Thread: Bill Bonds: Detroit News Anchor

Bill Bonds: Detroit News Anchor

This guy was a news anchor in Detroit for like 400 years. I met him in in a restaurant once. He had makeup on and seemed kinda pervy.
    http://m.clickondetroit.com/news/loc...-dies/30220592
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

That black and white pic of him looks pervy. Reminds me of Ted Baxter.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

If memory serves Bill Bonds was one of the first if not THE first LOCAL television news anchor to had a made a million dollars a year. Of course over the years many of others had done the same thing but then again many of those same people had always denied making that much money. Example..Irv Weinstein who anchored Buffalo's Eyewitness News on WKBW-TV channel 7 from the 60's through the the 90's. No secret within the broadcast biz that WKBW both radio & TV combined had paid him that much money but Irv himself would scream bullshit if one would approach him about it but those who had worked for "KB" over the years would beg to differ.
    Last edited by choff; 12-13-2014 at 06:17 PM.

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    That black and white pic of him looks pervy. Reminds me of Ted Baxter.
    Holy shit he does look creepy pervy in that pic.

Bill Bonds WAS Detroit TV news for a long time. When Bonds and fellow newscaster Diana Lewis was on the air, you never would know what to expect. He would probably still be hanging in there but his drinking brought him down.

I remember my grandpa hating Bill Bonds and my Grandma would always put him on anyway lol. I think he had a crush on Amyre Makupson though.
    Last edited by MiraculousMandarin; 12-14-2014 at 09:15 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

endsleigh03 Guest
    Aww, RIP Bill Bonds.

He was ALWAYS on in our house while growing up. He was great til the alcohol ate him up.

Loved Bill Bonds - He was a no bullshit kind of guy. He was the godfather to an ex-girlfriend, so I got to hang out and share drinks with him a few times. He was what you wanted in an anchorman, not afraid to call someone out if need be. I used to love watching him argue with former Detroit mayor Coleman Young. I'll miss him!

Here in London Canada, Detroit was our American channel's
    But what about that wig he always had on his head.

Also I bet he was a jerk. (Sorry about his death)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by choff View Post
    If memory serves Bill Bonds was one of the first if not THE first LOCAL television news anchor to had a made a million dollars a year. Of course over the years many of others had done the same thing but then again many of those same people had always denied making that much money. Example..Irv Weinstein who anchored Buffalo's Eyewitness News on WKBW-TV channel 7 from the 60's through the the 90's. No secret within the broadcast biz that WKBW both radio & TV combined had paid him that much money but Irv himself would scream bullshit if one would approach him about it but those who had worked for "KB" over the years would beg to differ.
    And he accomplished it all without steroids . . . so his records will stand for ages.