Thread: Matt Lauer fired by NBC (3 guesses why!)

Matt Lauer fired by NBC (3 guesses why!)

Holy frijoles! Will these sexual assault/harassment stories never end?!

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/29/medi...uer/index.html
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

What's with all these guys?
    Don't they know how to engage a woman (I'm assuming it was a female here) and have a consensual encounter?

These guys have some serious psychological\ego issues to be doing crap like that.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Yes, it was a woman. And she's not claiming harassment but sexual assault.

These men are rich and famous enough that they don't have to hit on subordinates. They have a lot of options as to who they can hit on. But something obviously excites them about hitting on women who they have work authority over. That's a characteristic of sexual sadism. Lauer's wife accused him of "cruel and inhumane treatment" when she filed for divorce.

And Lauer's alleged assault could be very bad for him, since he would have traveled overseas to carry it out. That would make it a federal crime, for which the sentence would be longer. And there's essentially no parole from federal prison, although he could get a little time off for good behavior.
    Last edited by Skiddledy Gumbo; 11-29-2017 at 03:41 PM.

I just love waking up everyday and seeing who is next

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post

That was the first thing that I thought of when I saw this. Are these guys actually that stupid nowadays???

It's funny but......when I saw, I think, Corey Feldman (who looks awful, IMO) on the Dr. Oz (a girl I went to school with used to work with him in the New York hospital where he's a staff member and she said that she hated him) show naming names, I had a feeling that the dam would burst wide open with accusations.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    I just love waking up everyday and seeing who is next
    True, when it comes to American morning shows I
    think Ryan Seacrest(Live with Kelly and Ryan) will
    be next.
    But I draw the line when anybody will blame
    Regis Philbin.( my talk show hero)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post

To be honest I am getting bored with the whole thing. Not to take away from anyone who has been assaulted, but I am wondering who is telling the truth as opposed to those who want their name in the paper or their 15 minutes. There are real victims, but when everyone straight or gay comes out of the woodwork to lay claims it makes me believe them less. Which doesn't help those women or men who are true victims of assault and rape.
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 11-30-2017 at 03:35 PM.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I don't think this will stop anytime soon. It's been going on forever. Something this ingrained into the very fabric of our society, is a a HUGE beast that will take a long time to kill and the death throes will be epic.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Much ado about nothing.
    Simple locker room hijinks between guys.

In an office setting.
    Involving women.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

It seems to be very fashionable these days that people who have used sex with powerful people to get higher up in the Hollywood cesspool to "come out" and justify their decisions accusing them.

This has been the normal entrance into "stardom" for female actors since the silent movie era and everyone knew and accepted it. If you valued your career then more than your integrity you should shut up now.

(for the record: I do agree that these creeps should be punished very hard.. It just annoys me that those rich, famous actresses now claim to be "victims" while they all benefited from their abuse... It leads away the attention from the real, normal victims)
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

^ Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by jerryvr View Post
    It seems to be very fashionable these days that people who have used sex with powerful people to get higher up in the Hollywood cesspool to "come out" and justify their decisions accusing them.

This has been the normal entrance into "stardom" for female actors since the silent movie era and everyone knew and accepted it. If you valued your career then more than your integrity you should shut up now.

(for the record: I do agree that these creeps should be punished very hard.. It just annoys me that those rich, famous actresses now claim to be "victims" while they all benefited from their abuse... It leads away the attention from the real, normal victims)
    I have never seen so much hypocrisy since this hit the news. It was easy to be deaf, dumb and blind to the goings on until the shit hit the fan. I have no respect for some of these women now, their silence allowed for this to continue. Meryl (I had no idea! ) Streep leads the pack.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.