Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting of Michael Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    Congratulations, you have just invented metasarcasim.
    I second that!
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    I second that!

Why am I starting to cringe when I see people use the term thug....
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    Maybe homie would be more appropriate.

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Maybe because you're one of those ultra sensitive liberals full of white guilt that sees racism everywhere? "Thug" is NOT the new "N-Word" and I hate saying "N-Word"... just say the friggin word and if someone can't understand context they should go back to school.... but I digress. "Thug" works for all races that indulge in the prison culture so popular today. I've called black people and white people "thug" and honestly never even thought about race when saying it.

Because you know and I know that word gets applied to black youth way more than whites. Because it has become the new word for people to express their anger without taking responsibility for the full implications for what they are saying. Don't jump on me all at once, there are exceptions to the rule but there is still a rule. Back in the day, when people used the n-word, they used to say "but I'm not talking about the good ones, just the bad ones". Then why used the word at all then?

Last time I looked thugs came in all colors. Anybody that uses their size, physical strength, wealth or influence to intimidate someone is a thug. I think Donald Trump is a thug.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by sierrarose View Post
    Because you know and I know that word gets applied to black youth way more than whites. Because it has become the new word for people to express their anger without taking responsibility for the full implications for what they are saying. Don't jump on me all at once, there are exceptions to the rule but there is still a rule. Back in the day, when people used the n-word, they used to say "but I'm not talking about the good ones, just the bad ones". Then why used the word at all then?
    It's apples and oranges. If the word "thug" makes you think of black people then perhaps it is you who is a racist. I mean "you" just generally speaking. Not "you" personally. I've found those that see racism under every bush are usually the biggest racists. I promise you if the exact same thing went down. I mean same people, time, place. Literally everything the same except Michael Brown was white I promise white Michael Brown would be a shot dead mother fucker just like this one is. The only reason this is an issue is because of his race. If he was white people would just be saying, "goodbye to bad rubbish" and they'd be exactly right; black and white.

http://news.yahoo.com/federal-autops...064512024.html
    Feds release autopsy findings. Nothing we didn't already know but here it is for anyone interested.

Cause of death called homicide.
    http://www.boston.com/news/nation/20...0cN/story.html

I'm curious whether the feds will bring charges.
    Last edited by McMorbid; 12-09-2014 at 02:25 PM.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

the thug terrorists are still attacking whites, esp. those in the Bosnian community. Big surprise there.

11. 12-11-2014, 07:24 PM

Aaaaaaaalllll new low!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10431509_10204593129502394_2455467845916220176_n.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	52042
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    "Thug" works for all races that indulge in the prison culture so popular today. I've called black people and white people "thug" and honestly never even thought about race when saying it.
    See... this is where I'm having a struggle. I've never referred to them as thugs, I prefer to call all of these kids that embrace the prison culture as punks. But I can't decide whether I want to call them "Bitch-ass punks" or "Punk-ass bitches"!
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

"Punk" is a perfect synonym for "thug". As a word Thug is just the updated version of the word Punk.

Depends on what circle you run in. Thug can be a compliment but punk is always a cut. Punk and bitch are synonymous with coward or homosexual. In prison that's how you refer to men living like a woman.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

I thought this article was kind of interesting. Some of the witnesses - on both sides - were clearly lying to the grand jury.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/14/justic...html?hpt=hp_t2
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Back in the day, when people used the n-word, they used to say "but I'm not talking about the good ones, just the bad ones". Then why used the word at all then?
    i dont think the two are comparable in this regard... Thug does not have a good connotation & it (at least to me) could be defined as anyone who is involved in seedy dealings or uses their size, power, wealth or some other means of bullying another person.

as far as m. Brown goes, this is the wrong case to hold up as police brutality or anything of the sort. Punk, thug, whatever we wanna call it, he wasn't a choir boy. His actions contributed to his death. Eric Garner, on the other hand? That's the case we need to use as an example, IMHO.
    Last edited by sfcitygirl; 12-15-2014 at 05:37 PM.

New protest......will it never end?

Last edited by Mcafgr; 12-15-2014 at 07:42 PM.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    New protest......will it never end?

