Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stephen Collins - eek!

Stephen Collins - eek!

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

"Stephen Collins -- who played the pastor/dad on "7th Heaven" -- confessed to his estranged wife he was a child molester, and it's all on tape ... a tape obtained by TMZ. And the New York Police Dept. is now conducting an active criminal investigation involving sexual contact with multiple children."

http://www.tmz.com/2014/10/07/stephe...investigation/

VCNJ~
    Professional Thread-Killer

O...M...G!!!!!
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Holy shit batman!! The 7th Heaven jokes will explode. I hope they get the sicko but there is something a cop says in the interview that didn't sound right. Do we have any lawyers here? Here is the quote from the TMZ story...

"One law enforcement source tells us ... although decades have passed since the molestation, they believe the case can still be prosecuted because the statute of limitations runs from the date of reporting."

That doesn't sound right. At best it sounds iffy. I always thought the statute of limitations started at the time of the crime. The cop doesn't sound too confident either with the "they believe" wording. Either way I hope they get the sob if he's guilty. That bit just sounded shady to me.

Missouri it's from the time the survivor (the victims die, IMO) turns 18. It ran out on me years ago.

How could any human being do such a thing.......
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    Holy shit batman!! The 7th Heaven jokes will explode. I hope they get the sicko but there is something a cop says in the interview that didn't sound right. Do we have any lawyers here? Here is the quote from the TMZ story...

"One law enforcement source tells us ... although decades have passed since the molestation, they believe the case can still be prosecuted because the statute of limitations runs from the date of reporting."

That doesn't sound right. At best it sounds iffy. I always thought the statute of limitations started at the time of the crime. The cop doesn't sound too confident either with the "they believe" wording. Either way I hope they get the sob if he's guilty. That bit just sounded shady to me.
    I believe that it varies from state to state.

Quote Originally Posted by weirdgurl View Post
    I believe that it varies from state to state.
    This is true. IMO, there should be NO statute of limitations on sex crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    I agree. There isn't one on murder and, as far as I am concerned, sexual abuse is the murder of innocence.

I agree. There isn't one on murder and, as far as I am concerned, sexual abuse is the murder of innocence.
    Very well said. I think that any crime that keeps hurting the victim or their significant others, should have no statute of limitations. If the crime keeps hurting, so should the liability of committing that hurt.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    March 1934-July 2016

It is. I feel I am ruined for life because of what happened to me, and for how long it went on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    Very well said. I think that any crime that keeps hurting the victim or their significant others, should have no statute of limitations. If the crime keeps hurting, so should the liability of committing that hurt.
    Exactly. In my case, karma caught up to him anyway, even if the law couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    I agree 100%
    I am the king of all things stupid!

From what I could find, the New York statute of limitations for child sex abuse is that it has to be reported before the child is 23 years old. From the Wall Street Journal:
    http://online.wsj.com/articles/new-y...use-1401852918

In any case...his career is now over.

He's going to off himself.

This is the first time I've ever heard anyone actually confess to such a thing; usually the info comes from another source. It's sickening. I am sorry that any child has to go through that hell.

Does the wife bear any culpability for not reporting this when she originally learned of it?

VCNJ~
    Professional Thread-Killer

What I do not get is the wife knew since 2012, am I right on this? Should she not have reported this as soon as she was told? Should she not be held some what responsible for not reporting it. I am not trying to anyway to take any blame from this sick sick man but I am concerned about how many other children could have been harmed because she did not report this sooner why wait until now? Just a thought

She should.

Spousal privilege will probably relieve her of any charges. Unless she was a mandated reporter.

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by VeuveClicquotNJ View Post
    Does the wife bear any culpability for not reporting this when she originally learned of it?

VCNJ~
    What is crazy ....is that she is guilty of a misdemeanor if this happened in California

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2012/rpt/2012-R-0058.htm
    March 1934-July 2016

http://www.salon.com/2014/10/07/acto...se_confession/

"But it’s also pretty chilling when Grant asks, “How did you talk to her? What kinds of things did you say?” and the therapist coolly asks, “What is it that you are looking for?” It’s brutal to hear Grant saying that the young girl Collins allegedly had more than one encounter with had written to her about it."

