the Misses feed you??? You poor starving guy!!!

I am no closer to knowing what to make for supper than I was earlier. I just know we'll eat.

"I just go here!"

navallint Guest
    Love Bojangles. My daughter is a manager at KFC, but we eat Bo's. )

My NIL loves Bojangles, but all I've ever eaten there is breakfast and it was the pits, especially the decaf

BBQ. I could eat only half, so I'll have the leftovers tomorrow night.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Ham steak, green beans, and four cheese Rice-a-Roni.

"I just go here!"

Didn't feel like cooking. So, I just shoved a Marie Callendar's Teriyaki Chicken meal in the microwave and nuked it. It wasn't that bad.
    You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone

Twitter: @rchamberlain87 Follow me if you want. Just play nice.

Only the good die young....

Pink grapefruit.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    Pink grapefruit.
    That was what I had for breakfast, with yogurt, blueberries, and honeydew melon.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    That was what I had for breakfast, with yogurt, blueberries, and honeydew melon.
    That sounds really yummy!!!
    Minerva

Taco Bell... more specifically cheesy bean & rice burritios & a lil side of nachos..and maybe an empanada & some Mt Dew livewire..I'm really hungry today .The other half is probably having McDs.. He's taking a liking to their artisan chicken .

That sounds really yummy!!!
    I take half a grapefruit to work every morning with some kind of yogurt, and two kinds of fruit. If I'm REALLY hungry, I'll get an Egg White Delight, too. But because I walk to work, I have a protein bar right when I get there.

One morning, I took a grapefruit, yogurt, and fruit to work for break. I laid it out on the table, and decided I was hungry so I got up to order an Egg White Delight. There was an older gentleman sitting at the table next to mine, and when I got back he leaned toward me and asked, "Do you sell grapefruit here?"

"No," I said, "but I wish we did." I sat down with my sandwich, and started to open things up.

"Had you been gone any longer," the gentleman continued, "and I would have swiped your grapefruit."

I just laughed. I'm even making customers envious of my food. LOL!!! I'm watching what I eat, so I supplement. Fruit and yogurt in the morning with Egg White Delight, and fresh veggies in the afternoon with a grilled Snack Wrap.

"I just go here!"

I take half a grapefruit to work every morning with some kind of yogurt, and two kinds of fruit. If I'm REALLY hungry, I'll get an Egg White Delight, too. But because I walk to work, I have a protein bar right when I get there.

One morning, I took a grapefruit, yogurt, and fruit to work for break. I laid it out on the table, and decided I was hungry so I got up to order an Egg White Delight. There was an older gentleman sitting at the table next to mine, and when I got back he leaned toward me and asked, "Do you sell grapefruit here?"

"No," I said, "but I wish we did." I sat down with my sandwich, and started to open things up.

"Had you been gone any longer," the gentleman continued, "and I would have swiped your grapefruit."

I just laughed. I'm even making customers envious of my food. LOL!!! I'm watching what I eat, so I supplement. Fruit and yogurt in the morning with Egg White Delight, and fresh veggies in the afternoon with a grilled Snack Wrap.
    OMG that's too funny!!! Costco has these boxes of pink grapefruit in cups ready for munching. There's about 50 or so calories per cup so that's my go to meal when I'm sick of everything else or I feel like I need to lose a quick pound or two. I'll just eat this only for a week or so.
    Minerva

OMG that's too funny!!! Costco has these boxes of pink grapefruit in cups ready for munching. There's about 50 or so calories per cup so that's my go to meal when I'm sick of everything else or I feel like I need to lose a quick pound or two. I'll just eat this only for a week or so.
    I buy 2 grapefruits when I get paid. Cut them in half, wrap them in Saran Wrap, and put them in the fridge. They're ready to go in the mornings when I pack my breakfast. Four days after I get paid, I go to the store. I buy another three or four grapefruits. Cut them in half, wrap them in Saran Wrap, and add them to the fridge with any leftovers from earlier in the week. (And yes. I rotate. First in, first out, just like at work.) I buy other fruits, too, and veggies, too. I spend 30 minutes or more portioning up the food I buy to make it easier to just throw it in my lunchbox and go.

"I just go here!"

I buy 2 grapefruits when I get paid. Cut them in half, wrap them in Saran Wrap, and put them in the fridge. They're ready to go in the mornings when I pack my breakfast. Four days after I get paid, I go to the store. I buy another three or four grapefruits. Cut them in half, wrap them in Saran Wrap, and add them to the fridge with any leftovers from earlier in the week. (And yes. I rotate. First in, first out, just like at work.) I buy other fruits, too, and veggies, too. I spend 30 minutes or more portioning up the food I buy to make it easier to just throw it in my lunchbox and go.
    I am genuinely impressed Ria. I thought I was organized but after reading this, I figured out that I'm just lazy. There area about 16 cups of the already cut up grapefruit cups and it lasts me about 5 days. LOL
    Minerva

I am genuinely impressed Ria. I thought I was organized but after reading this, I figured out that I'm just lazy. There area about 16 cups of the already cut up grapefruit cups and it lasts me about 5 days. LOL
    Thanks. Five grapefruits last me two weeks. I don't eat grapefruit on weekends, I take a break then. But it is easier to sit down and portion up all the fruits and veggies and put them in a couple of bins in my fridge, yes one for fruit and one for veggies. It makes it easier for me to pack my food for work. I operate by refrigerator light, so if it is already portioned up it makes my life easier at 3:30 or 4:30am.

