Thread: Abandoned baby starves to death whilst mother parties

Doughbake1 Guest

Abandoned baby starves to death whilst mother parties

In Russia, a 19 year old mother abandoned her baby girl alone in a room for two weeks whilst she went out and partied. The poor girl starved to death.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...30-months.html

Naturally, she became a figure of hate in Russia, where she had to be protected by bullet-proof glass during her trial. Sentenced to ten years hard labour, she appealed her sentence, blaming her own parents for not teaching her to be a good mother. Yeah right, like you need to be taught that babies need food to avoid them starving to death. Most people already know that by the time they are 5 years old!

But - way to go, judge - the judge hearing the appeal was so disgusted by the crime and her pitiful excuse, trying to offload blame onto others, that he actually INCREASED her sentence by adding an extra 2 and a half years.

Those Russians don't mess around, and I bet hard labour over there truly is tough. Which is awesome! Bet the other inmates will not think much of her either. Doub't she'll look quite so pretty by the time she gets out.

My only qualm is that even with the additional time added on, and allowing for the fact that hard labour is involved, 12 and a half years seems way too short still for a crime of this magnitude.

My God, that poor child. Hard labor had better be tough, I want that bitch crying and screaming 24/7.

Doughbake1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    My God, that poor child. Hard labor had better be tough, I want that bitch crying and screaming 24/7.
    Am with you on those feelings.

And the thing is, all Russian hospitals have baby hatches where unwanted babies can be legally dumped to be cared for by others, rather than have them left unwanted and neglected. Which makes what happened here all the more inexcusable and disgusting. All she had to do before going off on her two week binge is take her obviously unwanted baby daughter to the nearest hospital first. That's all she had to do!

I think hard labor in Russia is more than picking up trash. Once her story gets around she should become immensely popular.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Reminds me of Casey Anthony

!2 and 1/2 years of hard labor is a WAY BETTER sentence than she would have gotten in the USA, but she'll still be only about 31 or 32 by the time she gets out. And if there are male guards, I mean, come on, a party girl will take anything she can get. So a mandatory STERILIZATION had BETTER BE part of the package, or history WILL repeat itself-- 12 years will pass quicker than one THINKS it does.

I don't get it. There are those of us out there that would have loved to have our own children and taken good care of them.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

jjropes23 Guest
    She'll probably turn up dead by summer wherever they ship her.... They don't mess around when it comes to kids. Should of just put her in the open though, although maybe she wet herself in fear. I'll settle for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    I don't get it. There are those of us out there that would have loved to have our own children and taken good care of them.
    Yes, ^^^ this.

AussieBec Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    That is something I don't get either,There is so many families out there who would love kids who can't have them and we just seem to be seeing this sort of news more often

Hope she likes Syberia...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

The worst thing that people do is refer to that THING as a mother. She was in no way a parent she was a sperm incubator. I really pray the Russian prisoners are as forgiving as we are in the US towards child murderers.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

This is just inexplicable. But I'm sure her fellow prisoners will make sure she pays.

Russian prisons are notorious for being harsh looks like she will suffer but not as much a her daughter did.