They would have to find a victim willing to come forward, which would be splashed all over the news. And I'm betting when all is said and done the statute of limitations is up.
    Those poor girls.

I always found him creepy, something around the eyes. But I find most celebs creepy.

ETA: He was just fired from the cast of Ted 2.
    Last edited by TheWrath of MadelineKahn; 10-07-2014 at 10:24 AM.
    Morgan

wow. won't watch 7th heaven the same effin perv. and yeah his career. done.

I never watched 7th Heaven. Just seen him in a few movies over the years. I remember him from the 1979 movie, "The Promise" with Kathleen Quinlan. A corny romance movie, but I liked it.

He DID look creepy. It's like you can't put your finger on it but now it's like "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. that's what it was". Same thing for the principal in Ferris Bueller that got busted.

[QUOTE=StewartGilliganGriffin;1472331

Same thing for the principal in Ferris Bueller that got busted.[/QUOTE]

Yep - Jeffrey Jones. He was also Lydia's dad in Beetlejuice. He disappeared totally. Hopefully he had some money saved to pay the bills. Also Gary Glitter was another pervert who tossed away his career because of this shit.

If these allegations are true, the scary part is that he is 69 years old and has had a long career in acting and who knows how many other victims may be out there.

Quote Originally Posted by sierrarose View Post
    If these allegations are true, the scary part is that he is 69 years old and has had a long career in acting and who knows how many other victims may be out there.
    so true. wow.

I was watching Always Sunny in Philadelphia and this pervert pops up. Apparently he plays the biological father of the twins. Funny episode but now it's ruined for me. I just want to beat this bastard.

It makes me wonder what the real reason was behind Jessica Biel leaving "7th Heaven."

Exactly, she should have reported him back in 2012 ! If she recorded this in the presence of a therapist, why did he/she not call the police ? They are just as guilty as he is.

It makes me wonder what the real reason was behind Jessica Biel leaving "7th Heaven."
    From the sound of it she was way too old for him.

He should do time. Child molesting kills the innocence of that child. That is murder. I am married to a survivor. It never goes away for the victim, why should it go away for the perp.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Exactly, she should have reported him back in 2012 ! If she recorded this in the presence of a therapist, why did he/she not call the police ? They are just as guilty as he is.
    This article indicates she told police as soon as he admitted it in the therapy session.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ild-abuse.html

"Again I had no knowledge of Stephen’s secret life until January 2012. I heard accounts of Stephen’s secret life from Stephen’s therapist, his sister-in-law, his sister-in-law’s husband, and Stephen himself.’ Faye says she never witnessed any of the abuse first hand and never suspected her husband was abusing children.
    She added: ‘After Stephen admitted to molesting the three young girls, I reported his acts to the police in both Los Angeles County and New York City."

So a better question would be why the NYPD/SVU has been sitting on this information since 2012.

She filed for divorce Feb 1, 2012 and asked the court again to grant the divorce in November 2013 as the husband of one of the victims was threatening to name her in a civil suit.

"In December 2012, Faye received letters and a phone call from the furious husband of one of the victims, angry at Faye for not turning Stephen over to police.
    The husband threatened to bring a civil lawsuit against Faye for Stephen's actions.

She said in her statement: 'I am also afraid of the potential consequences that Stephen's behavior may have for me, including risking my reputation and livelihood.
    'I also fear that I may potentially face civil (or even criminal) liability for Stephen's actions.'"
    Last edited by TheWrath of MadelineKahn; 10-07-2014 at 09:26 PM.
    Morgan

Good thing she was watching out for herself and didn't give a shit about the victims.

She said in her statement: 'I am also afraid of the potential consequences that Stephen's behavior may have for me, including risking my reputation and livelihood.
    'I also fear that I may potentially face civil (or even criminal) liability for Stephen's actions.'"

aka "I'm justified in asking for everything in the divorce and that's why this news is just coming out now."