"I just go here!"

Thanks. Five grapefruits last me two weeks. I don't eat grapefruit on weekends, I take a break then. But it is easier to sit down and portion up all the fruits and veggies and put them in a couple of bins in my fridge, yes one for fruit and one for veggies. It makes it easier for me to pack my food for work. I operate by refrigerator light, so if it is already portioned up it makes my life easier at 3:30 or 4:30am.
    I didn't think it would be possible for me to feel lazier but I seriously do after reading this. I don't even work and cutting up a grapefruit just wouldn't be worth the energy. I just don't care enough. I think my give a shitter is just broken. LOL My husband put a mini fridge in my bedroom closet when I broke my leg and had surgery a few years ago. Now I load it up with water, sangria and fruit cups. Pathetic, huh?? ;(
    Minerva

I didn't think it would be possible for me to feel lazier but I seriously do after reading this. I don't even work and cutting up a grapefruit just wouldn't be worth the energy. I just don't care enough. I think my give a shitter is just broken. LOL My husband put a mini fridge in my bedroom closet when I broke my leg and had surgery a few years ago. Now I load it up with water, sangria and fruit cups. Pathetic, huh?? ;(
    Not pathetic, just different. I have to be at work at 5 and 6am, and I walk to work. Which means I leave anywhere from 3:30am to 4:30am, and I spend quite a bit of time searching in the dark for my uniform, then wrangling my hair into a braided bun without having to add packing my breakfast and lunch into the mix. I sit down and portion up my fruits and veggies when I buy them, and it makes my life easier in the days to come.

"I just go here!"

Not pathetic, just different. I have to be at work at 5 and 6am, and I walk to work. Which means I leave anywhere from 3:30am to 4:30am, and I spend quite a bit of time searching in the dark for my uniform, then wrangling my hair into a braided bun without having to add packing my breakfast and lunch into the mix. I sit down and portion up my fruits and veggies when I buy them, and it makes my life easier in the days to come.
    I'm going to send you one of those minor headlamps so you can get your uniform on without disturbing anyone else.
    Minerva

I'm going to send you one of those minor headlamps so you can get your uniform on without disturbing anyone else.
    LOL! I operate in the mornings by cell phone light to get dressed, and refrigerator light to pack my breakfast and lunch. LOL My opening manager understands, and operates in the dark herself, so she says nothing when I come in with my shirt on backwards or inside-out.

"I just go here!"

tapas and wine

Homemade pizza. Dough is rising on the stove while the oven preheats beneath. Little Bit and I are having mini-pizzas, and Hubster is having his usual "hubby-sized-large" pizza.

"I just go here!"

PurrPurr Guest
    Fed the house tigers their last wet food for the day and taking a break from my manuscript

Cheese sammie I guess, and popsicles.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I had a scoop of strawberry gelato.
    Minerva

Peanut Butter sammies and popsicles.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

We roasted weenies and made pudgie pies around the fire pit tonight
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

That sounds yummy, Sass. I am without a doubt a weenie fanatic and love me some pie.

I grew up on the lake, weenie and marshmallow roasts, and we never made pudgie pies.

This also an excellent idea for cooking on a charcoal brazier aboard a ship bound for the New World. Thanks!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

We made pizza pudgies last night Haven't done them in a while, and they were pretty darn tastey
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

I bet they were. I saw some made with fruit. Yum!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Chicken alfredo. Schmoo's choice. He is home for the day. We are having that for Sunday dinner.

"I just go here!"

Some kind of sandwich on a bagel...Either tuna or turkey. Dunno what else..

kebab Roll

Steaks and steamed veges.
    Minerva

A black and blue zalad.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

PurrPurr Guest
    Loaded baked potato, the dinner of champions.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    A black and blue zalad.
    This sounds interesting. What's in it?
    Minerva

We had egg-and-cheese sammies. I wanted something quick that I could make and we could eat before it was time to take Schmoo back. We're leaving in a few minutes to take him back.

"I just go here!"

This sounds interesting. What's in it?
    It's actually called The Blue: mixed greens, red cabbage, carrots, roma tomatoes, blue cheese crumbles, fried onions, and blackened chicken with Texas toast.

Last edited by cindyt; 05-24-2015 at 07:43 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Cindy, that salad looks amazing!!
    Minerva

That does look yummy!

Hopefully, we are having lemon pepper pork steak. Depends on if it is thawed out yet.

"I just go here!"