Not as long as the media keeps pissing gas on the fire.
    Last edited by cleanskull; 12-16-2014 at 05:15 AM.

jjropes23 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Not as media keeps pissing gas on the fire.
    Agreed, if you give something attention it will continue to thrive whether it should or not. That description though left a really funny image in my head, if only I could draw!

thug

(θʌɡ) n1. a tough and violent man, esp a criminal
    2. (Historical Terms) (sometimes capital) (formerly) a member of an organization of robbers and assassins in India who typically strangled their victims

[C19: from Hindi thag thief, from Sanskrit sthaga scoundrel, from sthagati to conceal]

So unless you are an Indian thief it isn't racist. Smh...
    Not everything is a bash on a specific race. Most things are a bash on a specific group of people within any race.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    thug

(θʌɡ) n1. a tough and violent man, esp a criminal
    2. (Historical Terms) (sometimes capital) (formerly) a member of an organization of robbers and assassins in India who typically strangled their victims

[C19: from Hindi thag thief, from Sanskrit sthaga scoundrel, from sthagati to conceal]

So unless you are an Indian thief it isn't racist. Smh...
    Not everything is a bash on a specific race. Most things are a bash on a specific group of people within any race.
    Depends on how you use it. Saying "He is a thug" is not considered racist IMO, but saying "They are all thugs," meaning an entire race or culture is racist.
    Last edited by cindyt; 12-16-2014 at 05:11 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Depends on how you use it. Saying "He is a thug" is not considered racist IMO, but saying "They are all thugs," meaning an entire race or culture is racist.
    I agree. It's like saying all white people are rednecks. That would be racist. But saying that white dude is a redneck is not racist.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    I agree. It's like saying all white people are rednecks. That would be racist. But saying that white dude is a redneck is not racist.
    Exactly.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Not as long as the media keeps pissing gas on the fire.
    It's all about money and reaching that so-called "younger demo". Last year a local family was killed in a tragic house fire. The top story that night on our local TV newscast ?? The Kardashians and Bruce Jenner. I actually called up their newsroom to complain but was told that their "younger viewers with money" care more about The Kardashians and Brucie Boy than some family who was killed in a fire because they were too stupid to have a working smoke detector.

Quote Originally Posted by choff View Post
    It's all about money and reaching that so-called "younger demo". Last year a local family was killed in a tragic house fire. The top story that night on our local TV newscast ?? The Kardashians and Bruce Jenner. I actually called up their newsroom to complain but was told that their "younger viewers with money" care more about The Kardashians and Brucie Boy than some family who was killed in a fire because they were too stupid to have a working smoke detector.
    That is some sad shit but no surprise nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by choff View Post

That is sad. Are they a news station or a tabloid?
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

ktkatinmn Guest
    I have never ACTUALLY heard any facts proving that this was a racially motivated killing.

Is there anything concrete from the investigations and Grand Jury that proves this policeman shot this criminal because he was black?

From everything I have picked thru, I can't find anything that makes this anything more than a young man deciding that he is going to intimidate a store owner and steal said storeowner's goods. Domino effect of the choices he made that day...

Had this young man stepped into that store to pick up a job application, rather than stealing some Swisher Sweets, his day would have ended much differently.

I'm sorry, but everytime I see the tape of him manhandling that little shop owner, I just get so upset. I honestly don't care what color Michael Brown was. He was a thug.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    I'm sorry, but everytime I see the tape of him manhandling that little shop owner, I just get so upset. I honestly don't care what color Michael Brown was. He was a thug.
    It enrages me!

I want to scream seeing him assault the store owner. Funny how that part is never talked about...

As a mother, I would be fucking horrified & most definitely not on every talk show.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    That is sad. Are they a news station or a tabloid?
    If was our local ABC affiliate that went dark just before Christmas last year. Can't say that I am surprised about this sort of thing. The times I had visited family in Colorado I can remember a few times watching their local FOX newscasts and the top story was related to American Idol. Not all the time but it I have seen it happen.

gentle giant my fat ash. he was a thug
    Last edited by PiggyTx; 12-30-2014 at 04:52 PM. Reason: poorly worded

Yes, he was. It seems to me that he used his size for intimidation and taking what he wanted. I am sorry that all ended the way that it did and I am sorry that there is a grieving family. However, I am also sorry that there is a young police officer whose life will never be the same.

