Thread: Serial podcast on NPR

Deathgoddess Guest

Serial podcast on NPR

I searched the name of the show and everyone involved and came up with nothing, so I am going to go ahead and post this!

Is anyone listening to the real life murder mystery that NPR is doing with their new series "Serial"? I just started it the other night and I have already listened to all of the available episodes. Basically, it is about a real murder that happened in 1999 in Baltimore. A teen was accused of murdering his GF, but the evidence was scant and the trial mismanaged. A reporter was handed the story and she is doing a whole series devoted to rehashing the case and talking to everyone involved to see if she can figure out if he is really guilty or not.

It is surprisingly addictive and it is so FAD it isn't even funny.

Is anyone else listening? Is there a thread somewhere that I couldn't find?

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    I've never heard of it but it sounds interesting.

luckyinlove Guest
    i am totally obsessed. Slate has a number of articles about the case and podcast. The convicted murderer's name is Adnan Syed and the victim was named Hae Lee Min. Serial has a website with lots of cool pictures and other info about the case. I eagerly await each Thursday's installment!!

kmgt Guest

Serial

I wasn't sure where to put this, and couldn't find anything already posted.

Is anyone listening to Serial Podcast? I am totally hooked. The narrator tells one true crime story in increments week by week. She and her team are investigating the murder of a high school girl from Baltimore in 1999. It's fascinating.

If you've listened (or when you do), what do you think? Did Adnan do it?

stay_zee Guest
    I listened to it this weekend. It is very interesting. I found it strange that Adnan would leave his phone and car with someone he barely knew. Yet, if he murdered Hae why would he involve someone he barely knew. If I were on the jury, a complete lack of physical evidence would may me lean toward acquittal.

Can I listen on the NPR website?

stay_zee Guest
    I went to serialpodcast.org and listened to it for free

Quote Originally Posted by stay_zee View Post
    I went to serialpodcast.org and listened to it for free
    Thanks!!!!

luckyinlove Guest
    I love this podcast!!! Do you guys think he's guilty?

You can get it for free on ITunes too. I'm downloading it now.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

stay_zee Guest
    The next episode comes out on thursday the 4th.

hey guys! I have been so obsessed with this story, who else is listening?
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

stay_zee Guest
    I just listened to the latest episode. Wow, some bombs were dropped. I love this case.

stay_zee Guest
    The last episode comes out this Thursday.

stay_zee Guest
    All episodes have now been released. Great entertainment! Anxiously awaiting DNA results...

If you haven't aleady, check out the Undisclosed podcast. It picks up where Serial left off. Seriously amazing things are being dug up & the revelations just keep coming!

also, MSNBC's The Docket has some good segments about this! I'm obsessed with this case & really hope the truth can come out.

Wondering if this should be retitiled, "Adnan Syed" or "Hae Min Lee" in police blotter? Serial will be starting another season soon unrelated to the first... Mods?

luckyinlove Guest
    Just listened to the final undisclosed on the Syed case. A book about it is coming out in September. I really believe he's innocent!

I stumbled upon the HBO docuseries “The Case Against Adnan Sayed” on Hulu a couple weeks ago and I’m hooked. I watched the entire series and listened to the entire season of the podcast.
    I don’t think Adnan or Jay did it. I’d like to see the fingerprint on the rear view mirror of Hea’s car tested against Don. Something about what I’ve heard/seen/read about him rubs me the wrong way....