Thread: Larry Henley - wrote 'Wind beneath my wings'

stegosaurus Guest

Larry Henley - wrote 'Wind beneath my wings'

Larry has died. Interesting career. I can't stand 'Wind beneath my wings'. He was in a band who had the hit 'Bread and Butter' and did a lot more. Have a read

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Henley

I hate Wind Beneath My Wings too; RIP Larry; you shoulda stuck with your Bread and Butter:

To be fair: he co-wrote Wind Beneath My Wings with Jeff Slbar; so he was only half guilty of an abomination.
    Last edited by JimC; 12-21-2014 at 08:32 AM.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Had no idea he was in the above group.

Do not care for "Wind Beneath My Wings."

Yeah; I'm pretty sure that group is where black folks got the idea for soul and rhythm- it just didn't exist till those boys came along with their slick moves and that falsetto voice and those mad song writing skills.

And to clarify for those with different opinions; just because I don't like Wind Beneath My Wings doesn't mean that I think it's no good; I just don't happen to like it; kind of like Little Red Corvette. Love Prince and a lot of his stuff; just not that particular one.

Oh I detest Wind Beneath My Wings too, especially the lyrics (unless maybe if they were sung in a passive-aggressive way ).

You be careful out among them English.
    Don't mess with the banjo player - he's hard core, dude!
    Catch my music on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ve...aaqUrXEEcb50Y2
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009366909869

I must be in the minority because I love Wind Beneath My Wings but it has to be the Bette Midler version. Is it cheesy?...yes but that's what makes it what it is.

I am sure he was a great guy that was kind to puppies.....but eh-gad.....that song just grates me the wrong way....anywho.....RIP
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

I sing Wind Beneath My Wings to my son. He is 23 now so I've been aggravating him with that song for some time. My version is very dramatic with pauses throughout.

Glutton for punishment that I am; I searched for "William Shatner Wind Beneath My Wings."

Fate has smiled upon us all today; seems that Bill never got around to that one; probably by popular pleading, "for the sake of humanity!"; or some such.

Quote Originally Posted by SheeBee View Post
    I sing Wind Beneath My Wings to my son. He is 23 now so I've been aggravating him with that song for some time. My version is very dramatic with pauses throughout.
    Just remember, one day he may be choosing a retirement home for you.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Glutton for punishment that I am; I searched for "William Shatner Wind Beneath My Wings."

Fate has smiled upon us all today; seems that Bill never got around to that one; probably by popular pleading, "for the sake of humanity!"; or some such.
    Don't worry, he'll get around to it. He and Santa Claus are two of the busiest guys on the planet. When Shatner does it, it will be an improvement.

A couple of weeks ago, I heard a guy at an open stage night play Mr. Tambourine Man in 5/7 time. Actually, I think there were a few measures of 3/4 and 2/4 in there, too. I prayed for Bill Shatner to suddenly appear from the wings and end our misery.

Catch my music on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ve...aaqUrXEEcb50Y2

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    Just remember, one day he may be choosing a retirement home for you.

I've got a daughter that I've never sang a crappy song to so I think I'll be OK but you have a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by SheeBee View Post
    The more dramatic the better

I thought it was a good song when it first came out, I first heard it sung by Gary Morris. This is one of those songs that was way over played and it began to suck! Unlike "You are the wind beneath my sheets" by Pinkard & Bowden. :P
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

I guess I am in the minority too. Love "Wind Beneath My Wings." Have performed it many times, my favorite time was on a father's day some years ago. Sang it for my (now late) dad one Sunday in church. It was a very touching experience for the both of us. RIP Mr. Henley.

Can't stand the song.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    I thought it was a good song when it first came out, I first heard it sung by Gary Morris. This is one of those songs that was way over played and it began to suck! Unlike "You are the wind beneath my sheets" by Pinkard & Bowden. :P
    My thoughts exactly... the Gary Morris version was beautiful, but then as you said, the over playing, along with so many artists recording it, turned the song into a "nails on a chalkboard" experience. UGH.

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Ah yes, what did the maxipad say to the fart? You are the wind beneath my wings!

Thank you Paula Poundstone.

Detest that song.