I don't consider the term thug racist. Personally I like the word, because it reminds me of the Thuggee cult, and I am a big time nerd.

Oh, and Michael Brown was certainly a thug.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

In the late 1970's I would listen to a local radio station that had a local talk radio show they broadcast called "Bring on the Thugs". Thugs were defined as anyone either a private citizen or any form of government that broke the law or violated the rights of others. They even had a club and somewhere I have a "Bring on the Thugs" bumper sticker. The word thug was not used in any way that could be considered racist and thugs came (and still do) in all ages, sizes, religions or nonreligious, and every skin color.

These people are thugs and they are white

evilwitchgrrrl Guest
    Exactly! How come every white school shooter gets a headline along the lines of 'Teen prodigy with severe mental problems' while every black guy shot by a police officer gets one like 'He stole a cigar / a popsicle / his wallet looked like a gun, so he deserved to die'?

What I also don't get, and I'm not living in the U.S. so if there's anything I'm not taking into account here, please enlighten me, is this: there's a number of black people shot by police with a narrative of 'but they were carrying a gun' in f'in OPEN CARRY states?! I dont... I cannot comprehend this. Seriously. So open carry is only for white people or what are they trying to say?

To Germany. You would never understand if you have never lived this experience with them. I not wasting my time with this.

evilwitchgrrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertGypsy View Post
    To Germany. You would never understand if you have never lived this experience with them. I not wasting my time with this.

Well then please enlighten me as to why obviously white people should be allowed to carry guns everywhere at all times whereas to black people should never carry a gun unless they want to be shot? Or carry anything else that could look like a gun from a distance? Im just sayin that all the stuff that has happened sure looks like it's about race, even if the media doesn't want to have this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by evilwitchgrrrl View Post
    Well then please enlighten me as to why obviously white people should be allowed to carry guns everywhere at all times whereas to black people should never carry a gun unless they want to be shot? Or carry anything else that could look like a gun from a distance? Im just sayin that all the stuff that has happened sure looks like it's about race, even if the media doesn't want to have this conversation.
    Good point! Well said

Let me take a wack at this. I have been very silent for a long time due to some political crap going on here, but there is some confusion in your statement. As for race......that is all the media has covered...they fed the flames to these demonstrations. If Mr Brown was white and he acted the same way, he would be just as dead.

As far as gun ownership. Race is not a deciding factor in licensing. Mental status, gun safety etc is. I think every home should have at least 3 guns in the house. A good, comfortable automatic for carry loaded with hollow points. A smaller caliber for target shooting, usually a .22. And a shotgun, with a short barrel for home defense. The shotgun is like a flamethrower for home defense.

Here is a good example of what everyone is missing. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO GET SHOT AND DIE, THEN DO WHAT THE COPS SAY AND DO NOT BEAT UP STORE CLERKS AND THEN TRY TO WRESTLE A GUN FROM A POLICEMAN. I taught all four of my daughters that simple lesson when they were young. And you know what, they never had a problem.

Also they ALL are registered gun owners and do a fair amount of skeet shooting. My 18 year old always kicks my butt!
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    March 1934-July 2016

^^this^^

weirdgurl Guest
    Here is a good example of what everyone is missing. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO GET SHOT AND DIE, THEN DO WHAT THE COPS SAY AND DO NOT BEAT UP STORE CLERKS AND THEN TRY TO WRESTLE A GUN FROM A POLICEMAN.
    That about covers it...

evilwitchgrrrl Guest
    Well, then how about the average person every WEEK that got shot since Michael Browns death on August 9th? Of course this source doesnt seem to be the most reliable but then on the other hand it is more or less the only one since noone seems to have even a remote idea of how many people police kill every year. I am not beyond reason. If you have a source that can tell me how many people police actually kill every year different to these two, please, hit me with your best shot. But I refuse to believe that in each and every one of these cases it was the persons fault they got shot.

All I've seen the American mainstream media do so far is deny that this is about race, deny that a system can ever be flawed. It just saddens me. Realizing a system is flawed is not a mistake in and of itself, it's the first step to making said system better ergo preventing hundreds of preventable deaths every year and removing a considerable source of structural violence.

If a 6'4'' police officer is so afraid of a 6'4'' black teenager that he doesnt know how to help himself but fire 6 shoots at him, he probably shouldnt be a police officer in the first place, by the way.