She's full of shit and is shaking him down. Pure and simple. Not that he doesn't deserve whatever he gets but she deserves nothing.

It was interesting watching him getting dumped left and right today, i.e. fired from a part in Ted 2, booted off the S.A.G. board, an intro he did for a "family" book that was being published being replaced, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    He should do time. Child molesting kills the innocence of that child. That is murder. I am married to a survivor. It never goes away for the victim, why should it go away for the perp.
    Exactly. The survivor is always left damaged in some way, shape, or form mentally, emotionally, and/or physically. Look at me.

Apparently there was a single gunshot at one of his residences and cops came out in force. He didn't do the deed. He was somewhere else at the time. The death hags are hovering. If somebody has this dude in a Dead Pool they may clean up.

I don't think his wife has done anything wrong by wanting to protect herself. I guarantee you everyone reading this would do the same thing. She did the proper thing by reporting everything she knew to the police; she filed for divorce, etc. I'm not sure what else y'all are thinking she should have done? Would you have contacted the girls' families yourself? Probably not, you wait for the authorities to do that. At least she didn't just sit on the information and do nothing. Give her a break y'all!

Quote Originally Posted by seurtoFW View Post
    I don't think his wife has done anything wrong by wanting to protect herself. I guarantee you everyone reading this would do the same thing. She did the proper thing by reporting everything she knew to the police; she filed for divorce, etc. I'm not sure what else y'all are thinking she should have done? Would you have contacted the girls' families yourself? Probably not, you wait for the authorities to do that. At least she didn't just sit on the information and do nothing. Give her a break y'all!
    Cut his dick off.

ITA Suerto... she did everything she needed to and pronto... reported it immediately and separated herself from him physically and legally... nothing wrong with her making it clear to everyone that this was the case. She has her own life and safety to think of, not to mention her career. I too would be extremely concerned about my own welfare... if she was so concerned about a divorce settlement, I doubt she would care quite as much as she does about making sure she can continue to work without this asswipe's crimes hanging over her head. JMO.

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

This is fuckin' weird. He was the senator in "Chiefs." :/

I always liked Stephen Collins. He could have stuck with 18 year old girls that looked "young" and been fine.

14 is too young.

This is FAD, we don't give breaks. Seriously, we are all entitled to our own opinion, as long as that opinion doesn't break the rules, without criticism

I feel like an ass now. I was under the impression she had known for quite a while.

Ok let's say she did turn it into the cops. Why did she wait so long to go to the media about it? If she cared so much for those kids why did she wait 2 years before she went to the media? Not that she's obligated to go to the media. But why now? To squeeze everything she can out of him. I just think it's a self serving shitty reason that she chose to out him. I'm glad she did out him. One of the only things I hate more than a gold digger is a child molester so this is like the best of both worlds for a hater like me. I can hate both a LOT!!

First, Seagorath - IMO - it doesn't matter what age the girls are 2 or 80, it's not right to go around exposing your peepee to them. If you think it needs to be admired, look in the mirror. It's still WRONG. StewartGilliganGriffin - I don't think the best way to handle any issue, especially a highly sensitive one like this, is to go to the press about it. I don't care if you're rich and famous or broke and nobody. Dirty laundry is dirty laundry and other than going through proper channels, should be left in one's own back yard. Again, this is JMHO. I do not categorize her as a gold digger. I categorize her as a betrayed wife of a scumbag who has every right to protect her good name. Again, JMHO.

Misquoted once again by FAD morons. I'm not replying to your mess. Stop misquoting me, people. I said it was BAD...what MORE do you want.

Get it together, SeurtoFW.

Here is the audio recording again...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a15_1412713719

I absolutely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    This is fuckin' weird. He was the senator in "Chiefs." :/

I always liked Stephen Collins. He could have stuck with 18 year old girls that looked "young" and been fine.

14 is too young.

I'm sorry if you feel I misquoted you, Seagorath. My comment about it being wrong to show your peepee to a girl/woman of any age was JUST MY OPINION and not an insult to you personally. I apologize if you took it that way.