45. 01-01-2015, 01:02 AM

I don't want to annoy and interject a pesky fact here but black people have every right to own and posses firearms, even concealed where legal. As long as they go through and meet the required laws and regulations of their local communities. African Americans have every right as Euro Americans, including gun rights. Many of those rights I oppose but they aren't based on race.

I might be able to explain your misconception though. Just a theory here but in most inner cities gun ownership is prohibited, especially conceal laws. Most inner cities are predominately populated with African Americans. Most areas where conceal to carry is legal are rural areas, towns, smallish cities where the African American population is much lower and even those that do dwell in these areas don't typically know how to or go about the licensing procedure to become legally able to carry concealed weapons.

evilwitchgrrrl Guest
    I might have not worded my concern correctly. I am well aware that African Americans are legally able to buy and possess weapons just like Caucasian, Hispanics and people of any other ethnicity. What drives me nuts is for example the Tamir Rice Case.

Now if I am informed correctly Ohio is a traditional open carry state, which in my understanding means that any Ohio citizen can carry a gun openly and do so legally. As you might know, 12 year old boy Tamir Rice was shot when holding a BB gun. Subsequently the media created a narrative of justifiable cause, their argument being that he held said BB gun, but what really rustles my jimmies is that even if it had been a real gun it would have been afaik legal for Tamir to hold / carry the gun openly?

I might have not worded my concern correctly. I am well aware that African Americans are legally able to buy and possess weapons just like Caucasian, Hispanics and people of any other ethnicity. What drives me nuts is for example the Tamir Rice Case.

Now if I am informed correctly Ohio is a traditional open carry state, which in my understanding means that any Ohio citizen can carry a gun openly and do so legally. As you might know, 12 year old boy Tamir Rice was shot when holding a BB gun. Subsequently the media created a narrative of justifiable cause, their argument being that he held said BB gun, but what really rustles my jimmies is that even if it had been a real gun it would have been afaik legal for Tamir to hold / carry the gun openly?

DEAR GOD NO!!!....No state allows a 12 year old to open carry a hand gun. I think you are confused about gun laws in the states in general. Not being mocking in the least.

Try here
    https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-laws.aspx
    March 1934-July 2016

evilwitchgrrrl Guest
    DEAR GOD NO!!!....No state allows a 12 year old to open carry a hand gun. I think you are confused about gun laws in the states in general. Not being mocking in the least.

Try here
    https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-laws.aspx
    But I am not mistaken in thinking that a young adult man would have been legally and openly able to carry a gun, am I? His age obviously seemed to not make much of a difference in how police treated him.

I have to say I don't think the 12 year old's race had anything to do with it. There have been a number of cases of this happening. From kids to adults and all races. It happens. Nobody likes it but accidents and mistakes happen. Trying to morph it into a racial issue is just wrong imo. I wish there was some unbiased data on these mistaken shootings. See what races the victims were.

evilwitchgrrrl Guest
    I just think that there is a stunning amount of people of color that have died under mysterious circumstances. Especially in the last 3 months, but there has been a steady constant of people of color dying wrongfully, mysteriously or needlessly. As far as unbiased data go, I wish police would start tracking the amount of people they injure and reflect on the way they act on duty. I think the body cam approach is pretty useful, but then when you look at the wrongful death of Eric Garner, that was captured on video, it is obvious that video evidence will not change anything either.

Please just think for a second about how you would feel had your father, your brother, your son or your husband been shot wrongfully and been made into a villain afterwards so as to justify his death. If anyone is interested I will gladly supply them with links and further information on this.

I think I've said it before, the mistake is not in admitting a flaw. Just like people do, systems make mistakes and have flaws. The mistake is in denying to change.

edit: Please, if there have been so many cases of police shooting white people and going unpunished, I'd very much like to see an article about one of those. I cannot imagine that a cop would accidentally shoot a white person, leave alone a white kid and remain on paid leave for months while getting to openly mock the desceaseds family.
    Last edited by evilwitchgrrrl; 01-01-2015 at 01:26 PM.

I just wish the same amount of opportunistic black outrage and white guilt outrage would translate even an iota to what is happening within these communities on a daily basis.